Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Who Are The Angel Investors We Have In Nigeria? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Are The Angel Investors We Have In Nigeria? (628 Views)

Partners And Investors Needed For An Existing Business / My Son Died And Resurrected After 7 Days. Actress Angel Okorie / My Earthly Angel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are The Angel Investors We Have In Nigeria? by Berrypie(f): 9:30am On Nov 27, 2016
I don't know if this is the right section to post this but then I hope the message is well passed acrossed.

I have heard of and read about angel investors but the problem is how do I locate anyone. I have a project which is already complete but maintenance and technical support requires money.
There was this business forum I attended that was organized by Daystar in Oregun, Lagos. Chude Jideonwo was part of the speakers. He answered a question I wanted to ask but someone else asked it. He said, "To get money off an idea, you have to use money to buy money". This is true if you ask me.

Now, is it that these angel investors are only whites? If we have them in Nigeria, how do I meet them?

Someone once told me that Ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo is a man who listens if you go through the right source/person. I created a thread asking questions on how I can meet with him, Nairalanders laughed. No offense taken, I will continue searching.

Please, who are the angel investors we have in Nigeria? How can I meet with one? If I can't meet one on one, how can I send a proposal to one?

I need answers and directions please. Many thanks to everyone that will help with an answer.
Re: Who Are The Angel Investors We Have In Nigeria? by simiolu1(m): 3:57pm On Nov 27, 2016
To get angel investors to invest in your business requires some intense work. you have to search for them, know their portfolio and how to get through to them

If you're a techpreneur, I will advice you to go for tech events and network. Most tech events in the country have pitch sessions where start ups pitch their ideas to the public. You just might be lucky if an investor is in the audience. I know the office of innovation and entrepreneurship host events like that.

Also, you can go to a tech hub like Idea hub or Cc-hub with your idea. They just may render help by connecting you to investors.

Finally, you can bomb their emails with your pitch deck. If your idea is good and they see the potential they will contact you. I know that tolet.com.ng raised about 20k dollars through LinkedIn with this method.

Last advice, Google is your friend. I know if you query Google for angel investors in Nigeria, you would get results. I know this because I ran a search like that some months back.
Re: Who Are The Angel Investors We Have In Nigeria? by Marxxx: 6:48pm On Nov 27, 2016
Can I get a brief introduction about the project @berrypie?
Re: Who Are The Angel Investors We Have In Nigeria? by Berrypie(f): 10:36pm On Nov 27, 2016
Marxxx:
Can I get a brief introduction about the project @berrypie?
Please drop your email.
Re: Who Are The Angel Investors We Have In Nigeria? by Berrypie(f): 10:37pm On Nov 27, 2016
simiolu1:
To get angel investors to invest in your business requires some intense work. you have to search for them, know their portfolio and how to get through to them

If you're a techpreneur, I will advice you to go for tech events and network. Most tech events in the country have pitch sessions where start ups pitch their ideas to the public. You just might be lucky if an investor is in the audience. I know the office of innovation and entrepreneurship host events like that.

Also, you can go to a tech hub like Idea hub or Cc-hub with your idea. They just may render help by connecting you to investors.

Finally, you can bomb their emails with your pitch deck. If your idea is good and they see the potential they will contact you. I know that tolet.com.ng raised about 20k dollars through LinkedIn with this method.

Last advice, Google is your friend. I know if you query Google for angel investors in Nigeria, you would get results. I know this because I ran a search like that some months back.

Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

How God Delivered Me From The Hands Of Fraudsters In France!!! / Nigerian Man With 86 Wives, Dies At 93 (pictured) / Woman High On Morphine Forgot She Just Had Baby In Hilarious Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.