Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,735 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya (3394 Views)

Meet The Oldest President In Africa Vs Oldest President In America.(Beji/Trump) / Kenya Presidential Election Cancelled By Supreme Court / BREAKING: Hillary Clinton To Beat Donald Trump - Naij (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 25, 2016
iblawi:

Swimming pool for top politicians in Kenya.

http://towncrieronline.net/2016/11/24/top-kenyan-politician-caught-unclad-with-lover-in-a-viral-photo/

Kenyans with bad news are like bread and butter. You guy are always together.

Jaw breaking uppercutgrin grin
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by kikuyu1(m): 12:51pm On Nov 25, 2016
Jayceon:
unnecessary thread indeed.
As a South African I feel insulted that our beloved country is now being compared to countries ruled by power hungry dictators

___Lord Osirus

Both Naij and Kenya are ruled by democratically elected leaders;though we may have problems with Uhuru and PMB that fact should be remembered. Speaking of facts here is smth you need to know cause you Southies are too quick to point fingers. Here's the downlow on how a Jewish woman who sold sandwiches in London became your Reserve bank governor!
Yes,a miracle.
After selling sandwiches in London, she studied economics and went to work for our Reserve Bank. She was so awful, that she was instructed to clear her desk in 2004 and leave the building. She was fired. However after secretly following [her predecessor] Tito Mboweni around, she created a black-list of all his ill-deeds. Later, she reappeared as Governor of SARB under mysterious circumstances. - See more at:
http://henrymakow.com/2014/11/insider-exposes-south-african-central-bank.html#sthash.7LnMsXvD.dpuf

Look what her predecessor says:
300 tonnes of gold valued at over R300 billion was stolen from the SARB, with the help of insiders as part of a bigger looting exercise valued at a massive R2.25 trillion.
- See more at: http://henrymakow.com/2014/11/insider-exposes-south-african-central-bank.html#sthash.7LnMsXvD.dpuf
You can't make up this ish. Don't be in a hurry to cast aspersions and generalisations on Africans. Fyi,informed people say this is typical of your real rulers,the Jews. You do know even Mandela had a coterie of Chosenites around him 24/7? This is what they do. Swindle,steal,blackmail and cheat.
Check the CVs of Sanussi and the 2 Kenyans at our CBK and the Indian reserve. That can't happen here or Naij!

This year:
he nationality of the deceased is not yet known but a police investigation is underway, with a spokesman for the South African Reserve Bank telling The Telegraph they believe the man "is presumed to be a stowaway."

AP report the man is thought to have sneaked onto the plane via the landing gear where his arm was severed when it contracted, splattering blood onto the plane’s fuselage.

In addition, "millions of South African rand" were also discovered on board and is reportedly being guarded by two SARB couriers. By current exchange rates, one million SA rand is worth $63,615.
https://www.rt.com/news/332555-cargo-money-body-zimbabwe/

WTF ARE THEY DOING!?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by kikuyu1(m): 12:57pm On Nov 25, 2016
iblawi:

So, does that mean those companies are government owned. If the market is not there you can't have those local airlines.

Just forget about this thread Kenya is far from behind.

I'm a perpetual student,an endless observer of intellectually stimulation around me;politics,economy,sports etc etc. The noise about Kenya made me look into the stats and I'm convinced of 2 things:
your GDP can't be 500 bn$
if it is ours is at least twice its stated size.
Will respond later indepth.
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by iblawi(m): 2:25pm On Nov 25, 2016
kikuyu1:

I'm a perpetual student,an endless observer of intellectually stimulation around me;politics,economy,sports etc etc. The noise about Kenya made me look into the stats and I'm convinced of 2 things:
your GDP can't be 500 bn$
if it is ours is at least twice its stated size.
Will respond later indepth.

As an observer you now know better than IMF and world Bank. Believe me Kenya's GDP is less than half the GDP of Lagos State. No trick in this but fact.
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by kikuyu1(m): 2:01pm On Nov 28, 2016
As an observer you now know better than IMF and world Bank. Believe me Kenya's GDP is less than half the GDP of Lagos State. No trick in this but fact.

Its like I said;we all have feelings:on this thread they're irrelevant! Just provide the facts and figures proving your GDP is actually 0.5 tn$. I'll give you an example why I and others disbelieve that. Here are the Naij army pay scales,from here NL:

A Nigerian soldier is being paid according to
his or her rank and years of service. The list
below is a report seen as of December 2015..

Salary Structure of the Nigerian
Army
Private Soldier earns about N48-49,000
Lance Corporal earns about N54-55,
Corporal earns N58,000
Sergeant earns N63,000
Staff Sergeant earns N68,000
Warrant Officer earns N80,000
Master Warrant Officer earns N90,000

Nigerian Army Salary Structure for
Commissioned Officers
Second Lieutenant- N120,000
Lieutenant- N180,000
Captain- N220,000
Major- N300,000
Lt. Colonel- N350,000
Colonel- N550,000
Brigadier General- N750,000
Major General- N950,000
Lt. General- N1 million
General- N1.5 million
Those are the salary of Nigerian soldiers.
What is your take on the Nigerian Army
Salary?..

[/quote]

https://www.nairaland.com/2971576/nigerian-army-salary-structure-how

You're in a fvking war and yet KDF guys get 3-3.5 times your pay?! A 70bn$ economy outpays a critical arm of gov't over 300% MORE than in a 0.5trn $ economy?!
Your docs get 200 k n or 45 k shs monthly;ours are MUCH LESS UNDERPAID at 100 k a month and will soon strike,btw. I could go on and on-NAME ME ONE THING YOU OUTDO US?? Pls don't mention those terrible movies filmed in dusty Naij backwaters beloved of our unsupervised maids and other simple minded individuals.
I challenge you,iblawi,name one POSITIVE economic activity NAIJ OUTDOES US. Provide a link and it must be per capita not on the whole. Be very very afraid;a bright Kenyan student will write a paper and get a degree on the fakery of economic stats using Naij as a case study.It happened to UG in the 90s. YoY their economy grew on paper at least 6% for over a decade-when you look for evidence on the ground a 5th world country stares you in the face!! Real GDP,roads,rail,airports and airstrips....all the factors of production are wayyyyy low.
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by Anybaba: 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2016
kikuyu1:

Its like I said;we all have feelings:on this thread they're irrelevant! Just provide the facts and figures proving your GDP is actually 0.5 tn$. I'll give you an example why I and others disbelieve that. Here are the Naij army pay scales,from here NL:

You're in a fvking war and yet KDF guys get 3-3.5 times your pay?! A 70bn$ economy outpays a critical arm of gov't over 300% MORE than in a 0.5trn $ economy?!
Your docs get 200 k n or 45 k shs monthly;ours are MUCH LESS UNDERPAID at 100 k a month and will soon strike,btw. I could go on and on-NAME ME ONE THING YOU OUTDO US?? Pls don't mention those terrible movies filmed in dusty Naij backwaters beloved of our unsupervised maids and other simple minded individuals.
I challenge you,iblawi,name one POSITIVE economic activity NAIJ OUTDOES US. Provide a link and it must be per capita not on the whole. Be very very afraid;a bright Kenyan student will write a paper and get a degree on the fakery of economic stats using Naij as a case study.It happened to UG in the 90s. YoY their economy grew on paper at least 6% for over a decade-when you look for evidence on the ground a 5th world country stares you in the face!! Real GDP,roads,rail,airports and airstrips....all the factors of production are wayyyyy low.

delusional clown.
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by kikuyu1(m): 5:54pm On Nov 28, 2016
Anybaba:

delusional clown.

Nigga,the question remains! I told you someone , a trained statistician is going over your 'stats' (lol!) as we speak. When I post his findings have a therapist nearby. Preliminary findings don't look good!
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by iblawi(m): 6:08pm On Nov 28, 2016
kikuyu1:

kikuyu1:

Nigga,the question remains! I told you someone , a trained statistician is going over your 'stats' (lol!) as we speak. When I post his findings have a therapist nearby. Preliminary findings don't look good!

You Kenyans are a waste of time.

The biggest project in Kenya since independence is 300km - 400km railway project from Mombasa to Nairobi. And you come here to ask me how we are better than you. I hope that answers your questions.
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by iblawi(m): 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
Boyedex:
These Kenyans must think too highly of themselves to compare themselves with Nigeria. Nigeria with all her problems rn is still far ahead of Kenya.
Someone dares question the reliability of Nigerian economic data? Feed on this article from Financial Times please.

https://www.ft.com/content/4e5cd834-75ea-11e6-bf48-b372cdb1043a?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2190726002

[b]I don't know why I have to educate these Kenyans on the meaning of the big figures that make the Nigerian economy so big. Like, check the telecom sector. That is a multi billion dollar industry that cannot be matched by Kenya in 20years. Foreign telcos as well as a Nigerian telco are doing well. Glo is the second biggest after MTN and we know MTN had the first start.

Tourism. You think that ends with visiting parks and natural features? Their is business tourism. The number of high end hotels in Nigeria and their networth is far bigger than Kenyas.

Yes Oil and gas is a major contributor to the big figures and this is almost completely lacking in Kenya. Yet you question the figures?

The Nigerian Stock Exchange is the second most capitalized in dollar terms on the continent after South Africa. Nigerian banks have a bigger composite worth than their Kenyan counterpart. How many Kenyan banks sponsor multinational events on the continent? Yet you wonder why Nigeria is so big?

Nollywood for the first contributed more than 1% of the GDP. By simple arithmetic, that makes it a multi billion dollar industry. Second to none on the continent.

I saw some yapping about their ports being busier than Nigerian ports. The question is, what is the value of goods passing through these ports, not just the volume. Think about the number of cars alone for instance that are on Nigerian roads most of which were imported. The import is a cost and Nigerians effectively pay for these vehicles. What does that tell you about the sum purchasing power of the country? That is not to demean the importance of local production which Nigeria has been doing quite good in since the last administration.

Trade and Commerce. This is not even an area we should go into. As a matter of fact, it is always still thought that Nigerian economy is still underestimated. Why? There is so much informal commercial activities going on that are not properly documented. Kenya may have a higher penetration of formal trade cuz of their small size but total volume and value of trade in Lagos alone will easily undermine what is done in the whole Kenya.

I could go on and on. So if you are going to query Nigeria's big economy, you will have to question the IMF and World Bank representatives too knowing that the figures are not cooked up in isolation, anywhere in the world. [/b]

This will help a lot. Bugatti and Honda are both cars and can both transport people from one place to the other. Still we know the difference clear.
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by iblawi(m): 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
Boyedex:
These Kenyans must think too highly of themselves to compare themselves with Nigeria. Nigeria with all her problems rn is still far ahead of Kenya.
Someone dares question the reliability of Nigerian economic data? Feed on this article from Financial Times please.

https://www.ft.com/content/4e5cd834-75ea-11e6-bf48-b372cdb1043a?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2190726002

[b]I don't know why I have to educate these Kenyans on the meaning of the big figures that make the Nigerian economy so big. Like, check the telecom sector. That is a multi billion dollar industry that cannot be matched by Kenya in 20years. Foreign telcos as well as a Nigerian telco are doing well. Glo is the second biggest after MTN and we know MTN had the first start.

Tourism. You think that ends with visiting parks and natural features? Their is business tourism. The number of high end hotels in Nigeria and their networth is far bigger than Kenyas.

Yes Oil and gas is a major contributor to the big figures and this is almost completely lacking in Kenya. Yet you question the figures?

The Nigerian Stock Exchange is the second most capitalized in dollar terms on the continent after South Africa. Nigerian banks have a bigger composite worth than their Kenyan counterpart. How many Kenyan banks sponsor multinational events on the continent? Yet you wonder why Nigeria is so big?

Nollywood for the first contributed more than 1% of the GDP. By simple arithmetic, that makes it a multi billion dollar industry. Second to none on the continent.

I saw some yapping about their ports being busier than Nigerian ports. The question is, what is the value of goods passing through these ports, not just the volume. Think about the number of cars alone for instance that are on Nigerian roads most of which were imported. The import is a cost and Nigerians effectively pay for these vehicles. What does that tell you about the sum purchasing power of the country? That is not to demean the importance of local production which Nigeria has been doing quite good in since the last administration.

Trade and Commerce. This is not even an area we should go into. As a matter of fact, it is always still thought that Nigerian economy is still underestimated. Why? There is so much informal commercial activities going on that are not properly documented. Kenya may have a higher penetration of formal trade cuz of their small size but total volume and value of trade in Lagos alone will easily undermine what is done in the whole Kenya.

I could go on and on. So if you are going to query Nigeria's big economy, you will have to question the IMF and World Bank representatives too knowing that the figures are not cooked up in isolation, anywhere in the world. [/b]

Stop comparing Bugatti with Honda. An Eagle will always be different from a pigeon.
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by iblawi(m): 7:09pm On Nov 28, 2016
Boyedex:
South Africa has more millionaires than Nigeria but at the end of the day, Nigeria still has more money (or assets if you like to think about it that way) in her economy than South Africa if you really understand the meaning of a bigger GDP.
The implication is, if you discount infrastructural setbacks and bottleneck bureaucracy, Nigeria offers a higher return on investment than South Africa. So what's y'alls point again?

Add this too. You might want to think about it carefully. on it.

All these are enough to prove why Nigeria have the largest (scary to you) GDP.
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by ogbe240(m): 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2016
@Rossikki pls come and help us here to educate these Kenyans who have made the mistake of comparing themselves with us. i trust your very accurate and rare knowledge on anything Naija.

as for me, i will see if i can join later.
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by 14(m): 10:57pm On Nov 28, 2016
iblawi:

Add this too. You might want to think about it carefully. on it.

All these are enough to prove why Nigeria have the largest (scary to you) GDP.

Really? atleast South Africa float their currency 100% without interference, unlike nigeria which runs a paper economy where data is lways questionable. Currency which is supposed to be floated, the CBN always interfer to bring the rate at N305 to the dollar, while at it butn the reserve, very soon the country will be broke.

who is the biggest single investor company in nigeria? isn't it MTN? So the $15bn they invested into nigerian economy just fell from the sky. Or it is the money from South africans, their pension money. When they say SA is more liquid than any other country in the continent, what do you think that means? It means SA has more money than all the country in the continent.

Simple example:

2016 budget
Nigeria budget = $21bn
South Africa budget = $100bn.

see the difference, that means SA has $79bn budget more than the self proclaimed biggest economy in africa.

SA unemployment is 27%, Nigeria unemployment is said to be at 12%. But Nigerians still flocking and stampeding for SA VISA at SA consulate in lagos and abuja. The question i have for you is, what are Nigerians going to do in a country that has the highest unemployment rate than their country. It goes to show you that Nigeria stats cant be trusted.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by kikuyu1(m): 9:03am On Nov 29, 2016
I challenge you,iblawi,name one POSITIVE economic activity NAIJ OUTDOES US.

Dude,you don't need to get agitated! It ain't like that its simple-all I want is proof.As you struggle with this question answer the other issues:why does such a big economy underpay its citizens? Last year our lower ranks got an increment equivalent to one of your Privates monthly pay!
Sources in the military said that soldiers in the lower ranks have received a monthly increase of about Sh15,000 effective August, in what was described as “harmonisation” of salaries in the armed forces.
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Military-pay-reviewed/1056-2918800-ohcuco/index.html
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by Mapiti: 9:06am On Nov 29, 2016
Comparing Kenyan to South Africa and Nigeria is like comparing a donkey with horses.

Kenya should be compared to the Ethiopea, Angola, Ghana!

Nigerian and South african economies are huge!
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by kikuyu1(m): 12:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
Mapiti:
Comparing Kenyan to South Africa and Nigeria is like comparing a donkey with horses.

Kenya should be compared to the Ethiopea, Angola, Ghana!

Nigerian and South african economies are huge!

REALLLLLYY,genius?! Heres Kenya RSA Naij and Egypt
cement consumption per capita. Notice Egypt.
given that Kenya’s per-capita consumption remains well below that of other major economies on the continent.
"Annual per-capita demand for cement averages 100 kg, according to sector players, compared with 506 kg in Egypt and 230 kg in South Africa."
www.oxfordgroup.com

Heres dangote on Naij cement per capita.

"Nigeria’s huge market size, high
urbanisation rate of 3.5%, low per
capital cement consumption of 125kg."

http://www.agustoresearch.com/2015-Nigerian-Cement-Industry-Report

In life you need 2 things: discernment to recognise the smell of bs and perception to look into things deeply.

Cement consumption is critical. IT CAN'T BE FAKED AND IS THE BEDROCK OF ALL OTHER ECONOMIC FIGURES. The sun has risen Naijjans. If you must insist you're a half trillion dollar economy with a near identical per capita cement consumption then goddammit our GDP is at least 50 pct larger!
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by Mapiti: 9:06am On Nov 30, 2016
Kenya is a 3rd World country.
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by kikuyu1(m): 9:08am On Nov 30, 2016
The truth is coming out,guys-as it always DOES. The Ethiopians say "truth comes as night becomes day."

Here's your real and official data according to a prof:

Why is the IMF so far off base? Because it is doing what it often does: it is taking the Central Bank of Nigeria’s (CBN) official inflation data at face value. That official rate averaged 14.3 percent from January to August of this year. For the IMF forecast to materialize, official annual inflation in Nigeria would need to average 17.6 percent for the September through December period. What did the latest inflation report from the Central bank of Nigeria show? According to the CBN, annual inflation was 17.9 percent in September. The IMF’s blind acceptance of the CBN’s data is a big mistake.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-18/nigeria-spins-out-control-and-imf-remains-unaware

Btw,I'm not happy about this. I wish you were truly a half trillion dollar economy,(with humility!!). Everyone at the CBN and Finance min needs to pay! Ofc playing with stats is par for the course;the US does the same to understate their real unemployment of nearly 40% while people say China's been overstating their growth at least 1.5% YoY for nearly 2 decades. However their supporting data supports their creative accounting on the surface,unlike CBN Nollywood type voodoo.
Now the CBN gov and co are stuck in the worst possible position-a Zugzwang bind: a chess position in which any move,forward or backward will irreversibly lead to loss. Do they bite the bullet and admit their mendac....ummm,wildly imaginative figures or do they stick it out pretending theirs is still a 500 bn$ economy?

Truly,the skies above CBN HQ Abuja are stormy! Its not rains but the chickens coming home to roost.....
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by kikuyu1(m): 12:19pm On Nov 30, 2016
Mapiti:
Kenya is a 3rd World country.

No,we're 4th world for now. In another 3 max 4yrs we'll be 3rd world. After ten to fifteen yrs around 2030 Kenya will be where RSA is right now. Mapiti,srsly,looking at my previous post WHERE IS NAIJJ ATM?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Trumps Pack Out Of White House (PHOTO And Video) / US Soldiers have Arrived Israel / Ghanian Man Arrested Over $2Billion Rogue Deals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.