Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,968 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Ondo Election: Rotimi Akeredolu In Comfortable Lead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Election: Rotimi Akeredolu In Comfortable Lead (2103 Views)

Fayose, Ambode, Amosun, Akeredolu In Abeokuta For South-West Governors Forum / Photos Of Akeredolu In His First Day In Office As Ondo State Governor / Rivers Rerun Results.....pdp In A Comfortable Lead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Election: Rotimi Akeredolu In Comfortable Lead by olempe(m): 10:04pm On Nov 26, 2016
The candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Barrister Rotimi Akeredolu, is in a clear lead in the Saturday governorship election in Ondo State. In what looks like a magic result that proves bookmakers wrong, Akeredolu won in the entire Akoko area of the state. He also won in Owo and Ose local governments and topped it with a surprise showing in all the local governments in Akure metropolis.

Governor Segun Mimiko so far has saved Eyitayo Jegede of PDP from humiliating defeat by Akeredolu, as the governor helped the candidate of his party to win in all local governments in Ondo metropolis. But what Akeredolu lost in Mimiko's territory in Ondo town, he gained in Akure where he shocked the residents with astounding victory.

In Akoko area of the state, Akeredolu shocked the combined forces of Olusegun Abraham and Senator Ajayi Borrofice who refused to work for the APC candidate. Akeredolu also swam in the waters of riverine areas of the state to snap critical votes from the stronghold of AD candidate, posting surprise wins in Idogbo, Ilutitun and several other areas hitherto considered no-go areas for the APC candidate.

Top opposition leaders considered as threats to Akeredolu, including Gani Muhammed Ajowa, influential Hon JAF, Olusola Oke's deputy governorship candidate, Gani Dauda, Oke's campaign DG, Bola Ilori; Borrofice and Abraham, all lost to Akeredolu in their units.

Except for areas that are contiguous to Jegede's family houses in Akure, Akeredolu took battle to the territory of the PDP's candidate and took critical votes home in triumph. With only few wards to go, the results expected from those wards are no longer a threat to Akeredolu's victory, more so that some of the wards are those where Akeredolu is also strong. By mid-night or early tomorrow morning, INEC should be in a position to announce Akeredolu as the winner of the election.

http://www.nigerianscoop.com/2016/11/ondo-election-rotimi-akeredolu-in.html

Re: Ondo Election: Rotimi Akeredolu In Comfortable Lead by kinibigdeal(m): 10:14pm On Nov 26, 2016
I laugh
Re: Ondo Election: Rotimi Akeredolu In Comfortable Lead by Juginho(f): 10:17pm On Nov 26, 2016
kinibigdeal:
I laugh
I follow you laugh oh
Re: Ondo Election: Rotimi Akeredolu In Comfortable Lead by yarimo(m): 10:27pm On Nov 26, 2016
Mtcheeew me I no go follow laughs undecided
Re: Ondo Election: Rotimi Akeredolu In Comfortable Lead by Bishop4bella(m): 10:28pm On Nov 26, 2016
APC hmm kontinue
Re: Ondo Election: Rotimi Akeredolu In Comfortable Lead by kinibigdeal(m): 10:39pm On Nov 26, 2016
There is nothing comfortable, we might have a run off

Re: Ondo Election: Rotimi Akeredolu In Comfortable Lead by greenermodels: 10:44pm On Nov 26, 2016
you go fear the source of this news, I'm seeing a runoff election in the making.
Re: Ondo Election: Rotimi Akeredolu In Comfortable Lead by Jokerman(m): 10:45pm On Nov 26, 2016
What about Tinubu party AD.... grin
Re: Ondo Election: Rotimi Akeredolu In Comfortable Lead by datola: 10:48pm On Nov 26, 2016
The man!
Re: Ondo Election: Rotimi Akeredolu In Comfortable Lead by olempe(m): 7:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
kinibigdeal:
I laugh
You're still laughing bro?

(1) (Reply)

2019: No Restructuring, No Vote In South-east – Igbo Groups / Ipob Orders Biafrans To Boycott Punch Newspaper / Amaechi: If We Lose In 2019, We’ll Go Home And Rest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.