Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Nass:n500bn Social Intervention Scheme Has Failed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nass:n500bn Social Intervention Scheme Has Failed (530 Views)

White Paper That Indicted Amaechi Of Embezzling N500bn Rivers Fund - ScanNews / FOI:SERAP Sues Saraki,dogara Over Failure To Give Account Of N500bn Running Cost / Only 5% Of N500bn Social Intervention Funds Released – Rep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nass:n500bn Social Intervention Scheme Has Failed by edunwablog: 5:27am On Nov 22, 2016
PRESIDENCY has said the federal government has spent just less than one billion naira on the Social Welfare Scheme for which N500billion was budgeted. Special Adviser to the president on Social Protection Plan, Mariam Uwais, who made the disclosure to the National Assembly Joint Committees on Appropriation, stated that since the budget became law earlier this year, the sum of N25billion had been released to the scheme. She however expressed optimism that another N40billion would be released to it before the end of the year. According to her, there is still hope that some N60billion could be spent on the scheme before the end of the year. “Out of the N500billion appropriated for the social intervention programme, we have not spent up to N1billion. We have been preparing, we have the framework in place but unfortunately, we did not get the release early enough. By the end of this month, we would have spent up to N60billion,” she said. At a meeting by the Appropriation Committees of the Senate and the House of Representatives to consider President Muhammadu Buhari’s request for virement of N180billion from the N6.06trillion 2016 budget, some agencies presented figures which conflicted sharply with the figures presented by the president. The joint committee expressed shock that the Social Intervention Scheme which was a key campaign point of the administration could be treated with such disdain, to the extent that only less than N1billion had been spent out of the huge N500billion. Members of the committee led by the chairmen of the Senate and House of Representatives Committees on Appropriation, Dajuma Goje and Mustapha Bala Dawaki respectively, raised issues about the readiness of the executive arm of government to implement the scheme. Leading the committee in expressing dismay on the slow implementation of the scheme, Goje said: “I don’t know if you are aware that this your agency is borne out of our campaign promises; and you’re here to say that you don’t need the money. You don’t need the balance of the money, you want it appropriated to other agencies. After we have promised people that we are going to provide them money and the money will be sent to them. It’s quite sad.” The conflict in the figures presented by the president and those by the agencies became noticeable in respect of the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC. The embarrassing development aroused the attention of lawmakers when the director of Finance and Accounts in NYSC, Mr. AIB Adeleke informed the committee that the corps only needed N8.5billion as opposed to the N19.792billion proposed by the president. Surprised, Goje asked Adeleke to be sure of his facts and figures, but the NYSC finance director stood his ground. The Director-General of Budget, Ben Akabueze swiftly informed the committee that Adeleke surely got the figures mixed up. Akabueze said there was another sum of N11.2billion which the NYSC had requested earlier in the year, adding that the president simply wanted to take care of all the needs of the NYSC at once by asking for N19.792billion. When called upon later to declare his final position, Adeleke simply said “I agree with the submission of the DG Budget.” Other
More at http://www.akelicious.com/2016/11/nassn500bn-social-intervention-scheme.html?m=1

Re: Nass:n500bn Social Intervention Scheme Has Failed by Atiku2019: 5:30am On Nov 22, 2016
Atiku Abubakar a man of Wisdom and Courage wink

#Atiku2019
Re: Nass:n500bn Social Intervention Scheme Has Failed by Sunnymatey(m): 5:42am On Nov 22, 2016
APC was formed on a faulty foundation. All their programs are bound to crash. The poster above should be weary CHANGE

1 Like

Re: Nass:n500bn Social Intervention Scheme Has Failed by tinsel: 6:27am On Nov 22, 2016
I really don't know what is happening to this government. I am not sure if it is internal sabotage or something else.
But one thing I am sure is it is the most confused and disoriented government in the history of Nigeria. Don't expect much change when every official of the government is on his/her own. No coordination.
After listening to the speach of the secretary to the federal government the other day, I concluded that nigerians are in for a long thing. The only small thing holding Buhari is his little war against corruption, but this one I am not sure of it. This is a completely failed government. Again, let us keep our hope alive. Things might change in the remaining years of his government.
Re: Nass:n500bn Social Intervention Scheme Has Failed by jhydebaba(m): 6:35am On Nov 22, 2016
APC promised us 3 million jobs yearly. After two years they can still employ 5% of the figure. Even the one they are taking forever to do is contract job.

naija which way now
Re: Nass:n500bn Social Intervention Scheme Has Failed by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:40am On Nov 22, 2016
Please can someone tell me what this government has achieved? Who has been successfully jailed with all the noise about corruption and arrests?!!
Re: Nass:n500bn Social Intervention Scheme Has Failed by freeze001(f): 8:05am On Nov 22, 2016
Let's practice some zombiespeak:

'Baba is on track, at least we can see their confusion. If it was the time of that IB, we'll not hear anything.'

Another one:
'I stand with Baba no matter what! Baba has integrity and will not tolerate thieves!'

Yet another one:
'Baba knows best! He cannot steal. He has put the best team on ground. IF u cannot see what Bans has achieved in just one year compared to '6 years' of Jonathan(for them, 2010-2015=6years... undecided) then u must be blind.'

I can't keep repeating their typical junk please, before it takes a toll on me! I apologise to intelligent persons here whom I have subjected to a replay of zombie stupidity... grin

(1) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Leads NASS Members 2 Congratulate Dickson On His Supreme Court Victory / President-elect Trump Deserves His Dues / Mixed Reaction As Atiku Abubakar Celebrates Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.