Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:17 AM

Religion: Bulwark To Nigeria's Development - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion: Bulwark To Nigeria's Development (361 Views)

The More Intelligent A Child Is,the More Likely It'll Abandon Religion-newstudy / Why Religion Is Still A Necessity In Nigeria. / Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Religion: Bulwark To Nigeria's Development by btaliat(m): 7:28pm On Nov 20, 2016
I was in an intense argument with my colleague at work last week when they discovered that I always lay emphasis on faith rather than religion. As a student of Political Science, the only thing I know about religion is that it is the opium of the masses but this believe doesn't stop me from believing in a Supernatural being called God, I just don't believe I need religion before talking to the one that created me.
I posited that if Nigeria is really aiming at development, then our native religion should be embraced. I pinpointed that God cannot cause confusion amidst His loving children. How can He tell the Muslim that they are in the right path and also tell the Christian that they are worshipping the true God.
I argued that God gave every country a religion, which serves as a means they can connect to Him. The christianity is for the Europe, Taoism for the Chinese, Judaism for the Hebrew. These people embraced what God gave them and contended with it. That's why hardly you hear of religion crises in Saudi Arabia that has Islam has her native religion nor India that proclaims Buddhism as her religion.
Must Nigeria live on borrowed culture. Must our things be Western-like? What happened to the gods that God ordered us to be our intermidiaries to him. Must we embrace the Christianity of the West that orders us to be silent even when our leaders ar siphoning the money because it is an abomination to speak against the authority? Must we love the Islam of the East?
In conclusion, I believe Nigeria needs to value her religion to make things right. Let see the efficacy of our gods. Don't let's be fooled with the doctrines of the white. We have practised for aeon years with no result. It is high time we tried our gods.

(1) (Reply)

Faith Without Works! / The Chosen Daily Devotional 10th Dec. 2016 / Is It Compulsory To Close Your Eyes While Praying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.