Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,286 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins (13416 Views)

Atheist Richard Dawkins: Getting Rid Of God Would Make World Less Moral / Crowd Laughs Hysterically As Richard Dawkins Flounder With Meaning Of Nothing / Christians, Why Do You Hate Richard Dawkins this much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by Deicide: 7:52pm On Nov 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You dey fear?
my job is done here and besides am not a fan of Richard dawkin tongue
Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by raphieMontella: 7:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Nahh he just removed the thorns and thistles from them and made them cleaner.
clean wetin?
Seems richard dawkins scares shvt outta you...
Right?
Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by Edenoscar(m): 7:55pm On Nov 16, 2016
You guys are more obsessed with dawkins than atheist are,when was the last time dawkins had a debate on the existence of God.
I wont be suprised if by tomorrow they create a thread on the logical fallacies by johnydon and plaetton
Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by raphieMontella: 7:56pm On Nov 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

He watched William Lane Craig spank Sam Harris like a naughty little puppy so the fear of God entered into him. He dare not debate William Craig. The guy is a coward.
william craig that his claims has been thrashed?
Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 16, 2016
Deicide:

my job is done here and besides am not a fan of Richard dawkin tongue

Who employed you that made your job done here? Oh so suddenly you are not a fan of Richard Dawkins? Chai see how you lot are quick to throw him under the bus. He it was that brought a lot of you to the limelight. Much of your arguments and defenses were formulated fallaciously by him and you all parade it like its an authority.

See as una dey disown the guy. So whose atheistic bus are you going to jump into next let me dissect that one too.
Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

clean wetin?
Seems richard dawkins scares shvt outta you...
Right?

You wish! Please focus on the OP and do not derail. I was bored so decided to use him for entertainment hence this thread.
Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:59pm On Nov 16, 2016
Seun:
You copied the whole thing. If not, I would have asked you to investigate Pastor Adeboye's logical fallacies too. Or the logical fallacies in the supposed word of God. Then compare them with Richard Dawkins. Or just about any atheist. There would be no contest.

Please point them out let's scrutinize them .

Atheists and this naughty habit of ridiculing theist's arguments without proving that those arguments are indeed absurd - its an appeal to stone fallacy and shows nothing but hebetude .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

william craig that his claims has been thrashed?

Who thrashed them? You guys can lie for atheism. William Craig spanked Harris like there was no tomorrow. In fact he spanked him like he gave birth to him. Please focus on the OP. All this your distractions are not needed.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2016
Edenoscar:
You guys are more obsessed with dawkins than atheist are,when was the last time dawkins had a debate on the existence of God.
I wont be suprised if by tomorrow they create a thread on the logical fallacies by johnydon and plaetton

Done that

https://www.nairaland.com/3381123/atheism-logical-fallacies-here-10#49814525

Here is seun's https://www.nairaland.com/3381123/atheism-logical-fallacies-here-10#49814533

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:25pm On Nov 16, 2016
CoolUsername:

How can God prelude time?

Time is part of our dimension , same with space and matter . God who is eternal "dwells" in a transcendent realm which is timeless . Time is irrelevant or more appropriately non existent to someone who has always existed or has no beginning . The beginning of this universe indicates the beginning of time thus God as an eternal being transcends time .

To God , time is a limitation , and contradicts His nature as an infinite and immutable being .

1 Like

Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:28pm On Nov 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Hahahahaha Ebuka Nwanne you saw into the future when you dropped that thread.

They don't know grin
Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by Edenoscar(m): 8:29pm On Nov 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Who thrashed them? You guys can lie for atheism. William Craig spanked Harris like there was no tomorrow. In fact he spanked him like he gave birth to him. Please focus on the OP. All this your distractions are not needed.
Who spanked who? Your lies can move mount everest to my backyard
Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by Edenoscar(m): 8:32pm On Nov 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Time is part of our dimension , same with space and matter . God who is eternal "dwells" in a transcendent realm which is timeless . Time is irrelevant or more appropriately non existent to someone who has always existed or has no beginning . The beginning of this universe indicates the beginning of time thus God as an eternal being transcends time .

To God , time is a limitation , and contradicts His nature as an infinite and immutable being .
This rubbish again. Smh
Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
Edenoscar:

Who spanked who? Your lies can move mount everest to my backyard

You need proof? I would have loved to give it to you but that would mean derailing this thread with my own hands so kindly focus on the thread
Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:39pm On Nov 16, 2016
Edenoscar:

This rubbish again. Smh

Don't let it fall off grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by Edenoscar(m): 9:03pm On Nov 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You need proof? I would have loved to give it to you but that would mean derailing this thread with my own hands so kindly focus on the thread

What thread? You mean this copy and paste that shows how obsessed you are with dawkins,am sure you're part of those that flood him with hate mails
Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by Edenoscar(m): 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Don't let it fall off grin

Still rubbish bro, still rubbish
Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by jonbellion(m): 9:11pm On Nov 16, 2016
Edenoscar:

This rubbish again. Smh
I tire l. In the end it all boils down to special pleading
And why are thiests so obsessed with Richard Dawkins anyway undecided
Do you forget kirk Cameron's ultimate strawman and personal incredulity combined?? Two fallacies in one
The New athiest debates has died down recently so I don't know what this is all about
Aaaanway behold!!
Kirk camerons crocuduck
And btw Richard Dawkins is not the athiest high priest

Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 16, 2016
Edenoscar:

What thread? You mean this copy and paste that shows how obsessed you are with dawkins,am sure you're part of those that flood him with hate mails

I guess my first response missed you by inches. I have no time for Dawkins neither have i opened any thread to his name. This is my way of entertaining myself with all his crass fallacies. I am sure it entertained you too otherwise you wouldnt be trying to shoot it down. wink wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:18pm On Nov 16, 2016
Edenoscar:

Appeal to stone fallacy bro , appeal to stone fallacy
Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 16, 2016
Edenoscar:

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by CoolUsername: 10:00pm On Nov 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Doesn't that mean that complexity doesn't need a creator?
Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:06pm On Nov 16, 2016
CoolUsername:

Doesn't that mean that complexity doesn't need a creator?

If something has a cause and a beginning then it must have a creator . God -an appellation of the creator- is the reason for the existence of everything .

Anytime an atheist ask this question he has snowflakes in mind as if snowflakes are not part of nature undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

If something has a cause and a beginning then it must have a creator . God -an appellation of the creator- is the reason for the existence of everything .

Anytime an atheist ask this question he has snowflakes in mind as if snowflakes are not part of nature undecided

grin grin Mbok you got that right!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:11pm On Nov 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

grin grin Mbok you got that right!

no mind am grin grin
Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by modusOperandi2: 10:12pm On Nov 16, 2016
Seun:
You copied the whole thing. If not, I would have asked you to investigate Pastor Adeboye's logical fallacies too. Or the logical fallacies in the supposed word of God. Then compare them with Richard Dawkins. Or just about any atheist. There would be no contest.
Interesting seeing the champion of nairaland atheists on the back foot.

Nietzsche, you are better than this.
Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by jonbellion(m): 10:14pm On Nov 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

no mind am grin grin
this is just special pleading
Not to mention if it wasn't it would be an infinite regress
In the end nobody wins really
Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:18pm On Nov 16, 2016
jonbellion:
this is just special pleading
Not to mention if it wasn't it would be an infinite regress
In the end nobody wins really

God is eternal - this precludes infinite regress . I understand that God is eternal and incorporeal . Please show me how I committed special pleading undecided
Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by jonbellion(m): 10:59pm On Nov 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

God is eternal - this precludes infinite regress . I understand that God is eternal and incorporeal . Please show me how I committed special pleading undecided
everything requires a cause expect God. Cuz he's eternal. Well that's fine and dandy but why must it be God .. The universe has a beginning true but what if nature existed eternally in one form or another. This is basically special pleading for nature too. Not to mention you're basically arguing for the God you have in mind which is off point a non sequitor if I may add
Why must it be Yahweh? Why can't it be the diestic version of God
Why not Allah?
Or Zeus or Ra or a cosmic force
That Yahweh dude doesn't even know jack about his supposed creation
Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:16pm On Nov 16, 2016
jonbellion:
everything requires a cause expect God. Cuz he's eternal. Well that's fine and dandy but why must it be God .. The universe has a beginning true but what if nature existed eternally in one form or another. This is basically special pleading for nature too. Not to mention you're basically arguing for the God you have in mind which is off point a non sequitor if I may add
Why must it be Yahweh? Why can't it be the diestic version of God
Why not Allah?
Or Zeus or Ra or a cosmic force
That Yahweh dude doesn't even know jack about his supposed creation

It becomes special pleading if it has been proven that everything that exists in whatever reality or realm requires a cause and I gave God as an exception because of my belief in Him . And my statement was "if something has a cause and a beginning it must have a creator" . God has no cause or a beginning so there was no special pleading anywhere .

The universe cannot be eternal - every observational data points to it having a beginning and a cause .

Gods in various religions are simply variants of The Supreme Being each creating different concepts of the Nature of This Being . So its One God , myriads of concepts in different religions. So which religion or theological/philosophical proposition portrays the true Nature of the Supreme Being - that's an entirely different argument .

The Deistic God ? You mean an Impersonal God ? An Impersonal God is another variant of the Supreme Being whereby an attribute of It called immanence is rejected by people who subscribe to it .

Plus it has to be a Supreme Being because It is a separate conscious entity . A separate conscious entity , the Supreme Being , can possess the mind , intelligence , power , knowledge which are required to create and design with a purpose .
Re: The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 17, 2016
The dawkins delusion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Qualification For Heaven / Actress Eucheria Disgrace Pastor Ituah Ighadalo / Difference Between Sex And Romance And Is Romance A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.