Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,057 members, 7,838,686 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment (31234 Views)

Reasons Why Prospective Land Buyers Fall Fall Prey For Property Scams / The Most Lucrative Investment. Buy Now! / Real Estate As The Most Lucrative Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by Abagworo(m): 9:37am On Nov 19, 2016
lacasera14:
guy howwwww? Enugu is more expensive than port harcourt how? seriously if you can convince me I'd agree with you, convince me with facts and figures. Including that of awka and ibadan most importantly.

Port Harcourt gives a wider choice because of its expansive nature while restriction makes some places higher. Some Igbo villages like Ekwulobia and Nkwerre have single plots going for as high as 100million Naira but it doesn't make real estate lucrative there as the reason for high cost is lack of empty land and not robust economy. Nowhere outside Lagos and Abuja comes close to Port Harcourt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by Emassive(m): 9:45am On Nov 19, 2016
Ibadan is dead nonsense. I live here and work in Lagos. Ibadan is a corrupt state and the people are very lazy and unprofessional too.
YourNemesis:
Bullshit list.

1 - Lagos
2 - Abuja
3 - Port Harcourt
4 - Ibadan
5 - Enugu
6 - Central Ogun (Lagos-Ibadan axis)
7 - Onitsha and environs
8 - Uyo
9 - Benin
10 - Kaduna

Worthy mentions: Ilorin, Owerri, Awka, Abeokuta, Kano and Asaba.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by Emassive(m): 9:46am On Nov 19, 2016
All we need is Power and Good road. Leave the rest to the masses and they will work wonder beyond Govt's recognition

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by chinology: 9:50am On Nov 19, 2016
Shut up old man. Who told you that Ekwulobia do not have a robust economy? Ekwulobia hosts over 15 new generation commercial banks and countless hotels for lodging and leisure. Tell me any town of Ekwulobia level that hosts such amount of banks! Banks don't go to sleepy towns but economically robust areas..

[s]
Abagworo:

Port Harcourt gives a wider choice because of its expansive nature while restriction makes some places higher. Some Igbo villages like Nkwerre have single plots going for as high as 100million Naira but it doesn't make real estate lucrative there as the reason for high cost is lack of empty land and not robust economy. Nowhere outside Lagos and Abuja comes close to Port Harcourt.
[/s]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by systemz(m): 9:56am On Nov 19, 2016
YourNemesis:
Bullshit list.

1 - Lagos
2 - Abuja
3 - Port Harcourt
4 - Ibadan
5 - Enugu
7 - Onitsha and environs
8 - Uyo
9 - Benin
10 - Kaduna

Good list! But I'll like to swap Uyo Benin places.
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by YourNemesis: 10:08am On Nov 19, 2016
Emassive:
Ibadan is dead nonsense. I live here and work in Lagos. Ibadan is a corrupt state and the people are very lazy and unprofessional too.

Compared to Lagos standards, you might be right.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by Bashir75: 10:27am On Nov 19, 2016
This post is debatable just like any other article with evidence.

If the post is about the most lucrative or most productive cities, then Lagos is No 1,because of all aforementioned facts in your post. I'm from Lagos

to let you know; however, the second time I visited Abuja was in August of 2015. The airport in Abuja looked like a ranch with poor facilities, the

runway was like war turf of Mogadishu, only one-way access to terminals, boarding area was small and poorly manage. I can't imagine that airport

is the gateway to the nation's capital. Lagos is much better. an average and much improve airport facilities and most profitable airport to all airlines,

you can ask emirates airline even in this period of recession , British airways and other local and foreign airlines have stopped flying to and from

Abuja,but still flying Lagos. Ask why Dangote and other multi-national prefer Lagos for business. There are so many estates in Lagos, far more than

Abuja and more are coming up like the Eko Atlantic City. I will want more infrastructures in Abuja befitting a capital of any country. If I'm to

choose between Abuja and Lagos for business and holiday destination, I will forever choose Lagos. I'm currently working on a research in my

university about major cities around the world, and the indexes that determine the productive cities. I was really disappointed with facilities in Abuja.
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by ianSweet(f): 10:30am On Nov 19, 2016
This list is just rubbish.
It should be renamed 10 most lucrative cities in SOUTHERN NIGERIA, how can a city like Bayelsa or Asaba be on this list and there is no Kano, Kaduna, Jos and Zaria? These 4 cities have over a million people.

Do u think Nigeria ends in the south?
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by codemaniacs: 10:35am On Nov 19, 2016
ianSweet:
It should be renamed 10 most lucrative cities in SOUTHERN NIGERIA, how can a city like Bayelsa or Asaba be on this list and there is no Kano, Kaduna, Jos and Zaria? These 4 cities have over a million people.

Who u epp

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by Noneroone(m): 10:41am On Nov 19, 2016
@ Mreverest omitting Awka from the list shows you got most of your information from the internet

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by Kfed4ril(m): 10:58am On Nov 19, 2016
ianSweet:

To read and understand is very difficult for an average Nigerian. Why don't you read the headline again this time slowly so you can understand it.
It says most lucrative cities in Nigeria for property investment.

I saw a post here were someone said you can buy a fully completed house in kaduna for 2m. Pls tell me if that sounds lucrative to you.
Yes those cities you mentioned have population but it takes a longer time to get your ROI and even longer time to start making profit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 19, 2016
lacasera14:
guy howwwww? Enugu is more expensive than port harcourt how? seriously if you can convince me I'd agree with you, convince me with facts and figures. Including that of awka and ibadan most importantly.

Enugu is not a city for small boys. Every Igbo Billionaire owns a house there. If an Igbo rich man doesn't own a house or a property in Enugu...the Igbo capital of the world, trust me, he is blood is not pure Igbo. From Emeka Ofor to Jim Nwobodo, to Ubas, Ubah, Ibeto, Obijackson, to Innoson, Uzor Kalu, Igbo footballers, celebrities, Igbos in Diaspora, most own houses in Enugu. Even Peter Odili, Gov. Imoke, Ifeanyi Okowa and even Rotimi Ameachi;his wife is from Enugu too. I'm telling you any rich person with Igbo blood has a house or property in Enugu.

FYI, Enugu is well planned than Port Harcourt and most of Lagos. Abuja is the only city well planned in Nigeria than Enugu. Biafrran government were not playing when they planned Enugu...they envisioned a masterpiece of a capital. I have lived in Port Harcourt and Enugu; so I know. Enugu is the only city in Nigeria with functional traffic lights even in streets you will never think of seeing a street light. Go to Enugu thread and see mansions you will only see in Abuja and Lagos.

Typical average Enugu street with traffic light...pay attention to the precision of the intersection modeled after western countries. You will only find these kind of grid intersections on minor streets in Enugu, Aba and Umuahia, Then in Abuja and some part of Lagos which are mostly in major streets/thoroughfares but very rare in minor streets.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by LoveJesus87(m): 11:03am On Nov 19, 2016
edlion57:
Thank God CALABAR is not among....der are very lazy...over hyped City
you have been there before?
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by Yyeske(m): 11:05am On Nov 19, 2016
OP, you not putting Awka and Onitsha on that list shows you just got some silly stuff from Wikipedia or wherever and why saying crap about the cons of Owerri?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by omoyowa: 11:23am On Nov 19, 2016
YourNemesis:
Bullshit list.

1 - Lagos
2 - Abuja
3 - Port Harcourt
4 - Ibadan
5 - Enugu
7 - Onitsha and environs
8 - Uyo
9 - Benin
10 - Kaduna

Ibadan is not suppose to be on that list abeg...this same Ibadan that have 90% poverty population

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by XaintJoel20: 11:25am On Nov 19, 2016
samuko2012:
Benin city? What about Uyo, Owerri , kaduna ?
Have you been to Benin-city?
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by omoyowa: 11:25am On Nov 19, 2016
Chukazu:
Yenegoa ahead of Aba and Onitcha? if it is so lucrative how come the place is still backward?
Yonagua is a very expensive city...pure water is #20 since 2005
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by omoyowa: 11:27am On Nov 19, 2016
mrvitalis:
Yenegoa?? For real?? Have u ever been to that shit hole? ?

Youngman, bayelsa land are very very expensive due to small land area
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 19, 2016
Enugu more expensive than PH?? Only in your dreams.
Olu20090:

The problem with you Afonjas is you think everything is dickk measuring with Igbos. Enugu is even more expensive than Port Harcourt and should be number 3. Awka and Onitsha has more real estate value than Ibadan. Ibadan should not even be in top 20 lucrative real estate cities.
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 19, 2016
You were also wrong. Abuja is the most expensive in terms of real estate in Nigeria, not Lagos.
YourNemesis:

The problem with you F.L.A.T.T.I.E.S is that y'all think Yorubas care if you exist.
I made a more accurate list, and this monkey is talking about how igbos rank beside Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by YourNemesis: 11:30am On Nov 19, 2016
omoyowa:

lol dude, this has become so stale, it isn't even selling anymore.
Posting pictures of old and dilapidated parts of Ibadan's historic center does not mean it doesn't have lucrative suburbs and newer areas. cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by yom2(m): 11:34am On Nov 19, 2016
hollywater:
Please how much is a plot of land in Asaba or Okpanam? (50×100 or 120)Thanks in advance.
1m upwarrds
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by XaintJoel20: 11:35am On Nov 19, 2016
brostheo:
Asin, I school at uniben, the city is so dry. ThankGod for the uni there
You don't know anything about Benin-city. Some of you that schooled in Uniben spent the whole of your schooling years at either Ekosodin, Hall 4 or Hall 3 and afterwards come out to say Benin is dry.
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by YourNemesis: 11:35am On Nov 19, 2016
Omudia:
You were also wrong. Abuja is the most expensive in terms of real estate in Nigeria, not Lagos.

They might be expensive, but how many are they? What is the demand compared to Lagos places like Lekki, Ajah?
100 super expensive houses is not as lucrative as 500 mid expensive houses, besides even if Abuja properties are more expensive, I doubt it is by much.
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by lacasera14(m): 11:40am On Nov 19, 2016
Olu20090:

Enugu is not a city for small boys. Every Igbo Billionaire owns a house there. If an Igbo rich man doesn't own a house or a property in Enugu...the Igbo capital of the world, trust me, he is blood is not pure Igbo. From Emeka Ofor to Jim Nwobodo, to Ubas, Ubah, Ibeto, Obijackson, to Innoson, Uzor Kalu, Igbo footballers, celebrities, Igbos in Diaspora, all own houses in Enugu. Even Peter Odili, Gov. Imoke, Ifeanyi Okowa and even Rotimi Ameachi;his wife is from Enugu too. I'm telling you any rich person with Igbo blood has a house or property in Enugu.

FYI, Enugu is well planned than Port Harcourt and most of Lagos. Abuja is the only city well planned in Nigeria than Enugu. Biafrran government were not playing when they planned Enugu...they envisioned a masterpiece of a capital. I have lived in Port Harcourt and Enugu; so I know. Enugu is the only city in Nigeria with functional traffic lights even in streets you will never think of seeing a street light. Go to Enugu thread and see mansions you will only see in Abuja and Lagos.

Typical average Enugu street with traffic light...pay attention to the precision of the intersection modeled after western countries. You will only find these kind of grid intersections on minor streets in Enugu, Aba and Umuahia, Then in Abuja and some part of Lagos which are mostly in major streets/thoroughfares but very rare in minor streets.
well I don't think this will make it more expensive than PH I need something else, if I were to go by what you saying, do you think all this rich igbo men you listed here don't own properties in port harcourt? most of the expensive houses in PH are own by top igbo politicians and business moguls, same in Lagos. Almost every top politician in the Niger Delta owns a property in PH the city is larger than enugu, and gradually it is forming an agglomeration, incoporating neighbouring towns, real estate is thriving, properties are sprawling in every nook and cranny, even lekki garden estate is in PH too. Pls Google most priced neighborhoods in Nigeria from seasoned real estate's merchants and get back to me. By the way never you try to compare ibadan and awka again, you can do that with onitsha I'll hide but awka, guys make una fear God na
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 19, 2016
Smh! Only in your dreams.
Olu20090:

Enugu is not a city for small boys. Every Igbo Billionaire owns a house there. If an Igbo rich man doesn't own a house or a property in Enugu...the Igbo capital of the world, trust me, he is blood is not pure Igbo. From Emeka Ofor to Jim Nwobodo, to Ubas, Ubah, Ibeto, Obijackson, to Innoson, Uzor Kalu, Igbo footballers, celebrities, Igbos in Diaspora, most own houses in Enugu. Even Peter Odili, Gov. Imoke, Ifeanyi Okowa and even Rotimi Ameachi;his wife is from Enugu too. I'm telling you any rich person with Igbo blood has a house or property in Enugu.

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by XaintJoel20: 11:44am On Nov 19, 2016
AreaFada2:

I have a relative who made good money from real estate business in Benin. Even before Abuja was built & still does today.
Chose location well & build quality. You will sell a a decent profit. He joined Abuja property rush in the 1980s already & Lagos market but never left Benin to do business fully in those places.

Benin receives one of the highest amount of money from Diaspora outside Lagos-Ibadan axis and a few other places. And most of it goes into real estate.
Don't educate them. Allow then to continue to wallop in their ignorance. They think Benin-city is their backward and remote village.
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by brostheo(m): 11:44am On Nov 19, 2016
XaintJoel20:

You don't know anything about Benin-city. Some of you that schooled in Uniben spent the whole of your schooling years at either Ekosodin, Hall 4 or Hall 3 and afterwards come out to say Benin is dry.

Like I don't have friends and relative around Benin city,that I visit often
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by omoyowa: 11:48am On Nov 19, 2016
YourNemesis:

lol dude, this has become so stale, it isn't even selling anymore.
Posting pictures of old and dilapidated parts of Ibadan's historic center does not mean it doesn't have lucrative suburbs and newer areas. cool

What of this

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 19, 2016
Don't even waste time arguing with such myopic people. In eagle island PH, some houses go as high as N200m, GRA is even higher. Eleme which is not even in PH and is mostly underdeveloped have lands that go as high as N8 - N10m per plot.
lacasera14:
well I don't think this will make it more expensive than PH I need something else, if I were to go by what you saying, do you think all this rich igbo men you listed here don't own properties in port harcourt? most of the expensive houses in PH are own by top igbo politicians and business moguls, same in Lagos. Almost every top politician in the Niger Delta owns a property in PH the city is larger than enugu, and gradually it is forming an agglomeration, incoporating neighbouring towns, real estate is thriving, properties are sprawling in every nook and cranny, even lekki garden estate is in PH too. Pls Google most priced neighborhoods in Nigeria from seasoned real estate's merchants and get back to me. By the way never you try to compare ibadan and awka again, you can do that with onitsha I'll hide but awka, guys make una fear God na
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by XaintJoel20: 11:52am On Nov 19, 2016
brostheo:
Like I don't have friends and relative around Benin city,that I visit often
So you think visiting your friends and relatives to spend sometimes is enough for you to draw that myopic analysis about Benin-city?

Benin-city is far more than what you know or think..
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 19, 2016
Lol...then you should ask a property agent to clear your doubt. Every where in abuja is expensive except the outskirts and slums.
YourNemesis:

They might be expensive, but how many are they? What is the demand compared to Lagos places like Lekki, Ajah?
100 super expensive houses is not as lucrative as 500 mid expensive houses, besides even if Abuja properties are more expensive, I doubt it is by much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Introducing Havens Cottage: Affordable Luxury Homes In Epe (Starting from ₦13m) / Strictly For People With Low Income Budget Who Want To Rent Apartments In Lagos / 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.