Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria (26421 Views)

Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In / Picture Of Messi And Suarez In Their Dressing Room After Beating Liverpool. / Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by iamVirus(m): 2:24pm On Nov 25, 2016

Gernot Rohr’s men stepped up ten places in the grading released by the world football ruling body, and are eighth in Africa
Nigeria move up to 50th in November Fifa ranking
Gernot Rohr’s men stepped up ten places in the grading released by the world football ruling body, and are eight in Africa
Nigeria have moved up to the 50th position in the latest Fifa global rankings released on Thursday.
The Super Eagles were rewarded for defeating Algeria 3-1 in their Fifa World Cup qualifying encounter to climb up 10 places.
With this, they are now eighth in Africa behind Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria, Congo DR and Burkina Faso.
Argentina are number one in the world with 1634 points, closely followed by cross-country rivals, Brazil in number two.
Reigning world champions, Germany dropped to the third position with South American kings, Chile occupying the fourth position.
The next Fifa ranking will be published on December 22, 2016 - which will determine the winners for the Team of the Year and the Mover of the Year.

Source: http://360jamng.net/nigeria-moves-up-ten-places-in-fifa-ranking-after-beating-algeria/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by iamVirus(m): 2:25pm On Nov 25, 2016
wow! Up naija

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by lifestyle1(m): 4:05pm On Nov 25, 2016
Good.

Guys abeg o I need your vote for my girl. Please like her twerk dance video on instagram. Check my signature.

Thanks
Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by makazona(m): 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2016
A good start i must confess. Let the team shun the usual "we'v gotten there, lets relax small" attitude.

I wish the team the best and an injury free season.

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by robosky02(m): 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2016
ok keep moving up till we get to 5th best again grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by Agunechemba1(m): 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2016
FIFA ranking should be scrapped

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by dreezybines: 4:07pm On Nov 25, 2016
Chai...

shocked 50th

nawa ooo...

I wonder what they use to grade countries...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by marceloz99: 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2016
Good day NLanders. I wanna use this medium to invite u all to d Lord's chosen charismatic revival ministry. We hosting an international crusade at our headquarters (Ijesha,amuwo odofin,Lagos state.) on the 26th and 27th of November, 2016, titled ”HOPE FOR THE NEEDY”. I urge each and every one of us to come so as to experience the manifestation of God's power live.I assure you that as you come,all that seems impossible in your life will surely b made possible. Thank you all. Time- 8a.m #Godisnotdead

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by Fabulosdave01: 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2016
This is just the beginning. Nigeria is on its way to recovery.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by Hillarie(m): 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2016
Haha, Good One!
Hopefully, Price of Rice and Garri will reduce cheesy
Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by cornel994(m): 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2016
Somethin I heard on thursday...stale angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by yorke1: 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2016
Thats a good development. the Sport Minister is working cheesy
Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by Benfaco1: 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2016
Good.
The rate at which we were going down before, we might have discovered oil. grin

So far Gernot Rohr has been doing a fantastic job.

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by marhoinspire: 4:09pm On Nov 25, 2016
i love my country.
Up Nigeria
Buhari is working...
Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by jadajada: 4:09pm On Nov 25, 2016
We can so better.
Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by etinanguy(m): 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2016
Wetin corn-sign me.

Etinanguy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by AkinPhysicist: 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2016
grin grin grin Sekem! Sekem!! grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by sammyj: 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2016
This is good for Nigeria based on the teams latest performance. However, i still wonder how Argentina still got the number one position based on their latest poor performance and losses !!!! angry grin. Click like if you think Nigeria deserve the latest ranking and share if you think otherwise.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by tamertery(m): 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2016
The poster up there... U r strong o... I can't have people watching my babe twerk... Nd den dem go de imagine how sh go sweet for doggy style.... Naaahhh.... I just can't... No offence intended tho

Wish her success tho wink
Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by mickyeddi(m): 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2016
I don't even bother looking at these rankings anymore.
Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by rawpadgin(m): 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2016
8 best team in Africa.......still poor
Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by EMMYB0Y(m): 4:11pm On Nov 25, 2016
if fifa likes. .. let them make us the last.. we will remain strong. . in case they don't know.. ..all the citizens are more educated than the president yet we remain strong. ... we are now in over - recession yet we remain strong.... our president is clueless yet we remain strong. . oboko rams are killing yet we remain strong. ... hopeless biafrans are making noise yet we remain strong... the afonjas remain lazy yet we remain strong... the shites are trying nonsense yet we remain strong. .. now most family eats rice only on sunday yet we remain strong... our money is almost valueless yet we remain strong..... we don't have this year and probably next year's budget yet we and will remain strong.... ASUU strikes more than thunder yet we remain strong... no employment yet we remain strong... no food to eat yet we remain strong. .. kidnappers and adultnappers everywhere yet we remain strong... and many more... tell me which country can survive half of these stuffs so who cares where they put our team in terms of ranking cos we will remain strong

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by FreshNaijaBoy(m): 4:11pm On Nov 25, 2016
For those who were shouting Nigeria doesn't need a foreign coach, we must use a local one bla bla bla. shocked cry I feel Gernot Rohr have shown that what we needed all this while is a competent coach and nothing else. We were not short of quality players. We just lacked a good, qualified and tactical coach. I mean, the Eagles are a delight to watch now. Away to Zambia was a tactical master piece, so was the match against The Desert Foxes in Uyo. That was a game we would have been beaten by the Algerians. Bottom line is, the NFF made a good decision in getting a good coach, irrespective of where he comes from, and we are reaping the benefits now.

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by Niwdog(m): 4:11pm On Nov 25, 2016
Agunechemba1:
FIFA ranking should be scrapped
what are you saying

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:11pm On Nov 25, 2016
This is a welcome development
Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by davibid: 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2016
NFF welcome back to our glorious days

Kudos Rohr and the boys

Gone are the days of heart breaks

We can celebrate now after Nigeria matches

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2016
ALL THANKS TO MIKEL OBI..HE KNOWS HIS JOB cool cool cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by def111(m): 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2016
quick quick e move to front page,
Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by doublefreez(m): 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2016
this is the right thing. forward ever. thought with Burkina Faso and DR Congo ahead, there's still a lot to do. Bravo Naija
Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by leofab(f): 4:13pm On Nov 25, 2016
Nice one

Modified:

Tinubu and Atiku should stop bringing Nigeria down just because of their selfish 2019 ambitions...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by tyconcepts(f): 4:13pm On Nov 25, 2016
Okay
Re: Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 25, 2016
Nigeria is More than what it is ranked.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kelechi Nwakali Joins Porto On Loan / Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations / Ronaldo, Messi, Lewandowski : 2021 Top Scorers Ranked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.