Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Women Beefing Against Other Women - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Women Beefing Against Other Women (1394 Views)

What Do Calabar Women Know That We Other Women Don't Know? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Beefing Against Other Women by emiemi(f): 2:39pm On Nov 03, 2009
Why do women beef up against other women so much? Not talking about NL but in life.
Women do not stand up for other women when they are being cheated, abused or
discriminated against. I try to think about this often and even judge myself on what my
position ought to be or not. Is this rightly observed?
Re: Women Beefing Against Other Women by SisiKill1: 3:21pm On Nov 03, 2009
Women are their own worst enemies.
Re: Women Beefing Against Other Women by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 03, 2009
Sisi_Kill:

Women are their own worst enemies.

It is a known fact. Gradually women have to accept that what the sexist society has imposed on them since unmemorable times is true. They are the first to remind you "things are don't that way and not this way" according to social norms.

They have socialized!
Re: Women Beefing Against Other Women by emiemi(f): 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2009
But why?
Re: Women Beefing Against Other Women by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2009
Ever heard of the Stockholm syndrome? We have come to love those who oppressed us and now despise what should be ours.
Re: Women Beefing Against Other Women by posakosa(m): 5:24pm On Nov 03, 2009
Men also beef against other men so kini big deal ? undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Women Beefing Against Other Women by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2009
Oh pleaseee! Women kill women because of men. Men would rather agree to Bleep the woman in question and go their separate ways. lipsrsealed
Re: Women Beefing Against Other Women by posakosa(m): 5:26pm On Nov 03, 2009
Men kill men too! wink
Re: Women Beefing Against Other Women by sistajay(f): 5:34pm On Nov 03, 2009
@ Poster

That's just the way it is!! Where is the sista love?  cry
Re: Women Beefing Against Other Women by ChinenyeN(m): 5:58pm On Nov 03, 2009
posakosa:

Men also beef against other men so kini big deal ?  undecided undecided undecided
michelin89:

Oh pleaseee! Women kill women because of men. Men would rather agree to Bleep the woman in question and go their separate ways. lipsrsealed
posakosa:

Men kill men too!  wink
Stupid gender wars. Before it was about who's got it better. Now it's a competition as to who's got it worse.

Anyway, emiemi, I notice more of what you're talking about (women beefing) on some of the occasions where I see women in groups. On an individual, woman-to-woman level though, the beefing is not as significant. At that level it tends to be more like [unshared] tension. I can though say that from what I've noticed (in regards to your comment about women not standing up for each other), they tend to empathize and suffer along with each other, rather than confront the cheater, abuser, discriminator, etc. But that's just what I've generally noticed.
Re: Women Beefing Against Other Women by tRoOE(f): 5:51am On Nov 04, 2009
@topic
Gud question undecided undecided
Re: Women Beefing Against Other Women by africhika(f): 6:29am On Nov 04, 2009
women against women- it's disgusting and i see it all the time.
it's way different from what guys do. women take it to a whole other level.
like black on black crime.

i think people just like to pick on "their own size"
women take out their frustrations on each other
Re: Women Beefing Against Other Women by dominique(f): 8:16am On Nov 04, 2009
where men have ego, women have envy. some women are not free minded. . . laugh with you, plan and scheme against you behind your back. those are the women that make men think we're all evil bit*hes. thats why most of my friends are males, i find their company more interesting and they dont hold on to silly grudges.

1 Like

Re: Women Beefing Against Other Women by emiemi(f): 11:24am On Nov 04, 2009
I will give you an example that i remember vividly. A colleague's husband cheated on her with another lady
in the office. Some of this same colleague's co-workers who were ladies knew about it so much that they
even used to go 'see' the girl with him on many occasions. These ladies being acquaintances with the man's wife did
not even try to hint her in any way. After yawa come gas and the wife found out, she accosted one of the
ladies. Instead of the lady to sympathize with her, she went to tell the other ladies that the wife said one
of them was dating the man. You can imagine One of the ladies even used to ask about 'the other wife'
from d guy.
On the other hand, a married guy will confide in his friend (who's also doing similar runs) that he is
dating a babe and they will protect each other's info with their last breath.

It gets worse when a lady is superior in position to her mates in the office. They (women) will say all manner of
things against her.

I just find it sickening and i get worked up trying to think about it sometimes.
Re: Women Beefing Against Other Women by throttler(f): 4:10pm On Nov 04, 2009
it is when it became 1man to 2women that women started beefing against each other * silly*
Re: Women Beefing Against Other Women by Rapmoney(m): 3:45pm On Dec 07, 2009
@posakosa
You be really big goat!!!
see d way u just dey open ur mouth dey talk
rubbish 4 here. who send u to represent men for here?
Re: Women Beefing Against Other Women by newakata(f): 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2009
@Poster: I see it a lot too, and it sucks.

I remember a group of co-workers just talking about other ladies like a dog because of their choice of clothing, their size, and hairstyles. We can really be a petty gender.

I think its because women are generally more self-conscious and insecure than men, so its a defense mechanism to stir up beef as a way of trying to vie for social position or status. We are a lot more covert and passive-aggressive when it comes to our pursuit of ALpha-ness.

I wish we did get along better and learn to compete with no one but ourselves.

Most men don't give a damn how another guy is dressed, cuts his hair, or whether he is slim or fat enough to be part of his crew, but women always set such "requirements" and we still have the nerve to firm cliques based on superficial traits even after adulhood.
Re: Women Beefing Against Other Women by Plarp: 5:22am On Jan 13, 2013
michelin89: Oh pleaseee! Women kill women because of men. Men would rather agree to Bleep the woman in question and go their separate ways. lipsrsealed
Are you o.k in the head? seriously... i wonder what planet you ppl are from with all the a$$ backwards stuff you guys believe on this website.

Who is more likely to kill over a partner, man or women?.... and you think its woman. dafuq is wrong with you That is the complete opposite of the truth. Lol have u ever heard of the Trojan war? like 50% of the time men fight its over a chick, thats evolution, its normal. Women are not supposed to compete with men, men compete with men, get that through your estrogen saturated brains, you are supposed to compete with each other.

And we are supposed to compete with other men, so stay in your gotdang lane.

It just drives me crazy how nairaland females are stuck in these rediculous bubbles so far away from reality. Get a grip and stop whining about everything
Re: Women Beefing Against Other Women by Plarp: 5:28am On Jan 13, 2013
Men compete with each other to be the Aplha male women compete with each other to attract the Aplha male..... thats life accept it.
Re: Women Beefing Against Other Women by totalbaby(f): 1:56am On Jan 14, 2013
Exactly! A lot of times it has to do with jealousy too.
dominique: where men have ego, women have envy. some women are not free minded. . . laugh with you, plan and scheme against you behind your back. those are the women that make men think we're all evil bit*hes. thats why most of my friends are males, i find their company more interesting and they dont hold on to silly grudges.

(1) (Reply)

[##kick] Funny Happy Kick Day 2017 Sms, Images, Wishes, Pics For Fb / Video: Oni Of Ife Affirms Igbos Are The ''superior Race Of Wealth Discovery'' / Nairaland Is Becoming Abhorable Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.