Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian (1862 Views)

Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? / What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? / Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by Fabulosdave01: 11:10pm On Feb 15, 2017
Before you say anything, I just want to remind you all that I am a Christian. I have been having doubts about my faith for some time now. I have done my research and I want to share it with you guys. Here are some of the reasons why I doubt God.
1) religion is determined by geography:have you ever asked yourself why you're a Christian? where you are born determines what religion you will be. If you're born in India you'll be a Hindu, if China Buddhist, if born in Iran you'll be a Muslim. Why would a "God" create us and tell us to serve him but allow so much confusion to how we worship him?
2) Noah's ark is physically impossible and it's plagiarism: we all know of the famous Noah ark story we were told when we were young. Have you ever thought about it yourself? How would 50000+ animals enter a ship smaller than the titanic? If Noah sacrificed one of every animal how did the animals reproduce? Also the Noah story is a rip off of the epic of Gilgamesh which dates way back before the Bible. I advise you all to check out the story.
3) what about the people who died before Christianity? There was once a time in history when people believed in Zeus and Poseidon. Those people are all dead. According to the Bible they are all hell bound. Why would a merciful God throw people to hell when he didn't even give them a chance? This doesn't make sense.
4) have you seen him? No one has seen God. People only believe what they see. Me preaching to someone about God is like selling a manual without the phone but assuring the customer the phone exists. I laugh when people say they have seen God. No one sees God and lives.
5) religion is doing more harm than good. Taking Nigeria for example, we can see how religion has taken away our rational thought and made us slaves. Less religious countries in Europe have gone far in technology while we are still fighting ourselves on religion.

Summary: religion is man made. And like anything man made it'll die.

Cc lalasticlala seun mynd44

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by thesicilian: 11:24pm On Feb 15, 2017
You're not a Christian. A Christian by definition not only believes God exists, but also that He sent his only begotten son to die for our sins. A Christian believes in God, and in Jesus Christ. If you doubt this, then what makes you a Christian?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by giftedheart1(m): 11:28pm On Feb 15, 2017
ur opinion. undecidedur opinion.
Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by Fabulosdave01: 11:34pm On Feb 15, 2017
thesicilian:
You're not a Christian. A Christian by definition not only believes God exists, but also that He sent his only begotten son to die for our sins. A Christian believes in God, and in Jesus Christ. If you doubt this, then what makes you a Christian?
i am only tryin to be open minded

3 Likes

Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by Fabulosdave01: 11:34pm On Feb 15, 2017
giftedheart1:
ur opinion. undecidedur opinion.

Can you counter my points with facts instead?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by greatnaija01: 11:38pm On Feb 15, 2017
its either you are confused christian who doesnt study the word of God but has read the bible.... orrrrr YOU ARE JUST DECEIVED BY SATAN because your time is short

LET ME ANSWER YOU STEP BY STEP...
1) religion is determined by geography: YOU ARE EMPHATICALLY CORRECT... that is why paul showed us how to bring the gospel to those who acknowledge God but do not know the way... Acts 17:23 study it and you will see how to solve it.

2) Noah's ark is physically impossible WELL THE ARCHEOLOGICAL FINDING CANT BE WRONG... it has been found as remains are located close to jordan.. and it was actually TRUE.... so next time check before concluding..pls use google well... and even if the remains of the ARK was not found... THEN IT WAS A MIRACLE... thats GOD FOR YOU. HE DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. but it is MADNESS to believe the world was just a big explosion and everything arranged itself... THAT IS A LIE.

3) what about the people who died before Christianity?... before christianity was the LAW by MOSES and if they SINNED OUTSIDE THE LAW AND OUTSIDE CHRISTIANITY... PLS SEE THEIR CASE IN ROMANS 12:1-3 they will be judged by their deeds n conscience... READ YOUR BIG BIBLE O ... chai...

4) have you seen him? THIS IS QUITE the dumbest of all your INTELLECTUAL HEMORRHAGE... lols.... HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR BRAIN?
HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR OWN HEART... HOW COME YOU ARE ALIVE? IF WE cut you open in an operating theatre to find your MINDSET will we see it looking like a MATHSET? boom!!!! once we cant find your mind we should conclude that you are not reasoning well because we cant find the chemical sponsoring your THINKING... Bros even me am finding it hard to believe you exist because i have not seen you.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... John 1:18, John 6:46, 1 John 4:12... YOU HAVE BIBLE YOU WOULD NEVER STUDY IT TO FIND ANSWERS,... my dear you are not a christian yet o... IF YOU DIDNT HAVE FAITH TO ACCEPT THAT JESUS WAS BORN OF A VIRGIN AND SOMEONE YOU DIDNT KNOW DIED FOR YOU then stop going to church.... you need to do your deep research and get answers from the WORD yourself. phew

5) religion is doing more harm than good. AND WITH THIS YOU ARE TOTALLY CORRECT... Religion is a blind man trying to find GOD... but CHRISTIANITY is GOD COMING TO LOOK FOR MAN AND FINDING MAN DYING FOR HIM TO heal and deliver him and TAKE HIM HOME. the bible talks about religion James 1:27 JESUS WAS NEVER RELIGIOUS.... check your bible he broke all religious rules... even till his death,

[b] BRO YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN[/B]

Fabulosdave01:
Before you say anything, I just want to remind you all that I am a Christian. I have been having doubts about my faith for some time now. I have done my research and I want to share it with you guys. Here are some of the reasons why I doubt God.
1) religion is determined by geography:have you ever asked yourself why you're a Christian? where you are born determines what religion you will be. If you're born in India you'll be a Hindu, if China Buddhist, if born in Iran you'll be a Muslim. Why would a "God" create us and tell us to serve him but allow so much confusion to how we worship him?
2) Noah's ark is physically impossible and it's plagiarism: we all know of the famous Noah ark story we were told when we were young. Have you ever thought about it yourself? How would 50000+ animals enter a ship smaller than the titanic? If Noah sacrificed one of every animal how did the animals reproduce? Also the Noah story is a rip off of the epic of Gilgamesh which dates way back before the Bible. I advise you all to check out the story.
3) what about the people who died before Christianity? There was once a time in history when people believed in Zeus and Poseidon. Those people are all dead. According to the Bible they are all hell bound. Why would a merciful God throw people to hell when he didn't even give them a chance? This doesn't make sense.
4) have you seen him? No one has seen God. People only believe what they see. Me preaching to someone about God is like selling a manual without the phone but assuring the customer the phone exists. I laugh when people say they have seen God. No one sees God and lives.
5) religion is doing more harm than good. Taking Nigeria for example, we can see how religion has taken away our rational thought and made us slaves. Less religious countries in Europe have gone far in technology while we are still fighting ourselves on religion.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by Ermacc: 11:38pm On Feb 15, 2017
You doubted the existence of God after asking yourself cheap questions like that?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by Fabulosdave01: 11:41pm On Feb 15, 2017
greatnaija01:
its either you are confused christian who doesnt study the word of God but has read the bible.... orrrrr YOU ARE JUST DECEIVED BY SATAN because your time is short

1) religion is determined by geography: YOU ARE EMPHATICALLY CORRECT... that is why paul showed us how to bring the gospel to those who acknowledge God but do not know the way... Acts 17:23 study it and you will see how to solve it.

2) Noah's ark is physically impossible WELL THE ARCHEOLOGICAL FINDING CANT BE WRONG... it has been found as remains are located close to jordan.. and it was actually TRUE.... so next time check before concluding..pls use google well... and even if the remains of the ARK was not found... THEN IT WAS A MIRACLE... thats GOD FOR YOU. HE DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. but it is MADNESS to believe the world was just a big explosion and everything arranged itself... THAT IS A LIE.

3) what about the people who died before Christianity?... before christianity was the LAW by MOSES and if they SINNED OUTSIDE THE LAW AND OUTSIDE CHRISTIANITY... PLS SEE THEIR CASE IN ROMANS 12:1-3 they will be judged by their deeds n conscience... READ YOUR BIG BIBLE O ... chai...

4) have you seen him? THIS IS QUITE the dumbest of all your INTELLECTUAL HEMORRHAGE... lols.... HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR BRAIN?
HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR OWN HEART... HOW COME YOU ARE ALIVE? IF WE cut you open in an operating theatre to find your MINDSET will we see it looking like a MATHSET? boom!!!! once we cant find your mind we should conclude that you are not reasoning well because we cant find the chemical sponsoring your THINKING... Bros even me am finding it hard to believe you exist because i have not seen you.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... John 1:18, John 6:46, 1 John 4:12... YOU HAVE BIBLE YOU WOULD NEVER STUDY IT TO FIND ANSWERS,... my dear you are not a christian yet o... IF YOU DIDNT HAVE FAITH TO ACCEPT THAT JESUS WAS BORN OF A VIRGIN AND SOMEONE YOU DIDNT KNOW DIED FOR YOU then stop going to church.... you need to do your deep research and get answers from the WORD yourself. phew

5) religion is doing more harm than good. AND WITH THIS YOU ARE TOTALLY CORRECT... Religion is a blind man trying to find GOD... but CHRISTIANITY is GOD COMING TO LOOK FOR MAN AND FINDING MAN DYING FOR HIM TO heal and deliver him and TAKE HIM HOME. the bible talks about religion James 1:27 JESUS WAS NEVER RELIGIOUS.... check your bible he broke all religious rules... even till his death,

You won't be saying this if you were born in a Muslim country. It's because you were born into Christianity. I'm not saying you're wrong only trying to be open minded. Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by Fabulosdave01: 11:42pm On Feb 15, 2017
greatnaija01:

You won't be saying this if you were born in a Muslim country. It's because you were born into Christianity. I'm not saying you're wrong only trying to be open minded. Shalom. And what do you mean by my time is short?
Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by Ermacc: 11:43pm On Feb 15, 2017
Fabulosdave01:

Can you counter my points with facts instead?
I think you are just one of the many atheist here looking for theist to argue with so you can feel smart.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by Fabulosdave01: 11:59pm On Feb 15, 2017
Ermacc:
I think you are just one of the many atheist here looking for theist to argue with so you can feel smart.

No. I don't consider myself smart. I'm only looking for other peoples views.
Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by Ermacc: 12:07am On Feb 16, 2017
Fabulosdave01:

No. I don't consider myself smart. I'm only looking for other peoples views.
okay, if truly, you doubt the existence of God, do you believe in the supernatural?
Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by Fabulosdave01: 12:11am On Feb 16, 2017
Ermacc:
okay, if truly, you doubt the existence of God, do you believe in the supernatural?

Yes I do.
Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by lionlamb020(m): 12:43am On Feb 16, 2017
Attention seeking... That's all you're doing. Won't waste my energy to type further

1 Like

Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by greatnaija01: 1:31am On Feb 16, 2017
I WAS BORN AN ATHEIST.... whats worse!!! I simply studied both quran n bible and found TRUTH lies in JESUS CHRIST the only SON OF GOD. Islam has no love whatsoever. NO ONE CONVERTED ME. so now thats your proof and once again YOUR TIME IS SHORT.... put your house in order. GOD SAYS WE SHOULD SET OUR MINDS ON THINGS ABOVE. If you claim to be a christian and the word of GOD is not your final AUTHORITY then you are simply an IMPOSTER.... christianity is a LOVE relationship with GOD through his son JESUS CHRIST. LOVE eliminates questions and it truly does not make sense.
get busy preparing for the day you will stand before your creator rather than arguing vain things with an open mind ... OPEN YOUR MIND TO GODS WORD than to the fallen thoughts that originates from this world.

I HAVE GIVEN YOU ANSWERS but if you still would not heed them... THEN WHATEVER FOLLOWS is up to you. THE END IS HERE.

Fabulosdave01:

You won't be saying this if you were born in a Muslim country. It's because you were born into Christianity. I'm not saying you're wrong only trying to be open minded. Shalom. And what do you mean by my time is short?

1 Like

Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by Fabulosdave01: 6:01am On Feb 16, 2017
lionlamb020:
Attention seeking... That's all you're doing. Won't waste my energy to type further

I am only looking for opinions. It's not by force to comment.
Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by oaroloye(m): 6:35am On Feb 16, 2017
SHALOM!!

Fabulosdave01:

The term" CHRISTIAN" means "LIKE UNTO CHRIST."

DOUBTING GOD is not like Christ.

Therefore you are not a CHRISTIAN.

YAHSHUA SAID that Human beings fall into four categories the Unjust, the Filthy, the Righteous, and the Holy.

He Taught that those who correspond to the UNJUSTNESS category are those who do not Understand, Receive, nor Believe The Word if God.

Those who are in FILTHINESS believe eagerly, but when the going gets too tough for them, they abandon The Word of God.

He saifpd that those in the RIGHTEOUSNESS category bear limited fruits' because of competing interests.

Whereas those in the HOLINESS category are those who UNDERSTAND, RECEIVE, and KEEP The Word of God, bearing fruit thirtyfokd, sixtyfokd, and one hundredfold.

Clearly, you are a failure.

If Religion is determined by Geography, why are Christians found all over the World?

Whatever Religion one is born into us irrelevant: when THE TRUTH is revealed to you, if you are good at heart, you CONVERT TO THE GOSPEL. Any Christian knows that.

I think that the nonsensical idea that your Religion is determined by your birthplace comes from THE GOD DELUSION, by Richard Dawkins.

As an Englishman, he was a member of the second mist hypocritical Church in History, namely the Anglican, which has committed the sane atrocities as the Roman Catholic Church, with less excuse. They did all those things with a better Bible than that of the Roman Catholic Church. They justified wicked things, in order to build the British Empire under the cloak of Christian Religion.

Therefore, he could not possibly know what he was talking about, because those people have a distorted view of Reality.

If Noah's Ark is physically impossible, that means that God must not have used PHYDICS! (*Duh!*)

Where was "PHYSICS," when Yahshua fed 5,000 men- excluding women and children, out of FIVE LOAVES and TWO FISHES that ONE LAD had been carrying?

OUR GOD IS A DICK TO PHYSICS!

Who told you that Noah sacrificed the animals he needed to save?

Who told you that they weren't pregnant or laid eggs?

Who cares about the deviant pertverts who worshipped False gods?

GOD made it very clear, that He regards them as GARBAGE, to be DISPOSED-OF.

WHO AUTHORIZED YOU TO EXAGGERATE THE MERCY OF GOD?

I HAVE NEVER SEEN GOD.

That is because I never achieved HOLINESS.

I know how to achieve that Holiness.

Should anyone do so, everyone who has not achieved Holiness will cone under Judgment- because, having the example of ONE HOLY WORSHIPPER, God will no longer have to take our lame excuses, but will move forward with the next item on His Agenda.

Secular Thought makes people Slaves.

YAHSHUA TAUGHT THAT IF CONTINUE IN HIS WORD, THEY WOULD KNOW THE TRUTH, AND TGAT TRUTH WOULD MAKE THEM FREE.

Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by Wilgrea7(m): 6:51am On Feb 16, 2017
Fabulosdave01:

if you had doubts about your faith.. it would've been better for you to open a thread and ask questions instead of opening a thread to state some atheistic things as facts

its not just about geography geography.. its not all about doctrine this doctrine that.. beliefs are a good thing but our lives are measured by the actions we take based on them.. its not about shouting.. my religion is right and yours is wrong.. its about what you do based on those doctrines you believe.. we have our inbuilt morality and conscience from God to tell us when some doctrines are way over the edge

I've read the epic of Gilgamesh... i found it very interesting.. most religions seem to have some type of flood in their history.. I'm not here to argue if Noah's story is true.. to be sincere.. i couldn't care less about some biblical stories.. but for your sake, i think there are some scientific evidence supporting a flood of some kind.. the full nature of the flood is still unknown

well what can i say? i guess on the last day we'll see for ourselves.. the bible didn't have very much of a worldview.. it seemed to be concerned with Jewish history and future... my point is... no one can say anything for sure cuz no one knows for sure what will happen to those guys.. Jesus is the final judge

this comment of yours made me highly doubt your “open minded" mentality.. being open minded is asking questions... not stating things as facts.. even a deist sees the stupidity in point number 4.. I'll desist from answering it.. it has been answered countless times on nl.. and for someone who claimed to be a Christian saying God doesn't exist because you can't see him... it only makes me wonder.. if indeed youre not an undercover atheist seeking attention.. I'll stop here because your questions and posts seem to verify your atheism... except you're truly open minded as you claim.. then its futile discussing with you

1 Like

Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by sonmvayina(m): 6:56am On Feb 16, 2017
There is/are Gods.....and God is and in everything. God is not an entity. God is everthing. God is not outside of you, but inside..God is whatd created everything...both good and evil, light and darkness,

Those dualities where created for balance..they are not opposing forces but complimentary..there is no light without darkness, no evil without good, no day without night...etc.that is what we human experience..but God cant tell the difference between both...the only thing that affects us and does not enjoy thid duality is TIME..as some will say FATHER TIME...Time is the judge of everything...Time is God...
Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by sonmvayina(m): 7:08am On Feb 16, 2017
Christainity.....is a mockery against God..., for God created everything and is in control of all of creation. the devil is not an exception..God dont make mistske..The devil was crested to fulfill Gods plan...The devil does whatever God ask him to do..and cant do any thhing without Gods knowledge and aproval...much like The Don and Pippi in the movie "the last Don".,.it is religion that raised the devil to the position to an adversary so they can sell their fake story of a savipur and keep you in control and in bondage.they entice you with the promise of heaven and threathen you with hell, while they enjoy the riches God has left fpr your enjoyment..fact: their end will soon come..SOON ENOUGH..
Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by sonmvayina(m): 7:20am On Feb 16, 2017
When God tells the devil for example:: God: Devil i dont want that bus going from benin abuja to get to abuja
the devil says, yes sir..it is up to the devil to decide where to cause the accident.But it has to be before. it enters abuja...cos that is the will of God. and it must come to pass.
and if God tells the devil: I dont want any body to be hurt in that fire outbreak in kaduna, the devil will be there to save everybody with the power God has given him..it is up to the devil to make sure the fire service gets there on time or the neigbours intervene...ppint is thst the will of God MUST be done....lamentation 3:38, Isaiah 45:7,Amos 3:36.,,
Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by peacesamuel94(m): 10:10am On Feb 16, 2017
Its like atheists find it hard to make their points without first claiming to be Christians and former Christians, does it make the story more believable?
Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by lionlamb020(m): 11:18am On Feb 16, 2017
sonmvayina:
When God tells the devil for example:: God: Devil i dont want that bus going from benin abuja to get to abuja
the devil says, yes sir..it is up to the devil to decide where to cause the accident.But it has to be before. it enters abuja...cos that is the will of God. and it must come to pass.
and if God tells the devil: I dont want any body to be hurt in that fire outbreak in kaduna, the devil will be there to save everybody with the power God has given him..it is up to the devil to make sure the fire service gets there on time or the neigbours intervene...ppint is thst the will of God MUST be done....lamentation 3:38, Isaiah 45:7,Amos 3:36.,,

Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by sonmvayina(m): 12:07pm On Feb 16, 2017
[quote author=lionlamb020 post=53763628][/quote]

Lamentation 3:38; from where those good and evil comes, if not from the mouth of God...
Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by iSpirit1(m): 12:14pm On Feb 16, 2017
Fabulosdave01:

I wish that this post will at least answer your Questions. Well, lemme just go straight to answer your questions. Perhaps, that's the best to do here.

1. Well, to some extent, your point stands. Geography has greatly affected what religion some practice. But, you can't blame God for that. God has laid His standards however, for this same purpose of decieving and putting mankind in confusion, satan has founded alot of counterfeits. 1Corinthians 11:13-15. And because deception is sure to be in the world, that's why Jesus advised us to be careful so as not to be decieved. Matthew 24:4. It is solely the responsibility of every man to search for what is the right way to serve God. Deutoronomy 30:19. God cannot be blamed if any man is decieved because He has revealed the truth. Having studied many world religions, I vouch for Christianity. And by God's grace, I've always answered every question that place people in doubt about Christianity.

2. About Noah's ark being impossible. . . What can I say? We read the story in the Bible and to prove that it really happened, the remains of the ark was found. That's evidence enough to prove that that story is not false. Note that it is impossible to explain God and His doings by logic. 1corinthians 3:18-19. God has done and is still doing things which are beyond the scope of science. Science can not account for God and His doings. Isaiah 55:9, 1corinthians 2:14. E.g What cause the universe? How did matter and energy come into being in the closed system of the universe since science has neither find a way to create nor destroy it?

I'll continue shortly.
Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by Fabulosdave01: 12:39pm On Feb 16, 2017
iSpirit1:
I wish that this post will at least answer your Questions. Well, lemme just go straight to answer your questions. Perhaps, that's the best to do here.

1. Well, to some extent, your point stands. Geography has greatly affected what religion some practice. But, you can't blame God for that. God has laid His standards however, for this same purpose of decieving and putting mankind in confusion, satan has founded alot of counterfeits. 1Corinthians 11:13-15. And because deception is sure to be in the world, that's why Jesus advised us to be careful so as not to be decieved. Matthew 24:4. It is solely the responsibility of every man to search for what is the right way to serve God. Deutoronomy 30:19. God cannot be blamed if any man is decieved because He has revealed the truth. Having studied many world religions, I vouch for Christianity. And by God's grace, I've always answered every question that place people in doubt about Christianity.

2. About Noah's ark being impossible. . . What can I say? We read the story in the Bible and to prove that it really happened, the remains of the ark was found. That's evidence enough to prove that that story is not false. Note that it is impossible to explain God and His doings by logic. 1corinthians 3:18-19. God has done and is still doing things which are beyond the scope of science. Science can not account for God and His doings. Isaiah 55:9, 1corinthians 2:14. E.g What cause the universe? How did matter and energy come into being in the closed system of the universe since science has neither find a way to create nor destroy it?

I'll continue shortly.

Okay. Thanks. I'll wait
Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by iSpirit1(m): 1:10pm On Feb 16, 2017
Fabulosdave01:

3. People who died before Christianity was founded.

In the Bible, there are three Eras.

i. Before the Law. From the fall of man till when Moses delivered the Law.

ii. Under the Law. From when Moses brought the Law till when Jesus resurrected.

iii. Under Grace. From Jesus' resurrection till date.

Under the Law, Righteousness was attained by keeping all the Law. Exodus 19:5-6, James 2:10. As many that lived during the Law Era shall be judged by the Law. Romans 2:12.

Under Grace, Righteousness is obtained by placing our Faith in Jesus. Romans 2:21-22. Romans 10:4-10. As many that live under grace shall be judged by God's standard of Righteousness Under Grace which is by placing our Faith in Jesus. James 2:12.

What then? What about the people who died Before the Law, how shall God judged them?

First, lemme establish that all sinful men that have died are already in Hell Fire. As we see from Jesus' story of Lazarus and the rich man. Luke 16:19-24. However, the Bible tells us that Hell isn't the final abode of the wicked but the Lake of Fire. Revelations 21:8. Because Hell itself shall be casted into the Lake of Fire. Revelations 20:13-14. Before the residents of Hell shall be casted into the Lake of Fire, they shall be judged. Verse 13 shows that.

Having established that, lemme quickly show us this. . . When Jesus died, He spent 3days in the grave. What was He doing all the while? 1Peter 3:19-20 shows us one of the things He was doing. . . He went to preach to people who died during the days of Noah (before the Law) and as many that believed in Him resurrected with Him along with all the saints who had died prior to His resurrection (Matthew 27:52) who were in Abraham's bosom. Luke 16:22. Altogether, they ascended to Heaven on His ascension. Acts 1:9, Hebrews 12:1.

Please try to read all the cited scriptures.

I'll continue shortly.
Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by Fabulosdave01: 1:42pm On Feb 16, 2017
iSpirit1:
3. People who died before Christianity was founded.

In the Bible, there are three Eras.

i. Before the Law. From the fall of man till when Moses delivered the Law.

ii. Under the Law. From when Moses brought the Law till when Jesus resurrected.

iii. Under Grace. From Jesus' resurrection till date.

Under the Law, Righteousness was attained by keeping all the Law. Exodus 19:5-6, James 2:10. As many that lived during the Law Era shall be judged by the Law. Romans 2:12.

Under Grace, Righteousness is obtained by placing our Faith in Jesus. Romans 2:21-22. Romans 10:4-10. As many that live under grace shall be judged by God's standard of Righteousness Under Grace which is by placing our Faith in Jesus. James 2:12.

What then? What about the people who died Before the Law, how shall God judged them?

First, lemme establish that all sinful men that have died are already in Hell Fire. As we see from Jesus' story of Lazarus and the rich man. Luke 16:19-24. However, the Bible tells us that Hell isn't the final abode of the wicked but the Lake of Fire. Revelations 21:8. Because Hell itself shall be casted into the Lake of Fire. Revelations 20:13-14. Before the residents of Hell shall be casted into the Lake of Fire, they shall be judged. Verse 13 shows that.

Having established that, lemme quickly show us this. . . When Jesus died, He spent 3days in the grave. What was He doing all the while? 1Peter 3:19-20 shows us one of the things He was doing. . . He went to preach to people who died during the days of Noah (before the Law) and as many that believed in Him resurrected with Him along with all the saints who had died prior to His resurrection (Matthew 27:52) who were in Abraham's bosom. Luke 16:22. Altogether, they ascended to Heaven on His ascension. Acts 1:9, Hebrews 12:1.

Please try to read all the cited scriptures.

I'll continue shortly.

Thank you. I'm at understanding it better now.
Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by Niflheim(m): 1:52pm On Feb 16, 2017
@OP,

You are 100% correct when you say that god does not exist!!!

1.The "Auto-theists" are the closest to describing what a god is, for they will tell you to look in the mirror if you want to see god!!! The "Auto-theist" believes in himself!!!

2.However, the "Theothanatologists" will insist that god died many years ago..................................and so therefore, he does not exist again!!!

3.The "Anthropotheist" insists that all gods are deified men!!! In other words, Zeus was just a king who lived on a mountain, and Hercules was just a strong warrior who used to catch beasts in the forest!!! This is why the christian bible has scenes(fictional characters), whereby god regrets making humans, and also claims to have been searching for Adam(Hide and Seek)!!! These are not the characteristics of gods, they are the characteristics of men!!!

4.If you ask a christian if the christian thinks that the Japanese Lesbian Goddess exists, you will be surprised to hear him say, "Capital N-O, NO!!!"

Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by lionlamb020(m): 1:58pm On Feb 16, 2017
sonmvayina:

Lamentation 3:38; from where those good and evil comes, if not from the mouth of God...
Oga... Just read the bible well before making all these whack comments... I can't argue
Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by iSpirit1(m): 2:06pm On Feb 16, 2017
4. None has seen God.

Do we have to see God before we believe he Exists? Christianity is a Relationship with God based on Faith. 2Corinthians 5:7. Hebrews 11:6. Hebrews 11:1.

If you don't have Faith (in Jesus), then, you are not a Christian. That is what makes us Christians in essence.

However, that doesn't mean that there are no proofs of God's existence. There are enormous and ample number of proofs that God exists.

1. Science has NOT found cure to HIV/Aids but, many have been healed of it. That's God's Doing. God is more advanced than science. As we all know, science can't explain that yet.

2. From the scientific Law of CAUSE AND EFFECT, which states that, "for every material effect, there must an equivalent material cause before it". . . Also, according to that Law, an effect can NOT cause itself because the cause must be before the effect. See that? The Universe is a material effect, what Caused it? Science said it's the Big Bang. Well, since the Big Bang is a material effect too, it must have a cause before it. Which science never said anything about that. Here, we see that science has contradicted itself.

The ONLY suitable factor that can be said to cause the Universe is God. And when asked, what caused God? That same scientific Law provides the answer to that. It only applies to "material" effects. Well, God is NOT a material effect. So, as far as science knows, it can NOT know what caused God.

These are concrete evidences that God exists. Except that science is unyeilding to the Truth which is obvious.
Re: Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian by sonmvayina(m): 2:24pm On Feb 16, 2017
lionlamb020:

Oga... Just read the bible well before making all these whack comments... I can't argue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgb3q2ejirU&feature=youtu.be

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Tramadol Invalidate Fast During Ramadan ? / China Orders Citizens To Replace Pictures Of Jesus With That Of The Chinese Pres / Dreams: understanding and decoding the mysteries of it

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.