Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

"365": A Novelette - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "365": A Novelette (39412 Views)

Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / An Unusual Christmas In Ibadan (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 25, 2016
[quote author=swann post=52188071][/quote]

Omg it's the old woman! shocked

Oh wait don't tell me, it is David's dad shocked
Re: "365": A Novelette by DaddySLY(m): 5:14pm On Dec 25, 2016
swann:

I'm fine smiley You?
am fine... i think... merru christmas sweetie kiss
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 25, 2016
eipreel:

Save a life and make this christmas interesting na embarassed
Maybe I'll have to wait until after Christmas to make that choice tongue
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 25, 2016
KissChrix:
Swann, epp us na cryembarassed

I'll be updating tomorrow cry
Re: "365": A Novelette by Lleigh(f): 7:21pm On Dec 25, 2016
Merry Christmas swann

I see you grin
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 25, 2016
lovelygurl:

Omg it's the old woman! shocked

Oh wait don't tell me, it is David's dad shocked
Just wait and see grin... Merry Christmas smiley
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 25, 2016
swann:

Just wait and see grin... Merry Christmas smiley

Hehehehe same to you cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 25, 2016
Lleigh:
Merry Christmas swann
I see you grin
Haha, Caught grin... Merry Christmas, Darl smiley
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 25, 2016
DaddySLY:
am fine... i think... merru christmas sweetie kiss
Same To you smiley
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 25, 2016
swann:

I'll be updating tomorrow cry
Merry Christmas cheesygrin

Do away with that face cry

1 Like

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 25, 2016
KissChrix:

Merry Christmas cheesygrin

Do away with that face cry
Same To you, dear smiley smiley
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 25, 2016
swann:

Same To you, dear smiley smiley
Much better smileysmiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 26, 2016
CHAPTER TWELVE

“What did you do to her?” Isabella screamed at the old woman sitting in front of her.

“Don’t yell at me, child,” the old woman screamed back. “This was the plan so stop bothering me.”

Isabella groaned and marched to the door. “You have twenty four hours to bring her back or I’ll expose us all. Let’s see what the media will have to say about a family like ours being involved in kidnapped.”

She glanced back, hoping her words would have some effect on her and saw that the woman eyes had shot open.

She shut the door behind her and stood tranquilized. She had been on her way to the airport when she received a call from Kaylee’s mum that the driver was a fraud and Kaylee was missing. She knew immediately where to go and she was right. She felt distraught she had paid no attention to her suspicions regarding the driver. She just wondered how the driver had got the calls and texts from David. The situation was more complicated that she thought it was.

The next day

“Any feedbacks from the police yet?” Pluto asked David who sat beside him, rubbing his temples.

“No, I doubt their incompetent selves are even looking for her,” he whined.

“Don’t worry, we’ll find her,” Pluto assured him.

David gasped as he read the message which had just come in and gave his phone to Pluto to read the message.

I have the person you’re looking for. If you want her back, come get her at Michael’s street. And if I were you, I’d come quickly.

They both looked at each other and David hobbled around looking for his car key. He found it in his drawer and he grabbed it quickly and ran out the house with the Pluto. They both entered into the car and he drove off.

A small crowd gathered besides the road as incertitude filled the air. The object of fascination invoked pity as most onlookers stood shaking their heads, others taking pictures but none willing to take action.

David saw this crowd and knew exactly why they had gathered. He quickly parked by the side and ran out, pushing his way through the crowd. He saw the woman on the ground. Her once white gown was torn and stained with blood and mud. He could see the light movement of her chest; she was breathing which meant that she was still alive with a chance of surviving. He carried her and walked hurriedly to his car amidst murmurs in the crowd and picture taking.

He drove fast to the hospital, not waiting for the gate to be opened properly before driving in; earning his car a scratch marks. He saw two nurses walking into the hospital’s building and called out to them to bring a stretcher as he parked his car.

The nurses came back within seconds and David helped put Kaylee on the stretched. The nurses, without hesitation, rolled her into the building.

The boy stood screaming as he saw the woman drop to the floor, hyperventilating with brood dropping from her mouth. She told him softly to go get help. He ran out of the room and found his father in the living. With tears in his eyes, he told him what was happening to his mother. They both ran to the room and the man quickly carried the woman to the car. They drove to the hospital and the woman is put on a stretcher and rolled into the building.

A doctor came out and evaluated her, checking her wrist for pulse, rate of breathing and pupil size. It was her pupil’s dilation that made him the order the nurses to take her to the emergency and walked briskly behind them. David followed them but was told by the doctor to stay out, when they got to the entrance of the emergency room.

David walked back to the lobby and saw Pluto sitting down and joined him.

“It’s gonna be alright, man,” Pluto said to him as he patted his shoulders.

David leaned on the wall and closed his eyes. He was having strange thoughts he couldn’t explain but he pushed it aside. He really hoped she would be alright. There was nothing he wouldn’t to make sure she survived. He let out a sigh.

Some minutes later, a nurse came up to him and asked him to follow her.

The man paced around the lobby while the boy sat on the chair sobbing. A nurse came up to the man and told him he was needed in the room. He held the little boy’s hand and they both followed he nurse

The doctor raised his head from the computer and told him to sit.

“Is she alright?” David asked him.

“She was poisoned and left her in a very critical condition but she’s responding to treatments. If you had come a moment too soon, she would have died.

David let out a sigh of relief. “Can I see her?

“She’s been placed on sedatives to help her recuperate but you can see her.”

David left the doctor’s office for Kaylee’s room. She had been changed to a light blue hospital gown which still looked very good on her. She looked peaceful as she slept. He didn’t want to bother her so he gave her a peck on her cheek and left.

“David,” she called out softly as he had almost reached the door.

He turned around and saw her flutter her eyes and twitch her hands. He walked back to the bed and held her hands as he sat by her side.

“It hurts,” she said as she used her free hand to hold her belly.

“Should I call the doctor?” he asked.

She shook her head.

“Just… just stay here.”

“Will that make you feel better?” he asked again as he stroked her head.

She nodded as tears came out from her eyes.

David wiped it away with a finger

He watched her quietly as she lay on the bed. They were going to be alright together. When she got out, they were going to complete their wedding and fight whatever she had, together.

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 26, 2016
CC :makydebbie KissChrix lawlahdey lovelygurl eipreel jay542 biafranbushboy kingrex1

1 Like

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 26, 2016
swann:
CC :makydebbie
KissChrix
lawlahdey
lovelygurl
eipreel
jay542
biafranbushboy
kingrex1

I knew it was that old witch angry

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 26, 2016
Truly maturity and wisdom doesn't come with age..... Wicked granny angry

Well, Kaylee has herself to blame undecided..... A NO would have prevented this undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 26, 2016
lovelygurl:

I knew it was that old witch angry
Yes, she had a hand in it cheesy cheesy...
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 26, 2016
KissChrix:
Truly maturity and wisdom doesn't come with age..... Wicked granny angry

Well, Kaylee has herself to blame undecided..... A NO would have prevented this undecided

No or Yes, she still would have not lived undecided undecided...
Re: "365": A Novelette by iykekelvins(m): 7:16pm On Dec 26, 2016
She never mentions me

1 Like

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 26, 2016
iykekelvins:
She never mentions me

We're just too close that sometimes you skip my mind(no sarcasm intended) grin grin
Re: "365": A Novelette by eipreel(f): 8:22pm On Dec 26, 2016
A tragedy cry cry
Re: "365": A Novelette by iykekelvins(m): 8:34pm On Dec 26, 2016
swann:

We're just too close that sometimes you skip my mind(no sarcasm intended) grin grin
Lol, I get u..

Take kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Adesina12: 10:32pm On Dec 26, 2016
Merry xmas Swann and co readers

So the old witch planned the kidnap or is it a slip of tongue from Isabella?

Why should anyone do that to a dying bride? They should just let her live in peace till her last day on earth

No matter the situation she is David choice and should be respected the way Isabella did

I got plenty popcorn here for anyone care grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by davide470(m): 10:59pm On Dec 26, 2016
swann:

No or Yes, she still would have not lived undecided undecided...
But she would not be poisoned and left on the streets!

KissChrix:

Exactly my point!! angry

1 Like

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 27, 2016
davide470:
But she would not be poisoned and left on the streets!

Exactly my point!! angry

Thank God someone thinks like Me angry

1 Like

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
Papa and Granny will regret ever doing this to Kate.

What if they had threatened Kate to deny David's wish and the poison is just to warn her of what they'll do should she agree? Isabella, you sef.......mtcheeeeww

David is slowly regaining his memory, the flashbacks will be a full story he'll understand, just watch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
jagugu88li:
Papa and Granny will regret ever doing this to Kate.

What if they had threatened Kate to deny David's wish and the poison is just to warn her of what they'll do should she agree? Isabella, you sef.......mtcheeeeww

David is slowly regaining his memory, the flashbacks will be a full story he'll understand, just watch

I'll leave it to you to always analyze the story. Completely cheesy cheesy I see you noticed the flashbacks too *smirks*

1 Like

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 30, 2016
swann:

I'll leave it to you to always analyze the story. Completely cheesy cheesy I see you noticed the flashbacks too *smirks*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Adesina12: 11:21am On Dec 30, 2016
Happy birthday swann

wish you many happy returns

enjoy your day with popcorn & Hennessygrin
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 30, 2016
jagugu88li:

Thank you so much. Much love kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: "365": A Novelette by Lleigh(f): 11:25am On Dec 30, 2016
Happy birthday swann

I wish you long life wisdom and prosperity.

Enjoy your day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 30, 2016
Adesina12:
Happy birthday swann
wish you many happy returns
enjoy your day with popcorn & Hennessygrin
Thank you so much Adesina... smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury / Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. / What We Entertained Ourselves With Before Cable TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.