Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,386 members, 7,861,060 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:44 PM

I Can’t Do Without “garri’’ And Dried Fish – Senator - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can’t Do Without “garri’’ And Dried Fish – Senator (751 Views)

Why I Can`t Do Without ‘garri’ And Dried Fish – Senator / I Can`t Do Without ‘garri’ And Dried Fish – Senator / I Can’t Be PDP Chairman At All Cost, I’m Ready To Vacate Office – Sheriff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can’t Do Without “garri’’ And Dried Fish – Senator by midolian(m): 4:19pm On Nov 24, 2016

Sen. Solomon Olamilekan (Lagos West Senatorial District) on Thursday said that having soaked “garri’’ and dried fish as a meal gave him more satisfaction than any other food.

Olamilekun, a member of the Senate Committee on Finance, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos that garri and dried fish was his favourite food.

“I don’t know why I just like garri and dried fish, it gives me the kind of satisfaction I can`t describe, I just feel good after having it.

“Some people would ask me, why would a senator like garri and not all these expensive stuffs? and the answer I give is that it makes me feel great.

“It is so amazing that sometimes when I am having stomach upset, and I take garri everything disappears within minutes. I think garri is best suited for my body,’’ he said.
Olamilekan stated that he preferred mostly local foods to foreign delicacies.

Speaking on his political career and speculations that he intends to contest for the governorship position of his home state Ogun in 2019, Olamilekan did not give a direct answer.

“I am from Ogun state. I visit and interact with my people. It will be an honour to serve them. But we would not make any announcement for now.

“At the right time, we would come out and tell the people. The concentration is on the Senate right now. We are waiting on God to determine our next move,” he said.

https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/220662/garri-dried-fish-senator

Re: I Can’t Do Without “garri’’ And Dried Fish – Senator by melvinjames: 4:22pm On Nov 24, 2016
Yeah
Garri and dried fish garnished with lobster, then wash the whole food down with a bottle of Chateau Margaux (2009) @ $4,062 a bottle.
Story for the zombies by the zombies from the zombies.
Lying Mohammed where art thou?

3 Likes

Re: I Can’t Do Without “garri’’ And Dried Fish – Senator by sarrki(m): 4:24pm On Nov 24, 2016
Ow that one take end recession?

Mr senator
Re: I Can’t Do Without “garri’’ And Dried Fish – Senator by afanide: 4:24pm On Nov 24, 2016
thought it was one of our Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta Senators cos they like fish alot.....
Re: I Can’t Do Without “garri’’ And Dried Fish – Senator by sarrki(m): 4:26pm On Nov 24, 2016
Wait oooo

On a second thought

Is that what your constituency voted you for

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Do Without “garri’’ And Dried Fish – Senator by slimthugchimee2(m): 4:27pm On Nov 24, 2016
holdon lemme put this shlt up on things nobody gives an F about

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Do Without “garri’’ And Dried Fish – Senator by liloelawwal(m): 4:34pm On Nov 24, 2016
so
Re: I Can’t Do Without “garri’’ And Dried Fish – Senator by seunmsg(m): 4:35pm On Nov 24, 2016
He can eat shit for all I care, nobody gives a fuçk. He should just represent the good people of Lagos West well in the senate.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Do Without “garri’’ And Dried Fish – Senator by nwasinachi(f): 4:36pm On Nov 24, 2016
I hear u Mr senator but do you know that a lot of people in your constituency that voted you in cannot afford garri not to talk of dried fish?
Re: I Can’t Do Without “garri’’ And Dried Fish – Senator by yarimo(m): 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2016
Na lie where videos ? Nigerians politician's and publicity stuns are like 5 and 6 grin
Re: I Can’t Do Without “garri’’ And Dried Fish – Senator by midolian(m): 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2016
yarimo:
Na lie where videos ? Nigerians politician's and publicity stuns are like 5 and 6 grin
forget o! D man fit like garri and fish true true..but garri and fish different from garri and fish. Youknowwaramean?
Re: I Can’t Do Without “garri’’ And Dried Fish – Senator by yarimo(m): 5:03pm On Nov 24, 2016
midolian:
forget o! D man fit like garri and fish true true..but garri and fish different from garri and fish. Youknowwaramean?
yes boss grin

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Do Without “garri’’ And Dried Fish – Senator by freesinzu(m): 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2016
G

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

FG To Spend N180 Million On Social Media Influencers In 2017 / The Nigerian Virus: Kill It Now Or Our Dreams Won't Materialise! / Breaking: Buhari Removes Sgf As Chairman Of Committee To Constitute Fg Boards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.