Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,303 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

How Can You Charge Your Tenant For Prepaid Meter - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Can You Charge Your Tenant For Prepaid Meter (1196 Views)

What's The Worst Thing Your Tenant Did To Your Property After An Eviction? Share / Caretaker Sues Tenant For Disclosing Her Rent To Others / How To Prevent Your Nepa Prepaid Meter Card From Running Out Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can You Charge Your Tenant For Prepaid Meter by mikkybellami(m): 8:29am On Nov 19, 2016
I am having problem in choosing the best way to charge my tenant for the prepaid meter.. ...but I can list 3 options which are;

1. Monthly according to the number of their point(#100 per point)

2. Yearly I.e the number of point used monthly time 12month paid with the house rent

3. Paying when the unit on the meter is low

Guys Pls what's the best method I can use to charge them for the prepaid meter.... ..you can add yours(suggestion is allowed) and Pls mature mind only
Re: How Can You Charge Your Tenant For Prepaid Meter by segebobo: 9:00am On Nov 19, 2016
I'd suggest option 3. Let them pay when the unit is low.
Re: How Can You Charge Your Tenant For Prepaid Meter by Onuokwu: 10:36am On Nov 19, 2016
mikkybellami:
I am having problem in choosing the best way to charge my tenant for the prepaid meter.. ...but I can list 3 options which are;

1. Monthly according to the number of their point(#100 per point)

2. Yearly I.e the number of point used monthly time 12month paid with the house rent

3. Paying when the unit on the meter is low

Guys Pls what's the best method I can use to charge them for the prepaid meter.... ..you can add yours(suggestion is allowed) and Pls mature mind only

Are you all using the same meter? If so, i don't think there is any fair or equitable way to charge them because consumption will not be equal and people are generally unreasonable. Whatever way you chose there will be wahala. Best way is to get a meter for each house.
Re: How Can You Charge Your Tenant For Prepaid Meter by mikkybellami(m): 10:50am On Nov 19, 2016
Onuokwu:

Are you all using the same meter? If so, i don't think there is any fair or equitable way to charge them because consumption will not be equal and people are generally unreasonable. Whatever way you chose there will be wahala. Best way is to get a meter for each house.
It is eight room apartment and two flat
Re: How Can You Charge Your Tenant For Prepaid Meter by Onuokwu: 11:05am On Nov 19, 2016
mikkybellami:

It is eight room apartment and two flat

Each apartment and flat has to have their own meter. That's the right thing to do.
Re: How Can You Charge Your Tenant For Prepaid Meter by mikkybellami(m): 11:15am On Nov 19, 2016
Onuokwu:

Each apartment and flat has to have their own meter. That's the right thing to do.
A meter is like #45000 that means that I will have 8 meters which is equivalent to 360k
Re: How Can You Charge Your Tenant For Prepaid Meter by TLAX: 9:19am On Nov 20, 2016
mikkybellami:

A meter is like #45000 that means that I will have 8 meters which is equivalent to 360k

That is reasonable. What is the total cost of meters compared to the cost of the whole house. The other option is be prepared foe the headache of tenants who wantbto enjoy free electricity and eventual breakdown of peace and order.

(1) (Reply)

Hot Promo Deal: #2.8m--CofO...Uptown Courts Extension Ibeju lekki / Fully Furnished 4 Rooms And 2 Parlours Bungalow For Sale In Onitsha / Just Sold My Car To Purchase A Land Behind My House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.