Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,327 members, 7,860,798 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:31 PM

Detectives Expose Huge Cash Payments To Justices - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Detectives Expose Huge Cash Payments To Justices (615 Views)

Governor Mohammed Abubakar's Aide Poses With Huge Cash, Nigerians React / Ike Ekweremadu: EFCC Plans To Plant Huge Cash In My House In Enugu / Huge Cash Payments To Justices Uncovered By Detectives (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Detectives Expose Huge Cash Payments To Justices by jonili(m): 6:27am On Nov 21, 2016
Investigations by detectives have revealed huge cash payments to Supreme Court Justices, members of the management and staff of the apex court.

The payments were reportedly done through a secret account with outrageous allowances paid to the judiciary outside the approved allowance by the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC).

Recent investigations by detectives have revealed huge cash payments to Supreme Court Justices, members of the management and staff of the apex court, The Nation is reporting.The payments were reportedly done through a secret account with outrageous allowances paid to the judiciary outside the approved allowance by the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC).The allowances include cash for justices and management staff during festivities, especially Easter, Christmas, Ramadan and Eid-el Kabir.

The breakdown of what the past and present CJN and Justices have been receiving since 2009 is as follows: Salary—N750,000 (paid into account of each Justice); N750,000 monthly subsidy—(payment in cash); N950,000 quarterly subsidy (payment in cash); £10,000 (estacode) for trips (payment in cash);$25,000 (medical fees yearly (payment in cash); Unspecified payment for Business Class to them and spouses in cash depending on airline; $750 per night for number of days abroad in cash; N350,000 cash as welfare for each of the festivities (Easter, Christmas, Ramadan, Eid-el-Kabir); Chief Registrar—N700,000 as robe allowance; N200,000 for each of the festivities (in cash); and other lawyers—N500,000 as yearly dress allowance (In cash).

RMAFC approvals for CJN and the Justices as including regular salary and allowances: Monthly Basic Salary; Vehicle Maintenance/Fuelling; Personal Assistant; Domestic Staff; Entertainment; Utilities; Outfit; and Newspapers/Periodicals.

Speaking with a top security source, the source said;“Detectives have unearthed all manner of allowances which were paid and still being paid to Supreme Court Justices since 2009 from a Secret/Illegal/ Operation Account.

“Their Non-Regular Salary and allowances include: Accommodation (once annually); furniture (once in four years); annual leave bonus; severance/gratuity (after successfultenure); vehicle loan (optional); Duty Tour Allowance per night (where applicable) and Estacode per night (where applicable).

“In fact, one of the arrested Justices was in December 2014 paid N2million as a mark ofwelfare from the court to support him for his daughter’s wedding.

“So, we discovered a lot of discrepancies in the allowances being paid to the past Chief Justices of Nigeria and Justices of the Supreme Court since 2009. Even four of theJustices who are beneficiaries of the monetisation policy still earned double allowances.

“Technically, everyone was paid all these unauthorised allowances from the operation account based on the computation of the management. Nobody knows how the allowances were arrived at.

“And the situation has not changed. We have documents showing that all the Justices were paid N910, 000 in April and N710, 000 in May as allowances.”

On the status of the Operation Account, a document confirmed that one of the officials of the Supreme Court told DSS interrogators: “All these payments, except the salary, are paid in cash to the Justices which they signed for collection. I am awarethat has been the tradition but I am not sureof any written authority backing the payment.

“None of the Justices has ever, to my knowledge, refused payment of medical fees given to them.”But the Chief Registrar of the Supreme Court, Ahmed Gambo Saleh has denied involvement in any fraud or sharp practices in the apex court.

He said he was never involved in any bribe deal or in the management of Operation Account.“I have never directed anyone to pay the sum of either N12million or N18million to any Justice of the Supreme Court. I am aware the practice of cash payment is not in line with financial regulations but that has been the tradition I met in the court.“But on assuming office, I stopped cash payments to staff; all payments are now paid into their accounts. The Operation Account is in Ahmed Fagbenro’s name (the Cashier); I don’t know how much is the balance in the account,”he said.

Re: Detectives Expose Huge Cash Payments To Justices by jonili(m): 6:30am On Nov 21, 2016
Re: Detectives Expose Huge Cash Payments To Justices by EazyMoh(m): 6:39am On Nov 21, 2016
Anybody supporting corruption and corrupt individuals no matter their camp politically, religiously, sectionally, ethnically or whatever-ly will have failure as a life companion!
May they suffer sickness no doctor has ever seen, may they be sacked from their work places and may they attempt suicide every day they wake up in the morning!
Useless enemies of progress.
Good morning.

2 Likes

Re: Detectives Expose Huge Cash Payments To Justices by aresssa: 6:41am On Nov 21, 2016
In fact, one of the arrested Justices was in December 2014 paid N2million as a mark of welfare from the court to support him for his daughter’s wedding.

And people wonder why and how we arrived at recession, slow economy and measly foreign reserve with every government official day after day and year after year drawing up schemes and crooked foreign estacode payment trips just to line their pockets and drain our reserves.

I mean, what's the meaning of taxpayers money funding somebody's daughter's wedding..?

The senseless looting in Nigeria is not only criminal, it's so absurd and ridiculous..

1 Like

Re: Detectives Expose Huge Cash Payments To Justices by Ikwokrikwo: 6:46am On Nov 21, 2016
They have come again, dummies will swallow everything hook, line and sinker. They still haven't convicted a single person despite series of media trials.
Dummies now have a topic to occupy themselves with for the next one week and forget their Buhari induced suffering. SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Detectives Expose Huge Cash Payments To Justices by ajani1978(m): 6:59am On Nov 21, 2016
We have president as at that time busy looting the treasury let forget about politics and tribalism those who thief Nigeria money will suffer in silence and openly.

1 Like

Re: Detectives Expose Huge Cash Payments To Justices by Aufbauh(m): 7:04am On Nov 21, 2016
Those that loot our common patrimony will never no peace.
Re: Detectives Expose Huge Cash Payments To Justices by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 21, 2016
Ikwokrikwo:
They have come again, dummies will swallow everything hook, line and sinker. They still haven't convicted a single person despite series of media trials.
Dummies now have a topic to occupy themselves with for the next one week and forget their Buhari induced suffering. SMH
Buhari has reiterated it that if indicted corrupt office holders can cooperate by returning all what they've stolen, he won't convict them which for me, is a welcome idea because if they plead guilty after trial and are jailed, there fed govt won't be able to recover any loot. Don't also forget that our judicial system has been compromised. The case would be adjourned till eternity. They should return our money and go...mind you, such people's political ambition is ended because their records are with the appropriate authorities who will vet them once they show interest in any political office in future....that alone is ok by me.
Re: Detectives Expose Huge Cash Payments To Justices by HtwoOw: 8:13am On Nov 21, 2016
Wailers want account statement , please detectives show them otherwise this is propaganda

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Sokoto Wins Best Performing State / What Do You Think If Dangote Is The Next Nigeria President? / Rivers APC Alleges Plot To Pull Down Buhari Administration, Weaken APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.