Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 (8142 Views)

FG Records N1.064trn Half-year Revenue Shortfall / Amaechi Embezzled N3trn As Governor – Rivers Govt / Rays Of Hope For Economy As FG Fights Back With N3trn TSA Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by ephi123(f): 9:42am On Nov 28, 2016
In 2016... and we claim to be the giant of Africa. This is too shameful for words. Successive governments have failed to address this problem so here we are. Current govt unfortunately seems to be making it worse.
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by HomeOfMe(f): 9:47am On Nov 28, 2016
Anybody building now should just include solar panels in the budget once and for all. Depending on power in Nigeria ke a waste of time.
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by wellmax(m): 9:57am On Nov 28, 2016
Atiku2019:
We Sold DISCOs & GENCO to the wrong peeps cry cry cry

24hours power supply remains the fastest way to indrustrial Revolution in Nigeria

Where is Prof Barth Nnaji cry cry surely the next Minister for Power in 2019 cool

#Atiku2019

Who is Nnaji? ?? What did he achieve in his time?

2 Likes

Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by wellmax(m): 10:00am On Nov 28, 2016
kokerkl:
FASHOLA and his team has failed the power sector. We need Bart Nnaji and his team back

Is Fashola the one owing the DISCOs and GENCOs. Was he the one who sold PHCN?
and to your Hero Nnaji, he was there for over 3 years, what did he achieve during his time?

3 Likes

Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by kraftykc(m): 10:05am On Nov 28, 2016
spawnx:
Let them stop complaining and give power. I have only bought about 20k worth of power since the beginning of the year due to no regular power supply. How do you intend to generate revenue when there isn't power supply.

Blaming it on meter bypass and power theft. How many people would be involved in this to drop revenue?

A lot more than you know! Even if 30% of the population engages in the by-passing that's already too significant a sum!
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by PaulIdu: 10:13am On Nov 28, 2016
I have spent well over 200 thousand naira on residence electricity bill this year alone and yet this fools say they are short in funds
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by skedman(m): 10:21am On Nov 28, 2016
I am afraid the management of this company lack managerial skills. There main aim is to steal and not to provide the required services. Give us prepaid meter it became a problem. Ok let us buy the meter ourselve problem, stop charging us fixed charge it became a problem. Abnormal billing system a general problem. Ok we have our money sell meter to us they can't . Give us power and charge us accordingly, they can never, so what is the main problem of this company. You reap what you sow. If you don't tackle all these problem you can never move forward . If your primary goal is to steal from the poor masses you will still be stagnant. Suggested solution. The company should ensure that they provide abundant of prepaid meter to the populace , if a competitve market can be opened a case in point, computer village were people can go to purchase the required prepiad meter by the authority monitored by the authority involved. This will reduce the burden of huge debt
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by bigiyaro(m): 10:25am On Nov 28, 2016
We have bin expectin it, sins gej sold nepa to his incompetent cronies,
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by bashydemy(m): 10:45am On Nov 28, 2016
Atiku2019:
We Sold DISCOs & GENCO to the wrong peeps cry cry cry

24hours power supply remains the fastest way to indrustrial Revolution in Nigeria

Where is Prof Barth Nnaji cry cry surely the next Minister for Power in 2019 cool

#Atiku2019

What did Barth Nnaji do when he was Minister of Power and Steel between 2011 and 2012? You think we Nigerians forget history? hahha 2019 will teach you another lesson.

1 Like

Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by MONITZ: 10:58am On Nov 28, 2016
spawnx:
Let them stop complaining and give power. I have only bought about 20k worth of power since the beginning of the year due to no regular power supply. How do you intend to generate revenue when there isn't power supply.

Blaming it on meter bypass and power theft. How many people would be involved in this to drop revenue?

Thanks for this comment,there was a time they brought a bill of 1.7 million for a duplex and it wasn't that they ve not been paying their bills,they re very heartless and re even worse than the police..
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by yedidiah(m): 11:13am On Nov 28, 2016
how worse can things get. embarassed
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by An0nimus: 11:26am On Nov 28, 2016
While we complain we should remember to never bypass our metres and always pay our complete NEPA bills.

Shalom smiley
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by Princewell2012(m): 11:50am On Nov 28, 2016
Revolva:
Nigeria is a big failure shame to us .......nonsense place to be born in

I once told my oga in the office that i want to go and learn a diesel engine repair. You know what he told me? This was three years ago. He told me that i should go ahead and do that, and that he don't think nigeria is getting any better on power, that generator engineer will continue to make more money. I didn't take him serious then, now i have seen where he was coming from. And now i began to regret why i didn't go on with my plan. Shame for this country.

1 Like

Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by Omonigeriarere: 11:56am On Nov 28, 2016
Pavarottii:
Black-out soon.

Another dividend of change.

Consequences of unscrupulous privatization done by Ineffectual Buffon
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by crownbryan(m): 11:56am On Nov 28, 2016
Everyone dream; it is good to dream, but are you deeply lost in your dream, while others chase theirs? If you are still dreaming about moving your business or school to the next level, now is the time. Click on http://www.allaboutschoolsng.com/ to secure advert space for your business or school, we make you visible across the world.
you can email us at hello@allaboutschoolsng.com or call 08177275312. IT ALLABOUTSCHOOLS!!!
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by Newmanluckyman(m): 11:59am On Nov 28, 2016
...power sector is one area that I believe that corruption reign supreme there. It is a dilemma that no one can unravel the mystery surrounding that sector.Massive funds have been given to that sector but with nothing to show for it. Government too hasn't been sincere and honest with Nigerians concerning that sector due to its backed cronies, agents, interest anxious to collect their own pound of flesh from the bruising cow (power sector) to the detriment of many nigerians.

Secondly, States should be allowed to generate, distribute provided that state has the finese, capacity and financial muscle to do it. By so doing, it puts less pressure on fed govt. Unfortunately, unhealthy politics will kill that before it's arrival.

Finally, power sector indeed is too much a knot to be unravelled.
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by Omonigeriarere: 12:00pm On Nov 28, 2016
jiinxed:
blame your stvpid president

Hope you read the part where it was stated that the debt accumulated since 2011: I wonder who is more stupid between you and the President you are accusing wrongly.

However, where in the world has FG transfers the ownership of Power Sector, which requires utmost attention to private individuals? This can only happen under Ineffectual Buffon
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by Princewell2012(m): 12:01pm On Nov 28, 2016
2dugged:
Till date so many people that paid for prepaid meter have not gotten it, every month phcn brings estimated bills,no regular supply of light,let them atleast make prepaid meters available, that will be a start to the problem

This is making it two weeks that we have not seen a single light in my area at aboru. Infact i began to regret why i resubscribe this month on my modem. It is just a waste of money.
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by jiinxed: 12:10pm On Nov 28, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

Hope you read the part where it was stated that the debt accumulated since 2011: I wonder who is more stupid between you and the President you are accusing wrongly.

However, where in the world has FG transfers the ownership of Power Sector, which requires utmost attention to private individuals? This can only happen under Ineffectual Buffon

cry me a river, afonja slave.

1 Like

Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by SycophanticGoat: 12:40pm On Nov 28, 2016
Standing5:
The debt in question didn't start accumulating in change era.

What is the change era doing about it?
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by Standing5(m): 12:49pm On Nov 28, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

What is the change era doing about it?
What they are suppose to.
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by SycophanticGoat: 12:54pm On Nov 28, 2016
Standing5:
What they are suppose to.

You mean, taking the country into recession and further keeping the masses impoverished thru multiple taxation? Change is nothing but an overhyped curse..
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by jimoqua: 3:01pm On Nov 28, 2016
This PHCN people are just mere thieves, presently they are spreading accumulated bills on customers that pay regularly and changing their reading to estimated bills that the meter is no more reading. Be aware Nairalander, this is an avenue to generate money , this is total fraud.
i have a friend they did it to at ogudu . The marketer name is Avaan with a phoney number 0800225545332. How can you put a fake number on customer bills. I am using this avenue to call on DISCOS to look into it because this marketer is making life unbearable for customers on Ogudu road.
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by Pylony(m): 6:10pm On Nov 28, 2016
Mtcheeeeew.. Let the white elephant project continue. Make i try save enough money buy one correct solar plan for house jare, that way if they like make them talk say Kainji dam has a big crack and will soon break sef na them dey do them selves. Useless recycled old bunch of politicians, after looting the nation dry for decades you see them having giant jumbo standby generators on there properties fueled with tax payers money thats why they never care to fix the electricity issue in the country when it was all rossy. At a time south Africa is thinking about nucler energy plants and renewable Energy such as their creation of one of the biggest solar farms on the continent we are still time traveling into the era of Mungo park.
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by lohresloco: 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
This CHANGE na die I swear
steady bad news after another
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:19pm On Nov 28, 2016
lohresloco:
steady bad news after another
my brother e be like sey someone cursed Nigeria
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 29, 2016
Princewell2012:

This is making it two weeks that we have not seen a single light in my area at aboru. Infact i began to regret why i resubscribe this month on my modem. It is just a waste of money.
my work area that used to be known for having constant light has suddenly started having epileptic power supply, sometimes till the close of work they won't even flash the light,we will have to use gen through out

1 Like

Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by Revolva(m): 12:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
Princewell2012:

I once told my oga in the office that i want to go and learn a diesel engine repair. You know what he told me? This was three years ago. He told me that i should go ahead and do that, and that he don't think nigeria is getting any better on power, that generator engineer will continue to make more money. I didn't take him serious then, now i have seen where he was coming from. And now i began to regret why i didn't go on with my plan. Shame for this country.

I de tell u d truth this nation is a failure

check out Lagos badagry expresses way road

the alakija buatop to abule ado to iyan oba down to okoko alaba intl
u go cry for people living n.hustling around there

the road construction is slow they have fraustrated the.chinese contractor sotey dem self Don taya looose
Re: Power Shortfall To Hit N3trn By End Of 2016 by Blue3k(m): 1:07pm On Nov 29, 2016
In the age of big data how is processing service charges still a big deal? Oh well they'll figure it out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reset Nigeria Threaten Not To Support PDP If Presidency Isn't Zoned To The South / Mob Kills 2, Burns Mosques In Adamawa / 69 PHCN Transformers Vandalised In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.