Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries (18910 Views)

American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff / Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria / Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by zakim(m): 11:46pm On Nov 17, 2016
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) Yola has announced salary increase for more than 1000 employees to ameliorate the effect of the current economic recession.

The development was contained in a press release issued by the Public Relations and Communications office of the university.

The statement noted that although the university itself had been adversely affected by rising cost of commodities,the welfare of its workforce remained a top priority being a development university hence the decision for the upward salary review.

"President Margee Ensign of the American University of Nigeria today announced graduated salary increments for all the national employees of the University below the senior management level, amounting to more than ₦91 million annually.

Consequently, starting in December 2016, all the various categories of national employees at the institution will receive up to a 26 percent increase to cushion the impact of the current recession. More than one thousand national employees will be affected", it stated..

Ensign, therefore, appreciated the support of the AUN founder, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, and the university's Board of Trustees in making the salary increment a reality.

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/recession-american-university-of-nigeria-increases-staff-salaries/172175.html#ACOHcTDWrwA4zzgy.99

1 Like

Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:47pm On Nov 17, 2016
God bless atiku, the Donald Trump of Africa..

Atiku for 2019

When we got entrepreneurs everywhere that can turn things around, they went ahead to vote for a cow administrator, that only managed 150 cows from 2003-2015, we in deep mess. .

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 17, 2016
when school fee is above 1.5/mills...over increase can happen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by Sinciddy: 7:06am On Nov 18, 2016
Justdulla:
when school fee is above 1.5/mills...over increase can happen
What are you driving at? Are you trying to advice FG to increase school fees

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by Ask4Info: 7:06am On Nov 18, 2016
ATIKU ABUBAKAR WILL DO EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING TO BE PRESIDENT. A MAN SO DECEITFUL AND CORRUPT HE WILL BETRAY HIS OWN MANHOOD TO RULE NIGERIA. NOT BECAUSE HE HAS GOOD INTENTIONS BUT BECAUSE HE IS A KLEPTO THAT CAN'T WAIT TO EMPTY THE NATIONAL TREASURY.

WHO DOESN'T KNOW ALL THESE IS SO THAT HIS EMPLOYEES WILL HAVE SOMETHING POSITIVE TO SAY TOWARDS HIS CAMPAIGN. WATCH HOW HE WILL DO A DOCUMENTARY ON THIS.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by d33types: 7:07am On Nov 18, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
God bless atiku, the Donald Trump of Africa..

Atiku for 2019

When we got entrepreneurs everywhere that can turn things around, they went ahead to vote for a cow administrator, that only managed 150 cows from 2003-2015, we in deep mess. .
Bros please stop these nonsense now,please.
Not all these men again.

He increased the salaries because he increases the tuition fees.but of course you didn't hear that one.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by kkoreday(m): 7:07am On Nov 18, 2016
when some are reducing, u guys are increasing. bravo guys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by sakalisis(m): 7:08am On Nov 18, 2016
Good
Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by trendymarseey(f): 7:09am On Nov 18, 2016
Nice consolation for d recession.
Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by victorazy(m): 7:09am On Nov 18, 2016
Showing us standard
Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by TOBIeee68(m): 7:10am On Nov 18, 2016
God bless atiku but stil na our money oo Yoruba adage does say owo abu lafin se abu lalejo oo.

3 Likes

Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by saintkash(m): 7:10am On Nov 18, 2016
political strategy. ..I smell 2019

2 Likes

Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by wildchild1: 7:10am On Nov 18, 2016
Wow, that's nice...FG should follow up

Check my signature
Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by buchilino(m): 7:12am On Nov 18, 2016
I WAS ABOUT 2 COMMEND D SCHOOL UNTIL I HEARD ATIKUS NAME. SO THEREFORE NO COMMENT.

17 Likes

Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by kuljustiz(f): 7:15am On Nov 18, 2016
Politics
Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by victorazy(m): 7:16am On Nov 18, 2016
d33types:

Bros please stop these nonsense now,please.
Not all these men again.

He increased the salaries because he increases the tuition fees.but of course you didn't hear that one.

Fuel was increased but filling station attendants' salaries was not grin what do we call that one?

Bros amke we no disgrace ourselves, oyibo ppl know what is life than we blacks and they have been teaching us to follow them.

6 Likes

Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by takenadoh: 7:17am On Nov 18, 2016
why is this news?
were we aware of their salaries before now?
Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by registration(m): 7:18am On Nov 18, 2016
Thats Nice.

Well In other News,
Check My signature.
Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by AreaFada2: 7:18am On Nov 18, 2016
wildchild1:
Wow, that's nice...FG should follow up

Check my signature

Apparently FG has no money. Even ex-presidents have not been paid. grin cheesy
Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by bonechamberlain(m): 7:18am On Nov 18, 2016
91 million annually for thousands of workers. Hmm very ridiculous undecided

2 Likes

Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by OKorowanta: 7:19am On Nov 18, 2016
If Atiku wins the 2019 elections,I'll destroy my Red card.

4 Likes

Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by hedonistic: 7:20am On Nov 18, 2016
Atiku is a successful businessman with the midas touch and a human face. He would definitely be good for Nigeria in 2019.

We have had enough of the incompetent, brain-dead, and terribly bigoted cattle-rearer-in-chief currently holding sway in Aso Rock. Since they want a Northerner by all means to rule Nigeria, then I can't think of a better Northerner at this point in time than Atiku.

I stand with Atiku '19.

6 Likes

Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by zeusdgrt(m): 7:23am On Nov 18, 2016
He too early abeg
Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by zeusdgrt(m): 7:24am On Nov 18, 2016
e too early abeg
Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by einscienstist(m): 7:24am On Nov 18, 2016
If ATIKU Attempt To Contest For 2019 I'll burn My RED-CARD

3 Likes

Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by lesaug: 7:24am On Nov 18, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by jesuspikinjp(m): 7:24am On Nov 18, 2016
that is over 7 million monthly salary for them, God knows how much they charge in that school.
Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by victorazy(m): 7:25am On Nov 18, 2016
buchilino:
I WAS ABOUT 2 COMMEND D SCHOOL UNTIL I HEARD ATIKUS NAME. SO THEREFORE NO COMMENT.

U no know say na Atiku sch b4? grin grin grin
The money he got from the foiled set-up OBJ did to him and the dude get sense, he built the school in his place not in Abuja like other f00ls. I love Atiku walahi grin.

1 Like

Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by seXytOhbAd(m): 7:26am On Nov 18, 2016
Funny how a man who's University is names "American" cannot visit the United States of America.... Very funny indeed.

8 Likes

Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by johnwick95: 7:26am On Nov 18, 2016
hehe.. the teachers must be very happy
Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by Alariwo2: 7:26am On Nov 18, 2016
hedonistic:
Atiku is a successful businessman with the midas touch and a human face. He would definitely be good for Nigeria in 2019.

We have had enough of the incompetent, brain-dead, and terribly bigoted cattle-rearer-in-chief currently holding sway in Aso Rock. Since they want a Northerner by all means to rule Nigeria, then I can't think of a better Northerner at this point in time than Atiku.

I stand with Atiku '19.

I'm sure you are igbo
already licking Northerner's ass for 2019
smh

2 Likes

Re: Recession: American University Of Nigeria Increases Staff Salaries by Festysnow: 7:26am On Nov 18, 2016
Politicians, always playing politics with everything.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Boss Uses Divide And Rule System: Should I Quit Or Ignore / The Benefits Of Working As A Freelancer / Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.