Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

IS Ivf(in Vitro Fertilisation) A Sin? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / IS Ivf(in Vitro Fertilisation) A Sin? (1269 Views)

IVF Nigerian Babies: Twins, Triplets, Quadruplets (Pictured) / Cost Of IVF In Nigeria: All You Need To Know / My Husband Donated His Sperm For IVF Without My Consent -nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IS Ivf(in Vitro Fertilisation) A Sin? by yungbillionaire(m): 9:02pm On Nov 19, 2016
IVF is the process of fertilization by manually combining an egg and sperm in a laboratory dish, and then transferring the embryo to the uterus..okay, this is simply put, an artificial way of getting pregnant that is somewhat different from hoe god originally designed.

So my question is...is it a sin to do it?

i believe this is a forum of learning so please i'll appreciate reasonable contributions with facts, because i believe this may be taunting so many families as it is taunting me..thank you all and God bless.
Re: IS Ivf(in Vitro Fertilisation) A Sin? by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 20, 2016
-

1 Like

Re: IS Ivf(in Vitro Fertilisation) A Sin? by teemy(m): 7:01pm On Nov 20, 2016
were it to be a sin i trust the bible would have adequately mentioned it. remember the jews of the new testament trying to yoke the converted gentiles with the law of moses. it is worse when the sin coiner is a religious head. toothpaste is unnatural
Re: IS Ivf(in Vitro Fertilisation) A Sin? by thorpido(m): 7:40am On Nov 21, 2016
teemy:
were it to be a sin i trust the bible would have adequately mentioned it. remember the jews of the new testament trying to yoke the converted gentiles with the law of moses. it is worse when the sin coiner is a religious head. toothpaste is unnatural
Lol@toothpaste is unnatural.

Op,the bible doesn't address it.It would have been expressly stated if it was a grave sin.
It's religious people who imagine things and make doctrines out of it.

1 Like

Re: IS Ivf(in Vitro Fertilisation) A Sin? by teemy(m): 7:53am On Nov 21, 2016
thorpido:

It's religious people who imagine things and make doctrines out of it.
i detest when manipulators try to zombie people in the name of religion even to the extent of finding new sins between married folks.
Re: IS Ivf(in Vitro Fertilisation) A Sin? by glimpse(f): 8:33am On Nov 21, 2016
IVF isn't a sin. The Bible say in the last days, knowledge would increase. I guess God increase the person who discovered IVF's knowledge so that some people would stop disturbing Him with prayers for children. God has made things easy now, and people are still complaining. Is wa for humans o.

Why not ask if transferring money through the bank to someone in another state is a sin? You should as well trek to the state to give the person money na.
Some people sha.

1 Like

Re: IS Ivf(in Vitro Fertilisation) A Sin? by TheArchangel(f): 10:01am On Nov 21, 2016
Yes, it is a sin same way having sex to conceive is a sin.

Psalm 51 something.....""in sin did my mother conceived me and sh!t""

They are all sins. Eating , drinking, fvcking, shatting etc. In short, anything that makes life easy is a sin like using a phone to call, browse and source for information. You need to send birds with your letter attached to their legs and wait till eternity for feedback....What am I saying sef

2 Likes

Re: IS Ivf(in Vitro Fertilisation) A Sin? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 21, 2016
Are you trying to play 'God'?
Re: IS Ivf(in Vitro Fertilisation) A Sin? by keepingmum: 3:46pm On Nov 21, 2016
i didnt realise having children is a sin
Re: IS Ivf(in Vitro Fertilisation) A Sin? by yungbillionaire(m): 7:40pm On Nov 21, 2016
Yieldings:
Some people have problems with it because:

-Fertilization occurs outside the body - in a glass dish and not in a woman's fallopian tube, so they see it as unnatural.

-The process of IVF involves fertilizing a number of eggs (usually a dozen) and only the most viable few are implanted, and the rest are disposed off. Some people liken this to abortion, which they're against.

-Note: The Bible does not address it directly, but many Christians are against it due to the above reasons:

-Thanks to science, couples with fertility issues (who have tried other means or treatments but were unsuccessful) can undergo assisted reproductive procedures like IVF and have children. It's a personal decision and it's nobody's place to judge.

Sure, i totally understand you...i was just thinking in a different direction, of course i'm not judging, i'm just asking questions.
Re: IS Ivf(in Vitro Fertilisation) A Sin? by yungbillionaire(m): 7:42pm On Nov 21, 2016
AfroSisi:
Are you trying to play 'God'?

who am i to play God?...i'm just being curios and no the curiosity wont kill dis cat.
Re: IS Ivf(in Vitro Fertilisation) A Sin? by Exponental(m): 7:59pm On Nov 21, 2016
If it is a sin, then, Caesarian Section is a sin.
Lemme share a life experience I heard. A lady was advised to deliver via CS, her family said NO. She laboured and delivered. Unfortunately, placenta did not come out. She went into coma.... Her family approved an operation to bring out the placenta. After it was brought out, she died.
I'm not mocking the dead or her family but modern medicine (though may be abused) has been improved for continuous existence of the human race.

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Is Not Proud Of Me, She Is Just Too Plain, Too Emotionless- Man Shares M / The Story Of Sarah Baartman ( Viewers Discretion) / Who Is The "CLOWN" In Your Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.