Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming (12957 Views)

8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming / I Was Rejected At Many Music Reality Shows – Ogoor / "I Was Rejected At Many Music Reality Shows" – Ogoor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by Scatterscatter(m): 1:41pm On Nov 16, 2016
your head is there
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by Sezua(m): 1:52pm On Nov 16, 2016
Airforce1 don suffer

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by REMMEI(m): 1:53pm On Nov 16, 2016
That's true...

But baba,I be ibile rapper and trying to promo my songs.. Nairalanders I need una help o.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by Slimflame(m): 2:07pm On Nov 16, 2016
pocohantas:
Examples 1)Jaywon 2)DammyKrane 3)Selebobo 4)YQ
they can employ u,u wil be washin boxers for them
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by isaco(m): 2:15pm On Nov 16, 2016
I love this thread, nice one , I fall withing upcoming artist too, as per online networking n promotion any help here? tnks
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by kjhova(m): 2:51pm On Nov 16, 2016
Dear @OP,

You could not have listed these reasons better. You are sooo on point, only that you missed out ignorance and disloyalty, which limits the ability of the artiste to understand the basics of making it in the industry...in any industry and gaining from trust benefit!

I have a personal experience to share. Back in '99/2000 when almost everybody who is anybody in the industry today was still upcoming, I floated a label (more like an artiste management firm, really) which was nothing more than me, a group of 3 upcoming artistes, soft copy of the label logo and letter head and the raw gut desire to make something out of these odd collection.

I borrowed money from my mum and the parents of one of my artistes and we recorded two good (ofcourse #IMO) songs at a major studio in Ojuelegba. We printed couple of master demos and spent some fortune (by our standard) to distribute to radio jockeys and freelance DJs. I gave Waxxy a copy but he never played it but a few other DJs (Boomba, Kunle Job etc) gave us fair airplay for a fee.

Then we needed the media and school shows. I flipped up my uncle who was a sports editor at Fame magazine then and he helped with useful links; We were at Lagbaja's Artistes Unity concert at Motherlan', Fame Awards at the Nightshift Coliseum although we didn't perform at either ocassion. I hooked up with Ayo Animashaun of the then Hip Hip World magazine. He listened to our demo and asked me to bring my artistes over for a possible interview should he find us worthy. I really thought we were going somewhere.

Suddenly, the finest artiste pulled out. He was a kind of rich kid and couldn't see the point of the hussle anymore. One of the other two, being a proud and ambitious chap, met with Kunle Job and believing that they could further their career better with him pulled out and dragged the last artiste along!!! That was it, the meeting with Ayo never held again. It became serious family issues and i was advised to let the guys be. I felt lost and totally disillutioned. I abandoned every interest in the music thing and faced my studies jeje.

Needless to say that the two guys never made it beyond upcoming status in the industry. The ambitious chap hooked up with Terry Gee and Sheyman, invested loads of yahoo money on his fledgling career, created a portfolio label, made a few expensive videos yet never cracked it.

Bottom line, if you are upcoming for more than 10 years, quit the runs, you are probably never gonna come!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by legalintern1(m): 4:05pm On Nov 16, 2016
pocohantas:
Examples 1)Jaywon 2)DammyKrane 3)Selebobo 4)YQ
Selebobo ke
He is a producer so singing is just an additional talent
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by funnynation(m): 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2016
MackBrooklyn:

cheesy grin

[size=20pt]cc: Airforce1 cool [/size]
na wa for u ooo.. Na so u like trouble?
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by cassbeat(m): 4:32pm On Nov 16, 2016
nice thoughts there
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by cassbeat(m): 4:37pm On Nov 16, 2016
kjhova:
Dear @OP,

You could not have listed these reasons better. You are sooo on point, only that you missed out ignorance and disloyalty, which limits the ability of the artiste to understand the basics of making it in the industry...in any industry and gaining from trust benefit!

I have a personal experience to share. Back in '99/2000 when almost everybody who is anybody in the industry today was still upcoming, I floated a label (more like an artiste management firm, really) which was nothing more than me, a group of 3 upcoming artistes, soft copy of the label logo and letter head and the raw gut desire to make something out of these odd collection.

I borrowed money from my mum and the parents of one of my artistes and we recorded two good (ofcourse #IMO) songs at a major studio in Ojuelegba. We printed couple of master demos and spent some fortune (by our standard) to distribute to radio jockeys and freelance DJs. I gave Waxxy a copy but he never played it but a few other DJs (Boomba, Kunle Job etc) gave us fair airplay for a fee.

Then we needed the media and school shows. I flipped up my uncle who was a sports editor at Fame magazine then and he helped with useful links; We were at Lagbaja's Artistes Unity concert at Motherlan', Fame Awards at the Nightshift Coliseum although we didn't perform at either ocassion. I hooked up with Ayo Animashaun of the then Hip Hip World magazine. He listened to our demo and asked me to bring my artistes over for a possible interview should he find us worthy. I really thought we were going somewhere.

Suddenly, the finest artiste pulled out. He was a kind of rich kid and couldn't see the point of the hussle anymore. One of the other two, being a proud and ambitious chap, met with Kunle Job and believing that they could further their career better with him pulled out and dragged the last artiste along!!! That was it, the meeting with Ayo never held again. It became serious family issues and i was advised to let the guys be. I felt lost and totally disillutioned. I abandoned every interest in the music thing and faced my studies jeje.

Needless to say that the two guys never made it beyond upcoming status in the industry. The ambitious chap hooked up with Terry Gee and Sheyman, invested loads of yahoo money on his fledgling career, created a portfolio label, made a few expensive videos yet never cracked it.

Bottom line, if you are upcoming for more than 10 years, quit the runs, you are probably never gonna come!
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by justmenoni: 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
bros, well this is not meant for A-list artiste such as Airforce1
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by Paulscholari(m): 5:05pm On Nov 16, 2016
janzguy:
yes you are free, but please cite the original writer
okies tokies *winks*
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by Paulscholari(m): 5:12pm On Nov 16, 2016
kjhova:
Dear @OP,

so inspiring... So so inspiring.. Am an upcoming gospel artiste and I find this so help full.. .. I don't mind more advice from you sir
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by PaulIdu: 5:20pm On Nov 16, 2016
az94:
Bushmeat caught in my estate

Are you guys gon eat him
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by yamunla(m): 6:24pm On Nov 16, 2016
az94:
which estate is dis
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by ItzHoludex(m): 7:47pm On Nov 16, 2016
az94:
u pple must eat d bush meat oo
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by power900: 8:51pm On Nov 16, 2016
2dice01:
lalasticlala food don done
no make lala vex oo, abi na snake wey you say food?
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by armadeo(m): 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
Screaming: "you guys are such divas"

Hit track back then.

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by supaslim(m): 9:06pm On Nov 16, 2016
Good Evning y'all. I am SUPASLIM, a NIGERIAN artiste.... Please do well to LIKE my PAGE: www.facebook.com/supaslim
Twitter: @supaslimmusic
IG: @itzsupaslim
Gat a new song I released recently titled: #peppersoup please do well to google: ((supaslim peppersoup)) on all Devices to download and enjoy + share.
Thanks so much, without y'all we can't be here...
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by umbo: 11:10pm On Nov 16, 2016
ja
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by Barigaboy(m): 11:43pm On Nov 16, 2016
1. Smoking and drinking too much. A guy perform in which d crowed hails us was later found discussing with fans that Don Jazzy is better than D banj. Artiste don't say trash abt artiste but he was drunk.
2. Be careful of women they can lift u n they can also spoil carrier. When a guy was planing to organise a show that would make me tour Africa his girlfriend started chasing me which I was avoiding but that lead to d end of d guys plan.
3. Not having a job, if u don't have a job how will u get money to pay studio fee. D producer can produce free cos he used money to buy d equipment.
4. Listen to good music. Imagine a rapper who only listen to Fugi how will he improve.
5. Education first or client n promoters takes u for granted.
Etc
Re: 8 Reasons Why Many Music Artistes Remain Upcoming by daveP(m): 1:22am On Nov 17, 2016
I detest the lyrical crap I see,

I rem sitting down this talented guy and wrote some sensible lyrics for him to think up something, I've heard his beat and flowed during writing. I was angry when he ended up at the studio with the decision to use half of what I wrote in his song(okay I can handle that) but the studio manager trashed it all out and he sang about bedding babes, popping bottles cos the manager told him it would 'jam'

smh.. and thousands are in similar shoes till date.

The fake lifestyle too, such a piss off.

Then we exist in the era of beat first then 'inspiration' comes next.

The view of a single as a project work by writing then tune searching, then instrumental alliance is alllll gone. Guys do beat randomly on their beds, sell it to any keni who now uses it for one jam also.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The World's Smallest Woman Jyoti Amge / Duncan Mighty Collaborates With D’banj In New Music / Photos: Top 10 Most Controversial Nigerian Entertainers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.