Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence (3937 Views)

Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? / Man Withdraws Support For Apostle Suleman After Alleged New Evidence Emerges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by 4kings: 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2016
Emusan:

My post is as cleared as crystal!

How did I rule out natural theory here?2
If indeed it was just natural, and the theist attributed the event to a God, and spreads his "good news". Then this can be seen as conveying lies to the world.
So the "miracle" experienced was misunderstood.
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by akintom(m): 12:35pm On Nov 24, 2016
Emusan:
The funny part of it is that, if the questions are turned around can you provide answers to them?

The burden of proof of God existence is on you, who claim to believe and know that it exists.

[/sub]
Emusan:

When will Nairalander Atheists provide their own scientific evidences of natural world instead of relying on the white Atheists?

Science or scientific culture is one universally. Unlike religion that has countless factions, with contradictory unlimited beliefs and claims.

[/sub]
Emusan:

But unfortunately Atheist seems to lack the understanding between spirituality and physical despite their claim to be the one who possesses world wide knowledge.

There's nothing like spirit or spirituality in the world view of rational atheists.

[/sub]
Emusan:

The simple evidence for this is that no man can confidently say that he/she knows the origin of matter.
While Bible provided the answer: "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." Heb 11:3 KJV

Do you claim that the bible is literarily true? Can the claims of Bible be empirically verified? How authentic are the bible claims?

[/sub]
Emusan:

Intervened in what way

God has not been found to be a known and established factor, in the events and experiences of human.

[/sub]
Emusan:

Because God is LIFE and from Him LIFE exists on earth and up till now no scientific explanation to the origin of LIFE, please don't come with the excuse of, since they don't know it now doesn't mean it can't be known in the future.

Can you establish this claim factually?

[/sub]
Emusan:

There is no concept of God that is man made from Christian perspective.
Logically, if God exists and He brought creation into existence then there is nothing in creation that is beyond His power (Please don't derail this thread by coming with the argument of SATAN-GOD, if you want to do so, kindly open another thread and invite me) and again, God existence will be totally different from how creations exist.

All the misogynistic, slavery, chauvinistic, racist, ignorance induced medical diagnosis etc. That filled the bible established the fact that, the concept of God is human.

[/sub]
Emusan:

The reason why Bible isn't a man's idea is that, Bible always points to God-man relationship which means people do have personal encounter with God from ancient days till date which I'm a living testimony.

Circularity syndrome and anecdotal evidences.

[/sub]
Emusan:

Of course that's where Atheist lack knowledge about the world. We are in the world and everything that happens, happened in the NATURAL world not in spiritual world if not you won't see it.
Even the word 'supernatural' has natural in it.
Miracle simply means where man's ability ends God ability intervened.
I have experienced miracle and by the grace of God, God has helped me to perform miracle. NOTE: I'm not a pastor nor do I own a church.

Anecdotal evidence that establish nothing, except personal mental slant.

[/sub]
Emusan:

Now let me tell you one story:
There was a time in my hometown, there is this major road that links my hometown to another village. Just of a sudden, at one spot accident do frequently occur which has claimed more than 10 persons' life. People begin to wonder what could possibly be happening, people begin to ask different questions.
Then, about three different churches revealed that there is one particular stone in that area that has been bewitched and people should start praying that God should fight any demon sucking blood on that road.
The day God will proof His existence and power, it was like a dream. What happened? That day cloud began to gather, small time rain started falling. In the middle of the rain fall was a very great THUNDER, in fact nobody in my village that doesn't fell the impart of that THUNDER, I remember my Grandma said "wa ooo ibun ti dun" in Yoruba which means "The gun has sounded" and she began to praise God.
After the rain, News broke out that something great has happened, guess what? It was along that road. At the very spot where accident do occur, the stone that was there was broken into pieces as if they used dynamite to blast the stone.
Atheist might said well, somebody went and planted the dynamite to deceive the villagers but if God wants to do His things He doesn't do it without leaving an evident. The path the thunder follows before hitting the stone will be up to 1-2kilometer and guess what, ANYTHING ALONG THAT PATH BE IT TREE OR GRASS were uprooted and the path looked as if it was a Bulldozer that works there. And since that day till I left my hometown not a single case of an accident was reported on that road.
Proves nothing.

[/sub]
Emusan:

These are my questions:
1. Which heavy equipment do you thing man can use around 1990's that can grade a path of 1-2km in just one single strike of a thunder?
2. Why is that particular stone among other stones in that area that was affected?
3. Why does accident cease from that spot after that incident?

NOTE: This is an eyewitness story not them-say-them-say

It changes nothing, from the the fact that it proves nothing, that proves God existence.

[/sub]
Emusan:

You want video from spiritual source right?

Just as no evidence of your God in places you hid it.

[/sub]
Emusan:

No scientific theory for the origin of LIFE that is plausible.
Or let's put it this way, provide evidence for the ORIGIN of LIFE that proves it wasn't from God.

No scientists went researching your God existence. Because there's no basis for that.

[/sub]
Emusan:

Which evidence do you people always talk about?

Empirical, verifiable, reproducible and falsifiable evidences.

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by ScienceWatch: 12:15am On Nov 26, 2016
4kings:

Well the father of the "Holy SCOAN Church" has been proven to be a false prophet.
So i guess i know one of them by their works. grin
The Holy Prophet TB Joshua's prophecy is still correct in the light of the spiritual realm. History is full of example of how nations and individuals are free to change their destiny. Be very careful Nigerians, do not jump so quickly into the trap set by Satanic forces.

* Remember the previously enslaved Jewish nation, they had a 200 year old prophecy that Jesus is the Son Of God and he is coming to enrich us all with Miracles, Signs, Prophecies And wonders. This mind-blowing power was rejected, this changed the outcome of that prophecy in own lives. They have been suffering for more than two thousand years.

There are hundreds of examples in all holy religious books of prophecy that was not understood at the time.

* Remember that the Jewish nation was guided to the Promised Land prophesied to them through Moses. The journey should have taken them a few months.

How do you explain why it took 30 years before they arrived at their destination?
Many people would after 12 months of waiting if the prophecy is true would have jumped like you to claim that Moses is a false prophet.

Because we have FREE WILL, we can change the outcome of any prophecy that directly affects our lives.

America is no different. They changed the outcome of the prophecy in their lives. They will suffer the consequences if their choice was a bad one.
Now we have no more excuse for our ignorance of how the spirit realm on both the dark side and the light side operate in human life, thanks to Emmanuel TV.
It is frightening to hear all the personal testimonies of people that have suffered because of stepping into the dark side.
Can one escape the vicious spiritual traps laid for millions of innocent people by fake pastors, competing religions, cruel governments and science ?
Emmanuel TV provide the most scientifically verifiable evidence of the highest spiritual TRUTH to the world 24 HRS A DAY. Now you too can escape into true light.
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by ScienceWatch: 12:55am On Nov 26, 2016
UyiIredi:

All this and he calls himself ScienceWatch, the irony grin
Are you blind too ? The thread topic is about the existence of God
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by akintom(m): 9:02am On Nov 26, 2016
ScienceWatch:
The Holy Prophet TB Joshua's prophecy is still correct in the light of the spiritual realm. History is full of example of how nations and individuals are free to change their destiny. Be very careful Nigerians, do not jump so quickly into the trap set by Satanic forces.

* Remember the previously enslaved Jewish nation, they had a 200 year old prophecy that Jesus is the Son Of God and he is coming to enrich us all with Miracles, Signs, Prophecies And wonders. This mind-blowing power was rejected, this changed the outcome of that prophecy in own lives. They have been suffering for more than two thousand years.

There are hundreds of examples in all holy religious books of prophecy that was not understood at the time.

* Remember that the Jewish nation was guided to the Promised Land prophesied to them through Moses. The journey should have taken them a few months.

How do you explain why it took 30 years before they arrived at their destination?
Many people would after 12 months of waiting if the prophecy is true would have jumped like you to claim that Moses is a false prophet.

Because we have FREE WILL, we can change the outcome of any prophecy that directly affects our lives.

America is no different. They changed the outcome of the prophecy in their lives. They will suffer the consequences if their choice was a bad one.
Now we have no more excuse for our ignorance of how the spirit realm on both the dark side and the light side operate in human life, thanks to Emmanuel TV.
It is frightening to hear all the personal testimonies of people that have suffered because of stepping into the dark side.
Can one escape the vicious spiritual traps laid for millions of innocent people by fake pastors, competing religions, cruel governments and science ?
Emmanuel TV provide the most scientifically verifiable evidence of the highest spiritual TRUTH to the world 24 HRS A DAY. Now you too can escape into true light.

Are you some kind of metaphysical science watchman?

1 Like

Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by ScienceWatch: 1:11am On Nov 27, 2016
akintom:

Are you some kind of metaphysical science watchman?
Ha Ha ! No, not at all.
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by ScienceWatch: 3:00am On Nov 27, 2016
akintom:

The burden of proof of God existence is on you, who claim to believe and know that it exists.

[/sub]
Science or scientific culture is one universally. Unlike religion that has countless factions, with contradictory unlimited beliefs and claims.

[/sub]
There's nothing like spirit or spirituality in the world view of rational atheists.

[/sub]
Do you claim that the bible is literarily true? Can the claims of Bible be empirically verified? How authentic are the bible claims?

[/sub]
God has not been found to be a known and established factor, in the events and experiences of human.

[/sub]
Can you establish this claim factually?

[/sub]
All the misogynistic, slavery, chauvinistic, racist, ignorance induced medical diagnosis etc. That filled the bible established the fact that, the concept of God is human.

[/sub]
Circularity syndrome and anecdotal evidences.

[/sub]
Anecdotal evidence that establish nothing, except personal mental slant.

[/sub]
Proves nothing.

[/sub]
It changes nothing, from the the fact that it proves nothing, that proves God existence.

[/sub]
Just as no evidence of your God in places you hid it.

[/sub]
No scientists went researching your God existence. Because there's no basis for that.

[/sub]
Empirical, verifiable, reproducible and falsifiable evidences.

Hi Akintom, your high learning is a stumbling block to you. There are Professors that have courageously broken away from the mind-numbing and selfish games know as atheism, agnosticism, rational atheists and other labels invented to accommodate the mentally insane.

It is very painful to be chained to a highly specialized mental skill developed only for a specific task, then foolishly attempt to challenge the existence of God. Meanwhile, Your method of questioning may work when interrogating a drug dealer that is also running a child-care centre.

The words you bring to the investigation of God is a serious hindrance to clarity. Confusion is all you will labour for. ( Empirical, verifiable, reproducible and falsifiable, contradictory unlimited beliefs, There's nothing like spirit or spirituality, God has not been found to be a known and established factor, misogynistic, ignorance induced medical diagnosis , Circularity syndrome and anecdotal evidences, no evidence of your God in places you hid it, No scientists went researching your God existence ) Have mercy on me !

Akindom, How about a simple task for you to do, then come and share your findings with Nairaland members ?
Help us find if the insert below is ignorance induced ;

Here we see Jesus Christ tell Atheists the real reason why they can’t believe the evidence of His miraculous WORKS.

Joh 7:14 Now about the middle of the Jewish religious festival in Israel, Jesus went up into the temple, and taught.
Joh 7:15 And the Jews were amazed, saying, How do this man know this, having never learned?

Joh 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, the doctrine you hear is not mine, but the true God that sent me.
Joh 8:29 And He that sent me is with me: God has not left me alone; for I do always those things that please Him. (Restoring the lives of suffering people.)

Joh 8:38 I speak and do that which I have seen with my Father the true God: and you do that which you have seen with your father Satan.

Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto the Jews, If the true God were your Father, you would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but He sent me.

Joh 8:44 You are from your god, the devil, and the lusts of your god you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and live not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar, and the god of lies.
Consider what Jesus said to the Jews earlier,

Joh 6:65 And Jesus said, I have said to you, that no one can come to me and believe what I am doing, except, if the true God sends them to me.
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by akintom(m): 7:58am On Nov 27, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Hi Akintom, your high learning is a stumbling block to you. There are Professors that have courageously broken away from the mind-numbing and selfish games know as atheism, agnosticism, rational atheists and other labels invented to accommodate the mentally insane.
The more you know, the less ignorant you become.
The more receptive you're to knowledge, the less gullible you become.
The more rational you become by learning, the less religious beliefs makes sense to you.
The more sound minded via learning you are, the less irrational fears has hold on your life

ScienceWatch:

It is very painful to be chained to a highly specialized mental skill developed only for a specific task, then foolishly attempt to challenge the existence of God. Meanwhile, Your method of questioning may work when interrogating a drug dealer that is also running a child-care centre.
The scientific knowledge is for the purpose of understanding our universe and world, so that we can optimize its good and reduce its evil.

But while at this task, we discovered that all the claims of religion, especially Bible, started falling like dominion.

ScienceWatch:

The words you bring to the investigation of God is a serious hindrance to clarity. Confusion is all you will labour for. ( Empirical, verifiable, reproducible and falsifiable, contradictory unlimited beliefs, There's nothing like spirit or spirituality, God has not been found to be a known and established factor, misogynistic, ignorance induced medical diagnosis , Circularity syndrome and anecdotal evidences, no evidence of your God in places you hid it, No scientists went researching your God existence ) Have mercy on me !
That's is the purpose of my writings. To cast doubts on what religious folks believed. By this, they will be compel to ask themselves fundamental questions, about what they have been holding on to, without examining its usefulness.

The end result is demystification of God idea.

ScienceWatch:

Akindom, How about a simple task for you to do, then come and share your findings with Nairaland members ?
Help us find if the insert below is ignorance induced ;
I have established that time over here.

ScienceWatch:

Here we see Jesus Christ tell Atheists the real reason why they can’t believe the evidence of His miraculous WORKS.

Joh 7:14 Now about the middle of the Jewish religious festival in Israel, Jesus went up into the temple, and taught.
Joh 7:15 And the Jews were amazed, saying, How do this man know this, having never learned?
The right question ought to have been, where had Jesus been, before the time he came to preach to them.

The fact that Jesus didn't learn at their synagogue didn't mean, he couldn't had learned somewhere else.

Jesus went to study philosophy, psychology and theology over the period of 13 years to 30 years (historical accounts of the life of Jesus, will educate you more on this). He returned with radical Judaism. Just like radical religious folks of today.

At first it sounded cool to the Jews, who were disillusioned by Roman rule on them (because it was against the experience they had read in Torah). Because they tot Jesus will lead them in revolution against Roman government.

But when Jews realized that Jesus was deluded and can't relate with rational behavior, they went after him. So that he wouldn't make their life under Roman government more difficult.

ScienceWatch:

Joh 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, the doctrine you hear is not mine, but the true God that sent me.
Joh 8:29 And He that sent me is with me: God has not left me alone; for I do always those things that please Him. (Restoring the lives of suffering people.)
Just like the radical doctrines of Boko Haram, both Muslims(civilised ones) and secular folks can't see any rational sense in what they were saying. Only the sect find meaning in the radical doctrines.

Most of the esoteric gists by Jesus, were of the same text and concept, as any of the radical doctrines of extremists in the world.

ScienceWatch:

Joh 8:38 I speak and do that which I have seen with my Father the true God: and you do that which you have seen with your father Satan.
When a man claims to be seeing what others can't see, hear what others can't hear and behaving and arrogating invincible ability to himself, there is just one name for the folk - chronic delusion.

ScienceWatch:

Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto the Jews, If the true God were your Father, you would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but He sent me.
The usual claims of extremists.

ScienceWatch:

Joh 8:44 You are from your god, the devil, and the lusts of your god you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and live not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar, and the god of lies.
In-group and out-group psychology.

ScienceWatch:

Consider what Jesus said to the Jews earlier,

Joh 6:65 And Jesus said, I have said to you, that no one can come to me and believe what I am doing, except, if the true God sends them to me.

The more esoteric and conflicting the message, the easier it's to confuse the gullible.
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 27, 2016
Time-wasting enterprise. The burden of proof rest not on Christians, the onus rather is on Atheists to prove SOMETHING came out of NOTHING, which they haven't been able to do convincingly.

Nothing puzzles me more than humans looking for the logical symmetry behind a phenomenon too complex for their little human brains. We don't even have the cure for AIDS, and yet we are uppity enough to think that we know the origin of the universe. Such folly.
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by akintom(m): 8:16am On Nov 27, 2016
[quote author=DarkRebel101 post=51411075] v[i]Time-wasting venture[/i]. The burden of proof rest not on Christians,the onus rather is on Atheists to prove SOMETHING came out of NOTHING, which they haven't been able to do convincingly[quote]

you simply don't understand scientific culture.

With science, knowledge is progressive (the reason for gradual civilization of the world).

With religion, knowledge is completely complete (nothing can be added to it or taken from it).

[quote author=DarkRebel101 post=51411075]
Nothing puzzles me than human looking for the logical symmetry behind a phenomenon too complex for their little human brains[quote]
There's nothing complex in God idea or religious idiocy. It's to the folks infested with religious ideas, that it's complex. I
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by 4kings: 9:45am On Nov 27, 2016
ScienceWatch:

Silly excuse.
Why make prophecies when u are not certain? Is your God not Omniscient?

Or should we start calling them "Opinions"?
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
DarkRebel101:
Time-wasting enterprise. The burden of proof rest not on Christians, the onus rather is on Atheists to prove SOMETHING came out of NOTHING, which they haven't been able to do convincingly.

Nothing puzzles me more than humans looking for the logical symmetry behind a phenomenon too complex for their little human brains. We don't even have the cure for AIDS, and yet we are uppity enough to think that we know the origin of the universe. Such folly.

What something came out of nothing? And if we have to prove our beliefs why aren't you required to prove yours?

Astrophysics and medical sciences are two separate fields, the difficulty in finding a cure to the virus is due to its nature, 50 years ago hiv was fatal but not now. Such is science.
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
LightandDarkness:

What something came out of nothing? And if we have to prove our beliefs why aren't you required to prove yours?

We aren't require to prove anything because our practices and belief system are anchored on faith.

In a court of law, the onus falls upon the accuser to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the person he-she is accusing is guilty.

The accusers in this case are the Atheists, and none of you has been able to convincingly disprove the existence of a supreme, sentient being from which all life took rise.

Astrophysics and medical sciences are two separate fields, the difficulty in finding a cure to the virus is due to its nature, 50 years ago hiv was fatal but not now. Such is science.

It's still all under the same umbrella of science. That's besides the point, anyway.

Copernicus once said that we are but specks on the earth, which is but a speck in the solar system, which is but a speck in the universe, which is but a speck in something impossible to apprehend by way of human knowledge.

The point is, maybe our minds aren't built to fathom the immensity and intricacy of how we came about, or maybe we haven't evolved to the extent that incursions into that territory would yield answers rather than birth more puzzling enigmas.
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
DarkRebel101:

We aren't require to prove anything because our practices and belief system are anchored on faith.

In a court of law, the onus falls upon the accuser to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the person he-she is accusing is guilty.

The accusers in this case are the Atheists, and none of you has been able to convincingly disprove the existence of a supreme, sentient being from which all life took rise.

It's still all under the same umbrella of science. That's besides the point, anyway.

Copernicus once said that we are but specks on the earth, which is but a speck in the solar system, which is but a speck in the universe, which is but a speck in something impossible to apprehend by way of human knowledge.

The point is, maybe our minds aren't built to fathom the immensity and intricacy of how we came about, or maybe we haven't evolved to the extent that incursions into that territory would yield answers rather than birth more puzzling enigmas.

"We aren't require to prove anything because our practices and belief system are anchored on faith" So no point applying logic, faith is enough?

"The accusers in this case are the Atheists, and none of you has been able to convincingly disprove the existence of a supreme, sentient being from which all life took rise." It goes both ways if we have to prove to you then you have to prove to us, the best proofs you have are simply gaps and piggybacking, but it seems at the end of it all it'll just be "take it on faith".

Interesting you bring up Copernicus, left to the catholic church we would still think the earth revolved around the sun simply because some people took this passage "Joshua commanding the Sun to stand still (Joshua 10:10-15)" a bit too literally. The fact is in 100 years we've come so so far in our understanding of the world around us which goes to show me that if we dont know something yet we'll know it soon.
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 27, 2016
LightandDarkness:

So no point applying logic, faith is enough?

I can't speak for every Christian, but I can speak for myself. I apply logic to the sacred scriptures when application thereof is apropos, but I also know some phenomenons defy the canons of logic, and that it would be foolhardy to attempt to use logic in such scenarios.

It goes both ways if we have to prove to you then you have to prove to us, the best proofs you have are simply gaps and piggybacking, but it seems at the end of it all it'll just be "take it on faith".

Take the week in preparing a well-rounded argument that disproves the existence of God/gods, then create a thread on Nairaland and have me tagged on it.

Do that and I would present my argument in like manner – not the argument of faith this time around.

I've thrown the gauntlet at your feet, it's up to you to accept or decline the challenge.

Interesting you bring up Copernicus, left to the catholic church we would still think the earth revolved around the sun simply because some people took this passage "Joshua commanding the Sun to stand still (Joshua 10:10-15)" a bit too literally. The fact is in 100 years we've come so so far in our understanding of the world around us which goes to show me that if we dont know something yet we'll know it soon.

Those were the Dark Ages, even so, the fault lies with Christians, not Christianity.
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
DarkRebel101:

I can't speak for every Christian, but I can speak for myself. I apply logic to the sacred scriptures when application thereof is apropos, but I also know some phenomenons defy the canons of logic, and it that it would be foolhardy to attempt to use logic in such scenarios.

Take the week in preparing a well-rounded argument that disproves the existence of God/gods, then create a thread on Nairaland and have me tagged on it.

Do that and I would present my argument in like manner – not the argument of faith this time around.

I've thrown the gauntlet at your feet, it's up to you to accept or decline the challenge.

Those were the Dark Ages, even so, the fault lies with Christians, not Christianity.

If you were fair with legioc you would realise there is a high chance the stories in the bible aren't real.

And no I wont make one long post, i'm not that committed to proving anything here, i'm happy with short discussions.

The fault lies with both christians and christianity.
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by ScienceWatch: 12:23am On Nov 28, 2016
akintom:
The more you know, the less ignorant you become.
The more receptive you're to knowledge, the less gullible you become.
The more rational you become by learning, the less religious beliefs makes sense to you.
The more sound minded via learning you are, the less irrational fears has hold on your life

The scientific knowledge is for the purpose of understanding our universe and world, so that we can optimize its good and reduce its evil.

But while at this task, we discovered that all the claims of religion, especially Bible, started falling like dominion.

That's is the purpose of my writings. To cast doubts on what religious folks believed. By this, they will be compel to ask themselves fundamental questions, about what they have been holding on to, without examining its usefulness. The real purpose of your writings result in growing moral decay !

The end result is demystification of God idea. The end result is - No God/Creator !

I have established that time over here.

The right question ought to have been, where had Jesus been, before the time he came to preach to them.

The fact that Jesus didn't learn at their synagogue didn't mean, he couldn't had learned somewhere else. WRONG !

Jesus went to study philosophy, psychology and theology over the period of 13 years to 30 years (historical accounts of the life of Jesus, will educate you more on this). He returned with radical Judaism. Just like radical religious folks of today. HARMFUL SCIENTIFIC SPECULATION !

At first it sounded cool to the Jews, who were disillusioned by Roman rule on them (because it was against the experience they had read in Torah). Because they tot Jesus will lead them in revolution against Roman government.

But when Jews realized that Jesus was deluded and can't relate with rational behavior, they went after him. So that he wouldn't make their life under Roman government more difficult. YOU DONT TAKE YOUR LOGIC FAR ENOUGH TO SEE THE CONSEQUENCES FOR JEWS AFTER THEY KILLED JESUS.

Just like the radical doctrines of Boko Haram, both Muslims(civilised ones) and secular folks can't see any rational sense in what they were saying. Only the sect find meaning in the radical doctrines.

Most of the esoteric gists by Jesus, were of the same text and concept, as any of the radical doctrines of extremists in the world.

When a man claims to be seeing what others can't see, hear what others can't hear and behaving and arrogating invincible ability to himself, there is just one name for the folk - chronic delusion.

The usual claims of extremists.

In-group and out-group psychology.

The more esoteric and conflicting the message, the easier it's to confuse the gullible.
Hi Akintom, basic logic is never enough to form opinions on matters far beyond logic.

The basic logic you used here could be the reason why Many branches of science, especially medical, psychology and psychiatry is still the main cause of prolonged suffering forced on the masses today. One must not be surprised at the miserable results of science for the past two hundred years.

A far more superior way of dealing with the physical and mental health of the masses was established more than two thousand years ago by the same man you label as "radical, extremist and delusional."
Thanks to the freely available access world wide to Emmanuel TV 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, where millions of critical thinkers can easily compare what science has to offer with what Jesus is still offering. No Faith is needed to concluded that the man you despise is the greatest effective healer of problems science admit they know very little about, but are in it for the money.
It is not difficult to understand why science has tried and failed to block this higher TRUTH from the masses.

Akintom, You may have more satisfaction applying basic logic and narrow faulty reason to problems created by the same mind set.

View an extract from https://jonbarron.org/cancer-alternative-cancer-therapies/worlds-greatest-medical-failures

“Specifically, my purpose in this newsletter is to confront the very foundational philosophy and system of the modern medical paradigm -- a philosophy that costs trillions and a system that promises hope, but delivers misery.
No one, including many inside the medical community, can help but acknowledge these great failings. Sadly, for all our education and massive expenditures, modern medicine has failed miserably. You may wonder why.”

In fact, there are some who would argue that today's medicine has even gone beyond treating the body as a machine -- that today's doctors have taken things to a whole new level of absurdity. They treat the body as a mere set of "numbers." When you go to your doctor now, he or she orders up a series of very expensive tests (blood work, PSA, EEG, etc.), each of which produces a set of numbers. Then, based on where your numbers fall relative to a chart of "normal" numbers, your doctor prescribes a series of drugs to move your numbers up or down so that they fall within the "norm." In this model, even symptoms don't matter -- only the numbers.

As it turns out, the body as machine paradigm works very well in surgical repair. If you break an arm, the doctor works with that part of the machine and repairs your arm. If you are wounded by a bullet, the doctor removes the bullet and repairs all of the separate parts of your body damaged by the bullet -- again, problem solved!

Unfortunately, the paradigm's failures become most evident when we look at the major diseases of our time -- cancer, heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's, etc.

The failure of cancer treatments
The standard treatments for cancer are surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy. Do any of these treatments do one single thing to address the actual causes of cancer? And the answer, of course, is no, they do not. All they do is "attempt" to remove the manifestation of the cancer that results from these causes. To believe they address the underlying causes of your cancer, you would have to believe that you got cancer in the first place because your body was suffering from a deficiency of radiation or chemotherapy. No one believes that, not even your doctor. Is it any wonder then that these treatments have had such a poor track record? And on top of everything else, we now know that radiation and chemotherapy are known carcinogens. They significantly compound the problem!

The failure of diabetes treatments
Standard medical treatment offers several flawed approaches:

Drugs like metformin seek to inhibit the absorption of high glycemic carbohydrates in the intestinal tract and enhance insulin sensitivity in the body, thereby reducing the need for extra insulin.
The major problem with metformin is its effect on the gastrointestinal system, ranging from a mild loss of appetite to nausea, vomiting, abdominal discomfort, cramps, flatulence and diarrhea. Many patients find these symptoms impossible to cope with and discontinue the tablets within days.
Lactic acidosis is a rare but dangerous side effect of metformin. This is a serious condition where the cells of the body do not get enough oxygen to survive. It is caused by a build up of lactic acid in the blood. Most of the cases described have been in people whose kidneys were not working well -- an inevitable problem with diabetes.
Drugs like glyburide work by stimulating the pancreas to release more insulin.
Glyburide is so effective that you need to carry glucose pills with you in case you produce so much insulin that your blood sugar drops too low and you fall into a diabetic coma. Although this rarely happens, it is indicative of the larger problems with glyburide:
It raises insulin levels so high that your body faces all of the problems of high insulin levels discussed above.
It doesn't repair beta cells; it just forces them to work harder -- thus speeding up the day when they break down and become dysfunctional.
Extra insulin in the form of pills or injections cover you when the beta cells in your pancreas have burned out and can no longer produce sufficient insulin by themselves or even when stimulated by drugs such as glyburide -- until, that is, your body's insulin resistance is so high that no amount of insulin is adequate for the task at hand. At that point, your body goes into rapid decay.
And when all is said and done, it should be noted that a huge study published earlier this year found that aggressively using these drugs to lower blood sugar levels actually resulted in an increased risk of death. The more they were used, the greater the risk.
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by promise10: 8:57am On Nov 28, 2016
Seun taking comments down.....

hahahaha

some guys can be funny.
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by akintom(m): 11:24am On Nov 29, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Hi Akintom, basic logic is never enough to form opinions on matters far beyond logic.

The basic logic you used here could be the reason why Many branches of science, especially medical, psychology and psychiatry is still the main cause of prolonged suffering forced on the masses today. One must not be surprised at the miserable results of science for the past two hundred years.

A far more superior way of dealing with the physical and mental health of the masses was established more than two thousand years ago by the same man you label as "radical, extremist and delusional."
Thanks to the freely available access world wide to Emmanuel TV 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, where millions of critical thinkers can easily compare what science has to offer with what Jesus is still offering. No Faith is needed to concluded that the man you despise is the greatest effective healer of problems science admit they know very little about, but are in it for the money.
It is not difficult to understand why science has tried and failed to block this higher TRUTH from the masses.

Akintom, You may have more satisfaction applying basic logic and narrow faulty reason to problems created by the same mind set.

View an extract from https://jonbarron.org/cancer-alternative-cancer-therapies/worlds-greatest-medical-failures

“Specifically, my purpose in this newsletter is to confront the very foundational philosophy and system of the modern medical paradigm -- a philosophy that costs trillions and a system that promises hope, but delivers misery.
No one, including many inside the medical community, can help but acknowledge these great failings. Sadly, for all our education and massive expenditures, modern medicine has failed miserably. You may wonder why.”

In fact, there are some who would argue that today's medicine has even gone beyond treating the body as a machine -- that today's doctors have taken things to a whole new level of absurdity. They treat the body as a mere set of "numbers." When you go to your doctor now, he or she orders up a series of very expensive tests (blood work, PSA, EEG, etc.), each of which produces a set of numbers. Then, based on where your numbers fall relative to a chart of "normal" numbers, your doctor prescribes a series of drugs to move your numbers up or down so that they fall within the "norm." In this model, even symptoms don't matter -- only the numbers.

As it turns out, the body as machine paradigm works very well in surgical repair. If you break an arm, the doctor works with that part of the machine and repairs your arm. If you are wounded by a bullet, the doctor removes the bullet and repairs all of the separate parts of your body damaged by the bullet -- again, problem solved!

Unfortunately, the paradigm's failures become most evident when we look at the major diseases of our time -- cancer, heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's, etc.

The failure of cancer treatments
The standard treatments for cancer are surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy. Do any of these treatments do one single thing to address the actual causes of cancer? And the answer, of course, is no, they do not. All they do is "attempt" to remove the manifestation of the cancer that results from these causes. To believe they address the underlying causes of your cancer, you would have to believe that you got cancer in the first place because your body was suffering from a deficiency of radiation or chemotherapy. No one believes that, not even your doctor. Is it any wonder then that these treatments have had such a poor track record? And on top of everything else, we now know that radiation and chemotherapy are known carcinogens. They significantly compound the problem!

The failure of diabetes treatments
Standard medical treatment offers several flawed approaches:

Drugs like metformin seek to inhibit the absorption of high glycemic carbohydrates in the intestinal tract and enhance insulin sensitivity in the body, thereby reducing the need for extra insulin.
The major problem with metformin is its effect on the gastrointestinal system, ranging from a mild loss of appetite to nausea, vomiting, abdominal discomfort, cramps, flatulence and diarrhea. Many patients find these symptoms impossible to cope with and discontinue the tablets within days.
Lactic acidosis is a rare but dangerous side effect of metformin. This is a serious condition where the cells of the body do not get enough oxygen to survive. It is caused by a build up of lactic acid in the blood. Most of the cases described have been in people whose kidneys were not working well -- an inevitable problem with diabetes.
Drugs like glyburide work by stimulating the pancreas to release more insulin.
Glyburide is so effective that you need to carry glucose pills with you in case you produce so much insulin that your blood sugar drops too low and you fall into a diabetic coma. Although this rarely happens, it is indicative of the larger problems with glyburide:
It raises insulin levels so high that your body faces all of the problems of high insulin levels discussed above.
It doesn't repair beta cells; it just forces them to work harder -- thus speeding up the day when they break down and become dysfunctional.
Extra insulin in the form of pills or injections cover you when the beta cells in your pancreas have burned out and can no longer produce sufficient insulin by themselves or even when stimulated by drugs such as glyburide -- until, that is, your body's insulin resistance is so high that no amount of insulin is adequate for the task at hand. At that point, your body goes into rapid decay.
And when all is said and done, it should be noted that a huge study published earlier this year found that aggressively using these drugs to lower blood sugar levels actually resulted in an increased risk of death. The more they were used, the greater the risk.

You have simply presented yourself, as a severely ignorant folk, who knows next to nothing, of the value of science and specifically, medical science.

Wipe off all the advances of medical science, you will be back in era whereby a single microorganism caused epidemic, can wipe out a whole community.

You certainly wish that type of era, so that you and your prophet can continue to hold the victims to ransom.

I have done MR for various folks, who went to see your prophet for healing, they ALL came back, WITHOUT exception, with their diagnosis.

Stop displaying falsehood.
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by ScienceWatch: 3:01am On Dec 03, 2016
akintom:

You have simply presented yourself, as a severely ignorant folk, who knows next to nothing, of the value of science and specifically, medical science.

Wipe off all the advances of medical science, you will be back in era whereby a single microorganism caused epidemic, can wipe out a whole community.

You certainly wish that type of era, so that you and your prophet can continue to hold the victims to ransom.

I have done MR for various folks, who went to see your prophet for healing, they ALL came back, WITHOUT exception, with their diagnosis.

Stop displaying falsehood.

Atheism is a mental disorder or illness :

The results of this study have unnerved even the most stoic scientists, physicians and researchers.

New information from a 22-year old study at a German University has many psychiatrists and psychologists throughout the world wondering if atheism is a sign or warning of a more serious mental illness already present or in the process of developing.

Doctors are searching for a gene that might cause a correlation between serious mental illness and what they are calling “overt atheism.”

For the time being psychiatrists and research psychologists in Germany and Switzerland are calling this medical anomaly, “The Misfit Syndrome.”
Doctors at the University in Hamburg have been investigating the connection between religious beliefs and overall mental health and the results of the study have unnerved even the most stoic scientists, physicians and researchers.
View the full article here:
http://thedamienzone.com/2012/08/17/atheism-as-a-mental-disorder-or-illness-new-studies-say-yes/
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by ScienceWatch: 3:03am On Dec 03, 2016
4kings:

I'm not an atheist.

And yes, it's how your emotions are influenced. Whether by reason, emotional blackmail, influence from family and friends, or miracles experienced.
Atheism is a mental illness….
The insane men who founded atheism also have the greatest influence on Psychology and Psychiatry, Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud,

Thomas Henry Huxley and Nietzsche all shared certain common experiences and a definite psychological pattern is evident. Their early childhoods were marked by some form of spiritual training. They were men whose dominating, overbearing and even abusive fathers led them to rebellion and renunciations of God.
They endured cold, ruthless parents, grew up in an environment of bullying and abuse often done in the name of God.
These boys hated their fathers, these spiritual wounds festered a rebellion against a hostile father they identified with a hostile God. They made it their lives work to destroy the God who had come to symbolize their father.

Charles Darwin – he lived the greatest portion of his life in deep depression, there is a history of mental illness in his family. He believed his dad had the power of prediction; He had an endless catalogue of psychosomatic illnesses and lived as a semi invalid barely past thirty.

Thomas Henry Huxley- he detested his hot tempered father he suffered terrible bullying at school and had a terrible fear of insanity, which ran in his family. In fact his father died in an insane asylum. His hatred of God was rooted in the fear that the insanity in his family was caused by unclean spirits. He believed he had been poisoned by vapours from a dead body. After his only son dies of scarlet fever he detested God and believed he was cruel, hostile, angry and indifferent to suffering.

Nietzsche – Grew up with no male role model, he was a repressed homosexual and a victim of syphilis, depression and senility. He blamed his mom for the death of his father.
Sigmund Freud – he believed a female is a failed boy and he was obsessed with the incestuous conquest of his mother and rivalry with his dad. The desire to have sex with his mother and kill his father haunted his dreams. He believed women wanted sex with there fathers and stories of rape and molestation were fantasies. Instead of victims these women were villains.

These four prophets of atheism and many more all had powerful domineering fathers. They were fearful, weak, submissive kids. They all grew up with a history of headaches, depression , obsessive fears, extreme shyness, intestinal disorders, and made it there lives work to destroy God who had come to symbolize there fathers.

“ Its Madness”
View full article here:
http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Atheism-is-a-mental-illness-20120413
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by ScienceWatch: 1:47am On Dec 04, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Are you blind too ? The thread topic is about the existence of God
Finally the world have all the proof they need of the existance of a true God. Gods miracle healings in the Holy Scoan Church have no negative side effects.
The Holy Prophet TB Joshua says, “It is a sin for sick people to go into any church of JESUS CHRIST and go home the same.” It is written, “Jesus and His Pastors healed everyone.” Freely – No charge!

The Holy Prophet TB Joshua freely gives evidence [/b]of scientific medically verifiable truth in the church and on Emmanuel TV and youtube.com 24hrs per day, 7 days per week.

[b]Not that medical science can ever be the judge here
, as history sadly proves. Science is entrenched in materialism, GOD IS SPIRIT.
In the Holy Scoan Church, Nigeria, people of many different religions and belief systems from all over the world are healed and delivered from demonic possession completely and then is often verified by a lower role player known as medical science.

The abundance of live testimonies is breath-taking. The Holy Prophet TB Joshua says, “It is a sin for sick people to go into any church of JESUS CHRIST and go home the same.” It is written, “Jesus and His Pastors healed everyone.” Freely – No charge !

(What are these WORKS that Jesus always refer to ?
They are the miracles, prophecy, signs and wonders. Jesus also instructs all pastors, ministers, evangelists to do the same, He says to them,”As my father sent me, so send I you.” )

John 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very WORKS sake. (miracles, signs, prophecy and wonders)

[b]Today, two thousand years later, [/b]Christ is separating the wheat from the chafe. He is separating fake pastors from His chosen ones.
Church goers world wide finally have powerful scientifically verifiable evidence of the true Love of God. For too long Church goers have been fooled.
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by ScienceWatch: 2:17am On Dec 04, 2016
Albert Einstein - Defrauded his own Theory of Relativity.

Albert Einstein - did not believe in a personal God. A God that will heal and deliver.

Although today he has been proven wrong by the overwhelming biblical and scientifically vrifiable evidence coming out of Scoan Church Nigeria. However, it is interesting how he arrived at that conclusion.

While developing the theory of relativity, Einstein realized that his mathematical equations led to the conclusion that the universe had a beginning. But because he was atheist/deist/agnostic/humanist etc he defrauded the results to fit in with his own beliefs. Can scientists be trusted ?

Einstein didn't like the idea of a beginning of the universe , because he thought one would have to conclude that the universe was created by God. So, he cunningly added a cosmological constant to his mathematical equation to attempt to get rid of the evidence of a beginning of the universe.

He said this was one of the worst mistakes of his life.

If we wont worship the creator God,, we are atheists. Don’t be confused with the many fancy titles created, they all mean the same thing in the end.
UyiIredi:

All this and he calls himself ScienceWatch, the irony grin
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by 4kings: 9:48pm On Dec 04, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Atheism is a mental illness….
The insane men who founded atheism also have the greatest influence on Psychology and Psychiatry, Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud,
Atheism has been in existence even before Socrates Era.
Atheism has nothing to do with mental illness, it's just a philosophical point of view.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:56pm On Dec 04, 2016
4kings:

Atheism has nothing to do with mental illness, it's just a philosophical point of view.

A philosophical point of view of the mentally disabled

https://www.nairaland.com/3493419/researches-reveal-atheism-devastating-effects

grin
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by 4kings: 10:01pm On Dec 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

A philosophical point of view of the mentally disabled

https://www.nairaland.com/3493419/researches-reveal-atheism-devastating-effects

grin
I saw that your ridiculous thread, but decided not to comment.
I'm very sure you know how ridiculous the generalization of that research was.
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by ScienceWatch: 2:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
4kings:

Hi 4kings, We have sat here for 2 hours examining your comments and came to the conclusion that we can not help you directly, we instead refer you to the post below directed to the esteemed and enlightened readers of Nairaland ;

When we want to play the meaningless and confusing games that atheists/ deists/ agnostics play. Games that add no value to society.

It will go something like this;

Q : from 4kings : Atheism has been in existence even before Socrates Era ?
A : Socrates believed that mental illness was heaven-sent and not shameful in the least. He believed it to be a blessing, and therefore no treatment was required.

Q : from 4kings : Atheism has nothing to do with mental illness, it's just a philosophical point of view ?
A : New information from a 22-year old study at a German University[/b] has many psychiatrists and psychologists throughout the world wondering if atheism/ deism, agnosticsm is a sign or warning of a more serious mental illness already present or in the process of developing. Atheists or people who are very strident about their atheism are heavily prone to mental illness:

“There were 17,809 people in the study. It was a very large model as far as psychological experiments go.” This came as quite a shock to us as we studied patient after patient.”

The results of this study have unnerved [/b]even the most stoic scientists, physicians and researchers.

[b]Athiesm/ deism/ agnosticm is a treat to a stable society:

[b]The gods of the [/b]agnostic, atheist, deists, humanist are disguises, but underneath the mask you with find big trouble.

[b]At least protect the youth of the world [/b]from this soul destroying satanic inspired belief systems that ends in a Mental Asylum. You will seek help in times of need and these groups will mock you instead. Mercy can not be found among them !

The end result is that you will soon suffer unexplained anger, moodiness, depression, inability to forgive, cruelty, etc, etc, etc. Then you will be ready to except scientific solutions to spiritual problems. They will give you dangerous mind altering drugs that has no cure.
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by 4kings: 2:45pm On Dec 05, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Hi 4kings, We have sat here for 2 hours examining your comments and came to the conclusion that we can not help you directly, we instead refer you to the post below directed to the esteemed and enlightened readers of Nairaland ;

When we want to play the meaningless and confusing games that atheists/ deists/ agnostics play. Games that add no value to society.

It will go something like this;

Q : from 4kings : Atheism has been in existence even before Socrates Era ?
A : Socrates believed that mental illness was heaven-sent and not shameful in the least. He believed it to be a blessing, and therefore no treatment was required.

Q : from 4kings : Atheism has nothing to do with mental illness, it's just a philosophical point of view ?
A : New information from a 22-year old study at a German University[/b] has many psychiatrists and psychologists throughout the world wondering if atheism/ deism, agnosticsm is a sign or warning of a more serious mental illness already present or in the process of developing. Atheists or people who are very strident about their atheism are heavily prone to mental illness:

“There were 17,809 people in the study. It was a very large model as far as psychological experiments go.” This came as quite a shock to us as we studied patient after patient.”

The results of this study have unnerved [/b]even the most stoic scientists, physicians and researchers.

[b]Athiesm/ deism/ agnosticm is a treat to a stable society:

[b]The gods of the [/b]agnostic, atheist, deists, humanist are disguises, but underneath the mask you with find big trouble.

[b]At least protect the youth of the world [/b]from this soul destroying satanic inspired belief systems that ends in a Mental Asylum. You will seek help in times of need and these groups will mock you instead. Mercy can not be found among them !

The end result is that you will soon suffer unexplained anger, moodiness, depression, inability to forgive, cruelty, etc, etc, etc. Then you will be ready to except scientific solutions to spiritual problems. They will give you dangerous mind altering drugs that has no cure.
What's the meaning of this?
So Bill Gates or Steve Jobs founder of the OS u are using have mental issues?

Your hatred for atheist/deist/agnostic has nothing to do with their mental health.
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by MrMontella(m): 4:05pm On Dec 05, 2016
4kings:

Your hatred for atheist/deist/agnostic has nothing to do with their mental health.
brother...abeg leave that guy...
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by 4kings: 4:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
MrMontella:

brother...abeg leave that guy...
I tire 4 am ooo
Re: Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence by ScienceWatch: 4:55pm On Dec 05, 2016
4kings:

Well done 4king, you right again ! my point is not directed to the real mental health problems resulting from the denial of Jesus and therefore the God he reveals.

The thrust of all this is concern for the devastating social consequences of atheism/deism/agnosticism and other satanically inspired ideas.

How do atheists/deists/agnostics,etc use defence mechanisms to deny God or a personal God? Richard Dawkins, PZ Myers, Sam Harris and others. They are angry and resentful people and shift the blame to other for the problems in their own lives. Now filled with hatred, they invent ideas that trap themselves and others. What follows are what psychologists and psychiatrist believe to be the major ways.

DENIAL: This mechanism is very simple: the atheist/deist simply denies reality and does so with intensity and persistence. There are people who are told by doctors daily that they have a terminal illness. They hear and see many people have been miraculously healed. Their way of coping is to deny that it could be true. Atheists/deist do the same: they intensely and persistently deny that God could exist. They block out the possibility and fight it with all their might.

RATIONALIZATIONS: This is a favorite mechanism of atheists/deist. It is simply the reliance on logical-sounding but false reasons to negate reality. Atheists/deist will offer countless “logical-sounding” reasons why God does not exist, or why atheists/deist cannot accept the existence of God or religion or that miraculous healings are as simple as breathing. They are very creative at doing so, and they specialize in using pedantic language to sound convincing to others and to themselves. They fool themselves that they are of superior intelligence and that they must be correct in their conclusions. In reality, they are simply foolish rationalizers.
How do atheists use defence mechanisms to deny God

REPRESSION: This mechanism entails forcing painful experiences into the sub-conscious unconsciously. The atheist/deist/agnostic who uses this mechanism is not aware of it. All of existence shouts out miraculous, "design." Every little detail in nature offers evidence of the Artist’s miraculous touch. One only has to stop, observe and see that we are not surrounded by the grotesque, but by beauty, unity and miraculous harmony. The atheist mind will not stop and observe and see the connection. If they do stop to look, they will acknowledge the miraculous art -- but not the artist.

SUPPRESSION: Suppression is similar to repression, but with one exception: it is conscious. Science is continually offering evidence of miraculous intricacy and brilliance on the Creator’s part. The concept of miraculous design is daily being reinforced by all the sciences. Accepting the evidence of miraculous design for former atheist, Anthony Flew, may have been painful at first, but he finally accepted the glaring reality. Most atheists/deist will not. They will consciously “reject” the evidence, without any fair and sufficient analysis. And finally exclude God or reject the power of miracles in religion.

DISPLACEMENT: This mechanism has to do with transferring feelings from one deserving object to another undeserving one. As explained above, many Atheists/deists are angry and hurt, because of abuse or mistreatment by authority figures, parents, religious people or religious leaders. In time, they transfer their anger to God who allowed the events that caused their pain to take place. The end result of this mechanism is to abolish/destroy what they see as the ultimate source of their pain: God.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Divine Revelation || The Emergence Of The Queen Of Coast: How She Came To Be!! / Buddhism / The Naked Truth About Lazarus Mouka (the Lord’s Choosen)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.