Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,363 members, 7,957,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:26 AM

Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. (1509 Views)

Reactions As David Hundeyin Call Jehovah’s Witness A Religious Cult / A True Atheist Or Sceptic Will Believe In Afterlife / Why Is There Something Rather than Nothing.... Let's Talk Philosophical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 22, 2017
Upon several contemplations,and deliberations,I hereby create this thread to share my religious scepticism experience,thoughts,and if possible journey story.To some people that might have undergone or currently undergoing the experience I am about to share,you can as well share your views based on my writings.This thread is not for disproving any belief,it is not for arguments,bashings,and irrelevant discussion which is not in line with anything i share here.Address only what i share here.All views are welcome anyway..
Note:I might as well share some people thoughts/writing that i agree with.Pls,don't derail this thread so as not to make me order massive thunderbolt from amadioha shrine to fire you,lol.

modified...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 22, 2017
Cc. wilgrea7 pastorAio agentofallah Loj...
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 22, 2017
I don't even know how to go about this,and where to start from sef...i am not good at articulating my thoughts and especially writing it succinctly,i will try sha.let me stop this rambling of my dilemma and go straight to the purpose of this thread jare...
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
In the begining,I was a devoted muslim,from being a muslim to a devoted christian,gradually became a liberal or agnostic christian,reverted to being a few days non-practising muslim,and currently irreligious...
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 22, 2017
Many of what i will be sharing are exclusively my thoughts and experience which i started penning down a month ago,i will be specifying thoughts which are not mine in my subsequent posts by writing it in blue.
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by MizMyColi(f): 7:46pm On Sep 22, 2017
tundexweb:
Upon several contemplations,and deliberations,I hereby create this thread to share my religious scepticism experience,thoughts,and if possible journey story.To some people that might have undergone or currently undergoing the experience I am about to share,you can as well share your views based on my writings.This thread is not for disproving any belief,it is not for arguments,bashings,and irrelevant discussion which is not in line with anything i share here.Address only what i share here..
Note:I might as well share some people thoughts that i agree with. Pls,don't derail this thread so as not to make me order massive thunderbolt from amadioha shrine to fire you,lol.

grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
Mizmycoli,you are welcome,a great personality that i silently admire,i have gone through a large chunk of ur post,i even re-search ur name this evening via google to search for ur diary,though i' ve been searching 4 it but it seems it has gone with nairaland tsunami.updates coming...
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 22, 2017
I have undergone what i could term psychology trauma during my religious scepticism or spiritual journey.And the worst agony,anxiety,despair...i will ever experince is during this same journey.
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 22, 2017
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 22, 2017
This airtel network is something else,i've been trying to update since but i am restricted due to bad network.
I want to change the thread title to diary of a religious sceptic only but i am unable to do so...

I don't want to make a mistake,i don't want to choose a wrong path,i don't want to have a wrong belief that might put my eternal soul in jeopardy-this among every other thing prompt my religious scepticism journey...
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by MizMyColi(f): 9:37pm On Sep 22, 2017
Hello Tunde smiley
Your compliment is well received. Thank you smiley smiley smiley

About my diary...
I had it deleted.
I just couldn't bear reading some of the tings I wrote. I evolved, I think.

About your Journey....
Well, I'm following your thread.

I'll just quip at this point that you should free your mind.
Commit yourself to the path of the Divine....your source.
Then just let go. Trustfully let go.
See Him in all, whether God or bad; under or below.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Wilgrea7(m): 11:51pm On Sep 22, 2017
present Sire

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 3:51am On Sep 23, 2017
@MizMycoli,before now the idea of commiting my self to the path you aforementioned is usually weird and unpalatable to me(no thanks to indoctrination).if i may ask,how can i kickstart threading on this path?thanks for the advise.@wilgrea7,you are welcome sire.
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 4:21am On Sep 23, 2017
Until now,I used to have an heavy heart and felt like all the world is on me during my religious scepticism journey...

I reason to discern understanding about religious beliefs.
I can't just believe God will damn me for reasoning,and thinking critically to discern or know the true belief system that he recommended for humanity.

>>>
So far,i have read countless number of article,writings,books and many more about religious beliefs/religion - i don't do this to win cheap point against the theist,to brag,or to find excuses to discard my religious beliefs but to discern the truth about religious beliefs.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by hopefulLandlord: 4:28am On Sep 23, 2017
I've bought this plot of land smiley

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 4:47am On Sep 23, 2017
Over the years,I am more concerned about the purported after-life and what my fate will be,this has been my priority,and i lately realize that my earnest concern about this is detrimental to my living in the present...
>>>>
I am so pre-occupied with knowing the truth and my thougths about religious beliefs,whereas my age group are less concern about this.
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 4:55am On Sep 23, 2017
I have been living in a world of my own mind,excluding those who are dearest to me.
I am always engross with my thoughts on religious beliefs(especially christian belief),afterlife,God etc.
I woke up everyday depressed,and obsessed with my thougths and negative discoverings about religious/christian beliefs.
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 5:03am On Sep 23, 2017
Since the inception of my journey,i don't usually come to authoritative,assuring or convincing conclusion against religious beliefs eventhough,i can see corroborating evidences and reasons to do so without feeling remorseful but i choose not to.
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 5:18am On Sep 23, 2017
Let me quickly chip in this,to those that will be reading or commenting on this thread,i have the below for you.
>>>
Love and relate with me based on who i am;i am a human beign with feelings like you,i am harmless,i am lovely to be with,i am sincere,honest and upright)and not based on my belief,unbelief,and opinions because,there are circumstances which is beyond me and my control which shape my belief,unbelief and opinion about life.So,give me grace.
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 5:26am On Sep 23, 2017
At times,i will just be like;God(not knowing which God in particular),why do you create me to face and undergo this heart wrenching experience and at the end meet myself in hell?(which i later realize that it is seemingly unreal).
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 23, 2017
Open mindedness,critical study with unbias mind,wanting to know know the truth no matter where it might lead to are my watchwords...
>>>
I have took it upon myself to study religion,religious beliefs,religious books and writings etc. not to counter it but to know some underlying truth.And i don't think there is any monopoly of truth concerning religious beliefs.
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2017
Busy...will update later...
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by MizMyColi(f): 10:38pm On Sep 23, 2017
Thank you for your compliments, Tunde.

The clarity you seek, you shall find.

You've just got to learn to be still.
Quieten your mind.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 23, 2017
MizMyColi:
Thank you for your compliments, Tunde.
The clarity you seek, you shall find.
You've just got to learn to be still. Quieten your mind.
Okay.Thanks ma' am.
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 23, 2017
With deep sincerity i have asked,with deep humility i have seeked from God just to know the truth.
---
God(eventhough i don't know whom i should address to in particular among the gods but i am addressing this to the creator of this universe),i don't bargain for this,i have pleadingly,sincerely,honestly,and humbly ask u to reveal the truth to me but it seems you are not aware of my plight,why the silence God!
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 23, 2017
I abandoned the christian faith when i realized/discovered that its claims are likely not to be true.
---
The Bible aid my journey into the christian faith and it is among the reasons i left it.
Note:Not the Bible in particular but the discrepancies,errors,unreliable and untrue claims therein...

---
The Bible lead me to Jesus and also lead me away from him.
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 23, 2017
Below is the first musing i penned down in my journal.
Just take the sin concept from christian theology and see it crumbling.
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 23, 2017
I don't question God - who am i to even question my creator,i only question what people claimed he said.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by mumumugu(m): 2:55am On Sep 24, 2017
tundexweb:
In the begining,I was a devoted muslim,from being a muslim to a devoted christian,gradually became a liberal or agnostic christian,reverted to being a few days non-practising muslim,and currently irreligious...
[center]
tundexweb:
[/center]
tundexweb:
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by mumumugu(m): 3:03am On Sep 24, 2017
tundexweb:
Mizmycoli,you are welcome,a great personality that i silently admire,i have gone through a large chunk of ur post,i even re-search ur name this evening via google to search for ur diary,though i' ve been searching 4 it but it seems it has gone with nairaland tsunami.updates coming...

hey, leave that babe,I . love am pass you. opposite attract intelligent babes likely her are attracted to mumu like me
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by mumumugu(m): 3:10am On Sep 24, 2017
tundexweb:
@MizMycoli,before now the idea of commiting my self to the path you aforementioned is usually weird and unpalatable to me(no thanks to indoctrination).if i may ask,how can i kickstart threading on this path?thanks for the advise.@wilgrea7,you are welcome sire.

take your time is she the only one here , say your story without mentioning her name, or you want to use ur story to toast her abi
Re: Diary Of A Religious Sceptic Coupled With His Philosophical Musings. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 24, 2017
mumumugu:

take your time is she the only one here , say your story without mentioning her name, or you want to use ur story to toast her abi
Lol.Toast Ke..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet Who Predicted Trump's Win Is Now Prophesying About The Fate Of Nigeria / Stop Them Before They Stop You / Thread For Believers In The Finished Work Of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.