Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,517 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues (17801 Views)

Check Out Tecno Droipad 7D Specifications And Price / Unboxing The Tecno Droipad 7D / Tecno Droipad 7D - Successor To The Droipad 7C Pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by Mobsync(m): 12:23pm On Nov 20, 2016
Proffdada:
find ur fact b4 jumping to conclusions
Infinix is owned by French sagem, while gionee is Indian

Tecno, Infinix and iTel are all owned by Transsion Holdings. I am not sure but it is very possible that they also own Gionee. I doubt this part but it might be true.
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by UjSizzle(f): 12:32pm On Nov 20, 2016
I'm yet to understand why you bought the same device twice.
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by LoveJesus87(m): 12:38pm On Nov 20, 2016
tolexy007:
Infinix anytime anyday, Tecno is a poo
says who Don't even try that. Tecno is extremely durable and rugged compared to other phones and there is nothing u find on other phones that you won't find on tecno. Tecno is WAYBETTER THAN INFINIX or whatever u call it. Infinix ko infinix ni. Am using exactly the same phone droipad 8 and am having NO issues with d charging at all. Am very much caught off guard to read about dis cos am using d same fone and der is NO single problem with d charging or whatsoever. At 42k dat I bought, my dear, I can only describe it as a complete steal.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by LoveJesus87(m): 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
Am using d same phone and really surprised to read about this. Am not having any issues at all with charging or whatsoever.
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by LoveJesus87(m): 12:42pm On Nov 20, 2016
VIPERVENOM:
oh really
ver correct. Am using d same phone and its a WOW. literally to 100% from 0% in 90mins or less. And it does NOT discharge fast at all. Honestly d phone dey surprise me. shocked
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 20, 2016
Am using techno droipad 7c pro from slot. And it's working well. Charges fast within one hour. No issues with it.
In the past have realised that if such phones fall to the ground like 3 times, the charging point will start having issues. So this time, I carry mine like egg grin
I love the phone

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by petermoblix: 1:01pm On Nov 20, 2016
Sori so touching,I have similar issue with my techno lik DAT 2,wen I was usin mine In d nite y d phone is plug I discover DAT my phone show charging but my % is decreasing instead of increase.nxt morning I wen to carlcare to get d original charge. But b4 Den I test other charger its was showin charging but no increase in %
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by ekanDamie: 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2016
mine for over a year now, works fairly. 5hours to charge. but apart from my personal mishandling of d device. it serves me well.
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by Smartlife(m): 1:44pm On Nov 20, 2016
Hmmm... It's two months I bought this Tecno droid pad 8 II and no issues. Praying not to experience your case story smiley
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by greggng: 2:44pm On Nov 20, 2016
Ur problem is called chinkoism. Figure that out. Go spend money buy apple product and ve Ur piece of mind
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by fashrola(m): 2:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
Mynd44:
Please help.

I am hoping someone can help me understand Tecno or at least tell me what to do. I got a Droipad 8 around April (from Slot) and it was a really good tab. I loved the fact that it had a wide screen, it has a huge battery capacitance (5,000mah) and it took just about 90 minutes to charge from 0-100% and I thought I had found a device that could do all I wanted and it did until a night in August.

I plugged the tab and was using it when suddenly, it went off. I did everything I knew to try to put it on to no avail. All through the night, it was off until the next morning when I plugged it and saw that it was charging, I thought it was just something I missed only to discovered that the tab did not speed charge anymore.

I took it to thr nearest Slot store as the phone was under Warranty and they said they will have to return it to technology and it will take a month. I could not afford to hand it over then as I will need a replacement so I continued using it even though charging it was hell until end of September when it stopped charging completely and went off.

I took it to Slot to send to Tecno and bought another one. This was early October.

Fast foward to yesterday, the new tab stopped charging too. This time, no speed charge and even normal charge is hell as the tab discharges faster than it charges and the old one according to Slot is not ready yet.

Please what can I do?

The problem is from the "follow come" Tecno charger... it can't power that TAB

Get Anker or Tronsmart USB and Charger and thank me later
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by spartacus11(m): 3:08pm On Nov 20, 2016
Damfostopper:
Thou urs is Techno droidpad 8H....but Am using Techno droidpad 8D... I bought mine August this year.... av not experienced Such on this 8D.... Dnt know about ur 8H

I'm using same phone 8D, since august or before. i am enjoying the Tab to the fullest, i think the Op should stop using generator to charge is phone, and also he should not use low voltage also to charge. thirdly he should not be charging his phone anywhere he dimes fit,

speaking from experience so my 8D i do not charge with gen, i charge my phone at home and fix to a particular socket i don't even move the charger around

1 Like

Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by spartacus11(m): 3:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
eezeribe:
Mynd44, I have been using tecno Droid8 which I bought since January this year, in fact I am using it to type right now. I have never experienced any charging port issue, the only problem with the tab is that it doesn't have quick charging. It takes five hours to charge from 0 to 100.but when fully charged, it doesn't run down easily, in fact I even blog with my tab and it doesn't fail me.
To address the issue of slow charging, I bought a Samsung fast charger and infinix Flash charger, and they both increase the charging time by up to 30%.
So maybe you should change the charging port and get a better charger because the so-called follow come is not so wonderful.

HAPPY SUNDAY
mine do have quick charge, as I'm using the charger that came with the phone, and its charging perfectly
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by spartacus11(m): 3:13pm On Nov 20, 2016
okwutency:
I am using Droid Pad 8 and have never experienced such... When the charging stuff happened with mine was when I used a non TECNO Droid pad 8 charger,itll be discharging instead of charging... Once I bought the TECNO carry come charger from TECNO office, it was rectified.
people will not say what dey did rong before their phone start malfunctioning or went totally bad.
good you found the solution when u discovered wat went wrong

1 Like

Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by spartacus11(m): 3:18pm On Nov 20, 2016
priceaction:
I have said it many times, techo phones are crap. Even gionee and infinix are much more better. I don't know why people keep wasting money on useless phones. If you need quality phones with better reviews, go to aliexpress and do your home work within the price range you want to spend, you will see good quality phones you can select from as long as it can be shipped to Nigeria. One phone I bought for someone as a gift almost a year now, homtom7 , with just less than 22k, has never give that person a single wahala despite of heavy usage.
If you have access to someone that can buy from US for you, go to swappa.com, you will never regret .
Even if you send the phone back, the hidden charges you will still spend to clear it later will be close to what you pay for. They will frustrate you until you give up.
so u mean the homtom7 dat d company produce no one don spoil since dey manufacture the phone abi.
for ur info i used same 8D and no complain working perfectly well

so d fact dat say Samsung note 7 begin catch fire those that make samsung poo

and i even have a samsung phone at home that will be charging itself without even plugging it for more than 4 months now, those this make Samsung poo?

so if op nor maintain he phone well or if the phone by itself begin malfunction even without op fault how those that change the fact that 8D is a wonderful phone.
op need solution
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by spartacus11(m): 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2016
eddyjasper:
Bought mine since October last year.... And is still doing great.... The battery still last a day and half. The only issue is that it takes about 4 . 5 hours to fully charge. May be you should change your charger... Had similar issue ones and I bought a good (2k) charger....
what happen to the charger that came with your phone, i need to dey guild my charher now oh.
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by Damfostopper(m): 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
spartacus11:

I'm using same phone 8D, since august or before. i am enjoying the Tab to the fullest, i think the Op should stop using generator to charge is phone, and also he should not use low voltage also to charge. thirdly he should not be charging his phone anywhere he dimes fit,

speaking from experience so my 8D i do not charge with gen, i charge my phone at home and fix to a particular socket i don't even move the charger around
exactly
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by spartacus11(m): 3:28pm On Nov 20, 2016
Gabrielo7125:
I don't know what u are talking about here oooo. I have been using my droidpad for a year now I can't even find one single fault in the device at all, am satisfied with the fone totally.
maybe it was over charged or something. most people let their fone drains out to 0% before charging they start using it again when its just 5% charging....
yeah u are right, mine has not develop any fault, and I'm totally in love with it, using it right now.
i charge once a day, and it is bad for one to be charging and using a Phone same time.
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by spartacus11(m): 3:34pm On Nov 20, 2016
Proffdada:
find ur fact b4 jumping to conclusions
Infinix is owned by French sagem, while gionee is Indian

do a little search Transsion Holdings is the parent company of tecno infinix and itel with othe electronics.

gionee is not among

they changed the name of the company from tecno mobile to Transsion Holdings in 2006
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by spartacus11(m): 3:35pm On Nov 20, 2016
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by kaymart: 3:45pm On Nov 20, 2016
eddyjasper:
Bought mine since October last year.... And is still doing great.... The battery still last a day and half. The only issue is that it takes about 4 . 5 hours to fully charge. May be you should change your charger... Had similar issue ones and I bought a good (2k) charger....

How much did u get yours. Around October, I tried getting it but was told it's out of market. I like d wide screen and the battery capacitance.
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by spartacus11(m): 3:45pm On Nov 20, 2016
petermoblix:
Sori so touching,I have similar issue with my techno lik DAT 2,wen I was usin mine In d nite y d phone is plug I discover DAT my phone show charging but my % is decreasing instead of increase.nxt morning I wen to carlcare to get d original charge. But b4 Den I test other charger its was showin charging but no increase in %

why will u use a phone why its plug to the power outlet, its not advisable no matter the brand of the phone.
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by wolexanda(m): 4:21pm On Nov 20, 2016
I you can actually experience that with any android phone, I also, sinceuse techno pad7 of which I face same problem after 9months of usage. At a certain time I allowed it to went off while using it, it me a lot of effort to wake it back. Since then I don't allow it to went off again, ounce the battery get low best thing is to switch it off because if you don't some app working secretly will make it off by itself and it a problem to wake it, they all select charger a lot, the so call local engineers also open it to spoil it because they told me that I need to change the inbuilt battery. If you can get itel charger that came with a new small phone will charge it fine, you can also uninstall some powerful app on the pad.
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by abrahamzy: 7:41pm On Nov 20, 2016
herzernIsHere:

MR MAN....
Work on Your Spellings.....

lol,nairalanders sef
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by onyedika946(m): 8:13pm On Nov 20, 2016
Sorry bro, just go buy another one, if symptoms persist after 3days, go see native doctor. Period.
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by Apollux(m): 8:58pm On Nov 20, 2016
Mynd44:

Wrong image. It is an 8D
Nope. I bought tecno 8h droipad 2. I bought it since June 2015,and it s still ok till now. D best, return it back to slot dey will fix it. Tecno products r basically good. Even Samsung do have faulty devices.. .the note 7 readily comes to mind
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by Proffdada: 5:28am On Nov 22, 2016
spartacus11:

do a little search Transsion Holdings is the parent company of tecno infinix and itel with othe electronics.

gionee is not among

they changed the name of the company from tecno mobile to Transsion Holdings in 2006
nothing is said about Infinix under transsion holdings. You guys like making up conjectures that never fit
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by spartacus11(m): 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2016
Proffdada:
nothing is said about Infinix under transsion holdings. You guys like making up conjectures that never fit
which kind laziness dey worry u, a little search will cure ur ignorance,
naija why una like argument u guys just hate d truth for no reason.
find out ur self u nor gree

view attached screen shot from the official website of Transsion Holdings

na wa

1 Like

Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by Proffdada: 3:29pm On Nov 23, 2016
spartacus11:

which kind laziness dey worry u, a little search will cure ur ignorance,
naija why una like argument u guys just hate d truth for no reason.
find out ur self u nor gree

view attached screen shot from the official website of Transsion Holdings

na wa
lol, that's a recent acquisition and it doesn't make them the same product.

Originally Infinix is owned by French company that made Sagem
Same administration doesn't mean same department. A fault in Tecno can't be resolved by Infinix.
Lastly, Tecno doesn't OWN Infinix , transsion holdings run the administration
Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by spartacus11(m): 10:40pm On Nov 23, 2016
Proffdada:
lol, that's a recent acquisition and it doesn't make them the same product.

Originally Infinix is owned by French company that made Sagem
Same administration doesn't mean same department. A fault in Tecno can't be resolved by Infinix.
Lastly, Tecno doesn't OWN Infinix , transsion holdings run the administration
enjoy yourself in ur realm of arguments of stupidity.
reason why dis country can't move forward too many educated illiterate
we just refuse to learn, take corrections and accept our mistakes
and some idiots will still say the youths are the leader's of tomorrow in this country.
how can the youth lead when they can not learn or accept their mistakes and take corrections
i just pray someone like you don't end up been a school teacher because i sorry for the children you will be teaching.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by Proffdada: 3:05am On Nov 24, 2016
spartacus11:
enjoy yourself in ur realm of arguments of stupidity.
reason why dis country can't move forward too many educated illiterate
we just refuse to learn, take corrections and accept our mistakes
and some idiots will still say the youths are the leader's of tomorrow in this country.
how can the youth lead when they can not learn or accept their mistakes and take corrections
i just pray someone like you don't end up been a school teacher because i sorry for the children you will be teaching.

Even if you don't understand business administration, you can google these words: shares, IPO, PLC, board of directors
if you are manufacturing a product and someone else does the financing, it's a different thing entirely
I guess you're the numbskull that is full of hubris grin grin
You must have wasted your time and money on education

Re: Tecno Droipad 8 And Its Persistent Charging Port Issues by kingmexy1997(m): 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2016
Damfostopper:
and you forget dat Techno owns infinix n gionee.... Techno r d ones producing that brand too
JESUS!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! / Which Apps Can Hide It Well? / What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.