Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,870 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This (30886 Views)

4 Funny Ways To Impress Interviewers At Any Interview And Get The Job / Differences Between Job Interview And Job Chat / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by tompat86(m): 1:51pm On Nov 29, 2016
gaffig:

I bet to disagree sir, the formula is sufficient cos it adds up all the terms, so using S
I bet to disagree sir, the formula is sufficient cos it adds up all the terms, so using S

I bet to disagree sir, the formula is sufficient cos it adds up all the terms, so using S64
I bet to disagree sir, the formula is sufficient cos it adds up all the terms, so using S[sub]

I bet to disagree sir, the formula is sufficient cos it adds up all the terms, so using S64[/sub]

I bet to disagree sir, the formula is sufficient cos it adds up all the terms, so using S64 = a(r^n - 1)/(r - 1) is sufficient

Try and understand the question bro...lets assume n=8,all others remain constant.s8=255
....nt 128 which is d no of grains in d 8box
Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by saintneo(m): 1:53pm On Nov 29, 2016
Cortana2:
You've almost nailed a job and then the interviewer placed on your table a white paper containing the following...

Legend has it that the inventor of the game called chess was told to name his own reward. His reply was along this lines.

Imagine a chess board.

Suppose one grain of corn is placed on the first square.
2 grains on the second
4 grains on the third,
8 grains on the fourth,

and so on until you get to the 64th square.

I would like as many grains of corn as the chess board now carries.

We were given just 5 minutes to do this... angry

T64 = 264 - 1 = 18,446,744,073,709,551,615
Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by Ifeshyne(f): 1:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
EHI9ICE:

To you madam,I say 'well done'

And for the records(as pathetic as it may sound), I hate Mathematics.

Ohkay, nor be say i hate maths...I nor just gree know am. I pray to give birth to children,in future who are mathematics geniuses.

Thanks, its never to late to know and learn maths. Matter of fact i was clueless in maths all through my junior secondary school days, it was my Maths teacher in ss2 and ss3 Mr Livingstone (God bless him wherever he is) that helped me start deciphering the subject. since then, my interest in maths has been heightened.
Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by gaffig: 2:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
IAmOged:

this is the right answer....
Imagine!! Doing ITK b4 employment, it doesn't follow at all

1 Like

Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by AnaCheks(m): 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ifeshyne:
This is a geometric progression (g.p) with ratio = 2, a = 1 (first number) and n = 64.
we use formula for sum of a geometric progression which is s = a(1-r^n)/1-r

After substituting the values, Final answer has to be in standard form if calculators are not allowed
Something like 2^64 - 1 or even just 2^64
Beauty + Brain
Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by EHI9ICE(m): 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ifeshyne:

Thanks, its never to late to know and learn maths. Matter of fact i was clueless in maths all through my junior secondary school days, it was my Maths teacher in ss2 and ss3 Mr Livingstone (God bless him wherever he is) that helped me start deciphering the subject. since then, my interest in maths has been heightened.

Yeah.I'm happy for you. But i'm a Pcm now...So having an Ifeshyne-esquewink kinda breakthrough seems almost impossible ...But all the same,I can only hope for the best.

Thanks for ur kind words!

1 Like

Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 29, 2016
I'm guessing this was an engineering job.
Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by Apina(m): 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2016
Icecomrade:

I just hate mathematics.

It is just there to test IQ, nothing more.

hiss
Is mathematics now the standard for testing ones IQ?
Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by Icecomrade: 2:45pm On Nov 29, 2016
Apina:

Is mathematics now the standard for testing ones IQ?

Answer nah
Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by MRBODMAS(m): 3:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
saintneo:

T64 = 264 - 1 = 18,446,744,073,709,551,615

show me snapshot of this numbers on your calculator. La copy la paste. shocked
Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by olumose001(m): 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2016
all of you guys are wrong.. its actually sum of nth term of a geometric progression .. you'll end up having something like 2^63+2^62+2^61............ +2^1... but you could save yourself d trouble by using formulae for finding sum of nth term
Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by madjune(m): 3:16pm On Nov 29, 2016
People we go skool but no job plenty for NL.

God pls help us.
Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by gaffig: 4:25pm On Nov 29, 2016
olumose001:
all of you guys are wrong.. its actually sum of nth term of a geometric progression .. you'll end up having something like 2^63+2^62+2^61............ +2^1... but you could save yourself d trouble by using formulae for finding sum of nth term
OK we hear, you are welcome/...
Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by DavSagacity(m): 7:49pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ifeshyne:
This is a geometric progression (g.p) with ratio = 2, a = 1 (first number) and n = 64.

After substituting the values, Final answer has to be in standard form if calculators are not allowed
Something like 2^64 - 1 or even just 2^64
Ur head correct die walahi ...

1 Like

Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by Tamakay(m): 9:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
LastMumu:
What's with the whole interest in corns and grains? If I were you, I would have asked the recruiter if he was a fowl in his previous life. undecided

lastmumu

Thanks for giving me laughter as dinner
Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by daxon001(m): 9:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
pinkyruledworld:
I dont even understand
Im with you sef angry
Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by Ejimaa: 9:36pm On Nov 29, 2016
hahhahaha hahhahaha....e mi ke,caculation ni...noway
Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by Dpearlz: 10:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
gaffig:

It is not correct, there is a little Kinkinli mistake in the formula

Yea, I've looked at it and found that since the ratio is greater than 1, the formulae becomes

Sn = a(r^n-1)/(r-1)

Where a=1, r=2, and n=64.

That gives. 2^64-1.
Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by eddyline(m): 2:26am On Nov 30, 2016
if its a standard chess board, I don't think there's any box that can contain up to 2ยนยน grains. let alone 2^63.
Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by Davinnieville(m): 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2016
Infact I no know
Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by saintneo(m): 7:31pm On Nov 30, 2016
MRBODMAS:

show me snapshot of this numbers on your calculator. La copy la paste. shocked
I don't need calculator.

LA mention, le backhand slap
Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by ArcToyin(m): 11:10pm On Dec 23, 2016
Ifeshyne:

Something lrike 2^64 - 1 or even just 2^64
hope it is not 's' that is 64. then this formula will b used since r is greater than 1
s=a(r'n-1)/r-1
64=1(2'n-1)/2-1
64=1(2'(n-1)/1

64=2'(n-1); 64=2'6
2'6=2'(n-1)
removing the power
6=n-1
n=6+1
n=7
so it will be on the square 7
Re: You Go For A Job Interview And They Ask You This by shehuolayinka(m): 9:21am On Dec 24, 2016
LastMumu:
What's with the whole interest in corns and grains? If I were you, I would have asked the recruiter if he was a fowl in his previous life. undecided

Nice one, correct guy

lastmumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Find Attached My Resume: The Right Way To Say It / Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience / Hope For A Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.