Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Do Gynecologist Get Tempted By Their Patients? Read Some Interesting Experiences - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do Gynecologist Get Tempted By Their Patients? Read Some Interesting Experiences (1660 Views)

Preserve Your Sperm & Eggs For Future - Gynecologist Advises Career Ladies, Men / Your Vagina Should Smell And If Your Man Doesn't Like It DUMP Him, Gynecologist / Men, Would You Allow Your Gynecologist Friend Attend To Your Pregnant Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Gynecologist Get Tempted By Their Patients? Read Some Interesting Experiences by bstringz(m): 12:39pm On Nov 19, 2016
I have always wondered how gynecologist cope with a profession that requires you starring down a woman/man(s) privates half the time…. It should be such a herculean task right? Who would marry and trust someone like that? So i did a little research to get answers from the net of some gynecologist… Their answers are quite interesting and should also be able to quench your curiousity

This is a question I have been asked by my friends who are not in the medical profession quite a few times.

First off, being a gynaecologist is an interest, a passion and lastly a job.

I am always thinking of the following things when I meet a patient:

How do I obtain a clear history, which specific questions can I ask her which will help me arrive at a diagnosis?
How can I show her that I genuinely care about her problems?
What would be the easiest and most informative examination/test to find out the cause of her problem?
How can I explain my opinions in a way that she would understand and not get confused?
In other words – I’m being professional.

In the 17-odd years I’ve done this job I have not thought of any patient in an unprofessional fashion. I have dealt with histrionic personalities who flirted with me very openly. I’ve had one woman writing letters to my home even! I’ve simply laughed it all away. When I look back at my career I don’t recall any “pretty” patients, only the ones where I felt good about helping them battle a serious condition and the loud, dramatic, abusive patients. Oh, yes! Some of them can be very abusive!

In my career I have not met any male gynaecologist who has confessed to having feelings, sexual or otherwise, towards their patients. And believe me I have worked with close to 300 gynaecologists (about 40% were male I’d guess).

I did hear of someone getting reported for making an inappropriate comment while examining a patient but the truth was the poor chap’s language skills were at fault. English was a foreign language to him and he got into trouble and there was an investigation into the episode and he got suspended but did not face any further charges.

I do read news items about some gynaecologists assaulting patients under the guise of examining them and I always feel puzzled and disturbed by their actions.

Another answer
I am a woman and when I examine men I have never been attracted to one or felt “tempted”. I am busy, I am thinking about the presenting problem or diagnosis, I have a job to do. Men have flirted in the past and it just exasperates me. I can’t speak for all medical providers, and I am sure it happens sometimes, but generally I think it’s not only unethical, it’s unlikely that the vast majority of medical providers are ever attracted to patients. For pete’s sake…you only see them for about 10 minutes! (Another problem)

So this is one case it actually happened

He is a former Brazilian physician Dr. Roger Abdelmassih.

Want to know what monstruosities he did?

He sedated female patients pretending to have an exam on them, and performed sexual intercourse without the patient consent. He was an expert on human reproduction and lots of women went to get his help to get pregnant.

He was sentenced to 278 years in prison for 52 confirmed rape and 39 attempted sexual abuses on women.

Someone also spoke from the “patient” point of view

I speak as a patient. I recently spent several months in a foreign country, one with a culture more conservative than in some western countries. While there, I visited a male gynecologist because I needed help and, it turns out, surgery. Towards the end of my visits with him, as I was preparing to leave the area, my gynecologist asked me to give him some advise and suggested we talk over dinner. He took me to dinner a few times. I noticed him checking me out once in a while and got the distinct impression he was interested in the possibility of romance. I realized that this man may have been attracted to me while I was his patient. It was all pretty innocent, but it makes me think that, sure, doctors may be attracted to their patients sometimes, and that seems natural and okay as long as they remain professional.

Well those are the experiences of gynecologist and patients alike… Hope i was able to satisfy your curiousity? If you came here to read a raunchy doctor-patient sex story, sorry to disappoint

Source: http://truenaijayarn.com/gynecologist-get-tempted-women-examine-answers-youd-find-interesting/

Re: Do Gynecologist Get Tempted By Their Patients? Read Some Interesting Experiences by bstringz(m): 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2016

1 Like

Re: Do Gynecologist Get Tempted By Their Patients? Read Some Interesting Experiences by Peterpanny: 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2016
Yes
Re: Do Gynecologist Get Tempted By Their Patients? Read Some Interesting Experiences by talktonase(m): 12:57pm On Nov 19, 2016
Heeee tis not eazyy oh! Chai different kind kpekus in your face for 17yrs.If nah me nah steady night mares I go dey get! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Do Gynecologist Get Tempted By Their Patients? Read Some Interesting Experiences by decatalyst(m): 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2016
I beg we are not kids... Cold bobo will not help grin grin

Nah person wey got caught be thief ooo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help Any Gyneacologist? / Look At A 9 Year Old Fitness Level / 30days Beauty Secrets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.