Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,173 members, 7,849,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:19 AM

Open Letter To Gov. Rauf Aregbesola On LAUTECH 5 Months Old Strike. By S Kazeem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Gov. Rauf Aregbesola On LAUTECH 5 Months Old Strike. By S Kazeem (677 Views)

Governor Aregbesola On A Condolence Visit To Deji Tinubu's Family / Boko Haram Fleeing 4rm Sambisa Forest Following Air Strike By Soldiers(pix,video / Photos From Rauf Aregbesola's Son's Wedding In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Gov. Rauf Aregbesola On LAUTECH 5 Months Old Strike. By S Kazeem by akins56(m): 11:11am On Nov 23, 2016
OPEN LETTER TO OGBENI AREGBESOLA: LAUTECH JOINT OWNERSHIP CRISES.
Sir, again I have choose to address the lingering ownership crises in our jointly owned infrastructure,Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State. But before i begin, let me say that I have choose this medium of communication, not to seek undeserved popularity and personal benefits or to score unwarranted political points but for interests driven by a quest to see the students back in their various lecture theaters and for the overall development in an institution, where i am a registered Alumnus. Sir, in-arguably, the ownership crises took a new turn when people with questionable characters became members of the university governing council and later became an household debate when one of your predecessors saw the need for a State owned University in Osun State and then took the lead to establish Osun State University. It is noteworthy that these awakened the then leadership of Oyo State to see the need for a State owned University and burst the impending rivalry.
Sir, the ownership crises rocking LAUTECH is not the first of its kind and so the decision of your led government to pull out from the ownership of LAUTECH will not be historical. Sir, let me remind you that Adekunle Ajasin University was first established as Obafemi Awolowo University in March 1982 by the government of the old Ondo State. The immediately succeeding military government of Navy Commodore Michael Bamidele Otiko changed its name to Ondo State University in 1985. Its relocation to Akungba Akoko in the new Ondo State became imperative in 1999, following the creation of a new state out of the old Ondo three years earlier in October 1996. The bill backing the relocation was signed into law by the then Governor of the State, Chief Adebayo Adefarati, in November 1999, and that prompted the movement of a crop of workers from the old site in Ado-Ekiti to Akungba Akoko on 1 December 1999. The bill for yet another name change, this time to Adekunle Ajasin University, in order to immortalise the late Governor Ajasin, was signed into law by Governor Adefarati in 2004 following the demise of the former. The amended and subsisting statute of the University was signed into law in November 2007 by yet another governor, the former Governor Olusegun Agagu. In these circumstances, it can rightly be said that while the history of AAUA started in 1982, its relocation on 5 November 1999 marked the beginning of the second phase of its history now in its present location, Akungba Akoko. Sir, the decision of the Ekiti people to pull out of the ownership of the old Ondo State University brought about the need for University of Ado-Ekiti, now known as Ekiti State University. Sir, Ekiti State University which was founded in about two decades ago has now surpassed the former in almost all ramifications.
Sir, it is no gain saying that LAUTECH has experienced lack of funding for technology and research works. Sir, the university health center has degraded to a shameful state, forcing the student to patronize quack medical practitioners and unregistered chemist shops for medications and treatments. Sir, the university Library has been reduced to nothing but a museum, where only old editions of ‘dusty’ books can be found. Sir, universities like LAUTECH, Ogbomoso where old study materials and archaic syllabus are used by ‘incompetent’ lecturers can never compete with its contemporaries and be ranked among the best. Sir, instead of impacting sustainable knowledge in the students, many LAUTECH lecturers are more interested in extorting the students, while some embrace satisfying their sexual desires, in the absence of monetary gains. Sir, let me bring it to your notice that study materials are being sold at exorbitant prices, while the hapless students still have to contribute to buy writing materials and at times gifts for lecturers. Sir, LAUTECH was primarily established for the sons and daughters of the less privileged people in the owner States, so the current high tuition and other fees which was as a result of your failure to play your financial roles does not conform with the reasons for establishing the school. Sir, in recent times, no creativity or invention has been credited to the university, aside from a few that has been credited to incredible alumnus of the university. Sir, the moral and academic standards of the university has fallen far below excellence and might be unable to attain greatness in less than a decade, if your led government refuse to ‘take a bow’ and leave the stage, now that the ovation is loudest.
Contd.
Re: Open Letter To Gov. Rauf Aregbesola On LAUTECH 5 Months Old Strike. By S Kazeem by akins56(m): 11:17am On Nov 23, 2016
Sir, in my opinion, it is pertinent for Osun State to secure a good negotiation that will retain a good number of Osun State people in the LAUTECH work force after the disengagement, make plans to absorb the remaining work force population into various Osun State owned tertiary institutions, commissions and ministries. Sir, Osun State can make attempts to reach an agreement that will enable a considerable population of Osun State indigenes seeking admission in LAUTECH to be granted, with its Oyo State counterpart, then go ahead to pull out from the joint ownership of LAUTECH. Sir, LAUTECH infrastructuresin Osun State can be converted to use for Osun State University, while the Osun State work force there can be retained and some in Ogbomoso can be added. This decision will enable Osun State to give Osun State University more support meant to be driven to LAUTECH, and in return make the school one of the best in the country.
Sir, why should a good tertiary education be exclusive to sons and daughters of the rich? Sir, why should LAUTECH continue to keep the poor in poverty?. Tertiary institutions in low-IGR and low FAAC States across Nigeria, specifically in those States dominated by poor civil servants, lack resources that are standards at private tertiary institution — things like a well equipped health center, well equipped library, cafeterias with good meals and healthy environment, and a well equipped sport center — and this has a real impact on the potential of the students.
Sir, the decision of Osun State not to make adequate provisions for LAUTECH has resulted to a failed system and poor human capital development in the university. Sir, this has resulted to decayed and uncompleted infrastructuresin the tertiary institution, high tuition and other exorbitant fees in the public tertiary institution — increasing the number of drop-outs and perhaps social vices, incessant strike actions as a result of non-payment of workers salaries and allowances. In-arguably, the affected people are of the belief that it is a deliberate sabotage, aimed at collapsing the standard of the university and drive the level of illiteracy in the State upward.
Sir, aside the ‘perceived’ corruption and mismanagement in the tertiary institution which probably led to the decision of constituting a committee to look into the university's finance, the owner State governments has repeated failed in their promise to improve the standard of education and make the university affordable for all and sundry. Sir, yes, ignorance is more expensive but we can make good education at all levels more affordable for all, and secure our place in the league of great nations. Sir, we hold a strong believe that Oyo State is capable of financing the university, if the State become the sole owner.
Sir, we can bridge this gap and collapse the ownership crises rocking the university. Sir, Osun State should let go of its stake in LAUTECH and then focus on the numerous tertiary institutions in the State of the Virtue.
Sir, no doubt, Osun State is going through a critical time and lacks the financial capacity to co-own the university. Sir, this is understandable,considering the huge debt the State has been submerged for close to half a decade. Sir, the university must be adequately funded, if we truly mean well for the future of the students who have been left floating. Sir, time they say is no one’s friend, so we must make hay why the sunshine.
Sir, it is my objective opinion that Osun State Government, under your leadership should hold the Bull by its horn, and put the whirling wind rocking the future of over 30,000 undergraduates and thousands of Graduate students who have deemed it fit to advance their professional and academic career, to a calm. Sir, this decision must not be misconceived as cowardice or retrogressive but rather it should be seen as the best way to go, since the center no longer hold. Yes, we must deal with the fear of what will be told about why Osun State under your leadership withdrew from the joint ownership of LAUTECH but we should be more concerned about the future of the institution. Sir, it is not a parasite-host relationship but the refusal of Osun State to do the needful will lead to the death of both the parasite and the host.
Sir, we all must face these facts — and change this disparity. Sir, devoid of sentiments or our financial capacities, we all deserve a good education and the necessary knowledge to compete with others.
Sir, we must stop the pretense that all is well with our joint heritage and deal with our self denial that the present state of LAUTECH is not pitiable. Sir, we must face the current situation headlong and put this lingering crises to a rest. Sir, let me reiterate that the failure or success of your administration to act accordingly in salvaging the ‘nose diving’ LAUTECH ship, will be absorbed in history and told to generation yet unborn.
Re: Open Letter To Gov. Rauf Aregbesola On LAUTECH 5 Months Old Strike. By S Kazeem by akins56(m): 11:19am On Nov 23, 2016
Sir, it is in my opinion that you leave a legacy that will stand the test of time.
Best regards.
Yours sincerely
Sulaiman Kazeem
LAUTECH Alumnus.
23/11/2016.
Re: Open Letter To Gov. Rauf Aregbesola On LAUTECH 5 Months Old Strike. By S Kazeem by akins56(m): 11:26am On Nov 23, 2016
Cc: Mynd44 OAM4J Seun lalasticlala
please help shift to front page, help lautech's ministry.
Re: Open Letter To Gov. Rauf Aregbesola On LAUTECH 5 Months Old Strike. By S Kazeem by ajokebelle(f): 11:38am On Nov 23, 2016
LAUTECH i hail thee.
5 months of strike and still counting..........
Delaying students future since 199. My neighbours thinks im already a graduate sef, not knowing LAUTECH wants to give us Bsc. in Strike Endurance.
Re: Open Letter To Gov. Rauf Aregbesola On LAUTECH 5 Months Old Strike. By S Kazeem by akins56(m): 12:17pm On Nov 23, 2016
ajokebelle:
LAUTECH i hail thee.
5 months of strike and still counting..........
Delaying students future since 199. My neighbours thinks im already a graduate sef, not knowing LAUTECH wants to give us Bsc. in Strike Endurance.
abi o, the matter is getting out of hand.
Re: Open Letter To Gov. Rauf Aregbesola On LAUTECH 5 Months Old Strike. By S Kazeem by loopmangoat(m): 1:46pm On Nov 23, 2016
Very soon bigot areasas clone will come here and start posting substandard projects done by jihadist aregbesola

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Gov. Rauf Aregbesola On LAUTECH 5 Months Old Strike. By S Kazeem by Johnnyessence(m): 3:03pm On Nov 23, 2016
Pls be patient with the two governors ok. They are working tirelessly on it.
Re: Open Letter To Gov. Rauf Aregbesola On LAUTECH 5 Months Old Strike. By S Kazeem by ajokebelle(f): 1:52pm On Nov 28, 2016
Johnnyessence:
Pls be patient with the two governors ok. They are working tirelessly on it.
Seems you are a paid robot abi?, all you ever do in your threads is to hail that Janduku and posting pictures of up and down ,making the people believe he is doing wel while the masses are hungry.
Imagine you saying we should give them time, after 5 months, may God handle your life the way aregbeshola is handling LAUTECH'S case, the same way he is handling Osun state.
Its because of people like you that a revolution cannot happen in Nigeria, because of the money you collect from this same politicians will not allow you to think straight, and i'm sure you are a youth. ZOMBIFIED ROBOT.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

I Remain PDP Candidate For Ondo Guber, Nobody Can Stop Me — Jimoh Ibrahim / Only In Nigeria / It Takes One Man To Change A Country From Lootocarcy To Democracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.