Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,330 members, 7,819,132 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. (22092 Views)

Tecno Camon CX Vs Tecno Camon CX Air - The Differences And Similarities / All You Need To Know About 4G Network And The Phones That Support Them. / Infinix Hot 4 Lite Vs Hot 4 Vs Hot 4 Pro : The Differences (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. by FaroukM(m): 7:10am On Nov 24, 2016
Very informative...honesly #falzvoice#
Re: Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. by wizzprince(m): 7:14am On Nov 24, 2016
oyah na
shout out to those wey don breakup because of fone nd bad network
Re: Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. by temmytanny(m): 7:18am On Nov 24, 2016
To the best of my knowledge, cdma accommodate more subscribers than gsm,that's why they have less mast or bts stations than gsm. They also cover more areas. The only problem I see in cdma is phone compatibility.
Re: Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. by temmytanny(m): 7:20am On Nov 24, 2016
mikaelzX:
Great post. Why did the USA choose CDMA technology over GSM?
less mast,more subscribers
Re: Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. by okonja(m): 7:22am On Nov 24, 2016
Davash222:
Seriously, I no even understand anything for there at all..

It's okay.. grin, Just go and listen to Olamide...leave this for us. cool

3 Likes

Re: Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. by NevetsIbot(m): 8:00am On Nov 24, 2016
Davash222:
Seriously, I no even understand anything for there at all..
bros.. I Think say na only me before
Re: Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. by Davash222(m): 8:02am On Nov 24, 2016
NevetsIbot:
bros.. I Think say na only me before
I taya o
Re: Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. by Davash222(m): 8:03am On Nov 24, 2016
okonja:

It's okay.. grin, Just go and listen to Olamide...leave this for us. cool
No wahala, make I no see you for Celebrity section oo

1 Like

Re: Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. by Icansing: 8:16am On Nov 24, 2016
rattlesnake:
Ouch....NL made millions of Nigerians daft by always talking about burna boy, Davido and wizkid on front-page but every since Trump won election suddenly our head is now thinking correctly...to start prooer education
they are motivators Mr man,,
Re: Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. by barrysome001: 8:20am On Nov 24, 2016
@OP, please can you tell me more about WiMAX?
Re: Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. by escapefromusa(f): 8:33am On Nov 24, 2016
Impressive display of knowledge, we need more of this on nairaland.
Re: Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 24, 2016
OK now what is data roaming and use
Re: Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. by professore(m): 9:36am On Nov 24, 2016
This is very educative.
Re: Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. by okonja(m): 11:08am On Nov 24, 2016
Davash222:

No wahala, make I no see you for Celebrity section oo

Lol...I go follow the backdoor grin
Re: Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. by Davash222(m): 11:09am On Nov 24, 2016
okonja:

Lol...I go follow the backdoor grin
We shall see.. Lol
Re: Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. by Tjiaz(m): 2:11pm On Nov 24, 2016
Worth reading,Nice piece,Thanks Op.
Re: Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. by kjhova(m): 2:56pm On Nov 24, 2016
temmytanny:
less mast,more subscribers

I don't quite agree with you. CDMA has no real advantages over GSM, vice versa and surely American telecoms companies didn't go for CDMA for the reasons of less mast or more subscribers.

As of today, in the US telecoms market, Verizon and Sprint use CDMA while AT&T and T-mobile use GSM.

I think the only reason why the two big providers haven't switched to GSM is the cost factor of such switch. Plus also, there is nothing AT&T is delivering on their GSM platform that Verizon isn't delivering on their CDMA platform too.

Globally thou, GSM is the preferred technology for most providers and it has gone on to become a sort-of-kind-of S.I. in most countries. In Nigeria, for example, The last surviving CDMA provider, Visafone, was bought over by MTN and migrated to GSM networks.
Re: Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. by Myde4naija(m): 3:28pm On Nov 25, 2016
This big big English. too much for me a beg. I don't think I need all this to be able to use my smartphone
Re: Differences Between GSM Network And CDMA Network. by hoodedjaystrim(m): 8:36pm On Nov 25, 2016
make i nor lie i no understand

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Top 8 Budget Smartphones For 2019 / oraimo Toast PD Pro: How Your Phone Will Go From 0-60% In 30 Minutes / 23 Signs You’re Addicted To Your Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.