Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,783 members, 7,827,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Is It Proper To Criticize A Clergyman? Can One Give Advice To Pastor Or Alfa? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Proper To Criticize A Clergyman? Can One Give Advice To Pastor Or Alfa? (484 Views)

Is A Reverend Father Qualified To Give Advice On Marital Crisis? / Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / Clergyman Kneels Down To Beg FRSC Officials (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper To Criticize A Clergyman? Can One Give Advice To Pastor Or Alfa? by ableguy(m): 9:17am On Nov 27, 2016
I asked out of curiosity.
Again I noticed that people dread clergymen and even chastise anybody who try to correct the "men of God".
They also quote Bible passages to support that assertion that they shouldn't judge.
Eg, passages that restrain us from judging.

People blindly do whatever they're told to do once it's coming from a man of God.
A pastor of a church close to my house impregnated a member of the usher and people were shying away to say it and if anyone dare talk people look at such a person a being presumptuous.
They make fake prophecies and everybody pretend not to take note when such prophecies fail.

Can they even be advised? What if they do need advice and encouragement, can anyone dare offer such assistance? Because from the look of things everything they do right. Are you tempted to judge them so to speak sometimes? or are they fallible?
Re: Is It Proper To Criticize A Clergyman? Can One Give Advice To Pastor Or Alfa? by Abraham4christ(m): 9:23am On Nov 27, 2016
The way the criticize their boss,his the same way the will criticize them. PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP.
Re: Is It Proper To Criticize A Clergyman? Can One Give Advice To Pastor Or Alfa? by ableguy(m): 9:44am On Nov 27, 2016
Abraham4christ:
The way the criticize their boss,his the same way the will criticize them.
PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP.

What type of help do you need? Maybe lalasticlala will be of help to you
Re: Is It Proper To Criticize A Clergyman? Can One Give Advice To Pastor Or Alfa? by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 27, 2016
ableguy:
I asked out of curiosity.
Again I noticed that people dread clergymen and even chastise anybody who try to correct the "men of God".
They also quote Bible passages to support that assertion that they shouldn't judge.
Eg, passages that restrain us from judging.

People blindly do whatever they're told to do once it's coming from a man of God.
A pastor of a church close to my house impregnated a member of the usher and people were shying away to say it and if anyone dare talk people look at such a person a being presumptuous.
They make fake prophecies and everybody pretend not to take note when such prophecies fail.

Can they even be advised? What if they do need advice and encouragement, can anyone dare offer such assistance? Because from the look of things everything they do right. Are you tempted to judge them so to speak sometimes? or are they fallible?

If pastors are your target, dont lump 'Alfas' with them. Alfas are just ordinary people with supposedly formal study in the Islamic sciences (though many charlatan 'Alufas' just tie some turban, get appointed by equally ignorant people to lead prayers, and do not even know how to say 'come' in Arabic). Muslims do not believe that such people are possessed by any inerrant holy spirit. Rather, like any field of study, the time spent by the real Islamic scholars in formal schooling gives them more authority due to better knowledge, say like a graduate engineer, or doctor, but that does not mean that they are above error any more than a doctor or an engineer is. Yes, they can make mistakes, even in their field, and can be corrected by anyone, and if shown the evidence, will accept. The ignorant ones are insecure, so have to rely on braggadicio to push their lack of knowledge, as they have no idea of evidence or how to apply it, so rely on charisma and rank reputation.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Criticize A Clergyman? Can One Give Advice To Pastor Or Alfa? by ableguy(m): 11:21am On Nov 27, 2016
Farmerforlife:

If pastors are your target, dont lump 'Alfas' with them. Alfas are just ordinary people with supposedly formal study in the Islamic sciences (though many charlatan 'Alufas' just tie some turban, get appointed by equally ignorant people to lead prayers, and do not even know how to say 'come' in Arabic). Muslims do not believe that such people are possessed by any inerrant holy spirit. Rather, like any field of study, the time spent by the real Islamic scholars in formal schooling gives them more authority due to better knowledge, say like a graduate engineer, or doctor, but that does not mean that they are above error any more than a doctor or an engineer is. Yes, they can make mistakes, even in their field, and can be corrected by anyone, and if shown the evidence, will accept. The ignorant ones are insecure, so have to rely on braggadicio to push their lack of knowledge, as they have no idea of evidence or how to apply it, so rely on charisma and rank reputation.

Lol, well thanks for the clarification. I actually had in mind clergymen or the clergy class in the religious institutions.

From what I see they are made to appear infallible, and people think it's only a condemned person will dare question them or go against them as that amount to disobeying God.
Interesting to note that alfas are different from your post.

(1) (Reply)

Be Internationally Ordain & License To Preach / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / What Makes You Happy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.