Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

The Ancestral Curses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ancestral Curses (25427 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Curses Boko Haram, Miyetti Allah Over Suicide Bomber At Winners / Why Do We Always Inherite Only Ancestral Curses And Not Blessings / How Do You Fight An Ancestral Python Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ancestral Curses by Earthkumy(m): 8:42am On Nov 19, 2016
THE ANCESTRAL CURSES THE WAY OUT
INTRODUCTION

There’s difference between being condemned to spiritual death and having a curse that’s affecting you and your family despite you been born again Christians. We have had cases where a good Christian had suffered a particular sickness, hardships, marital problems, a particular habit or other problems that had being following there family lineage, just as the case may be. And they had tried in many prayers, fasting and the problem remains until an anointed man of God prayed and breaks those cures. The questions to answer in this write up is should that be the case? Is it possible for a Christian to still be under bondage? What’s the solution for Spiritual freedom in Christ Jesus? Read on as the Holy Spirit leads us alone the part of understanding.

Ancestral curse can be defined as an evil or misfortune that follows a particular person as a result of being born into a family lineage; inherited family problems. A curse that follows a person as a result of the mistake of his forefathers: like Adamic curse (Genesis 3:17), Ahab curse (1 kings 21:21-26), etc.

In my little time of being a Pastor, I have had many people who came to me for deliverance, with believe in their hearts that a particular curse is following them even as a prayerful Christian. Many of them got delivered when we pray together and many just need counseling. Before we go on let me make it clear that because you see a particular problem physically doesn’t mean is not settled spiritually. Devil will always feed on children of God ignorance to keep them under bondage, which should not be so. If all of us Christian know our place and understand God’s word, we will always laugh at the devil’s tricks. If you are not born in a Christian home there’s always demon your forefathers was worshipping which will be following you or demanding that you worship them. Some of these powers are quiet when you haven’t being born again; some is as a result demon invoked to follow a particular family as a result of crime of their forefathers. And many are suffering or passing through many difficulties without knowing the reason for the problem they are facing.

When I started to know the Holy Spirit and it activities: that’s my early Christian life rediscovering. I started praying so much at midnights, and I was having attacks both physically and spiritually, sometimes I will see spirits in my room, I will pray and cast them out. A lot of times they came like owls in numbers crying on my window and disturbing my neighbors and I will be awake praying, rebuking and casting them out, they kept coming back. My neighbors in Shogunle know owls come for me and they expect me to start praying ones they comes in their groups. A lot of attacks came to me from the demons my forefather worshiped. During those sleepless nights I never panicked, Victor my friend is the only person I share the details of these mysteries with. The answers I got from all those attacks is that the demons had found out that they had lost me and they were fighting to create fear in me and also to make sure they destroy me or my new found faith. The only thing that got me through is my belief that Jesus had set me free and the demons have no right over me. That gave me boldness to standup against them in the name of my Lord and savior Jesus Christ. Though the fight lasted months I came out with victory and a lot of experiences.

Rom 8:1 says “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit”. The effect of ancestral curses in a Christian’s life is as a result of ignorance of who we are. Hos 4:6 “my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. "Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children”.

To be continued
Pastor Eze Chukwu Earthkumy
Assemblies of God Church

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Seun(m): 10:59am On Nov 19, 2016
Earthkumy:
THE ANCESTRAL CURSES THE WAY OUT
INTRODUCTION

We have had cases where a good Christian had suffered a particular sickness, hardships, marital problems, a particular habit or other problems that had being following there family lineage, just as the case may be. And they had tried in many prayers, fasting and the problem remains until an anointed man of God prayed and breaks those cures.
If a particular illness runs in your family, it is probably because the disease is genetic in nature. For example, there are families in which every woman develops breast cancer at a particular age. Scientists have found that certain genes are responsible for their tendency to have breast cancer. Angelina Jolie discovered that she has this gene and decided to go for a preventive double mastectomy in order to avoid it. She has also opted to adopt kids so she won't pass the genes to the next generation. Some families tend to have a lot of sicklers, and this is because of the sickle cell gene. The solution is for people from such families to marry people who don't have the gene at all. These are medical issues, and not spiritual. When you attribute medical issues to evil spirits, you prevent the victims from seeking the medical help that they need. How wicked!

If marital problems run in your family, it's probably because nobody in your family knows how a healthy marriage works. Almost everything you know about marriage comes from your parents, and you are likely to make the same mistakes that they did. The solution is to educate yourself on marriage from external sources like books, the Internet, etc and to make sure the partner you choose is very compatible with you and preferably comes from a healthy family. And to seek counseling from marriage counselors, not your pastor who may not know much. If both partners in a marriage come from broken homes, it's highly likely to fail, unless both of them work really really hard to make it work.

If financial problems run in your family, it's due to lack of financial knowledge and education. The solution is to break that cycle by getting educated in an economically viable profession (not Yoruba Studies) and being enterprising. Also, it would be foolish to make financial decisions based on your parents' advice if your parents are poor or financially illiterate. You need to have advisers who know more than they do.

If bad habits such as alcoholism, smoking or drug addiction run in your family, the solution is to never expose yourself to these vices. Never take a glass of wine. Never try cigarettes. Never try drugs. Never keep a friend who does any of these things. Never go to a party or night club where you will be pressured to try these things. Because you are likely to be more susceptible to addiction than most people. One sip of wine could place you on the path to ruin. So don't risk it! However, if the habit bothering you is masturbation, don't worry about it. It's normal.

The suggestion that any problem that runs in your family could be caused by imaginary "ancestral curses" is damaging because it distracts you from the real causes of your problems and the real solutions. It's not even biblical anyway, in my opinion.

180 Likes 30 Shares

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Earthkumy(m): 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
Seun:

The suggestion that any problem that runs in your family is caused by imaginary "ancestral spirits" is damaging because it distracts you from the real causes of your problems and the real solutions. It's not even biblical.

If you read it properly and slowly sir, you will know I used the word "we had cases" meaning I'm not suggesting is all issues. And u saying is not biblical shows you don't study the Bible.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Seun(m): 5:05pm On Nov 19, 2016
Earthkumy:
If you read it properly and slowly sir, you will know I used the word "we had cases" meaning I'm not suggesting is all issues. And u saying is not biblical shows you don't study the Bible.
How do you know which cases are due to the so-called "ancestral curses" and which cases are due to genetics, education, bad decisions, etc?

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Acidosis(m): 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
Rightly said:

Generational curses are real.

In some families, it is uncontrollable anger. Theft runs in some families. To some, it is late marriage (does it mean all the female and male in the family smell badly, illiterates and mannerless?). In some families, their men don't live beyond certain age.

There are many people today who are living under bondage that the sins of their forefathers has brought them under.

You remember the death of students in ALUU? Truth is that those guys (and their children) will pay for their sins. When that happens (perhaps through a deadly accident or strange illness), an atheist would most likely blame the poor health care facility or reckless driving.

Don't bother arguing, some things are beyond the physical and unless one believe the spiritual facet of life, it would be hard to understand all you've said.

Even if you won't believe in God's creation through Adam and Eve, and the curses placed on humanity, at least believe in something: maybe Karma, Give and Take Theory.

If you don't believe that, take a stone, throw it to the sky...and watch it come back to you. That's an elementary explanation. If you plant wheat, won't you and your children eat from it? So who will eat the evil you plant? god of atheist?

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Acidosis(m): 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
Funny thing is majority of those who liked Seun's posts are parts of the Christian family. Very disgraceful and easily deceived delusional and faithless illiterate Christians who don't know the difference between the right and the left.

At the sound of an irrational post from an atheist, you see them doubting their faith as shown in the likes.

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Gift101(m): 6:09pm On Nov 19, 2016
Seun:

How do you know which cases are due to the so-called "ancestral curses" and which cases are due to genetics, education, bad decisions, etc?

So the situation whereby a family has brainliant children but none of them has ever graduated from the university is Genetic right ?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Scholar8200(m): 6:45pm On Nov 19, 2016
Now, Earthkumy, consider the analysis below and kindly share your thoughts:

Jesus had 12 disciples who were Israelites and He never bade them deal with ancestral curses. However, hear what he said to those who rejected Him:

29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.

31 [size=14pt]Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.[/size]

32 [size=18pt]Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.[/size]

33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Matthew 23:29-35

Now these are my points:

1. The pharisees appeared to be doing a good or perhaps remedial action but it only made them more guilty;Why? they had the sin of unbelief(Major cause of condemnation John 3:18)
2. The eligibility of the pharisees to be partakers of an inherited judgement stemmed not from what they tried to do to exonerate themselves but their rejection of Christ and unbelief.
3. The disciples who were at the scene were neither referenced openly as being also guilty being Israelites, nor exhorted privately to do something to be free. Why? They believed on Jesus and were free from condemnation, Jesus also pronounced them clean.
4.Vs 32 shows that they, by their self-invented conciliatory measures (whole persisting in unbelief) were linking themselves as partakers of the sin of the perpetrators.

What am I driving at?
1. The sting of death (ultimate curse of the law) is sin; if a Christian is having these issues, the first inclination should not be deliverance but examination in His Presence. Just as unbelief (a great sin) made the pharisees able partakers of their fathers' sins and the curse it deserved, there might be certain sins that may be unchecked in the believer's life. It may not be deliberate, active sin. Perhaps an outstanding restitution, holding back from giving ourselves God (due to unbelief), withdrawing consecration once made, unwitting participation in the sin of others etc
-David had a 3-year famine thank God he inquired of God and saw that there was an unmitigated injustice to be rectified;
-Joshua lost a battle thank God he humbled himself before God and saw that a member of the church had flouted God's express word;
-Jehoshaphat's investment failed because he maintained unequal yoke with a sinner not because he was Asa's son. etc

Are these similar to the action of the Pharisees? NO! the Pharisees rejected the Lord and busied themselves with what was neither commanded in the law of Moses nor revelations of the prophets.

2. Ignorance (in-law to unbelief). God said His people are in captivity not because the enemies are stronger or that they have a legal right but because His people were ignorant.

I am here to learn.

9 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Seun(m): 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2016
Gift101:
So the situation whereby a family has brilliant children but none of them has ever graduated from the university is Genetic right ?
It depends on the reason for not graduating in each case. If you have an example, give us the details so we can explain it to you properly. smiley

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Earthkumy(m): 9:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
Holy Spirit is your answer.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Seun(m): 9:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
Acidosis:
Generational curses are real. In some families, it is uncontrollable anger. Theft runs in some families. To some, it is late marriage (does it mean all the female and male in the family smell badly, illiterates and mannerless?). In some families, their men don't live beyond certain age. There are many people today who are living under bondage that the sins of their forefathers has brought them under.
Have you observed/experienced this personally, or are you just regurgitating what some deliverance minister said when you were at church?

You remember the death of students in ALUU? Truth is that those guys (and their children) will pay for their sins. When that happens (perhaps through a deadly accident or strange illness), an atheist would most likely blame the poor health care facility or reckless driving.
It's mathematically quite likely that some of those guys, or their children, or grandchildren, or great-grandchildren, will experience deadly accidents or strange illnesses. Bad things happen to everybody and the larger the group you're considering, the greater the likelihood that something bad will happen to at least one of them. 1 person may have 4 children, 16 grandchildren, and 64 great grandchildren, making 85 people. It is quite likely that at least one of these 85 people will experience something bad, but that's simply because, in life, shit happens.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Earthkumy(m): 9:46pm On Nov 19, 2016
Seun:

Matt 8:16 "When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick"
Luke 4:39 "And he stood over her, and rebuked the fever; and it left her: and immediately she arose and ministered unto them".
How did Jesus know what case that had to do with spirit. please Mr Seun have you heard of the Holy Spirit? without the Spirit of God we can do nothing.

Acts 13:9-11
then Saul, who was also called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked straight at Elymas and said, 10 "You are a child of the devil and an enemy of everything that is right! You are full of all kinds of deceit and trickery. Will you never stop perverting the right ways of the Lord?
to answer you question we know through the Holy Spirit who leaves in us.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Earthkumy(m): 9:55pm On Nov 19, 2016
Scholar8200:
Now, Earthkumy, consider the analysis below and kindly share your thoughts:

Jesus had 12 disciples who were Israelites and He never bade them deal with ancestral curses. However, hear what he said to those who rejected Him:

29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.

31 [size=14pt]Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.[/size]

32 [size=18pt]Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.[/size]

33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Matthew 23:29-35

Now these are my points:

1. The pharisees appeared to be doing a good or perhaps remedial action but it only made them more guilty;Why? they had the sin of unbelief(Major cause of condemnation John 3:18)
2. The eligibility of the pharisees to be partakers of an inherited judgement stemmed not from what they tried to do to exonerate themselves but their rejection of Christ and unbelief.
3. The disciples who were at the scene were neither referenced openly as being also guilty being Israelites, nor exhorted privately to do something to be free. Why? They believed on Jesus and were free from condemnation, Jesus also pronounced them clean.
4.Vs 32 shows that they, by their self-invented conciliatory measures (whole persisting in unbelief) were linking themselves as partakers of the sin of the perpetrators.

What am I driving at?
1. The sting of death (ultimate curse of the law) is sin; if a Christian is having these issues, the first inclination should not be deliverance but examination in His Presence. Just as unbelief (a great sin) made the pharisees able partakers of their fathers' sins and the curse it deserved, there might be certain sins that may be unchecked in the believer's life. It may not be deliberate, active sin. Perhaps an outstanding restitution, holding back from giving ourselves God (due to unbelief), withdrawing consecration once made, unwitting participation in the sin of others etc
-David had a 3-year famine thank God he inquired of God and saw that there was an unmitigated injustice to be rectified;
-Joshua lost a battle thank God he humbled himself before God and saw that a member of the church had flouted God's express word;
-Jehoshaphat's investment failed because he maintained unequal yoke with a sinner not because he was Asa's son. etc

Are these similar to the action of the Pharisees? NO! the Pharisees rejected the Lord and busied themselves with what was neither commanded in the law of Moses nor revelations of the prophets.

2. Ignorance (in-law to unbelief). God said His people are in captivity not because the enemies are stronger or that they have a legal right but because His people were ignorant.

I am here to learn.
i will advise you to read the massage, reply if you still do not understand

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by accountbalance: 10:12pm On Nov 19, 2016
Seun:
It depends on the reason for not graduating in each case. If you have an example, give us the details so we can explain it to you properly. smiley

Goodluck to you on re-orientation of these gullible people's mindset. This is actually where most of the problem we have in Nigeria stems from.

Everyday I see people living their lives based on archaic superstitions and believes.

For instance, my educated aunt almost lost her life while giving birth in a church because she thought some evil spirit in the family were after her unborn child so she refused to go for antenatal. Of course, the poor foetus died due to unhealthy delivery.

I really love the way you are trying to open people's mind to critical thinking but I just don't know if it's possible to correct so many people's thought. People's mind have been really messed up in this part of the world, no thanks to our pastors and prophets.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Earthkumy(m): 12:30am On Nov 20, 2016
when i read some comments is obvious that many do not read before commenting, they will just see topic and rush in and start's commenting out of point, i don't know if it is out of intellectual laziness or over zealouness.

7 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Acidosis(m): 6:48am On Nov 20, 2016
accountbalance:

Goodluck to you on re-orientation of these gullible people's mindset. This is actually where most of the problem we have in Nigeria stems from.

Everyday I see people living their lives based on archaic superstitions and believes.

For instance, my educated aunt almost lost her life while giving birth in a church because she thought some evil spirit in the family were after her unborn child so she refused to go for antenatal. Of course, the poor foetus died due to unhealthy delivery.

I really love the way you are trying to open people's mind to critical thinking but I just don't know if it's possible to correct so many people's thought. People's mind have been really messed up in this part of the world, no thanks to our pastors and prophets.

Go to the internet, and type "generational curses". 99.9% of the results you'll get aren't from Nigeria or posted by Nigerians.

Most of you folks are simply ignorant, always quick to point fingers at Nigerians for being religious. You think Nigerians invented religion? and generational curses? Go to the internet and learn a global trend.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ancestral Curses by accountbalance: 11:34am On Nov 20, 2016
Earthkumy:
when i read some comments is obvious that many do not read before commenting, they will just see topic and rush in and start's commenting out of point, i don't know if it is out of intellectual laziness or over zealouness.

My point is that there is nothing like ancestral curses. The example I gave there is to show you that those beliefs only exist in your mind and the earlier you get rid of them, the better for you. I have seen first hand how those wrong beliefs have destroyed things hence my comment.

Hope am no longer out of point smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ancestral Curses by GossipHeart(m): 12:24pm On Nov 20, 2016

Things i don't believe in

*God

*Satan

*Heaven

*Bible

*Any Religion

*Voodoo

*Juju/Charms

*Evil spirits

*Ancestral curses

An example : If God exists or prayer works, Nigeria is the most spiritual and most God loving country in the world,
Why isn't Nigeria greater than the most sinful, most evil, most corrupt country in the world (USA)??

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ancestral Curses by candidbabe(f): 12:25pm On Nov 20, 2016
Yes I believe ancestral curses are real. Examples: curses from the fathers house, curses from the mothers house. Curses from the community that hinders people from progressing.

6 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Curses by henrydadon(m): 12:25pm On Nov 20, 2016
where are the elder on this forum we need you

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Alariwo2: 12:25pm On Nov 20, 2016
yes

just like some families produce prophets in the bible called sons of the prophets (they see everything and anything). That can be seen in the story of Elijah and Elisha

Also some individuals have the gift of tongue just like Balaam who was arrested by God on his way to curse the children of isreal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Liveair: 12:26pm On Nov 20, 2016
Never.
The earlier you believed less in the Spiritual, the faster you emancipate yourself.

4 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Dymaco(m): 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
yes and it do happen.
most at times the crime committed by our parents use to hunt the children. just like in Enugu community where married woman runs mad if he sleeps with other men

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Holamidhe(m): 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
This place is dedicated to every human being suffering from ANCESTRAL CURSES ....

2 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Gift101(m): 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
Seun:

Bro u don't know things about this life beyond the ordinary. I've witness people falling under the anionting of God and i've confirmed that it's real.

2 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
"I started praying so much at midnights, and I was having attacks both physically and spiritually, sometimes I will see spirits in my room, I will pray and cast them out."

That line is a dead give away sign that you so delusional prior to religion and the Africa superstitious beliefs.

Tell me, how the HECK do you see spirits you cast out from your room?

Have you ever heard of the term De Javu and how the mind play tricks on an individual prior to their believe, guess what? you In that matrix. The only way out is to face your irrational fears which emanates from your backward beliefs (Religion, Ancestral curse etc). Socrates once said...."An unexamined life is not worth living" and so when you examine your life and rid yourself of all those believes then you would begin to see things from a different positive and mundane perspective.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Jengem: 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
I mean look at Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
Ancestral curses were inventions of the witch doctors of old
Pastors in Nigeria took it up where the witch doctors left off
as part of the diagnosis they use to rip people off

5 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Curses by steppin: 12:29pm On Nov 20, 2016
Food for atheists.

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by Acekidc4(m): 12:30pm On Nov 20, 2016
Bleep No, that's poor lame man thinking!!

Aint believe those poor mental shiit

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Curses by EmmaOgbu(m): 12:30pm On Nov 20, 2016
B

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mistake a Born Again should never make / Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? / The Church Might Be Leading You To Hell- Etcetera Writes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.