Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,446 members, 7,958,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:36 PM

How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC (13398 Views)

What Happens If You Fuel A Car Without First Turning Off The Engine / Meet The Man Who Tried To Sell His Testicle For $35K To Buy His Dream Sports Car / Toyota 1996 Still Runs For 3 Sec After Turning Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by CoolKizzy(m): 7:58am On Nov 18, 2016
please who knows an experienced and reputable Honda mechanic in the south east?
Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by Mockinbird: 8:13am On Nov 18, 2016
Zaikon:
its not applicable to all of em.
some ar stil trustworthy .
Thats correct!

1 Like

Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by EHI9ICE(m): 8:14am On Nov 18, 2016
comradespade:

am not understanding anything oooo, maybe because am still using leg wagon

me too! Which model is urs?

Back to the topic...Majority of Nigerian artisans are terrible at fixing things-careless at best!.Most times when you take ur car to a mechanic and you watch the way they yank this part off & pull that part out of its place,you totally fall outta love with that car!

1 Like

Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by nmreports: 8:18am On Nov 18, 2016
Gazzuzz I don't have a car yet, my aunty stays around that Haruna too but I know soon you will be my car director of operations.
Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by Kobicove(m): 8:21am On Nov 18, 2016
Na today?!

Nigerians are very dishonest people, from the lowest person to the highest person...

...and this inspite of the fact that we pretend to be very religions! angry
Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by habsydiamond(m): 8:22am On Nov 18, 2016
Some of this mechanics are daily bread mechanics oo. Some will even pour oil inside the radiator and pour water inside the engine. With present economic recession in naija a lot of fake mechanics are advancing from their homes to the streets. Road users Beware.
Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by dudebuck: 8:24am On Nov 18, 2016
OP sorry for the ugly experience, any ways the it is an easy fix when you have the right tools, I believe that at least one wheel speed sensor is not responding. It may be the sensor or wiring.
Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:28am On Nov 18, 2016
nmreports:
Gazzuzz I don't have a car yet, my aunty stays around that Haruna too but I know soon you will be my car director of operations.

Depends on the car.

None of the following.

Peugeot
Opel
Mercerdes
Mazda
Nissan
BMW
Volvo
Chevrolet
Renault
Tata
Mitsubishi
Ford
For any of these I can can only go as far as a scan, and diagnosis. Will not repair.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by Collins0609(m): 8:35am On Nov 18, 2016
Do the needful,and collect ur money back
Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by nmreports: 8:47am On Nov 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Depends on the car.

None of the following.

Peugeot
Opel
Mercerdes
Mazda
Nissan
Volvo
Chevrolet
Renault
Tata
Mitsubishi
Ford
For any of these I can can only go as far as a scan, and diagnosis. Will not repair.

Thanks for the feedback.
Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by condomuser: 8:59am On Nov 18, 2016
These mechanics are rogues. My mechanic was playing nice guy and I trusted him with my car, I gave gifts to his family and assisted him when he needed help.

My car needed a dashboard conversion and I left other qualified mechanics and gave it to my mechanic. He asked for 180K deposit and I paid him. He collected the money and reluctantly refused to come and pick the car. Two months later he came and collected the car, he was telling me stories of how car parts scarce and dollar rate. Meanwhile I gave him the job when dollar rate was N305/$ and he waited for dollar rate to climb to N450/$. Also, he bought some car parts with my money which he left for several months until they damaged in his storage.

To cut the long story short, I wanted to cut off his balls but people begged to pardon him. He was persuaded to do the job which cost me 170K extra from initial agreement. Spent nearly N400K in total still not satisfied.

I am pissed and have given up hope on humanity especially Nigerians.
Why are people so cruel, why are Nigerians evil. I will never trust any Nigerian again in my entire life and I will keep warning others.

Greene66:
Good day nlers.

So my vehicle has been displaying this VSC and TRAC OFF warning lights for a while. I know the Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) isn't working properly which is why the light is on and the TRAC is off which is why the light is also on.

Suddenly my ABS had a problem and the ABS light went on. The vehicle couldn't move into transmission. So I used the emergency way to move it to my mechanic.

The mechanic fixed the ABS and the light went off. But he couldn't fix the VSC.. do you know what this man did? He used something to block/off the VSC and TRAC light and told me my vehicle is now perfect.

My vehicle is perfect and "Check Engine" light is still on and my TRAC is OFF so the light should ON not off undecided
So I suspected foul play and waited till night and looked at the dashboard closely and noticed this crazy man smuggled a small piece of paper into my dashboard to block off the lights from showing. And collected my 50k for ABS and VSC cry

I unscrewed the dashboard and removed the paper myself and both VSC and TRAC lights started showing again. Can you imagine that?

That is why Nigeria is where it is...

Please take your vehicles to authorized dealers and engineers only. Not those oluwole and Owolabi mechanics.

1 Like

Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 18, 2016
EHI9ICE:

me too! Which model is urs?

Back to the topic...Majority of Nigerian artisans are terrible at mixing things-careless at best!.Most times when you take ur car to a mechanic and you watch the way they yank this part off & pull that part out of its place,you totally fall outta love with that car!

bros no try my model o, the thing dey waka wella

2 Likes

Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by valarinz: 10:21am On Nov 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Depends on the car.

None of the following.

Peugeot
Opel
Mercerdes
Mazda
Nissan
Volvo
Chevrolet
Renault
Tata
Mitsubishi
Ford

So, can i bring my IVM vehicle?

1 Like

Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:34am On Nov 18, 2016
valarinz:

So, can i bring my IVM vehicle?

as a true nigerian I fix IVM anyday.

2 Likes

Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by Escobapablo(m): 11:38am On Nov 18, 2016
So sorry abt that problem. I hv fixed that problem on my 4runner some years back. It's tricky by very possible. To spare u d details, Google it, u can even find YouTube videos of how it is fixed. Bt if u can spare another such cash, it's still OK. Sorry, car trouble.
Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by EHI9ICE(m): 2:15pm On Nov 18, 2016
comradespade:

bros no try my model o, the thing dey waka wella

cheesy
Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by Olucheye(m): 7:31pm On Nov 18, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

GAZZUZZ:

Depends on the car.

None of the following.

Peugeot
Opel
Mercerdes
Mazda
Nissan
BMW
Volvo
Chevrolet
Renault
Tata
Mitsubishi
Ford
Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by macsilver(m): 11:38pm On Nov 18, 2016
Hey! How would you start a story you wouldn't finish? You better come back and finish the story before me sef con use black sellotape cover all the dashboard
Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 19, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Depends on the car.

None of the following.

Peugeot
Opel
Mercerdes
Mazda
Nissan
BMW
Volvo
Chevrolet
Renault
Tata
Mitsubishi
Ford
Oga GAZZUZZ bet why? Any concrete reasons at all why you don't fix these vehicles anymore and doesn't it also mean you are limiting yourself to only very few brands of vehicles?
Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by valarinz: 7:46am On Nov 20, 2016
dumo1:

Oga GAZZUZZ bet why? Any concrete reasons at all why you don't fix these vehicles anymore and doesn't it also mean you are limiting yourself to only very few brands of vehicles?

Why are we Nigerians like this? Someone said he doesn't fix a brand of vehicle and it's an issue, so you'll prefer he takes your car on and at the end of the day, you'll have to come and open a thread on nairaland to rant abi

Why the god-like worship, there a thousand good mechanics in lagos alone, must it be one person who must fix your car?

Na wa

1 Like

Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:31am On Nov 20, 2016
dumo1:

it's a business decision, iv been there done that, nothing to prove to any one. Drive on the streets of lagos, the popular brands are toyota, honda, kia, hyundai. That's my target audience.

1 Like

Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:32am On Nov 20, 2016
valarinz:

Why are we Nigerians like this? Someone said he doesn't fix a brand of vehicle and it's an issue, so you'll prefer he takes your car on and at the end of the day, you'll have to come and open a thread on nairaland to rant abi

Why the god-like worship , there a thousand good mechanics in lagos alone, must it be one person who must fix your car?

Na wa

angry angry
Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by valarinz: 8:42am On Nov 20, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

angry angry

Sorry Sir
Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 20, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

it's a business decision, iv been there don that, nothing to prove to any one. Drive on the streets of lagos, the popular brands are toyota, honda, kia, hyundai. That's my target audience.
Thank you kind sir for your humble reply.
Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by banffy: 7:52am On Feb 21, 2017
Hi Green66, i went exactly through the same thing, it took another rewire to notice that the ABS and brake light were covered with a black tape. please i still have this challenge in my Lexus RX330. how were you able to fix the problem eventually?

Advise from anyone would be appreciated my nos is 08068019066

Thanks
Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by Evasmil4(m): 4:38am On Jan 04, 2018
grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC by gbadebosalewa: 10:01am On Jan 04, 2018
Greene66:
Good day nlers.

So my vehicle has been displaying this VSC and TRAC OFF warning lights for a while. I know the Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) isn't working properly which is why the light is on and the TRAC is off which is why the light is also on.

Suddenly my ABS had a problem and the ABS light went on. The vehicle couldn't move into transmission. So I used the emergency way to move it to my mechanic.

The mechanic fixed the ABS and the light went off. But he couldn't fix the VSC.. do you know what this man did? He used something to block/off the VSC and TRAC light and told me my vehicle is now perfect.

My vehicle is perfect and "Check Engine" light is still on and my TRAC is OFF so the light should ON not off undecided
So I suspected foul play and waited till night and looked at the dashboard closely and noticed this crazy man smuggled a small piece of paper into my dashboard to block off the lights from showing. And collected my 50k for ABS and VSC cry

I unscrewed the dashboard and removed the paper myself and both VSC and TRAC lights started showing again. Can you imagine that?

That is why Nigeria is where it is...

Please take your vehicles to authorized dealers and engineers only. Not those oluwole and Owolabi mechanics.

Kindly visit mecofinder.com or download the mecofinder app to search for competent Rewire near you.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mecofinder.app

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ferrari Unveils Photos Of 488 Pista Ahead Of 2018 Geneva Motor Show / Cost Of O2 Sensor / After Using Total 20w50 For 6 Years, Is There Any Effect If I Want To Change To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.