Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King (21453 Views)

The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) / A Catholic Priest Celebrates Christ In A Traditional Way In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by integrity85(m): 10:32am On Nov 21, 2016
investnow2013:
Thanks be to God, it was a grand celebration.....Procession to St Patrick Cathedral from St Joseph the worker chaplaincy, Unizik, Awka.

Fr. Jude (Baba-Ini) you are sighted!
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Saint52(m): 10:34am On Nov 21, 2016
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by chiefobdk(m): 10:39am On Nov 21, 2016
daywatcher:
my little to no interest will be augmented if we had pope Arinze running the show at the Vatican

your little to no interest. still you want pope arinze.

did d Catholics complain to u? keep ur interest to ur. pastorprenuer. abi na boko haram.

1 Like

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by stalinho(m): 10:44am On Nov 21, 2016
am proud to be a catholic..
even trump.. confirms his royalty too

1 Like

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by kbright14: 10:44am On Nov 21, 2016
buikem2:
Just to clear out a misconception many Nigerian catholics have.

The procession that normally occurs after(or before) Christ the king mass is actually for the solemnity of Corpus Cristi, which in Nigeria is always moved to Christ the king day. The principal reason, I guess, is because a procession in May or June may be spoiled by rain. But in all Nigeria, it doesn't rain in November period.

If you listen to your priests well, some do explain it so that people don't think it's a Christ the king procession. It's actually a postponed Corpus Cristi procession.
its like u are a Bishop of one of the Catholic diocese. Yeye d smell. What pushed u into posting that?
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by emeka762001(m): 10:48am On Nov 21, 2016
ihimiray:
So much love Dis, am so proud to be a Roman Catholic
. point of correction pls. u re a catholic and not a roman catholic. Catholic is a universal church though the church started from Rome.
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 21, 2016
chiefobdk:

did d Catholics complain to u? keep ur interest to ur. pastorprenuer. abi na boko haram.

That's harsh
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by freshinko: 10:49am On Nov 21, 2016
Catholic till i die. Jesus my Lord and my personal saviour.
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by siempere(m): 10:53am On Nov 21, 2016
GREAT...GREAT...GREAT...HOLY IS THE KING OF KINGS.....HOSSANNA IN THE HIGHEST...
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Onegai(f): 10:56am On Nov 21, 2016
Lagos Catholics never seem to take processions and Feast days seriously. That's something I like about Eastern Catholics

1 Like

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:05am On Nov 21, 2016
Christi bu Eze uwa nine!
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Aeman(m): 11:29am On Nov 21, 2016
otukpo:
Hossana in the Highest.
hosanna in the highest blessed be th name of the lord above all d earth. Mehn I waz awsome here in kano.
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by daywatcher: 11:47am On Nov 21, 2016
chiefobdk:

as much as I am anti christinity ( and anti islam), the seat of the the pope brings a lot of power and influence therefore it is a sign of progress if it is occupied by a black person
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by autchman144(m): 12:02pm On Nov 21, 2016
did you see any weapon in these pictures?
Bujumbura:
This is the same thing Shi'ites did by doing religious procession but they were killed for that

1 Like

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by chiefobdk(m): 12:09pm On Nov 21, 2016
daywatcher:

as much as I am anti christinity ( and anti islam), the seat of the the pope brings a lot of power and influence therefore it is a sign of progress if it is occupied by a black person

fortunately thr is no racism in the church. having a south American pope serve as much purpose
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 21, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

You're one intelligent controversial figure bro... I admire your mental sagacity wink

Really grin grin grin
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by cyprex: 12:19pm On Nov 21, 2016
Christ is the King of the whole universe.
I submit eternally to his authority and He shall remain my king.

I pledge my loyalty and those of every member of my family to Him.

You shall reign forever my Lord and Master

2 Likes

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Angeldamian: 12:23pm On Nov 21, 2016
CHRIST will alway remains the KING FOREVER and EVER, AMEN.
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by izombie(m): 12:35pm On Nov 21, 2016
Chai, infact catholic no be church na cult them be. Look at all the things dem dey carry. Wey the sacrament? Or purgatory wey no dey for bible? Wetin be that long shiny iron thing with rounded top wey dem carry? Abegii, this is an occultic society.
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by madapcmod: 12:36pm On Nov 21, 2016
Jesus Igweeeeee! I missed Christ the King procession in Awka this year. Chai!

Ofala Jesus!

Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by madapcmod: 12:37pm On Nov 21, 2016
izombie:
Chai, infact catholic no be church na cult them be. Look at all the things dem dey carry. Wey the sacrament? Or purgatory wey no dey for bible? Wetin be that long shiny iron thing with rounded top wey dem carry? Abegii, this is an occultic society.

Jeso mere gi ebere.

Blasphemy!
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by daywatcher: 12:41pm On Nov 21, 2016
chiefobdk:

fortunately thr is no racism in the church. having a south American pope serve as much purpose

Keep comforting yourself with that

Before the current pope, Francis Arinze was one of the favorites alongside eventual winner Pope Benedict (the German Guy, the current pope was not even mentioned). When Benedict quitted, with all things being equal current pope Francis should never have been considered let alone win
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by ihimiray(m): 1:24pm On Nov 21, 2016
[quote author=emeka762001 post=51228437]. point of correction pls. u re a catholic and not a roman catholic. Catholic is a universal church though the church started from Rome....u too know
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by ihimiray(m): 1:29pm On Nov 21, 2016
buikem2:
Just to clear out a misconception many Nigerian catholics have.

The procession that normally occurs after(or before) Christ the king mass is actually for the solemnity of Corpus Cristi, which in Nigeria is always moved to Christ the king day. The principal reason, I guess, is because a procession in May or June may be spoiled by rain. But in all Nigeria, it doesn't rain in November period.

If you listen to your priests well, some do explain it so that people don't think it's a Christ the king procession. It's actually a postponed Corpus Cristi procession.
can u imagine, people think they know too much,come rain,come sunshine the Catholic Church will never move a feast to a latter date cos of weather....
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by ihimiray(m): 1:33pm On Nov 21, 2016
daywatcher:
my little to no interest will be augmented if we had pope Arinze running the show at the Vatican
Igbo will always be thier usual self, always complaining about everything..... Pope arinze my foot.... Please don't bring ur shit into the Catholic Church.... We have our doctrine e and way of doing things.... If u don't like it.. Flush urself out
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by ihimiray(m): 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2016
daywatcher:

Before the current pope, Francis Arinze was one of the favorites alongside eventual winner Pope Benedict (the German Guy, the current pope was not even mentioned). When Benedict quitted, with all things being equal current pope Francis should never have been considered let alone win
Na only arinze dey Der,so the others should hang themselves cos they were not chosen.....
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 21, 2016
emeka762001:
. point of correction pls. u re a catholic and not a roman catholic. Catholic is a universal church though the church started from Rome.
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Pchinak: 2:20pm On Nov 21, 2016
ihimiray:
can u imagine, people think they know too much,come rain,come sunshine the Catholic Church will never move a feast to a latter date cos of weather....

Bro he is right. They didn't move the feast, but the procession.
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by Kanyekels(m): 2:37pm On Nov 21, 2016
emeka762001:

You are actually ignorant. It should be the other way round.
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by chiefobdk(m): 2:44pm On Nov 21, 2016
daywatcher:

wat do you kno about the process of selecting a pope.

oga shut up. you are repeating beer parlor gist. call me wen u. make sense...

u ain't Catholic
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by scolex1(m): 2:44pm On Nov 21, 2016
emeka762001:
point of correction pls. The catholic church didnt start in Rome rather the church has her holy see in Rome
Re: Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King by scolex1(m): 2:46pm On Nov 21, 2016
emeka762001:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? / Ten Things That Make One A Failure - Prophet Gaisie / Buhari Too Old To Rule Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.