Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,088 members, 7,814,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

5 Mistakes Every Worship Leader Makes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Mistakes Every Worship Leader Makes (1463 Views)

Hillsong Worship Leader Denounces His Faith As Christian, Says I’m Genuinely Los / Gospel Singer Steve Crown Sends A Strong And Important Message To Worship Leader / Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Mistakes Every Worship Leader Makes by kinkonp: 4:35am On Nov 20, 2016
All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee; they shall sing to thy name. Selah (Psalm 66:4).

In my life, I have had the honor and opportunity to lead worship in many different settings. From Camp Meetings, Conferences, Youth Rallies, Campus Ministries, mid-week Bible Studies, and prayer meetings, to church on Sundays. I’ve seen and experienced a lot. To all my worship leader friends out there, don’t be discouraged. God is using you to make a difference in the lives of His people. We know what it feels like to miss the key change and feel foolish, give the wrong sign and be embarrassed, or sing your heart out and feel like everyone is just watching you for mere entertainment purposes. In the midst of the chaos, feelings of inadequacy, and time management, I want to remind you that what you do is Biblical, and is making a world of difference in your church and in your district.

And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army… (2 Chronicles 20:21).

When the armies raged against King Jehoshaphat, the Bible says he only did one thing. If you were to listen it would not sound like what you would expect it to sound like. You would not hear the sharpening of spears, the building of shields, or the wielding of swords, you would only hear appointed singers stepping out in front of an army of thousands determined to destroy them.

And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten (2 Chronicles 20:22).

Never forget the importance of your appointed music ministry. God intends to use your WORSHIP to turn the armies of the enemy against one another. God will fight our battles for us!

I would like to quickly mention five mistakes every worship leader makes. How do I know? I know because I’ve made every single one of these mistakes at some point in my music ministry. Here we go!

1. THE PRESSURE MISTAKE
Don’t put so much pressure on yourself! It is common for a passionate and good-hearted worship leader to feel like the buck stops with them. They feel like a failure if people refuse to enter into the presence of God. Guess what? The buck doesn’t stop with you. Whatever the sword called “PRAISE” can’t cut through will be pierced by an even sharper two-edged sword, the Word of God! Don’t be so hard on yourself!

2. THE HINDERANCE MISTAKE

…he causeth his wind to blow, and the waters flow (Psalm 147:18).

Praise, Worship, and the Word have a way of melting the hardest of hearts. When the winds of the Spirit begin to blow you have to be prayed up, and ready to flow. Let’s face it, if you’re a Pentecostal church, things probably won’t go as planned. Beware of sticking to the “Order of Service”. There are times when the Holy Ghost wants to take over, and the worship leader can determine the life or death of that service. Are you HELPING the flow or HINDERING it?

3. THE ARROGANCE MISTAKE

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall (Proverbs 16:18).

At some point, you had a great worship service and somebody made your day with compliments, but believe me, there’s nothing worse than an arrogant Worship Leader. Arrogance cannot lead anyone into the presence of God. Don’t make this mistake, you’ll be humbled very soon if you do… trust me.

4. THE LONE RANGER MISTAKE
Being out front all the time can make you feel secluded and isolated. Don’t separate yourself from your praise team/musicians/choir! You need them and they need you. We’re leading people into worship TOGETHER! I have no desire to go into battle by myself, do you?

5. THE “EVERYTHING OR NOTHING” MISTAKE
Some worship leaders like slow songs. Some like fast songs. I have often seen what I call “Everything or nothing” worship leaders. These types of Worship Leaders think if every song isn’t a shout down, red-faced, stomp the devil, worship service that they didn’t actually have church that day. Some are reversed and feel every service should be a Kari Jobe, cry your eyes out, fall on your face worship session. ALL these things are necessary, but let us not forget human nature and moderation. If God wants the Worship service to go a certain way, get out of the way, and let God have His way. Plan for everything, but just because EVERYTHING didn’t happen, doesn’t mean NOTHING happened. God works in many ways on the hearts of His people through WORSHIP.

What would you add to this list?

https://aimtoget.com/board/Others/5-Mistakes-Every-Worship-Leader-Makes.454.html

Re: 5 Mistakes Every Worship Leader Makes by osumak2: 5:30am On Nov 20, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Mistakes Every Worship Leader Makes by Nobody: 6:10am On Nov 20, 2016
Yup,

Don't get worked up when some people don't stand up, jump around like you want them to. Everyone has their way of relating to God.
Re: 5 Mistakes Every Worship Leader Makes by Davash222(m): 6:14am On Nov 20, 2016
The only mistake is when start this song: 'somebody say Baba, Baba,'

Reminds me of Sai baba.
Re: 5 Mistakes Every Worship Leader Makes by psucc(m): 6:30am On Nov 20, 2016
Op it nice reading this piece this morning.

I will want to add that singing praise or worship to God is strictly a spiritual exercise. It is not efficacious until it is done under the influence and leadership of the Holy Spirit.

By then, the atmosphere will be filled with power for the presence of the Almighty is come. Men shall be liberated, yokes broken, miracles take place and people drawn to God.

May God help us to find the 'Old Path' in Jesus name Amen.
Re: 5 Mistakes Every Worship Leader Makes by sweetval: 6:35am On Nov 20, 2016
The poster above me don complete am.. Nice post op
Re: 5 Mistakes Every Worship Leader Makes by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 20, 2016
May the Lord ARISE on our praises
Re: 5 Mistakes Every Worship Leader Makes by ScienceWatch: 2:06am On Jan 14, 2017
Here Jesus Christ explains who he is and why He came into the world.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the True God, but by me.

Joh 17:18 What I was sent into the world to do, I also sent them into the world to do the same.

Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor, not their elaborate speeches, conferences and motivational speeches. Joh 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the miracles/ WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater (more) miracles/WORKS than these shall you do; because I must soon go unto my Father.

Today, the whole world is blessed to have the evidence of Jesus’ WORKS Biblically and scientifically verified in the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria and on Emmanuel TV.
Re: 5 Mistakes Every Worship Leader Makes by ScienceWatch: 2:07am On Jan 14, 2017
Here Jesus Christ explains why the miracles/WORKS are a vital part of the complete Gospel that a pastor is commanded to take to all the world. It is so that we will be so amazed at the love of God and His miraculous solutions for our suffering, that we will believe and no longer doubt the Son of God. He has proven himself to us !

Joh 5:20 For the true God loves the Son, and shows Him all miracles that He does: and He will show me greater miracles/WORKS than these, so that you may be amazed and believe.

Joh 5:21 For as the true God raise up the dead, and give them life; even so the Son gives life to whom he will.

Joh 5:22 For the true God judge no man, but has committed all judgment unto the Son:

Joh 5:24 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that understand what I am saying and doing, and believes in God that sent me, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto eternal life.

(1) (Reply)

How The Irunmole Will Separate The Sheep From The Goat? / Catholicism / Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.