Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! (7458 Views)

See Contribution Of Agricultural Sector To Nigeria's GDP From 2008-2017 / Free 1 Month Agribusiness Training For Youths & Young Graduates / Cashew Farming, Lucrative And Long Lasting! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by saliubello(m): 11:23pm On Jun 13, 2017
Invest in training and capacity building for your staff. They will either make or mar your enterprise.

Remember. They are your partners.

Perhaps, they are a bundle of resources too if you learn to harness their skills. Seek their opinion. Task them to do more. Task them to suggest possible solution.

Never Authocratic but always Authocratic.

Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by saliubello(m): 9:34pm On Jun 26, 2017
Practice integrated farming

Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by saliubello(m): 12:25am On Jul 15, 2017
Take a deep breathe. Take a chill .. why do you want to start a farm?? List these reasons!!

If making money tops the list and adding value or giving value does not appear.. i beg. Oga park well. This business no be your way!

Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by REUBEN010(m): 2:14am On Jul 17, 2017
Good insight. It's just a pity that many individuals are ready to commit scarce funds into an agribusiness without a good strategic plan.

Strategic planning of agribusiness is a necessity for sustainability. It serves as a driving mechanism, charting the course of the agribusiness. Any agribusiness of considerable scale without a good plan can be compared to a boat on a raging sea. Just a little more current, it will capsize.

Do you need help with a business plan or feasibility report specifically made for your agribusiness? Please call the numbers below:
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by saliubello(m): 11:49pm On Jul 23, 2017
REUBEN010:
Good insight. It's just a pity that many individuals are ready to commit scarce funds into an agribusiness without a good strategic plan.

Strategic planning of agribusiness is a necessity for sustainability. It serves as a driving mechanism, charting the course of the agribusiness. Any agribusiness of considerable scale without a good plan can be compared to a boat on a raging sea. Just a little more current, it will capsize.

Do you need help with a business plan or feasibility report specifically made for your agribusiness? Please call the numbers below:
As much as I agree with you on Strategic Planning in Agribusiness, Im not an advocate of buying a ready made feasibility report or business plan. My reasons are simple, their can not be two same enterprise in two different locations with the same field and operational conditions. Therefore, a one cover fits all business plan or feasibility report will not be ideal.

A custom plan developed by the investor himself- putting to bear his passion and commitment while factoring all the available variables specific to his condition will be more rewarding.

He could contract such brain works out to Consultants. But who is the consultant you are contracting to?? A consultant will need to understand your conditions and environment and even have first hand information and assessment to be able to develop any worthwhile template on which you could develop your business model..

Why not stick out your neck out as an investor?? And see possibilities rather than buying an off the shelf plan that might not capture your specific business environment dynamics..

But I COULD BE WRONG ON THIS!

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by REUBEN010(m): 6:26am On Jul 24, 2017
saliubello:
As much as I agree with you on Strategic Planning in Agribusiness, Im not an advocate of buying a ready made feasibility report or business plan. My reasons are simple, their can not be two same enterprise in two different locations with the same field and operational conditions. Therefore, a one cover fits all business plan or feasibility report will not be ideal.

A custom plan developed by the investor himself- putting to bear his passion and commitment while factoring all the available variables specific to his condition will be more rewarding.

He could contract such brain works out to Consultants. But who is the consultant you are contracting to?? A consultant will need to understand your conditions and environment and even have first hand information and assessment to be able to develop any worthwhile template on which you could develop your business model..

Why not stick out your neck out as an investor?? And see possibilities rather than buying an off the shelf plan that might not capture your specific business environment dynamics..

But I COULD BE WRONG ON THIS!
Thanks for your post. But if you noticed in my OP, there is a "specifically made" clause included therein. I'm also not an advocate of ready made business plans because so many factors wont be considered in such plan. Our services rather develop a new plan for each client to suit their agribusiness.
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 24, 2017
The easiest and fastest way to learn and earn is by investing and running alongside a consultant who is also into the venture.
I know of someone who for example runs a farm in Ekiti for investors and you can learn for the first year how things pan out.
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by ogb5(m): 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2017
saliubello:
Agribusiness Risk Assessment

Agribusiness is VERY profitable SIGNIFICANTLY. But then all business have risk factors. Same goes for agribusiness.

The Agribusiness with the highest risk factor is dependent upon what enterprise you engage in and what stage your business is in.

Identifying and assessing the POTENTIAL risk is critical to success.

Potential risk areas are:
1. Production
2. Market and Marketing
3. Human resource
4. Financial risk

Risks are factors that can cause losses to the business.

E.g
Low rainfall
Changes in market prices
Disease outbreak
Decision on where to site your venture
Decision on types of input go buy and use

Managing risk is a guarantee for success as IT ALLOWS THE FARMER TO EFFECTIVELY MINIMIZE the effects on his business.

RISK MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES

a.Market price information: Internet resources come in handy here. ICT has bridged the dearth of information gap. From your phone you could access information on areas where your commodities is needed,meet new buyers and price information sharing.

b. Production diversification : Diversifying your production base in view of available information.

E.g trying your hands on soybean if you predominantly grow maize.

Or growing Ewedu alongside your tomatoe

Or intercultivate cocoyam with plantain, introduce some Snails and your risk factors of failure is reduced greatly.

Or plant perennial crops like cocoa or kolanut or cashew while doing vegetables on the same land. If vegetables fail, your trees will hold forth for you.

C. Risk reduction input: Invest in hybrid seeds which are resistant to diseases prevalent in your area. It saves you stress and worries, but don't do it in large quantities. Try out in little quantities before scaling out.
Buy new R&grin herbicide's and pesticides. The old and banned agro inputs are now failing us. Glyphosate based herbicide is a banned herbicide worldwide. You can't export produce produced using them. They have long term residual effects on crops and animals.

D. Invest in low risk activities: Grow crops you have comparable advantage growing in your area.

Are you COMPETITIVE growing water melon in your area?
Are you competitive growing vegetables or low risk crops like plantain or cassava?

Continues later

I like this subsoiler. Where can I get it to buy
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by saliubello(m): 11:24pm On Sep 16, 2017
ogb5:

I like this subsoiler. Where can I get it to buy
it's a cassava harvester
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by saliubello(m): 9:25am On Sep 17, 2017
MLM in Agriculture? ?

Have you come across them?? ?
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by shomb: 11:11am On Sep 17, 2017
FOR ALL YOUR QUALITY SUPPLY ON VARIETIES OF LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL CASHCROPS, FRUITS, VEGETABLES, FOODSTUFFS, at small and large quantities we are ready and available. Please contact Uclyn Lynda.

The lists of Fresh organic agricultural fruits and vegetables, the produce are numerous the likes of Watermelon, Cucumber, Carrot, Apples, Pawpaw, beets, Egg plant, Pineapple, Melon, honey dew,tomatoes, Blackberries, Strawberries, peppers, Kiwi, seeded grapes, onions ,yams, potatoes, mint leafs, lettuce, celery ,parsley, cilantro, spinach, Rosemary, oregano , lemon & much more for your delight.
Uclyn Fresh Fruits,Vegetables,Smoothies and Juice.We are keen to promote and guarantee quality healthy lifestyle and incorporate healthy fruits and vegetables in our everyday meal as they play an important part of a healthy diet.

E-Mail :brenamesda@gmail.com :
Crossover7297@gmail.com

phone : +2349022806566 ,08021224320
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by saliubello(m): 6:59pm On Oct 11, 2017
saliubello:
MLM in Agriculture? ?

Have you come across them?? ?
they are real and probably here to stay.. there packaging is top notch. But then..they are actually see-through. .watch out..

See attached image

Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by REUBEN010(m): 8:43am On Nov 14, 2017
saliubello:
they are real and probably here to stay.. there packaging is top notch. But then..they are actually see-through. .watch out..

See attached image

Nice one. But my concern is the sustainability of the programme.
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by saliubello(m): 4:09pm On Nov 14, 2017
REUBEN010:

Nice one. But my concern is the sustainability of the programme.
The sustainability is in doubt surely. What makes it different from MLM schemes?? As much as I want money, I can't stand toiling with people's emotions. Because that is EXACTLY what these ones are out here for.

Imagine, they even said they are awarded for Innovation in Agriculture.

Nigerians are gullible oo.
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by saliubello(m): 3:40pm On Dec 28, 2017
Happy new year people
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by yudee233: 7:52pm On Dec 28, 2017
How I wish there is a rating on post in Nairaland, this would have been among the top. This is spot on and should be pinned permanently on front page of Nairaland
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by tundayfarm: 4:47am On Dec 29, 2017
learn a lot from this thread.... thank you Mr saliu bello. I really appreciate your effort.. Eseun
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by saliubello(m): 11:06am On Dec 29, 2017
tundayfarm:
learn a lot from this thread...?
thank you Mr saliu bello. I really appreciate your effort.. Eseun
you are welcome. More tips and nuggets coming in the new year.
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by saliubello(m): 11:10am On Dec 29, 2017
yudee233:
How I wish there is a rating on post in Nairaland, this would have been among the top. This is spot on and should be pinned permanently on front page of Nairaland
Only if we learn to just read voraciously -any thing, everything about our intended" new business ", perhaps we might save ourselves a lot of stress.

Expect more tips, advises and summary of personal experiences in the new year.

Glad someone is benefiting from my submissions.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by olamath(m): 10:47am On Jan 05, 2018
saliubello:
Only if we learn to just read voraciously -any thing, everything about our intended" new business ", perhaps we might save ourselves a lot of stress.

Expect more tips, advises and summary of personal experiences in the new year.

Glad someone is benefiting from my submissions.

Nice thread, God bless u
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by saliubello(m): 3:52am On Jan 25, 2018
olamath:

Nice thread, God bless u
amen
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by saliubello(m): 10:29am On Mar 21, 2018
Another planting season is around the corner and the hustle for land is more fiercer. Why start a business that you know next to nothing about? The losses of the last year is not a deterrent to many of these investors. So it should be. But unfortunately, the old cycle is about repeating itself. Have they gone for new learning or skill acquisition to better appreciate their past field experiences? The answer is NO

Farm smartly.

Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by solutionmi: 11:36am On Mar 21, 2018
Agriculture like any other business ventures needs REAL passion and diligence to be successful
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by saliubello(m): 7:08am On Apr 25, 2018
They have started wasting their monies again
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by saliubello(m): 8:08pm On Feb 19, 2019

Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by harrymoore(m): 3:08pm On Apr 01, 2020
I was able to raise 1000 birds safely. They are in their 7months of laying now. The busness is truly lucrative, a crate of eggs goes for N800/N850 from 4th month of laying.

* Avoid diseases at all cost by keeping their litter and water clean always. You also need to follow your vaccine timetable because prevention is far better than cure. Enjoy!
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by saliubello(m): 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
Here are my Mobile Numbers; Globacom: 08050323434, Etisalat: 08099066646, Mtn: 09032228422, Airtel: 09029094490 or saliubello2003@yahoo.com
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by FarmandTractors: 2:46pm On Aug 24, 2020
At Farm&Tractors , we offer the best service in agricultural land preparations for your farm projects. Our services cut across land deforestation-bulldozing, plowing, harrowing etc. All tree growth, stumps, large stones and other obstacles to the normal operation of farm equipment shall be completely removed. Land clearing method shall limit the loss of topsoil removed from the area being cleared. Debris piles shall also be free from mud and topsoil. Call us at 09056508129, (08062288737 -available on whatsApp).

Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by tnwaoha(m): 10:51am On Aug 26, 2020
If you are interested to learn poultry, Fish and Snail farming Join the training Class B https:///yyb2ztmt or drop your whatsapp number
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by Nezzjnr: 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2020
saliubello:
Invest in training and capacity building for your staff. They will either make or mar your enterprise.

Remember. They are your partners.

Perhaps, they are a bundle of resources too if you learn to harness their skills. Seek their opinion. Task them to do more. Task them to suggest possible solution.

Never Authocratic but always Authocratic.
Why is the Agric sector not saturated yet
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by saliubello(m): 2:59pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Why is the Agric sector not saturated yet
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Processed Snails Sales : Bulk/retail Buy And Sale Thread / Exporters Of Gum Arabic Let's Meet Here (non-oil Export Business) / Cargo And Reefer Containers,20ft& 40ft For Sale in Lagos & Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.