Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,931 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? (4150 Views)

God Doesn't Exist Because Anything That Exist Must Have A Creator / Is A Creator A Logical Conclusion? / There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by jonbellion(m): 7:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
felixomor:

Again, you ask "who" and "what" which are both indicators of matter and if u read through my first post, I clearly said God is not bound by time, space nor matter. And as such, those three are not sufficient to explain Him.

So I can only but attempt to answer.
As for "who?"He has been called by different names in times past and has revealed Himself in different forms to different generations.

As for "who is His Word?" His Word is that which Came from Him and was Powerful enough to assemble this entity of time, space and matter which you and I call the universe.

As I said, these are limited explanations, because I myself as regards my flesh, is bound by time, space and matter.
lol nice try but the creator of the universe is NOT the Abrahamic God and his weirdo son
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
felixomor:

Again, you ask "who" and "what" which are both indicators of matter and if u read through my first post, I clearly said God is not bound by time, space nor matter. And as such, those three are not sufficient to explain Him.

So I can only but attempt to answer.
As for "who?"He has been called by different names in times past and has revealed Himself in different forms to different generations.

As for "who is His Word?" His Word is that which Came from Him and was Powerful enough to assemble this entity of time, space and matter which you and I call the universe.

As I said, these are limited explanations, because I myself as regards my flesh, is bound by time, space and matter.
Stop running, you said you know the creator.
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by felixomor: 7:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
jonbellion:
lol nice try but the creator of the universe is NOT the Abrahamic God and his weirdo son

Nobody asked u.
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by felixomor: 7:56pm On Nov 20, 2016
CeoMYN:

Stop running, you said you know the creator.

Please clearly show me in detail, how and where I ran to?
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 20, 2016
felixomor:

Please clearly show me in detail, how and where I ran to?

I said since you know the creator and call the creator him, you should tell me who he is.
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by felixomor: 8:04pm On Nov 20, 2016
CeoMYN:

I said since you know the creator and call the creator him, you should tell me who he is.

And how did I not explain "Who" he is?
How did I run, looking at that answer I gave?
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2016
felixomor:

And how did I not explain "Who" he is?
How did I run, looking at that answer I gave?
To know is to have knowledge, your answer shows you have no knowledge of the creator.
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by terrezo2002(m): 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2016
You cannot explain God. He is God over Himself, created by none, self-existing and eternal. You have not even understood up to a quarter of what He created, you now want to question How God came. You can never get answer to that.
Just walk in His spoken words and you will have peace
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by felixomor: 8:18pm On Nov 20, 2016
CeoMYN:

To know is to have knowledge, your answer shows you have no knowledge of the creator.

And yet I was able to tell u He has been called by different names.

Well, I already have a feel of ur mind.
A honest person would have gone ahead to ask "which names"?

But u clearly went ahead to show that u didnt even read the post. I even doubt if u read the original answer I first wrote. No wonder u kept asking "what' and "who" all over the thread.

I know your mind already.
Well done.
smiley
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 20, 2016
felixomor:

And yet I was able to tell u He has been called by different names.

Well, I already have a feel of ur mind.
A honest person would have gone ahead to ask "which names"?

But u clearly went ahead to show that u didnt even read the post. I even doubt if u read the original answer I first wrote. No wonder u kept asking "what' and "who" all over the thread.

I know your mind already.
Well done.
smiley

You should have mentioned them but I knew where you were arriving to.
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by felixomor: 8:35pm On Nov 20, 2016
CeoMYN:

You should have mentioned them but I knew where you were arriving to.

So that u would jump over them with out reading as u have done now?

Nah! Sorry!
Jesus said dont cast your diamonds to pigs . They would swallow it in a hurry and come for your neck.

And that's exactly what u have done here.
Nothing else.
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
felixomor:

So that u would jump over them with out reading as u have done now?

Nah! Sorry!
Jesus said dont cast your diamonds to pigs . They would swallow it in a hurry and come for your neck.

And that's exactly what u have done here.
Nothing else.
I hope you read where I said I left religious God(s) so kindly leave my thread
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Immorttal: 9:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
donnffd:

You cant make claims of what is the most complex thing in the universe when you are limited to a very tiny fraction of it, you dont know whats out there!

If you said DNA is the most complex thing in the universe known to man, it would be a more valid statement in which i would still disagree with, i would say the human MIND is the most complex object in the universe known to man.
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Immorttal: 9:19pm On Nov 20, 2016
felixomor:

The answer to your question is No.

The universe cant exist without being created.

We were all created and fitted with a brain by a higher intelligence.

However, the brain has been programmed for the physical body to only function based on time, space and matter.
Thats why every question you can ever ask is based on one of those three.
The question birthed by your reasoning "who created the creator" is based on matter and also, time.

These two, time and matter are both human commodities. They were created also. So the Creator definitely is not bound by them.
He exists outside of them.

Thats why the bible figuratively says a thousand years is like a day in the eyes of God.
He is not bound by our time.

So, the creator needs no creator. He would need if he was bound by time and matter, but He is not bound by what he created.

To understand this better, I will suggest you study the topic "The Origin of Time"

That will give you some better light.

Shalom!

You were making sense until you start drawing references from the bible.
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by felixomor: 9:22pm On Nov 20, 2016
CeoMYN:
And yet By the way, you opened thread under "religion" section?
Mscheww

Bye.
Good luck on ur search for your 'scientific" God.
Since religion seems to be giving u sleepless nights.
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by felixomor: 9:24pm On Nov 20, 2016
Immorttal:
You were making sense until you start drawing references from the bible.

And u wont have gotten any relevance except for your attempt to attack the bible,

obviously!
cool
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by LiberaDeus: 9:25pm On Nov 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Are you a deist ?

I am an agnostic atheist.

Atheist to all religious gods

Agnostic to a supreme intelligent being existing outside our universe
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:42pm On Nov 20, 2016
LiberaDeus:

I am an agnostic atheist.

Atheist to all religious gods

Agnostic to a supreme intelligent being existing outside our universe

Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity and agnostic because they claim that the existence of a deity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact.

But according to Robert Flint :

"... it is erroneous to identify agnosticism and atheism, it is equally erroneous so to separate them as if the one were exclusive of the other"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by hopefulLandlord: 9:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity and agnostic because they claim that the existence of a deity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact.

But according to Robert Flint :

"... it is erroneous to identify agnosticism and atheism, it is equally erroneous so to separate them as if the one were exclusive of the other"

that Robert flint guy must be the one feeding you and your family and sending you to school

LibraDeus has made his position clear, deal with it and stop this pathetic attempt at pulling future strawman because that's what you're good at

1 Like

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by damogul: 9:57pm On Nov 20, 2016
CeoMYN:

The religious Gods never had you in the first place so when you allegedly left you thought you were leaving the religious Gods when in essence you left your idea of following religious Gods and not actual following them on their terms. It was all about you.
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by donnffd(m): 10:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
LiberaDeus:

Yes I meant universe known to man. The existence of design in animals is the backbone of a belief in god.

But even if we find more complex creatures in distant planets it only throws the gaping question back again which is ' was there intelligence behind some of it '

The idea that intelligence must be behind complexity stems from our own species and our effects on the world. Humans have always been a very unimaginative species, we believe the world and the universe always work according to the way we are and understand, this is so far from the truth. Evolution is just one field where you can have complexity from simpler forms without any input from a designer or intelligence, why should an alien intelligence arise any differently?
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 20, 2016
damogul:

The religious Gods never had you in the first place so when you allegedly left you thought you were leaving the religious Gods when in essence you left your idea of following religious Gods and not actual following them on their terms. It was all about you.
4evergod a lie is a lie.
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by hopefulLandlord: 10:15pm On Nov 20, 2016
damogul:

fallacy detector is running.........

scanning post for fallacies.........

fallacy detected

fallacy type "No True Scotsman Fallacy"
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by LiberaDeus: 10:23pm On Nov 20, 2016
donnffd:

The idea that intelligence must be behind complexity stems from our own species and our effects on the world. Humans have always been a very unimaginative species, we believe the world and the universe always work according to the way we are and understand, this is so far from the truth. Evolution is just one field where you can have complexity from simpler forms without any input from a designer or intelligence, why should an alien intelligence arise any differently?

So how do you propose DNA with its 3 billion letter code came about?
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by taurus25(m): 10:40pm On Nov 20, 2016
Can the universe exist without a cause?...

This is a nice question, although not new, it does sound fresh everytime.

Did the universe really begin at a certain time?....i know the obvious answer that comes to mind is a resounding yes, because basically every belief system, ideology and empirical evidence seem to suggest so, but then again what if everything we know about the universe is wrong?.

Scientifically, up unto the closest we've observed, it seems the universe began roughly 14 billion years ago. This theory, the big bang, puts scientists in a very tight corner, because it seems to suggest that the universe began, but how exactly it began(the cause) , is experimentally indeterminable.

Why is this so?... laws of physics, which by what we understand to produce effect from a preceeding cause was not present before the universe emerged. In other words the universe might have began without a cause.

This doesnt make much sense, does it?... no worries physicists are finding a way around such a situation where the universe would emerge from nothing. One of such, was proposed by world famous physicists Stephen Hawking, called the no boundary condition. This hypothesis is a way around the universe having to have a cause or even begining atall cheesy ....it uses a concept in theoretical physics known as real and imaginary time, which are at right angle to each other and imaginary time being essentially as real as real time...wtf right?. Its a nice idea but so far so good no concrete observational support.

In science sometimes nothing is ever completely sure, which to me is not entirely suprising considering the random nature of the universe( look up the EM drive to understand what i mean). But it still remains the best way to understand nature.

Away from science... did the universe emerge from a non physical cause which is outside the universe and not bound by universal laws and principles? . This is not entirely impossible, infact scientific laws gives room for such a cause, but what is this cause? , maybe even who is this cause?. Can we ever know with certainty the answer to these questions?.

Personally, though am atheistic, i believe shutting the door completely for a universal first cause be it concious or not, is a little closemindedly. But the first cause suggested by most if not all religions are unlikely to exist(topic for another day).

After all the long story, the simple and most honest answer to your question is WE DO NOT KNOW!!!.

4 Likes

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 20, 2016
taurus25:
Can the universe exist without a cause?...

This is a nice question, although not new, it does sound fresh everytime.

Did the universe really begin at a certain time?....i know the obvious answer that comes to mind is a resounding yes, because basically every belief system, ideology and empirical evidence seem to suggest so, but then again what if everything we know about the universe is wrong?.

Scientifically, up unto the closest we've observed, it seems the universe began roughly 14 billion years ago. This theory, the big bang, puts scientists in a very tight corner, because it seems to suggest that the universe began, but how exactly it began(the cause) , is experimentally indeterminable.

Why is this so?... laws of physics, which by what we understand to produce effect from a preceeding cause was not present before the universe emerged. In other words the universe might have began without a cause.

This doesnt make much sense, does it?... no worries physicists are finding a way around such a situation where the universe would emerge from nothing. One of such, was proposed by world famous physicists Stephen Hawking, called the no boundary condition. This hypothesis is a way around the universe having to have a cause or even begining atall cheesy ....it uses a concept in theoretical physics known as real and imaginary time, which are at right angle to each other and imaginary time being essentially as real as real time...wtf right?. Its a nice idea but so far so good no concrete observational support.

In science sometimes nothing is ever completely sure, which to me is not entirely suprising considering the random nature of the universe( look up the EM drive to understand what i mean). But it still remains the best way to understand nature.

Metaphysically.......loading

Nice one sir

1 Like

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by taurus25(m): 11:00pm On Nov 20, 2016
CeoMYN:

Nice one sir
Thanks, I modified.

1 Like

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 20, 2016
taurus25:
Thanks, I modified.
Read it, still great.
Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by rhektor(m): 1:32am On Nov 21, 2016
jonbellion:
lol they made thier God
Omininpotemt
Omnipresent
Omimiscient
Ominibenevolent
Sooo lemme get this straight
They have an all powerful god that is all knowing and is everywhere all at once and he is extremely kind and has a personal relationship with them and answers thier prayers like a genie at their beck and call undecided
Woooow
RIP Logic
Christianity: Murders logic in cold blood

Are you an atheist? If you are then let me help you a bit with this write up by Matt Slick.

Atheism is, essentially, a negative position. It is not believing in a god or actively believing there is no God or choosing to not exercise any belief or non-belief concerning God, etc. Whichever flavor is given to atheism, it is a negative position.

In discussions with atheists, I don't hear any evidence for the validity of atheism. There are no "proofs" that God does not exist in atheist circles; at least, none that I have heard--especially since you can't prove a negative regarding the existence of God. Of course, that isn't to say that atheists haven't attempted to offer some proofs that God does not exist. But their attempted proofs are invariably insufficient. After all, how do you prove there is no God in the universe? How do you prove that in all places and all times there is no God? You can't. Besides, if there was proof of God's non-existence, then atheists would be continually using it. But we don't hear of any such commonly held proof supporting atheism or denying the existence of God. The atheist position is very difficult, if not impossible, to prove since it is an attempt to prove a negative. Therefore, since there are no proofs for atheism's truth and there are no proofs that there is no God, the atheist must hold his position by faith.

Faith, however, is not something atheists like to claim as the basis of adhering to atheism. Therefore, atheists must go on the attack and negate any evidences presented for God's existence in order to give intellectual credence to their position. If they can create an evidential vacuum in which no theistic argument can survive, their position can be seen as more intellectually viable. It is in the negation of theistic proofs and evidences that atheism brings its self-justification to self-proclaimed life.

There is, however, only one way that atheism is intellectually defensible, and that is in the abstract realm of simple possibility. In other words, the atheist would have to propose that it may be possible that there is no God.1 But stating that something is possible doesn't mean that it is a reality, or that it is wise to adopt the position. If I said it is possible that there is an ice cream factory on Jupiter, does that make it intellectually defensible or a position worth adopting merely because it is a possibility? Not at all. Simply claiming a possibility based on nothing more than it being a possible option, no matter how remote, is not sufficient grounds for atheists to claim viability in their atheism. They must come up with more than "It is possible," or "There is no evidence for God;" otherwise, there really must be an ice cream factory on Jupiter, and the atheist should step up on the band wagon and start defending the position that Jupiterian ice cream exists.

https://carm.org/is-atheism-viable

1 Like

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by frank317: 6:43am On Nov 21, 2016
rhektor:

Are you an atheist? If you are then let me help you a bit with this write up by Matt Slick.

Atheism is, essentially, a negative position. It is not believing in a god or actively believing there is no God or choosing to not exercise any belief or non-belief concerning God, etc. Whichever flavor is given to atheism, it is a negative position.

In discussions with atheists, I don't hear any evidence for the validity of atheism. There are no "proofs" that God does not exist in atheist circles; at least, none that I have heard--especially since you can't prove a negative regarding the existence of God. Of course, that isn't to say that atheists haven't attempted to offer some proofs that God does not exist. But their attempted proofs are invariably insufficient. After all, how do you prove there is no God in the universe? How do you prove that in all places and all times there is no God? You can't. Besides, if there was proof of God's non-existence, then atheists would be continually using it. But we don't hear of any such commonly held proof supporting atheism or denying the existence of God. The atheist position is very difficult, if not impossible, to prove since it is an attempt to prove a negative. Therefore, since there are no proofs for atheism's truth and there are no proofs that there is no God, the atheist must hold his position by faith.

Faith, however, is not something atheists like to claim as the basis of adhering to atheism. Therefore, atheists must go on the attack and negate any evidences presented for God's existence in order to give intellectual credence to their position. If they can create an evidential vacuum in which no theistic argument can survive, their position can be seen as more intellectually viable. It is in the negation of theistic proofs and evidences that atheism brings its self-justification to self-proclaimed life.

There is, however, only one way that atheism is intellectually defensible, and that is in the abstract realm of simple possibility. In other words, the atheist would have to propose that it may be possible that there is no God.1 But stating that something is possible doesn't mean that it is a reality, or that it is wise to adopt the position. If I said it is possible that there is an ice cream factory on Jupiter, does that make it intellectually defensible or a position worth adopting merely because it is a possibility? Not at all. Simply claiming a possibility based on nothing more than it being a possible option, no matter how remote, is not sufficient grounds for atheists to claim viability in their atheism. They must come up with more than "It is possible," or "There is no evidence for God;" otherwise, there really must be an ice cream factory on Jupiter, and the atheist should step up on the band wagon and start defending the position that Jupiterian ice cream exists.

https://carm.org/is-atheism-viable

Long meaningless episode.

U claim u have a talking blue dog. I say your claim is false as long as u cannot provide it. U ask me to prove that u don't have a blue talking dog. Do u think u deserve a reply?

What kind of proof of God's nonexistent do u want order than the fact that we can't see, feel or hear him?

When I think something is nonexistent, the only way, I repeat, the only way I can prove this is critically analyse your suggestions and if it's not reasonable I go ahead to reject ur claim.
If you are looking for a proof of the nonexistent of ur claim... Then u are already on a long thing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by edogho(m): 6:52am On Nov 21, 2016
Lucasiangrey:
only if you have been outside the box,then will you know the box even exist.you know you are inside a box!,you knew that because you have been on the outside.therefore you are a god and the same time man!.or you just speculated?
Been outside my body b4 n I know the feeling of being. Concept of god has been corrupted n exploited since times any ruddy mind can grasp anything.

Being is everything. The sun creates the rest. Its all just I illusions. I mean when mind exceeds matter.
When u break all you see down (man included) to the lowest building particle, you'll find the truth in the words "everything is vanity".....

Gud morrow bro.

1 Like

Re: Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator? by Lucasiangrey: 7:17am On Nov 21, 2016
edogho:

Been outside my body b4 n I know the feeling of being. Concept of god has been corrupted n exploited since times any ruddy mind can grasp anything.

Being is everything. The sun creates the rest. Its all just I illusions. I mean when mind exceeds matter.
When u break all you see down (man included) to the lowest building particle, you'll find the truth in the words "everything is vanity".....

Gud morrow bro.
how were you able to tell it was the outside of your body?What state was your body while you were out?What initiated this act?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Caught My Pastor Having Sex With A Female Corper / How To Prepare For The Glory Of God / Secrets Of Witchcraft And How To Overcome It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.