Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,379 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment (31238 Views)

Reasons Why Prospective Land Buyers Fall Fall Prey For Property Scams / The Most Lucrative Investment. Buy Now! / Real Estate As The Most Lucrative Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by YourNemesis: 11:57am On Nov 19, 2016
omoyowa:

What of this

Keep posting, Tell me when u are done.
If you ever stop them I will know you have your head up your butt.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by YourNemesis: 11:59am On Nov 19, 2016
Omudia:
Lol...then you should ask a property agent to clear your doubt. Every where in abuja is expensive except the outskirts and slums.

Well, good.
But I would chose Lag over Abj anyway considering population and demand factor for lucrativeness.
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by brostheo(m): 12:02pm On Nov 19, 2016
XaintJoel20:

So you think visiting your friends and relatives to spend sometimes is enough for you to draw that myopic analysis about Benin-city?

Benin-city is far more than what you know or think..
Why not start by mentioning the so-called lucrative part of benin
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 19, 2016
Exactly! Lagos is much better for business and other economic reasons. The thing is that abuja Landlords are too greedy. They would rather leave their houses empty than rent them for lower prices.
YourNemesis:

Well, good.
But I would chose Lag over Abj anyway considering population and demand factor for lucrativeness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by MrEverest(m): 12:13pm On Nov 19, 2016
YourNemesis:
Bullshit list.

1 - Lagos
2 - Abuja
3 - Port Harcourt
4 - Ibadan
5 - Enugu
6 - Central Ogun (Lagos-Ibadan axis)
7 - Onitsha and environs
8 - Uyo
9 - Benin
10 - Kaduna

Worthy mentions: Ilorin, Owerri, Awka, Abeokuta, Kano and Asaba.

Pls we should not allow sentiment to overide logic. You are emotionally biased. I'll like you to answer a few questions; First, how much is the average rent for a self contained apartment or two bedroom flat in Ibadan, Onitsha, Uyo or Kaduna against Warri, Owerri or Asaba Secondly, is there a city in Nigeria called central Ogun I am appalled by your reasoning and those liking your obviously uninformed post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by vinelli(m): 12:14pm On Nov 19, 2016
BornStunner1:

i dnt see wat u are doin here fool
It seems like u have a brain disease or something
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by chinology: 12:22pm On Nov 19, 2016
omoyowa:

What of this

Clown why not focus on the subject matter and proffer a strong argument?

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by MrEverest(m): 12:23pm On Nov 19, 2016
meezynetwork:
Incomplete list. No Kaduna or Kano?
Kano & Kaduna would be included among twenty most lucrative property destinations in Nigeria but certainly not in the first ten, based on the parameter used, which is "LUCRATIVE"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by YourNemesis: 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2016
MrEverest:
Pls we should not allow sentiment to overide logic. You are emotionally biased. I'll like you to answer a few questions; First, how much is the average rent for a self contained apartment or two bedroom flat in Ibadan, Onitsha, Uyo or Kaduna against Warri, Owerri or Asaba Secondly, is there a city in Nigeria called central Ogun I am appalled by your reasoning and those liking your obviously uninformed post.

No wonder your list was filled with poo. You are the one who is biased..... I am led to believe you are from Delta state or around that area.
So your criteria for measuring the lucrativeness or buoyancy of an area's property market is how much houses get rented to poor and middle class people.
Yes, there might not be a "city" called central Ogun for now, because that entire area is a cluster of mid sized settlements, but trust me just because the area does not have an official city name yet, does not mean it is a dead zone, it is a hive of building and property explosion. When everything congeals into a proper metro, you will know wassup.
After-all, there is no city called Silicon valley, yet it is world renowned today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by MrEverest(m): 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2016
Chukazu:
Yenegoa ahead of Aba and Onitcha?
if it is so lucrative how come the place is still backward?
Bro, I resided in Aba for donkey years and we have properties there. Aba & Onitsha cant be in the first ten based on the parameter used which is "LUCRATIVE". Property returns is very low in Aba, you can get a two bedroom flat in Aba for a ridiculous 120,000 naira per annum! I mean even in relatively decent areas like Ogbor-hill, Umungasi etc but such amount can only get you a self contain in the suburbs of Owerri like Nekede, Orji etc. Same also applies to Yenegoa in a lesser extent & shops in Aba can be as low as 5k to 10k per month while same will go for as much as 30k to 50k in Owerri or Yenegoa!

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by YourNemesis: 12:41pm On Nov 19, 2016
MrEverest:
Bro, I resided in Aba for donkey years and we have properties there. Aba & Onitsha cant be in the first ten based on the parameter used which is "LUCRATIVE". Property returns is very low in Aba, you can get a two bedroom flat in Aba for a ridiculous 120,000 naira per annum! I mean even in relatively decent areas like Ogbor-hill, Umungasi etc but such amount can only get you a self contain in the suburbs of Owerri like Nekede, Orji etc. Same also applies to Yenegoa in a lesser extent & shops in Aba can be as low as 5k to 10k per month while same will go for as much as 30k to 50k in Owerri or Yenegoa!

Just say you are ranking areas with the highest house rents so that we can all go and rest. lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:41pm On Nov 19, 2016
Olu20090:

Enugu is not a city for small boys. Every Igbo Billionaire owns a house there. If an Igbo rich man doesn't own a house or a property in Enugu...the Igbo capital of the world, trust me, he is blood is not pure Igbo. From Emeka Ofor to Jim Nwobodo, to Ubas, Ubah, Ibeto, Obijackson, to Innoson, Uzor Kalu, Igbo footballers, celebrities, Igbos in Diaspora, most own houses in Enugu. Even Peter Odili, Gov. Imoke, Ifeanyi Okowa and even Rotimi Ameachi;his wife is from Enugu too. I'm telling you any rich person with Igbo blood has a house or property in Enugu.

FYI, Enugu is well planned than Port Harcourt and most of Lagos. Abuja is the only city well planned in Nigeria than Enugu. Biafrran government were not playing when they planned Enugu...they envisioned a masterpiece of a capital. I have lived in Port Harcourt and Enugu; so I know. Enugu is the only city in Nigeria with functional traffic lights even in streets you will never think of seeing a street light. Go to Enugu thread and see mansions you will only see in Abuja and Lagos.

Typical average Enugu street with traffic light...pay attention to the precision of the intersection modeled after western countries. You will only find these kind of grid intersections on minor streets in Enugu, Aba and Umuahia, Then in Abuja and some part of Lagos which are mostly in major streets/thoroughfares but very rare in minor streets.

And to think this is just the poor man's area makes Enugu more amazing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by mrvitalis(m): 12:46pm On Nov 19, 2016
omoyowa:

Youngman, bayelsa land are very very expensive due to small land area
Bro we own properties close to water board in yenegoa so please i know what am saying
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by MrEverest(m): 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2016
YourNemesis:

No wonder your list was filled with poo. You are the one who is biased..... I am led to believe you are from Delta state or around that area.
So your criteria for measuring the lucrativeness or buoyancy of an area's property market is how much houses get rented to poor and middle class people.
Yes, there might not be a "city" called central Ogun for now, because that entire area is a cluster of mid sized settlements, but trust me just because the area does not have an official city name yet, does not mean it is a dead zone, it is a hive of building and property explosion. When everything congeals into a proper metro, you will know wassup.
After-all, there is no city called Silicon valley, yet it is world renowned today.
I dont know if your problem is inabillity to read and comprehend or emotional bias. I never insinuated that the region or areas of Ogun state bodering Lagos state are "dead zone". Do you even know the meaning of the word LUCRATIVE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by MrEverest(m): 12:57pm On Nov 19, 2016
YourNemesis:

Just say you are ranking areas with the highest house rents so that we can all go and rest. lipsrsealed undecided
The keyword used is LUCRATIVE CITIES & that is synonimous with PROFIT! How can you get a high ROI when the rent is too low We are not arguing for or against high rent charged by landlords, thats a different matter, what I'm saying is based on what is available on ground! Again, I mentioned cities, not areas or regions or states, so saying central Ogun is out of point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by omoyowa: 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2016
chinology:

Clown why not focus on the subject matter and proffer a strong argument?

Ewu Gambia.....keep trailing me..
anumanu
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by YourNemesis: 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2016
MrEverest:
I dont know if your problem is inabillity to read and comprehend or emotional bias. I never insinuated that the region or areas of Ogun state bodering Lagos state are "dead zone". Do you even know the meaning of the word LUCRATIVE

Lets start with how many High income buildings are in all of Yenagoa compared to lets say Benin.
A town I can't even see on my map unless I zoom in has suddenly become more lucrative than a big city simply because it has a few jaw breaking exorbitant properties propped up by oil money.

Ok, let me ask you, between New York one of the world's largest metros, and Luanda Angola, the most expensive city in the world- which is more lucrative? Follow your own criteria to answer that and see how dumb you will end up looking.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by omoyowa: 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2016
YourNemesis:

Keep posting, Tell me when u are done.
If you ever stop them I will know you have your head up your butt.

who send you..
ghararaaaaa here men
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by chinology: 1:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
omoyowa:

I am an Ewu Gambia...and equally a bastard

We have always known that you are a bastard born of a prostitute

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by YourNemesis: 1:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
omoyowa:

who send you..
ghararaaaaa here men

Faggo.t
Get lost.
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by omoyowa: 1:05pm On Nov 19, 2016
chinology:

We have always known that you are a bastard born of a prostitute

Dude, go and tell that your ugu man to stop steering dust on d envirinmental surface in d name of grading 4 km road
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by ianSweet(f): 1:10pm On Nov 19, 2016
Kfed4ril:

To read and understand is very difficult for an average Nigerian. Why don't you read the headline again this time slowly so you can understand it.
It says most lucrative cities in Nigeria for property investment.

I saw a post here were someone said you can buy a fully completed house in kaduna for 2m. Pls tell me if that sounds lucrative to you.
Yes those cities you mentioned have population but it takes a longer time to get your ROI and even longer time to start making profit.

We all know that every city has expensive and cheap areas for various levels of income earners. How much is a plot of Land in Makoko or Ajegunle? Are these places not in Lagos too?
Neither Yenagoa nor Asaba have expensive quarters like Kano, Kaduna and Jos.
Places like Rayfield and Rock haven in Jos city, u see plots of lands and buildings in tens to hundreds of millions.

U lack objectivity and rational evaluation.
The list is bullshit.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by MrEverest(m): 1:12pm On Nov 19, 2016
YourNemesis:

Lets start with how many High income buildings are in all of Yenagoa compared to lets say Benin.
A town I can't even see on my map unless I zoom in has suddenly become more lucrative than a big city simply because it has a few jaw breaking exorbitant properties propped up by oil money.

Ok, let me ask you, between New York one of the world's largest metros, and Luanda Angola, the most expensive city in the world- which is more lucrative? Follow your own criteria to answer that and see how dumb you will end up looking.
Your comparison is out of sync. How do you compare a first world city with a third world city and expect to get a fair result You keep missing the point, its not about the size of a city that makes property investment lucrative, its about value in terms of purchasing power and demand for such properties even in a small town against a large city with largely low purchasing power parity. I hope you get
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by chinology: 1:14pm On Nov 19, 2016
omoyowa:
let me go and tell my useless hopeless father that he is a failure

Now you are talking. Your hopeless father is responsible for your frustration and hopelessness in life. You are wandering all over the place due to frustration in life. Your life is in shambles. Lol
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by YourNemesis: 1:20pm On Nov 19, 2016
MrEverest:
Your comparison is out of sync. How do you compare a first world city with a third world city and expect to get a fair result You keep missing the point, its not about the size of a city that makes property investment lucrative, its about value in terms of purchasing power and demand for such properties even in a small town against a large city with largely low purchasing power parity. I hope you get

Okay then, Why is Nigeria considered a more lucrative economy/market than Equatorial Guinea?
Let me break the facts down for you

Nigeria population: 186 million
Equatorial Guinea population: 770,000

Nigeria per capita GDP = $3,000
EQG per capita GDP = $20,581 (richest African country)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by MrEverest(m): 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2016
YourNemesis:

Okay then, Why is Nigeria considered a more lucrative economy/market than Equatorial Guinea?
Let me break the facts down for you

Nigeria population: 186 million
Equatorial Guinea population: 770,000

Nigeria per capita GDP = $3,000
EQG per capita GDP = $20,581 (richest African country)
Another flawed comparison, yes Nigeria is a more attrative investment destination but THATS ON A GENERAL PERSPECTIVE. E.Guinea might still have a higher ROI on properties than Nigeria. Now let me break it down for you by using a local example, Zaria may have 5 times the population of Warri but which among the two has a higher ROI on property investment??
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by YourNemesis: 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2016
MrEverest:
Another flawed comparison, yes Nigeria is a more attrative investment destination but THATS ON A GENERAL PERSPECTIVE. E.Guinea might still have a higher ROI on properties than Nigeria. Now let me break it down for you by using a local example, Zaria may have 5 times the population of Warri but which among the two has a higher ROI on property investment??

Economic magazines don't publish opinions and label them as facts. That Nigeria is a more lucrative market than EQG isn't just hearsay but on real economics.
Equatorial guinea might have higher return on investment for specialized single or tens of properties, but In the field of Mass economics and economics of scale when you are talking on TOTAL return on investments, EQG is surely no match. That is my own perspective on Lucrativeness and how it is viewed by most people with an economically sound mind.

btw: Nowhere does Zaria have 5 times Warri's population. Both are Mid sized cities, One is the economic capital in an oil rich state, the other in an semi-arid area in a northern state that has Kaduna as its crown jewel, not Zaria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by spako4(m): 2:43pm On Nov 19, 2016
Emassive:
Ibadan is dead nonsense. I live here and work in Lagos. Ibadan is a corrupt state and the people are very lazy and unprofessional too.
Let me have your address?
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by ernieboy(m): 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
brostheo:
Asin, I school at uniben, the city is so dry. ThankGod for the uni there
which part of the city have u been to? don't confine yourself to ekosodin, and ugbowo axis and think that you have seen the city. uniben is actually on the outskirts of the city. FYI I am an alumnus of uniben.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by ernieboy(m): 4:17pm On Nov 19, 2016
YourNemesis:

is that not a criteria for determining the lucrativeness of real estate in a city?
Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by agyo(m): 4:38pm On Nov 19, 2016
350k for safe con and 1m for a bedroom flat in Port Harcourt. Liar of the century. Arrant nonsense. That a blunt liar.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Lucrative Cities In Nigeria For Property Investment by MrEverest(m): 4:47pm On Nov 19, 2016
ernieboy:

is that not a criteria for determining the lucrativeness of real estate in a city?
God bless you. Lack of understanding is the bane of nowadays youths.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Introducing Havens Cottage: Affordable Luxury Homes In Epe (Starting from ₦13m) / Strictly For People With Low Income Budget Who Want To Rent Apartments In Lagos / 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.