Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,492 members, 7,836,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Pease ,what Is The Meaning This Verse : HOT, COLD , LUKEWARM - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pease ,what Is The Meaning This Verse : HOT, COLD , LUKEWARM (519 Views)

Are You Lukewarm? Take The Test - Paul Ellis / The Message To The Angel Of The Lukewarm Church - Olamide Obire / Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pease ,what Is The Meaning This Verse : HOT, COLD , LUKEWARM by chibenn(m): 2:33pm On Nov 23, 2016
14 And unto the angels of the church of the laodiceans write:
and this things said the amen, the faithful and true witness ,
the biggining of the creation of God.
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold no hot, I would that thou are cold or hot.
16 so then because thou art lookworn,
and neither cold nor hot ,
I will pure thee out of my mouth .
17 because thou says, I am rich and increase with goods and have need of nothing, and knowest not that thou art wretched and miserable and poor and naked.
18 I councel thee to buy of me gold fried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich

so pertaining to this chapter ,
what is the meaning of:
HOT, COLD AND LUKEWARM .
Re: Pease ,what Is The Meaning This Verse : HOT, COLD , LUKEWARM by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2016
The bible is referring to those group of people, who live a good life, are good, upright people you know.. Not exactly committing sin, but have not identified with Christ. The Lord is basically saying "You are either with me or against me"
In this case, there is no in between.
Re: Pease ,what Is The Meaning This Verse : HOT, COLD , LUKEWARM by shadeyinka(m): 4:39pm On Nov 23, 2016
chibenn:
14 And unto the angels of the church of the laodiceans write:
and this things said the amen, the faithful and true witness ,
the biggining of the creation of God.
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold no hot, I would that thou are cold or hot.
16 so then because thou art lookworn,
and neither cold nor hot ,
I will pure thee out of my mouth .
17 because thou says, I am rich and increase with goods and have need of nothing, and knowest not that thou art wretched and miserable and poor and naked.
18 I councel thee to buy of me gold fried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich

so pertaining to this chapter ,
what is the meaning of:
HOT, COLD AND LUKEWARM .

Historically, in the city of Laudacia, there are two different stream of water that flow through the land.

One of them is Hot (probably a warm spring) and people go and soak themselves in the water for healing of different ailments.

The other is cold (normal cold water) and people use it more for irrigation.

However, these two streams meet at a point forming a lukewarm water (unfortunately, it passes through an area where it carries so much dissolved salts).

This water, is not useful for agriculture because it kills the plant neither is it useful for healing/ therapeutic effect because it isn't hot enough.

Jesus was saying, if you are not useful to the Kingdom of God, he would reject such.

Its either you are hot or cold!

Those in the Laudacian area understand this very well.

(1) (Reply)

We Can't Pray Our Way Out Of Recession, We Must Plan & Work- Fashola / Atheist Holi-day / High Rate Of Divorce In Our Society Today-what Is God View?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.