Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,396 members, 7,958,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:39 AM

Stream II NYSC Corp Members To Commence Orientation In Jan 2017 - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Stream II NYSC Corp Members To Commence Orientation In Jan 2017 (22167 Views)

Cross River Batch B Stream II NYSC Corps Members / NYSC 2017 Batch 'B' Stream II Orientation Course Date Announced / Official NYSC 2017 Batch B Stream II Mobilization Time Table Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stream II NYSC Corp Members To Commence Orientation In Jan 2017 by airminem(f): 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
MeoClark:
My bro is one of them. He is ready to Go. I hope he doesn't get posted to those Boko Haram infested area.
No Dey Fear Already. Best Of Luck To Him. God Dey
Re: Stream II NYSC Corp Members To Commence Orientation In Jan 2017 by franugo(m): 1:57pm On Nov 17, 2016
Bari22:
I don't understand this, are they still going to reduce the number of corpers?

for now i don't think so. They'd only do dt if enough finance isn't made available for stream II. ...well dt is one of many other options they can take if d situation deteriorates to dt extent
Re: Stream II NYSC Corp Members To Commence Orientation In Jan 2017 by cutesimplycalm(f): 2:01pm On Nov 17, 2016
whichever stream i get to go with i seriously believe its for the best, tired of waiting though bt i hope for d best anyway team B16
Re: Stream II NYSC Corp Members To Commence Orientation In Jan 2017 by 1stdammy: 3:04pm On Nov 17, 2016
Bari22:
I don't understand this, are they still going to reduce the number of corpers?
U spk my mind sha.....
Re: Stream II NYSC Corp Members To Commence Orientation In Jan 2017 by FavoredGuy: 3:10pm On Nov 17, 2016
When then will batch A17 begin their own orientation? I guess that should be around June, looking at the situattion. Anyway, God's time is the best. Thank God you are now eligible for NYSC programme- alive, graduate, below 30yrs and so much more... #NoHurryInLife.
Re: Stream II NYSC Corp Members To Commence Orientation In Jan 2017 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 17, 2016
Last year NYSC batch b stream 2 went to camp by November 26th and this year its now January.. Maybe next year will be April sad sad
Re: Stream II NYSC Corp Members To Commence Orientation In Jan 2017 by shizzy7(f): 4:22pm On Nov 17, 2016
Rumours everywhere.

Less than 1 week to orientation...
Anything that's not on NYSC website is a rumour
Re: Stream II NYSC Corp Members To Commence Orientation In Jan 2017 by intergral(m): 4:24pm On Nov 17, 2016
nghubs1:
The National Youth Service Corp on Thursday said that stream 2 of NYSC
bro please i want to know if it is possible for my school that finished compiling my final year result last week to make the stream 2?
Re: Stream II NYSC Corp Members To Commence Orientation In Jan 2017 by killsmith(f): 4:31pm On Nov 17, 2016
When will the youths take it to the streets and protest that they want nysc scrapped?

1 Like

Re: Stream II NYSC Corp Members To Commence Orientation In Jan 2017 by megabyte2(f): 5:31pm On Nov 17, 2016
Icecomrade:
NYSC is a waste of a whole 1 valuable yr.

People loss opportunities available immediately after graduation to this crap.

Was the idea not for post war national integration that graduated into National job requirement criteria.

Someone should help me tell the government to be reasonable enough to scrap this scheme.

We have integrated so much that some sections of this country now demands disintegration.

If the government wants to help graduates, make them open account upon graduation and credit them the total 1yr allowance (240, 000) to start something with

Abeg
Seconded
Re: Stream II NYSC Corp Members To Commence Orientation In Jan 2017 by Dee60: 6:02pm On Nov 17, 2016
Icecomrade:

Was the idea not for post war national integration that graduated into National job requirement criteria.

Someone should help me tell the government to be reasonable enough to scrap this scheme.

We have integrated so much that some sections of this country now demands disintegration.

If the government wants to help graduates, make them open account upon graduation and credit them the total 1yr allowance (240, 000) to start something with

Abeg

Agree. FG should give allgraduates N200k to start a business. If 10% of them succeed the country will be better for it and there will be jobs and jobs.
Re: Stream II NYSC Corp Members To Commence Orientation In Jan 2017 by DOMINIC101(m): 6:17pm On Nov 17, 2016
Oluwa I thank u for touching the DG's heart....Stream 2 all the way

1 Like

Re: Stream II NYSC Corp Members To Commence Orientation In Jan 2017 by MeoClark(m): 7:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
airminem:

thanks hun... Atleast someone cares... grin
airminem:

thanks hun... Atleast someone cares...

1 Like

Re: Stream II NYSC Corp Members To Commence Orientation In Jan 2017 by andreawills96(f): 7:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
Whether stream or river, am already in camp
Re: Stream II NYSC Corp Members To Commence Orientation In Jan 2017 by Badirukehinde(m): 11:42pm On Nov 17, 2016
Icecomrade:

Abeg

This is like the best opinion I've read this month. If only the policy makers can view this thread.
Re: Stream II NYSC Corp Members To Commence Orientation In Jan 2017 by bamasite(m): 2:52am On Nov 18, 2016
Icecomrade:

Abeg

[size=15][b]Wrong. You miss the point. The truth is that the host communities will suffer more. When I served, I was posted as a teacher in a famous government school. Honestly, most of the community teachers don't take the job seriously. They are only after the salary. I remember during a verification exercise seeing people from no where as if they just resurrected.

Youth corp members(the serious ones)make an impact on the children. They make the children aspire to greatness as they see the Corp members as role models. Personally, I did free tutorial classes, I gave motivational speeches every Wednesday at the devotion ground and three of my students were awarded a state scholarship. It gives me joy when thy call me from time to time.

Youth corp members must also decide not to be used as an instrument of destruction. Definitely, as a person of superior knowledge and lifestyle, the children might have a crush on you. It behooves you to make them understand that you are their teacher and they are your students. You are not to take advantage of their naivety. If you must 'play games', play it with your fellow corp members and leave the kids alone. That way, you command more respect and you can confidently instruct the children more in morality.

I just realized I need to create an entire topic on this. When I have time, I will![/b][/size]

2 Likes

Re: Stream II NYSC Corp Members To Commence Orientation In Jan 2017 by Icecomrade: 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2016
bamasite:

[size=15][b]Wrong. You miss the point. The truth is that the host communities will suffer more. When I served, I was posted as a teacher in a famous government school. Honestly, most of the community teachers don't take the job seriously. They are only after the salary. I remember during a verification exercise seeing people from no where as if they just resurrected.

Youth corp members(the serious ones)make an impact on the children. They make the children aspire to greatness as they see the Corp members as role models. Personally, I did free tutorial classes, I gave motivational speeches every Wednesday at the devotion ground and three of my students were awarded a state scholarship. It gives me joy when thy call me from time to time.

Youth corp members must also decide not to be used as an instrument of destruction. Definitely, as a person of superior knowledge and lifestyle, the children might have a crush on you. It behooves you to make them understand that you are their teacher and they are your students. You are not to take advantage of their naivety. If you must 'play games', play it with your fellow corp members and leave the kids alone. That way, you command more respect and you can confidently instruct the children more in morality.

I just realized I need to create an entire topic on this. When I have time, I will![/b][/size]

[b]
The major problem we have in Nigeria is running away from problems and adopting a cosmetic approach to it

Lets x ray the example you highlighted

"HOST COMMUNITIES WILL SUFFER"

Why?

Because the government employed teachers who do not take their job seriously but turn up to collect salaries? - Note here, the issue is not that the government did not employ teachers but lack of commitment. You honestly think the solution to solve a problem like this by engaging Youth Corpers on temporary capacity? That's never a solution. We have education regulatory bodies living on my tax, we have teachers paid from my tax contribution. Why not start a campaign to compel these people to their responsibilities. To take they work they are paid for more seriously. How reasonable is it to tie down the life of a graduant for a whole year because of some lazy goats who has chosen to earn money they did not work for.

Whats the process of even recruiting those lazy teachers? Have you thought about it?

"Youth corp members(the serious ones)make an impact on the children."

The quote from you above makes my position more relevant because, whatever desired impact you think is achieved on this scheme is subjective. Where the Youth corper is an unserious type, the host community will remain as useless as the corper made it.

My position remains that this scheme should be scraped or made voluntary.

I have not seen convincing reasons why I should support it.

Does it even matter if I support it or not ( Lolz)
[/b]
Re: Stream II NYSC Corp Members To Commence Orientation In Jan 2017 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2016
There's need to reform the NYSC scheme to be more productive. The govt should establish NYSC Mega Farms in all the 36 states of the federation including the FCT, where PCM will be posted and camped for six months, where they'll learn all manner of farming and animal husbandry. After the six months, give them the cumulative total of the remaining six months allowances due to them to use and start and practice whatever they've learned on the mega farms. With this, Nigeria can shore up it foreign exchange earnings from exports of the produce. Also, it will gradually reduce the general high unemployment and rush for white collar jobs.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

NYSC To Include Date Of Birth On Discharge Certificate To Curb Age Falsification / A Female NYSC Member Fights Back After Being Assaulted By Her Employer / NYSC Requirements: WAEC/GCE?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.