Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,553 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! (7426 Views)

See Contribution Of Agricultural Sector To Nigeria's GDP From 2008-2017 / Free 1 Month Agribusiness Training For Youths & Young Graduates / Cashew Farming, Lucrative And Long Lasting! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by Nezzjnr: 3:03pm On Aug 26, 2020
saliubello:
grin grin grin
Good afternoon bro

I would love an analysis
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by saliubello(m): 9:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Why is the Agric sector not saturated yet
Why has the sector not been saturated? It can not be saturated because the statistics has indicated that in Nigeria 55 percent of Nigerians earn their living from agricultural activities, i.e 49 percent engage in crop production while only 6 percent engages in livestock keeping. Unfortunately, these small holder farmers own only an average of 0.5 hectares of land and you can guess what their outputs can be, Obviously very low. Yield per hectare is nothing to recon with. Productivity is next to zero. They all practice 'Farming as Savings'', rather than "Farming as a business''.

However, all the produce gotten goes to feeding the over 200 million population of Nigerians, feeding this growing population is what absorbs everything produced from maize to egg, to cassava with nothing substantial to feed the industries. Farming precedes industrialisation, but in Nigeria we put the cart before the horse.

It's rather wide expose in my view.
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by Nezzjnr: 9:13pm On Aug 28, 2020
saliubello:
Why has the sector not been saturated? It can not be saturated because the statistics has indicated that in Nigeria 55 percent of Nigerians earn their living from agricultural activities, i.e 49 percent engage in crop production while only 6 percent engages in livestock keeping. Unfortunately, these small holder farmers own only an average of 0.5 hectares of land and you can guess what their outputs can be, Obviously very low. Yield per hectare is nothing to recon with. Productivity is next to zero. They all practice 'Farming as Savings'', rather than "Farming as a business''.

However, all the produce gotten goes to feeding the over 200 million population of Nigerians, feeding this growing population is what absorbs everything produced from maize to egg, to cassava with nothing substantial to feed the industries. Farming precedes industrialisation, but in Nigeria we put the cart before the horse.

It's rather wide expose in my view.
Wow.. A nice writeup.... If only we can take Agriculture as a business

I was in the market today... The woman told me she got her Tomatoes from Cotonou.

I'm an intending Farmer after school so I really need to ask questions
Re: Why Is The Agribusiness Sector So Lucrative and Yet So Prone to Risks !! by KunmiakiN: 10:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
I pick up rabbit weaners in pair (male & female)
at the rate of
Any breed is welcome
Dm/call 08036101567

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Organic Farming Can Make You Rich! / Pollinated Cocoa Seedlings Bear Fruits At 18 Months / An Opportunity To Sell Your Products @ Shoprite Outlets Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.