Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,306 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

A programmer and The wise Engineer - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / A programmer and The wise Engineer (1560 Views)

Only The Wise Should Urinate Here (pics) / Words Of Wisdom, Proverbs, Sayings Of The Wise Section Here. / The Wise Tortoise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A programmer and The wise Engineer by christyne(f): 10:56am On Dec 02, 2005
A Programmer and an Engineer are sitting next to each other on a long flight from LA to NY. The Programmer leans over to the Engineer and asks if he would like to play a fun game. The Engineer just wants to take a nap, so he politely declines and rolls over to the window to catch a few winks. The Programmer persists and explains that the game is real easy and a lotta fun. He explains, "I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me $5. Then you ask me a question, and if I don't know the answer, I'll pay you $5.". Again, the Engineer politely declines and tries to get to sleep. The Programmer, now somewhat agitated, says, "OK, if you don't know the answer you pay me $5, and if I don't know the answer, I'll pay you $50!" This catches the Engineer's attention, and he sees no end to this torment unless he plays, so he agrees to the game. The Programmer asks the first question. "What's the distance from the earth to the moon?" The Engineer doesn't say a word, but reaches into his wallet, pulls out a five-dollar bill and hands it to the Programmer. Now, it's the Engineer's turn. He asks the Programmer, "What goes up a hill with three legs, and comes down on four?" The Programmer looks up at him with a puzzled look. He takes out his laptop computer and searches all of his references. He taps into the Air phone with his modem and searches the net and the Library of Congress. Frustrated, he sends e-mail to his co-workers - all to no avail. After about an hour, he wakes the Engineer and hands him $50. The Engineer politely takes the $50 and turns away to try to get back to sleep. The Programmer, more than a little miffed, shakes the Engineer and asks, "Well, so what's the answer?" Without a word, the Engineer reaches into his wallet, hands the Programmer $5, and turns away to get back to sleep.

1 Like

Re: A programmer and The wise Engineer by Rolly: 4:43pm On Dec 07, 2005
aha aha aha!!!!!!!!! smiley smiley smiley the engineer is really wise
Re: A programmer and The wise Engineer by Jeovy(m): 11:19am On May 25, 2008
The progrmmer dull sha,there is no timelimit to supply the answer,he should have continued searching for the nswer forever
Re: A programmer and The wise Engineer by Nobody: 11:46am On May 25, 2008
brainy engineer!
Re: A programmer and The wise Engineer by Nobody: 11:54am On May 25, 2008
Business
Re: A programmer and The wise Engineer by krama(m): 2:10am On May 26, 2008
grin
Re: A programmer and The wise Engineer by clemcykul(f): 12:07pm On May 26, 2008
close dat teeth!
Re: A programmer and The wise Engineer by Tufyne: 10:08pm On Oct 01, 2009
lwkm, lol u go fear engineers nw?
Re: A programmer and The wise Engineer by mamagee6(f): 12:44am On Oct 02, 2009
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: A programmer and The wise Engineer by CrazyMan(m): 3:08am On Oct 02, 2009
Good joke
Re: A programmer and The wise Engineer by bashydemy(m): 8:24am On Oct 02, 2009
wise engineer like me
Re: A programmer and The wise Engineer by CuteAngel(f): 8:30am On Oct 02, 2009
Hmmmn, i tink i like the Engr. guy, sooooooooooooooo wise
Re: A programmer and The wise Engineer by kodylicky(f): 4:06pm On Oct 02, 2009
Engineers re versatile n smart grin grin
Re: A programmer and The wise Engineer by dani1luv: 6:15pm On Oct 02, 2009
Hmmn

Kool Joke
Re: A programmer and The wise Engineer by bydot1(m): 3:05am On Oct 04, 2009
smiley
Re: A programmer and The wise Engineer by Rapmaestro(m): 12:39pm On Dec 04, 2012
dat engineer must b a 9jarian
Re: A programmer and The wise Engineer by adesammy1(m): 11:15pm On Dec 05, 2012
u too much

(1) (Reply)

Hard Times Require Hard Measures / Free Internet Browsing Seminar Alert! / Letter From A Mother With Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.