Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose (13779 Views)

Breaking: INEC To Postpone Ondo Election By Two Weeks / Why INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election - Fayose / Mimiko Rushes To Aso Rock, Meets Buhari Over Ondo Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by ceometromedia: 5:54pm On Nov 23, 2016
Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayodele Fayose has called on the Independent National Electoral Commission(INEC) to postpone the Ondo State gubernatorial election slated for Saturday 26th November, 2016 in the spirit of fairness.

The governor said this at the Ekiti State Government House while reacting to Justice Salauwa's Wednesday ruling which ordered INEC to return Eyitayo Jegede’s name as the PDP candidate for the Ondo election.

"My opinion, in the spirit of fairness because this fault is from INEC, there were two judgments, the only one INEC was part of was that of Jegede, in a similar situation like the Edo election, there was no basis for INEC's action, for me, it was INEC's deliberate action to undermine this party and the people of Nigeria. So, if INEC will be fair, if Nigerians want the leader that the people of Ondo State wants, they should create this level playing ground and allow a postponement", the governor said.

Asked if Justice Abang's ruling has affected negatively the chances of Eyitayo Jegede in the coming election, Fayose said "it is not the best of times for us and it is not the best for Nigerians and the people of Ondo State, it is a major setback which can only be cured by a postponement. This is not an internal crisis of our party, this is the making of INEC and APC led federal government"

Commenting on Justice Salauwa's declaration of Eyitayo Jegede as the PDP candidate, governor Fayose said "the court wouldn’t have done otherwise because the truth will always remain the truth, they knew from the beginning and it was a machination against the PDP, we have the charlatans in our party that have colluded with them in their lust to cause disaffection in this party and to cause the party to lose election.

"It's unfortunate because INEC ab-initio had no reason to do what they have done. In everything we do in life, the place of God can never be defeated, we will continue to look forward to a Nigeria of our dream, a Nigeria our leaders fought for, the Nigeria that is equitable, a Nigeria where democracy is not muscled, a Nigeria where the constitution is not muscled.

"The judgement is a defeat against those who colluded with the charlatans in our party to draw our party backward but the Lord will give us direction as we move forward from here, the whole action is regrettable, what they did remains unfortunate in the annals of history and they will still be defeated".

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/11/inec-should-postpone-ondo-election-in.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by madridguy(m): 5:56pm On Nov 23, 2016
PDP and election postponement be like bread and butter. Awon oniranu.

33 Likes

Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by pchukwudi: 5:58pm On Nov 23, 2016
grin grin
Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 23, 2016
madridguy:

When Edo elections was postponed in favor of APC nko?

Iranu man.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by sarrki(m): 6:02pm On Nov 23, 2016
Oshokomole so far aketi did not win

I rather support jegede

But oke sure pass

I stand with my people in this

I can't love an outsider than mine

I stand with tinubu

Any attack on tinubu is attack on my race

He sold Mr president to us

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by sarrki(m): 6:04pm On Nov 23, 2016
madridguy:

Baba let's leave party out of it

Asiwaju sold Apc to us

We must stand for ours

This is my humble logomachy

Logomachy without logopartial

5 Likes

Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by madridguy(m): 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2016
grin grin grin but na una like am pass?

Funnicator:

When Edo elections was postponed in favor of APC nko?

Iranu man.
Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by madridguy(m): 6:08pm On Nov 23, 2016
Nobody dey attack Asiwaju, na just mere misunderstanding which I believe it will be resolved soon. Selfish interest is what is killing APC and our leaders at large. I'm sure with time Sai Baba and Jagaban will drink Kunu together in a cup.

sarrki:

Asiwaju sold Apc to us

We must stand for ours

2 Likes

Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:08pm On Nov 23, 2016
Asked if Justice Abang's ruling has affected negatively the chances of Eyitayo Jegede in the coming election, Fayose said "it is not the best of times for us and it is not the best for Nigerians and the people of Ondo State, it is a major setback which can only be cured by a postponement

PDP Stands No Chance On Saturday!

1 Like

Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by madridguy(m): 6:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
GBAM.

NgeneUkwenu:

PDP Stands No Chance On Saturday!
Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:13pm On Nov 23, 2016
sarrki:

Asiwaju sold Apc to us

We must stand for ours

Hey Mr. Man, Dont kill yourself because of politicians...They are all fighting for themselves...and when they make up, it will still be for their selfish interests...

My Joy is seeing PDP buried and IPOB YOOTS in pains..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by ddippset(m): 6:23pm On Nov 23, 2016
see his mouth like fairness. see his red lips like machination against the PDP. sheriff and his babe were in the other room drinking fura da nunu when you and wike went to disturb his enjoyment to come and lead you people to the promise land. maybe the machination was placed on you from the witches in ado ekiti. in 3 days and 3 nights from now, jegede will go back to mourning and these ipob yooots will be wailing ,weeping and grinding.

16 Likes

Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by sarrki(m): 6:27pm On Nov 23, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Hey Mr. Man, Dont kill yourself because of politicians...They are all fighting for themselves...and when they make up, it will still be for their selfish interests...

Mrs woman you a are getting it wrong

I believe in loyalty

Mine is not about pdp or apc

All I care for is Nigeria

Tinubu as far as am concerned sold buhari to us

My concerns is about Nigeria

Regardless of the party involved

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by gebest: 6:57pm On Nov 23, 2016
fayose u be mu.mu, shey na INEC tell una make una dey fight for una party

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by Nairadean(m): 7:21pm On Nov 23, 2016
PDP should solve their problems in-house before it's too late
Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by Babacele: 7:55pm On Nov 23, 2016
weyrey thugnor this is the effect of your unholy romance with Sheriff. Mimiko payback time.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 23, 2016
Ha
Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by Flexherbal(m): 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2016
Nigeria is still my country!
Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 23, 2016
Fayose is talking trash

1 Like

Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by 4nobody4every1: 9:49pm On Nov 23, 2016
madridguy:
grin grin grin cool

4 Likes

Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by kinibigdeal(m): 9:50pm On Nov 23, 2016
You sound like a repentant PDP member. Since you have openly realized your mistake on Nairaland, we will consider you a second chance
NgeneUkwenu:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by Luckylife(m): 9:51pm On Nov 23, 2016
the present inec we see only postpone election when one party deem it fit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by jeftalene(m): 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hmmm...

Meanwhile dont be cheated, always visit www.engineerosaz..com to see latest prices of building materials and to speak with a professional contractor.
Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2016
Postpone ko, Postponement ni.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2016
Honebu50:
same thing they did to edo state election...and our pdp man lost....same will happen in ondo the pdp man will lose

You fine no be small. Did you vote in edo elections?
Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by Atiku2019: 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2016
Atiku 2019 Forward Ever cool
Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by madridguy(m): 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2016
Thanks bro grin

4nobody4every1:
grin grin grin cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by AkupeMBANO(m): 9:54pm On Nov 23, 2016
fayose is greater than awolowo. he's the legitimate jagaban of the west.

4 Likes

Re: INEC Should Postpone Ondo Election In The Spirit Of Fairness -fayose by Drazeen(m): 9:55pm On Nov 23, 2016
This fool should shut up.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

₦7.1 Billion Fraud: Why EFCC Must Stop My Fresh Trial - Orji Kalu / Unlike APC, PDP, Our Nomination Form Is Free – AAC / National Lottery Commission's Billions Vanish! Faces N252M Deficit Shock!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.