Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

How Reliable Is A Mercedes-benz S 430? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Is A Mercedes-benz S 430? (1254 Views)

Osinbajo Left Presidential Villa For A Break In His Benz S-class / The Evolution Of Mercedes-benz S-class (1972-2019) / The Evolution Of Mercedes Benz S-class Flagship (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Reliable Is A Mercedes-benz S 430? by elviszzz: 12:42am On Nov 28, 2016
Hi guru's, am actually thinking of purchasing a 2001 mercedes s 430 which has starting issues, what could be the problem? Are the parts expensive to buy? Please I need your input, thanks buddies.
Re: How Reliable Is A Mercedes-benz S 430? by Lexusgs430: 4:22am On Nov 28, 2016
elviszzz:
Hi guru's, am actually thinking of purchasing a 2001 mercedes s 430 which has starting issues, what could be the problem? Are the parts expensive to buy? Please I need your input, thanks buddies.

Don't even contemplate buying an S430, if all you have is a corolla budget.
It's a luxury limo with a luxury cost of spare parts........

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is A Mercedes-benz S 430? by Denn(m): 6:29am On Nov 28, 2016
elviszzz:

Only you know the starting issues by scanning the car.

It is 2001 which implies OBD2 compliance.

Apart from body and suspension parts, the 'engine, drivetrain, transmission etc is similar to the following car models:
E430
C 43 AMG
CLK 430
E 43 AMG

Once you scan and get the codes, you can mention me on this post and we would review them together.

Please note that some corolla parts are more expensive than similar Benz parts....

And here is a warning....Benz is like cocaine; once you start using a Mercedes, to change brands would be hard....

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is A Mercedes-benz S 430? by nurey(m): 2:44pm On Nov 28, 2016
When trouble sleep yanga go wake am, wetin he dey find Palava he dey find, Palava he go get oooo.

I hope before you touch that car, you have removed money for new engine, new ECU, new wiring, key and programming from the asking price.

When you have been able to fix that car, call me for a test drive, I get orgasm from V8s
Re: How Reliable Is A Mercedes-benz S 430? by shyling(f): 6:34pm On Nov 28, 2016
nurey:
When trouble sleep yanga go wake am, wetin he dey find Palava he dey find, Palava he go get oooo.

I hope before you touch that car, you have removed money for new engine, new ECU, new wiring, key and programming from the asking price.

When you have been able to fix that car, call me for a test drive, I get orgasm from V8s
Benz is not that bad
Re: How Reliable Is A Mercedes-benz S 430? by shyling(f): 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2016
elviszzz:
not suitable for a beginner in Benz
Re: How Reliable Is A Mercedes-benz S 430? by drhappy(m): 12:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
@OP: why are you even contemplating buying a car with starting issue. Let the owner resolve the problem and add to the cost of the car. That way, you avoid unnecessary headaches.
That is why I cannot even think of buying naija used cars. If it is a tokunbo Micra that my budget could handle, then so be it.
Re: How Reliable Is A Mercedes-benz S 430? by Lexusgs430: 2:28am On Nov 30, 2016
nurey:

The orgasm from a V8, is usually so addictive...........

(1) (Reply)

Car Body Vibrates After Replacing Engine Seats Rubbers With Bushings / Chevrolet HHR Or No? / Auto Electronics And Programming (rewire)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.