Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,274 members, 7,839,368 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Our Weakness, A Gift - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Weakness, A Gift (244 Views)

Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Private Jet: 9 Reasons It's Not A Gift - Aroms Aigbehi / Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Weakness, A Gift by Phoenix00(m): 1:30pm On Nov 25, 2016
A little boy who lost his left arm in a car accident, decided to study Judo. He enrolled with an old Japanese Judo master and started training. After three months of training, he had been learning only one move, and so he asked his master “shouldn’t I be learning more moves?”
“This is the only move you will ever need to know” – the master replied. Not quite understanding, but trusting his master, the boy continued training.

Several months later, his master took him to his first tournament. The boy easily won his first two matches but his third match was more difficult, his opponent was bigger, stronger and more experienced. For a while, the boy was overmatched which gave the referee concern and he wanted to stop the match but the master insisted the boy continues. Soon after, the opponent made a grave mistake by letting his guard down, this the capitalized on to win with the only move he had learnt for months. The boy was the champion.

One the way home, the boy asked his master how he won the tournament. “You won for two reasons,” the master replied. “First you’ve almost mastered the most difficult throw in all judo. Ad secondly the only known defense for that move, is for your opponent to grab your left arm”

The boy’s biggest weakness has become a gift. This applies to us, we are limited in various fronts, emotional, physical, financial but we should like St. Paul boast in these weakness because through them, the power of God is revealed (2 Cor 12:9). Seeing our shortcoming and rather than complain and dwell in self-pity, we should make ourselves available to God for his will to be done. What this will is, I don’t know and I am not worried (you shouldn’t too), all I know is that they are for my good. I give myself up to his love, guidance and mercy to help me grow and blossom where he has planted me.

Have you made Jesus your friend, if no what are you waiting for? All you need do now is first Admit you are a sinner (we all are), then Repent of your past way of life, Believe that Christ died for us and is willing to be your friend and Invite him into your life and allow him do what only he can do.

http://eluminer..com.ng/2016/11/nowhere-or-now-here-psalm-191-6.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

God Is Bigger.... / Christian Lifestyle A Struggle For You? / Acceptable Unto God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.