Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,444 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Wickedness: Express Way Blocked By Security Officers Because Of Ondo Election. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Wickedness: Express Way Blocked By Security Officers Because Of Ondo Election. (736 Views)

Abuja Taxi Driver Strips Naked After His Car Was Impounded By Security Officials / UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians / Lagos-Benin Expressway Blocked Over Ondo Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wickedness: Express Way Blocked By Security Officers Because Of Ondo Election. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2016
Just imagine this wickedness of the highest order. I have been stuck in traffic simply because the Nigerian security officers blocked the express way because of Ondo Governorship election.

What has the express way got to do with election. This is pure madness.

Holding thousands of people ransom just because a state is conducting election.

Is this done anywhere in the world.
Re: Wickedness: Express Way Blocked By Security Officers Because Of Ondo Election. by yeyeboi(m): 12:45pm On Nov 26, 2016
Ok
Re: Wickedness: Express Way Blocked By Security Officers Because Of Ondo Election. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2016
I'm sorry dear.
They ought to have informed travellers before today.
Re: Wickedness: Express Way Blocked By Security Officers Because Of Ondo Election. by khadaffi(m): 1:17pm On Nov 26, 2016
Its not everything one complains about. If you are in Nigeria you will know there is usually no movement during election and this is the reason why security operatives are stationed around. How you expected to pass through a state conducting election is surprising. If you have been doing it before then it probably was a mistake on the part of the security operatives. There is an election in the state, YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!
Re: Wickedness: Express Way Blocked By Security Officers Because Of Ondo Election. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 26, 2016
khadaffi:
Its not everything one complains about. If you are in Nigeria you will know there is usually no movement during election and this is the reason why security operatives are stationed around. How you expected to pass through a state conducting election is surprising. If you have been doing it before then it probably was a mistake on the part of the security operatives. There is an election in the state, YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!

Why must everything in this country be like this. Don't I have the right to travel and more because we are conducting election. Where is it written in the Constitution that movement must be restricted any time we are conducting election.

I believe u went to school.
Re: Wickedness: Express Way Blocked By Security Officers Because Of Ondo Election. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 26, 2016
mordtonia:
I'm sorry dear. They ought to have informed travellers before today.
Thank you my dear for those comforting words.
God bless you plenty. May this recession not know u and ur family.

1 Like

Re: Wickedness: Express Way Blocked By Security Officers Because Of Ondo Election. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 26, 2016
tmdr:

Thank you my dear for those comforting words.

God bless you plenty. May this recession not know u and ur family.

Amen cheesy
Re: Wickedness: Express Way Blocked By Security Officers Because Of Ondo Election. by khadaffi(m): 4:45pm On Nov 26, 2016
tmdr:

Why must everything in this country be like this. Don't I have the right to travel and more because we are conducting election. Where is it written in the Constitution that movement must be restricted any time we are conducting election.

I believe u went to school.

Personally I believe in speaking up at the right time when it matters most. I am not a lawyer so if you were expecting me to start explaining the constitution to you, you might be disappointed. How many elections have you witnessed in Nigeria? If you had been in this country, you would have heard INEC say it repeatedly before any election that movement is usually restricted / limited during elections and that the security operatives would be available to enforce that law. Since you are a lawyer and you know this is an anomaly, the necessary thing to do would have been to take the INEC to court before the election commences. Who knows, maybe you wouldn't have had this experience. But you had to wait till the law affects you negatively before remembering this is an anomaly. Smh.

And for your last sentence. I didn't go to school. I was busy selling akara while my mates went to school

(1) (Reply)

Iran To Install License Plates On Camels / Any Nairalander In Chicago? / Nigeria - Benin Republic Border.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.