Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King (21452 Views)

The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) / A Catholic Priest Celebrates Christ In A Traditional Way In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by veekid(m): 9:31am On Nov 21, 2016

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 21, 2016
investnow2013:
Yesoooooo and dat was how my day went at St Patrick's cathedral Awka,,,,, today's procession was fun and hot as we shout out Igwe to d king of kings, d mighty man in battle, d redeemer , d author and finisher of everything , baba whom baba whom, giver and stopper of life, d slaying messiah, chaiiiiiiii was really hot and danced and danced like never before ,,,,, Proud to be a Roman Catholic ,,,,

Abeg, which one is ''BABA WHOM, BABA WHOM''?
Abi na tittle also?

2 Likes

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by daywatcher: 9:36am On Nov 21, 2016
my little to no interest will be augmented if we had pope Arinze running the show at the Vatican
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 21, 2016
Alisteven:

Abi na tittle also?
bigot spotted grin

3 Likes

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Brightology2(m): 9:38am On Nov 21, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

And buhari the ani mal on the throne would not leave till 2019...
that is the animal

2 Likes

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 21, 2016
Roman Catholic church till i kiss die kiss

7 Likes

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by bilulu(m): 9:39am On Nov 21, 2016
buikem2:
Just to clear out a misconception many Nigerian catholics have.

The procession that normally occurs after(or before) Christ the king mass is actually for the solemnity of Corpus Cristi, which in Nigeria is always moved to Christ the king day. The principal reason, I guess, is because a procession in May or June may be spoiled by rain. But in all Nigeria, it doesn't rain in November period.

If you listen to your priests well, some do explain it so that people don't think it's a Christ the king procession. It's actually a postponed Corpus Cristi procession.
oga u re right..... but u sounded harsh as if most of us dont no it

4 Likes

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by sirfee(m): 9:40am On Nov 21, 2016
buikem2:
Just to clear out a misconception many Nigerian catholics have.

The procession that normally occurs after(or before) Christ the king mass is actually for the solemnity of Corpus Cristi, which in Nigeria is always moved to Christ the king day. The principal reason, I guess, is because a procession in May or June may be spoiled by rain. But in all Nigeria, it doesn't rain in November period.

If you listen to your priests well, some do explain it so that people don't think it's a Christ the king procession. It's actually a postponed Corpus Cristi procession.
You are correct

1 Like

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 21, 2016
princeofpeace22:
bigot spotted grin

I don't call people names.. But, some 'bigots' are better than the likes of u...

This are the reasons Nigeria went into recession. They lack comprehension.
What has the question i asked got to do with being called a name?
Grow up, sir. And if u're a grown up, try to grow down. As some kids have better manners.

2 Likes

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Angelb4: 9:42am On Nov 21, 2016
Proud to be a Catholic

4 Likes

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by MChaze25(m): 9:44am On Nov 21, 2016
I was there[b][/b]
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Collins0609(m): 9:44am On Nov 21, 2016
Jehovah bu eze

2 Likes

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by haloriki: 9:48am On Nov 21, 2016
see crowd...
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 21, 2016
Alisteven:

I don't call people names.. But, some 'bigots' are better than the likes of u...

This are the reasons Nigeria went into recession. They lack comprehension.
What has the question i asked got to do with being called a name?
Grow up, sir. And if u're a grown up, try to grow down. As some kids have better manners.
era ka pu gbuyi angry

Epain am cheesy
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Amah70: 9:53am On Nov 21, 2016
Wow, colourful.
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by uzolexis(f): 9:54am On Nov 21, 2016
Alisteven:

Abi na tittle also?

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by LorDBolton(m): 9:56am On Nov 21, 2016
Africans sha.

What exactly does africa contribute to the world?

Brainwashed mofos

2 Likes

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 21, 2016
princeofpeace22:
era ka pu gbuyi angry
Epain am cheesy
Pain Hummer. I thought you wanted to run back to the brown roof republic.
Anu mpama!
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by claremont(m): 10:02am On Nov 21, 2016
Mass delusion. If only they could be this passionate against corrupt politicians, the country wouldn't be where it is.

1 Like

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 21, 2016
Alisteven:

Pain Hummer. I thought you wanted to run back to the brown roof republic.

Anu mpama!
otu nnegi tongue
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by GuyfawkesAB(m): 10:05am On Nov 21, 2016
Sun Worship!
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 21, 2016
princeofpeace22:
otu nnegi tongue
A blessed woman.!
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by austinbrown: 10:06am On Nov 21, 2016
Bujumbura:
This is the same thing Shi'ites did by doing religious procession but they were killed for that
shut up, must u let people knw that u r stupid?
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Nuel25846(m): 10:08am On Nov 21, 2016
Blessed be God.........He shall reign forever more.
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by francescainnoce(f): 10:10am On Nov 21, 2016
Proud catholic.
Such a delight to behold...
May God look above all errors of mankind and because his only name is involved, hear our prayers, see our hearts and heal our land.
AMEN

2 Likes

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Beetee1(m): 10:11am On Nov 21, 2016
Bujumbura:
This is the same thing Shi'ites did by doing religious procession but they were killed for that
so what are you advocating for? undecided
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by seenter84: 10:12am On Nov 21, 2016
Catholic sabi scam igbos

1 Like

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 21, 2016
all those young father bois for line there eyes no good at all..

1 Like

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:13am On Nov 21, 2016
Keneking:
Year C has ended.
Year of Divine Mercy has ended.
Happy new year, Catholic Church

You're one intelligent controversial figure bro... I admire your mental sagacity wink
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 21, 2016
Alisteven:

Abi na tittle also?
grin grin #dead#

1 Like

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by kbright14: 10:24am On Nov 21, 2016
ihimiray:
So much love Dis, am so proud to be a Roman Catholic
you are on point. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World / #whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? / Ten Things That Make One A Failure - Prophet Gaisie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.