Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,707 members, 7,831,212 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) (31944 Views)

Nigerian Man And His Oyinbo Bride Wed In A Simple Ceremony Abroad (Photos) / 1520 Couples Wed In Kano / 2 Former Prostitutes Wed In Port Harcourt Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by foremost55(m): 10:40pm On Nov 27, 2016
Wow.... most Shocking Event[color=#990000][/color] shocked grin
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by emmyw(m): 10:40pm On Nov 27, 2016
Can't Do This
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by deltapikin(m): 10:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
kevoh:
Very economical! grin But wedding reception is where the bulk of the money goes to! Hopefully they all have a joint reception!

In most cases the church organize group reception for them by sourcing for funds, food items and drinks from parishioners who are well to do to take care of the reception
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by DanPel(m): 10:44pm On Nov 27, 2016
Congual bliss...
80 couples. if only the guiness book of record can highlight and document this,cos there's notin those guys can't document.
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by Sotenna(m): 10:46pm On Nov 27, 2016
Thank God boko haram didn't crash the party with their guns and suicide squad.
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by Deyrinsolar(f): 10:59pm On Nov 27, 2016
Seriously are they graduating from being singles cos this looks like a graduation ceremony with the colour of white and black. By the way is it 80 or 40 times 2
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by babadem2much(m): 11:10pm On Nov 27, 2016
80 couples 80+80 160 what about sponsors and church members Omo dem yapa o... Anyways congrat to them all
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by Joshuamilarge(m): 11:15pm On Nov 27, 2016
I see
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by linearity: 11:37pm On Nov 27, 2016
Where are the couples? I can only see brides or they modeling wedding dresses?
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by Mhyketh(m): 11:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
emeijeh:
I see no grooms

Oya identify yourself sharp-sharp!
I get uncle wey marry at the age of 52, real talk oo.
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by Mhyketh(m): 11:45pm On Nov 27, 2016
Araoluwa005:
she na women married women ni? their husbands pls
No na men marriage men.
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by Mhyketh(m): 11:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
MzMercie:
HML to all them them kiss cheesy
Na everything we Nigerians like to short, very soon we'll hear happy burial ceremony (hbc)
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by paradigmshift(m): 12:07am On Nov 28, 2016
and them go say men dey scarce
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by Joe50(m): 12:17am On Nov 28, 2016
where the grooms

anyway check my signature
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:57am On Nov 28, 2016
one as in (1) is single, two is a couple but 160? thats definitely is a multitude.

buhahhaa grin grin grin grin

HML to the latest couples in town. no one can take it away from that you married officially before the very eyes of partner couples and guests.
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by Octaves(m): 3:44am On Nov 28, 2016
megamank:
this is not funny at all...must they all wed this same day? the trill and personal attention will not be there for some of them.......i have never really like mass weddings.....at most two or 3 couples not 80.......this is more of a crusade for bride and grooms and not wedding
the church organizes this kind of event for couples who cant afford the wedding costs, instead of living in sin

1 Like

Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 4:07am On Nov 28, 2016
Seun, take a leaf from this occasion /incident. All the singles on nairaland, you must hook us/them up, by FIRE or by FORCE...........
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by ofexpryz(m): 4:40am On Nov 28, 2016
megamank:
this is not funny at all...must they all wed this same day? the trill and personal attention will not be there for some of them.......i have never really like mass weddings.....at most two or 3 couples not 80.......this is more of a crusade for bride and grooms and not wedding
. De Church pays for de Wedding most of de time and even arrange for de reception. It is done to encourage piple to marry. As marriage comes with its own Blessings, Dats of course if u marry de one for U! If dere is anything like dat

1 Like

Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by naptu2: 5:07am On Nov 28, 2016
This is a regular occurrence in catholic churches. The church pays for the wedding, including the reception, which is usually held in the church hall.

It's usually done for people who want to get married, but can't afford the wedding, people who have been living together for a long time without getting married (some of whom might already have children), etc.

80 couples Abuja
http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2016/11/80-couples-joined-in-abuja-mass-wedding/

52 couples in Jos
http://thenationonlineng.net/history-in-jos-as-church-conducts-mass-wedding-for-52-couples/

Enugu
www.nigeriannewspapers.today/2016/11/08/unbelievable-what-this-church-did-for-its-members-will-make-you-repent/

Apapa
http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2015/08/vincent-catholic-church-olodi-apapa.html

And so on and so forth.
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by CharlieMaria(m): 5:17am On Nov 28, 2016
megamank:
Understand the concept first. Most of these mass wedding you see by the catholic church is organised by the church with the sole purpose of aiding couple who have been living together and many must have had kids but not yet wedded. So they are made to come bless their union. That's why they do it this way, if not they may not even wed at all if you don't encourage them to in this way.

2 Likes

Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:20am On Nov 28, 2016
mass marriage .... majority of them are baby mamas
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by idu1(m): 5:52am On Nov 28, 2016
jatau7:
the grooms dey ohhhh....was dre live 2day....no b small thing
Are you james jatau?
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by idu1(m): 5:54am On Nov 28, 2016
Hypocrites everywhere as everyone is saying nice one.
Similar thing happened in Kano.

The commend that got was insults.
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by Maj196(m): 6:00am On Nov 28, 2016
It's gonna be too rowdy
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by Austin4lif: 6:38am On Nov 28, 2016
booqee:
Abeg this is bullsh*t!!!!
are you married? If no, key in to their testimony not condemnation.
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by Exciton(m): 7:22am On Nov 28, 2016
I've got no problem with mass marriages even though it's horseshit. But I'm quite sure that half of these people don't have enough to raise a child but they'll probably have 3 babies each within 5 years and start complaining about poverty and hunger.

Africans be marrying and multiplying like viruses but add very little to the advancement of the human species.

I only hope their pastors adviced them against babies till they've saved enough money.
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by blackprinx: 10:45am On Nov 28, 2016
And what's the title of that movie? The wedding photograph?
Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by rossyc(f): 12:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
megamank:
It is called Mass wedding. Most of them have been living with the man and vice versa for years and that is a sin as long as religion is concerned so instead of them to continue in that way the church decided to wed them legally. So i will say a big kudos to the priest that is a welcomed development.

1 Like

Re: 80 Couples Wed In Nasarawa Catholic Church (Photos) by jatau7(m): 6:19pm On Nov 28, 2016
idu1:
Are you james jatau?
no

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved / Pictures From The Calabar Green Carnival Held Today / Nairalanders having fun at a beach party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.