Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,370 members, 7,954,500 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:34 PM

What Employment Opportunities Does Anatomy As A Course Have To Offer - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Employment Opportunities Does Anatomy As A Course Have To Offer (7547 Views)

5 Easy Ways To Position Yourself For The Right Opportunities / What Other Opportunities Does Having A Masters Degree Attract? / 4 Important Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Course To Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Employment Opportunities Does Anatomy As A Course Have To Offer by peacesamuel94(m): 8:49pm On Nov 16, 2016
A week ago, the admission list was released
by my choiced institution(uniben), and i discovered, i had been admitted to study anatomy. I'm actually interested in studying the course, but i would like to know the career prospects of an anatomist in a Nigerian setting, and the employment opportunities The course has to Offer, in other to Avoid regrets, After spending four years In The University.

Matured and educated Responses will be highly appreciated.
Re: What Employment Opportunities Does Anatomy As A Course Have To Offer by peacesamuel94(m): 9:05pm On Nov 17, 2016
I need your answers please.
Re: What Employment Opportunities Does Anatomy As A Course Have To Offer by Farrang: 10:30pm On Nov 17, 2016
Congrats on your admission Peacesamuel. I am glad you were admitted for a course you actually like. Your interest in studying Anatomy is actually the key to your future success and what informed my decision to contribute to your post. The classical career path for an Anatomist in Nigeria is to become a Professor in institutions of higher learning. This normally requires having advance research degrees in addition to your first degree in Anatomy as well as dissemination of original scientific research as publications in reputable journals amongst other requirements. There are many other career options outside academics which may require a degree in Anatomy such as working with organizations like WHO, UNICEF and some NGOs that are in need of the skills you must have acquired as an Anatomist. Medical journalism, law enforcement and laboratory services are some other areas you could tap into. Research and development(R&D), as applicable to government-owned research institutes is another lucrative area. Hopefully private companies will also come in to R&D with time. Other areas include pharmaceutical companies, mostly as sales rep and setting up your own business to provide services in tissue prosection, embalmment and funeral management, karyotyping, molecular biology, assisted reproduction, organ/tissue transplant, specialize trainings and facilities for biomedical institutes e.t.c You may also choose to work in areas not related to Anatomy such as banking and finance, oil and gas, agriculture e.t.c. Hope this helps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Employment Opportunities Does Anatomy As A Course Have To Offer by peacesamuel94(m): 8:10am On Nov 18, 2016
Farrang:
Congrats on your admission Peacesamuel. I am glad you were admitted for a course you actually like. Your interest in studying Anatomy is actually the key to your future success and what informed my decision to contribute to your post. The classical career path for an Anatomist in Nigeria is to become a Professor in institutions of higher learning. This normally requires having advance research degrees in addition to your first degree in Anatomy as well as dissemination of original scientific research as publications in reputable journals amongst other requirements. There are many other career options outside academics which may require a degree in Anatomy such as working with organizations like WHO, UNICEF and some NGOs that are in need of the skills you must have acquired as an Anatomist. Medical journalism, law enforcement and laboratory services are some other areas you could tap into. Research and development(R&grin), as applicable to government-owned research institutes is another lucrative area. Hopefully private companies will also come in to R&grin with time. Other areas include pharmaceutical companies, mostly as sales rep and setting up your own business to provide services in tissue prosection, embalmment and funeral management, karyotyping, molecular biology, assisted reproduction, organ/tissue transplant, specialize trainings and facilities for biomedical institutes e.t.c You may also choose to work in areas not related to Anatomy such as banking and finance, oil and gas, agriculture e.t.c. Hope this helps.

This was indeed very helpful, if I may ask sir, Is this your field of study?
Re: What Employment Opportunities Does Anatomy As A Course Have To Offer by Farrang: 8:54am On Nov 18, 2016
peacesamuel94:

This was indeed very helpful, if I may ask sir, Is this your field of study?
Yes
Re: What Employment Opportunities Does Anatomy As A Course Have To Offer by peacesamuel94(m): 9:23am On Nov 18, 2016
Farrang:
Yes
That's nice, You talked about working in areas not related to Anatomy how possible is that?
Re: What Employment Opportunities Does Anatomy As A Course Have To Offer by Johnsoniz(m): 10:39am On Nov 18, 2016
peacesamuel94:

That's nice,
You talked about working in areas not related to Anatomy how possible is that?
gud analysis bro lov dis
Re: What Employment Opportunities Does Anatomy As A Course Have To Offer by peacesamuel94(m): 11:12am On Nov 18, 2016
Johnsoniz:

gud analysis bro lov dis

The credit goes to BROS farrang not me oh
Re: What Employment Opportunities Does Anatomy As A Course Have To Offer by Farrang: 11:26am On Nov 18, 2016
peacesamuel94:

That's nice,
You talked about working in areas not related to Anatomy how possible is that?
Well, many job adverts require a good first degree in any discipline hence, you can apply with a degree in Anatomy like anyone else.
Re: What Employment Opportunities Does Anatomy As A Course Have To Offer by peacesamuel94(m): 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2016
Farrang:

Well, many job adverts require a good first degree in any discipline hence, you can apply with a degree in Anatomy like anyone else.

Alright, thanks alot sir.
Re: What Employment Opportunities Does Anatomy As A Course Have To Offer by Farrang: 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2016
peacesamuel94:

Alright, thanks alot sir.
Welcome
Re: What Employment Opportunities Does Anatomy As A Course Have To Offer by peacesamuel94(m): 6:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
Re: What Employment Opportunities Does Anatomy As A Course Have To Offer by davide470(m): 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2016
What Farrang just said is you can work anywhere you wanna work, you won't get a more detailed response than his.

Btw, the Anatomy department in UniBen is creepy, so i wish you the best. Lol
Re: What Employment Opportunities Does Anatomy As A Course Have To Offer by peacesamuel94(m): 8:26pm On Nov 19, 2016
davide470:
What Farrang just said is you can work anywhere you wanna work, you won't get a more detailed response than his.

Btw, the Anatomy department in UniBen is creepy, so i wish you the best. Lol

Thanks bro, I suggest you are also in the field.
Re: What Employment Opportunities Does Anatomy As A Course Have To Offer by davide470(m): 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2016
peacesamuel94:

Thanks bro, I suggest you are also in the field.
No Bruv, i am not.
Re: What Employment Opportunities Does Anatomy As A Course Have To Offer by peacesamuel94(m): 10:43pm On Nov 20, 2016
davide470:
No Bruv, i am not.
OK, my mistake.
Re: What Employment Opportunities Does Anatomy As A Course Have To Offer by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 10, 2016
Lecturing should be number 1.

1 Like

Re: What Employment Opportunities Does Anatomy As A Course Have To Offer by peacesamuel94(m): 10:38am On Jan 10, 2017
what can be defined as the peak of someone's career as an anatomist.

(1) (Reply)

Careers In The Oil And Gas Industry Every Fresh Graduate Needs To Know: / What Are The Five Reasons That Will Make You Leave/quit Your Job? / Can I Do My Msc In Accounting Or Finance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.