Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Please Help, My Car's Leaks Engine Oil Through Coil 'A' - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help, My Car's Leaks Engine Oil Through Coil 'A' (549 Views)

Reasons You Always Have Engine Oil Shortage / How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! / Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Help, My Car's Leaks Engine Oil Through Coil 'A' by MarkAfoo: 1:01am On Nov 28, 2016
I bought and installed a new engine in my 2006 RAV4 sometimes last June when I had a problem with the old engine and I later discovered that the engine oil always found its way to the bottom of coil 'A' (the first coil from the left if you are standing at the front of the bonnet). I noticed this when my Mechanic did a servicing of the car last month and I tried to gauge the engine oil two weeks after. I went back to him to complain and he opened the engine cover and tried to clean the old gum and put new one around the cover and told me that it will not happen again, I now bought a one litre engine oil to top up the oil and I started checking to discovered that the same thing happened after four days. So I took the car to another workshop and I was told that they will have to buy another engine cover 'rubber' and sealant. I stood with this man and I believed he did a thorough cleaning of the engine cover and fixing of the rubber and the sealant and we also allowed the gum to cure for four hours but the same thing happened after four days. Please I need your help on how the problem could be fixed.
Re: Please Help, My Car's Leaks Engine Oil Through Coil 'A' by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:19am On Nov 28, 2016
MarkAfoo:
I bought and installed a new engine in my 2006 RAV4 sometimes last June when I had a problem with the old engine and I later discovered that the engine oil always found its way to the bottom of coil 'A' (the first coil from the left if you are standing at the front of the bonnet). I noticed this when my Mechanic did a servicing of the car last month and I tried to gauge the engine oil two weeks after. I went back to him to complain and he opened the engine cover and tried to clean the old gum and put new one around the cover and told me that it will not happen again, I now bought a one litre engine oil to top up the oil and I started checking to discovered that the same thing happened after four days. So I took the car to another workshop and I was told that they will have to buy another engine cover 'rubber' and sealant. I stood with this man and I believed he did a thorough cleaning of the engine cover and fixing of the rubber and the sealant and we also allowed the gum to cure for four hours but the same thing happened after four days. Please I need your help on how the problem could be fixed.

take a pic and show us

a rocker cover gasket is a simple job to do if its leaking from rocker gasket

the question would be, did they buy the replacement gasket or they put sealant on top of the old gasket
Re: Please Help, My Car's Leaks Engine Oil Through Coil 'A' by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:29am On Nov 28, 2016
MarkAfoo:

was he buying New ones?

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Turkey Sales / 2005 Nissan Pathfinder 2M / Watch The Most Dramatic Car Vs Bus Accident Caught On Camera In Japan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.