Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,693 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Mercy Rocks Her New Look - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Rocks Her New Look (6236 Views)

Davido’s Daughter Shows Off Swag As She Rocks Her Dad’s Baseball Cap (photos) / Genevieve Nnaji rocks Her Natural Hair (photos) / Genevieve Rocks Her Natural Hair - Cute or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by Radiant(f): 12:21am On Nov 06, 2009
Who still wears red hair? OMD!
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by mohawkchic(f): 2:46am On Nov 06, 2009
[size=13pt]~She does rock the Short hair. . .Not keen on the colour tho. . Orangutan-ish grin[/size]
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by spikedcylinder: 5:43am On Nov 06, 2009
mohawkchic:

[size=13pt]~She does rock the Short hair. . .Not keen on the colour tho. . [size=25pt]Orangutan-ish [/size]grin[/size]

LOL! grin cheesy
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by sexyLeamon(f): 5:45am On Nov 06, 2009
she's not looking bad. she look alright.
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by lemmycop: 2:06pm On Nov 06, 2009
she's got a curve i wud die for over again tongue
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:25pm On Nov 06, 2009
i know you were poking fun at her but can we please stop with the "monkey" comments.
i dont know how many times an african will call another african a monkey because of the way they look.
i love you mohawkchic but please correct me if im wrong.
the majority of africa looks like her, and lets not be brainwashed by the western idea of beauty.
she does NOT look like a monkey.
and its NOT really directed at you but ALL THOSE who continue to parade around calling their own people monkeys.
sigh. . . *shakes head*
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by spikedcylinder: 3:27pm On Nov 06, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

i know you were poking fun at her but can we please stop with the "monkey" comments.
i dont know how many times an african will call another african a monkey because of the way they look.
the majority of africa looks like her, and lets not be brainwashed by the western idea of beauty.
and its really directed at you but ALL THOSE who continue to parade around calling their own people monkeys.
sigh. . . *shakes head*

You're gonna burst a brain cell at this rate.

The colour of her hair makes her look like an orang-utan, how is it that you have termed that racist? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:31pm On Nov 06, 2009
spikedcylinder:

You're gonna burst a brain cell at this rate.

The colour of her hair makes her look like an orang-utan, how is it that you have termed that racist? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

sigh. . .
im not gonna burst a brain cell spike lol cheesy
well it came across to me as another monkey comment, those are too common when discussing mercy.
but anyway i guess. . .
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 06, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

and its really directed at you but ALL THOSE who continue to parade around calling their own people monkeys.
sigh. . . *shakes head*

The very point I tried to get across in my previous post. I'm afraid we're fighting a losing battle though.
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by 9ja4eva: 8:06pm On Nov 06, 2009
Hot on the short hair
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 06, 2009
To say majority of Africans looks like her is far fetched. Although I think she isn't the best looking actress around I still give her kudos for standing up among all the supposedly beautiful ones.

Anyways I must warn her about her increasing weight. We are giving her kudos now but may she nor fall our hands.
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 06, 2009
She looks quite good.
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by Nnenna1(f): 8:30pm On Nov 06, 2009
michelin89:

To say majority of Africans looks like her is far fetched. Although I think she isn't the best looking actress around I still give her kudos for standing up among all the supposedly beautiful ones.

Anyways I must warn her about her increasing weight. We are giving her kudos now but may she nor fall our hands.

It is not - at least in West Africa. And, what is wrong if we look like that? I certainly do not think she's ugly. In fact, I'm willing to bet that she'd be certified a "dime piece" if she had light skin and light eyes because her facial features aren't so bad - her skin color is the turn off for some people, and as this is an African forum, I find that sad.
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 06, 2009
the funny thing is she does look far better than majority here. grin

Africans never cease to amaze me . . . we even discriminate according to skin color.
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 06, 2009
Nnenna1:

It is not - at least in West Africa. And, what is wrong if we look like that? I certainly do not think she's ugly. In fact, I'm willing to bet that she'd be certified a "dime piece" if she had light skin and light eyes because her facial features aren't so bad - her skin color is the turn off for some people, and as this is an African forum, I find that sad.

I didn't label it bad or good: I simply said it was exaggerated. Africa has so much variety. It's ignorant to say majority looks like this or like that. There is nothing like an African look. You either look like your mum or dad. What the heck is looking African?

Based on this we deny white people born and bred in Africa their due origins and heritage.
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by oge4real(f): 10:04pm On Nov 06, 2009
who advised her to wear dt colour?
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2009
michelin89:

I didn't label it bad or good: I simply said it was exaggerated. Africa has so much variety. It's ignorant to say majority looks like this or like that. There is nothing like an African look. You either look like your mum or dad. What the heck is looking African?

Based on this we deny white people born and bred in Africa their due origins and heritage.

Michelin, there is such a thing as an "African" look. When an an AA is described, sometimes the term "African" features is commonly used. Every race has their own distinctive appearance / characteristics. Pretty much like Hispanic, Oriental, Asian, Caucasian have their own unique appearance.

It's not uncommon to be able to differentiate between a German and Brit, Indonesian or Vietnamese, Lebanese and Polish, Nigerian and Somalian etc.

These people have one thing in common - colour. In most cases, that's about where the similarities end.
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 06, 2009
Big Bro I am just against this whole misconception of Africa as an ethnic group which is very wrong. Do we talk about an American look or European look?

Isn't it enough that those ignorant Americans think we are a country and not a continent? Must we contribute to that idea claiming things like African beauty, African features, African look??
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by chiogo(f): 10:44pm On Nov 06, 2009
davidylan:

the funny thing is she does look far better than majority here.  grin

Africans never cease to amaze me . . . we even discriminate according to skin color.
Lmao. I agree!!! The way these people talk ehn? you'd think they fell from heaven. Ah, the beauty of the internet.  grin

@topic, she looks good on short hair. She woulda looked even better on a bolder color.
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:01am On Nov 07, 2009
ahhhhhhh see now. . .
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by Nobody: 1:08am On Nov 07, 2009
Michelin, I understand where you're coming from.

But yes, other races are often described by their appearance. Again, it's not uncommon to hear one described as "he / she looked distinctly European", etc. Whether we agree or not, we generally have our own distinctive characteristics.

Even a skull or pelvis that's been exhumed after being in the ground for over 20 years gives an indication of what race the owner was, before he / she shuffled off this mortal core.
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by Nobody: 1:11am On Nov 07, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

and its NOT really directed at you but ALL THOSE who continue to parade around calling their own people monkeys.
sigh. . . *shakes head*
My dear, you couldnt have been more right wink
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by Nobody: 1:15am On Nov 07, 2009
some people act like monkeys, so its not always about the look.

neither is acting like a monkey race specific- its more of an individual thing.

case by case basis.

On the hair- I'd have preferred blonde. But thats just me.
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:20am On Nov 07, 2009
tpia.:

some people act like monkeys, so its not always about the look.

neither is acting like a monkey race specific- its more of an individual thing.

case by case basis.

On the hair- I'd have preferred blonde. But thats just me.
actually thats NOT what i was getting at.
people will actually say "she looks like a monkey" or not exactly in that quote, but most of the time its referring to her looks.
you ACT like a monkey, thats different.
but when people call her a "monkey" when describing her looks, there IS something wrong with that.
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by Nobody: 1:23am On Nov 07, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

actually thats NOT what i was getting at.
people will actually say "she looks like a monkey" or not exactly in that quote, but most of the time its referring to her looks.
you ACT like a monkey, thats different.
but when people call her a "monkey" when describing her looks, there IS something wrong with that.

well, you can either look like a monkey or act like one.

like i said, its not race specific.

neither did i see anyone calling her a monkey here.

orangutans do have that hair color, so no need to get sensitive. I read some woman's story once where she said she went to the zoo and her son exclaimed "that orangutans hair is the same color as yours",  she laughed it off but the boy was actually right.

I do see your point but anyway I feel blonde would have been better. even pink or blue.
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by Nobody: 1:26am On Nov 07, 2009
tpia.:

well, you can either look like a monkey or act like one.

like i said, its not race specific.

neither did i see anyone calling her a monkey here.

orangutans do have that hair color, so no need to get sensitive.

LMAO - Tpia, you're nuts! grin cheesy

I'm going to save those quotes, really funny.
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by mohawkchic(f): 1:40am On Nov 07, 2009
[size=13pt]~Whoah! Talk about Spinning a Yarn!! My comment had nuffin to do w/ her looks but the colour of her hair. . i didnt think it will be misconstrued!![/size]
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:43am On Nov 07, 2009
mohawkchic:

[size=13pt]~Whoah! Talk about Spinning a Yarn!! My comment had nuffin to do w/ her looks but the colour of her hair. . i didnt think it will be misconstrued!![/size]

yeah i later realized that.
but hey, that comment was still for all the people out there that continue to do it.
so no wahala intended. wink
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by mohawkchic(f): 1:46am On Nov 07, 2009
[size=13pt]~No Woories. . . wink[/size]
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by Radiant(f): 2:52am On Nov 10, 2009
davidylan:

Ain't that the gist these days! Pathetic.
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by asscend: 11:11pm On Nov 11, 2009
Mercy has cut her hair and earned money from it. How much have you earned from all the hair do's you have been doing? The answer is none. She is doing her job and her job discription demanded that she cut her hair for that role.
Nigerians, learn to appreciate your own and stop the bashing. Mercy Johnson is hot hot hot and guys cant deny that. All the bashing Mercy gets is from guys who really want her but cant get her. How different is she from Jennifer LOpez or other stars who flaunt their bodies or cut their hair? Do you also bash those ones?
Learn to celebrate Nigerian beauties who are doing a great job in different fields. Mercy is still the best in what she does.
Re: Mercy Rocks Her New Look by sweeti14(f): 11:18pm On Nov 11, 2009
she looks lyk Alek kwek(not sure of d spelling) in dat pic,no offence

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: Ex Miss World, Agbani Darego Flaunts Hottest & Sexiest Bikini Body Ever / Girl With The Big Boobz Video Come Out With New Pictures Showing All Her Breasts / Must See Photos Of Bobrisky's Luxury New 5-bedroom Duplex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.