Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,044 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Toke Makinwa Launches Her Book, 'On Becoming' (Photos) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Toke Makinwa Launches Her Book, 'On Becoming' (Photos) (11520 Views)

"A Toast To Life" - Juliet Ibrahim Launches Her Book (Photos) / Chika Ike Recounts Her Ordeal While Studying At Havard, Writing Her Book, Filmin / Anita Solomon, The Other Woman Toke Makinwa Talked About In Her Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toke Makinwa Launches Her Book, 'On Becoming' (Photos) by ghostwritter(m): 11:39am On Nov 28, 2016
Pls if any of u is having d softcopy of her 'ON BECOMING' help send it to my mail osuleman11@gmail.com
thanks.
Re: Toke Makinwa Launches Her Book, 'On Becoming' (Photos) by AuroraB(f): 11:58am On Nov 28, 2016
Mikylopez:
what of the guy decides to sue her
She'll give him money, money and more money embarassed
Re: Toke Makinwa Launches Her Book, 'On Becoming' (Photos) by sweetrace(f): 12:54pm On Nov 28, 2016
Badtman:
undecided Olosho, Ashewo Launching Book
Kai in Buhari voice

"On Becoming What?

Maybe the Content will be

How to become Real Olosho

One night stand

Doggy style

Sungbalaja style

How to Kiss a Stranger

why are you calling her a prostitute? Have you seen her engaging in sexual activities for money? Is there a different definition of prostitute?
Re: Toke Makinwa Launches Her Book, 'On Becoming' (Photos) by WomanOfRace(f): 1:33pm On Nov 28, 2016
seyoops4u:

Ma, you're not alone.

I read what madam HKN "kemi Olunoyo" said something about her outfit, but people didn't even read what she said about her outfit because it was said by Kemi Olunoyo.

But what she said, I really buy it. Just look at her outfit.

Chu!

Afi unbecoming nor.

SMH

Well, now people don't really care where this world is heading to,where Africa and Nigeria is heading to; believe me, in years time to come , they will care and wish they had cared.

The much we can do is remain positive and try as much as we can than do nothing.

Have a wonderful dat
Re: Toke Makinwa Launches Her Book, 'On Becoming' (Photos) by seyoops4u: 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2016
WomanOfRace:

Well, now people don't really care where this world is heading to,where Africa and Nigeria is heading to; believe me, in years time to come , they will care and wish they had cared.

The much we can do is remain positive and try as much as we can than do nothing.

Have a wonderful day

You're very right. But the medium are not just helping. The rate at which all these wrong information and inappropriate dressings is increasing is quite alarming. And it's sickening to see people so called "Mentor" leading people astray.

Nigerians are being influenced by their western counterpart. We just take everything they give us. We take it in hook & sinker.

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa Launches Her Book, 'On Becoming' (Photos) by WomanOfRace(f): 3:18pm On Nov 28, 2016
seyoops4u:

You're very right. But the medium are not just helping. The rate at which all these wrong information and inappropriate dressings is increasing is quite alarming. And it's sickening to see people so called "Mentor" leading people astray.

Nigerians are being influenced by their western counterpart. We just take everything they give us. We take it in hook & sinker.

What do you expect a common man to do? It is a free world. The media is truly not helping as African culture has been forgotten and foreign culture is all we see everyday.

Well,it is an individual thing as you can't force people to a lifestyle they don't want to live.

Something made us Africans,our culture was so beautiful and rich that westerners were attracted to it, but now,we got nothing left to show. I may have been given birth to in the 90's but i read so much about our history and culture,tasted a bit of it before things went south.

Things that should be changed are not what is being changed. We live after the dumps of the westerns, though i applaud the bit positive part of them we picked, yet the negatives are quite outrageous. Africa,especially Nigeria is still backward today.

Well,we should hold on to what we cherish most and allow the wana be's run after the lifestyle that they think is the best.

Keeping our eyes trained on the positives.

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa Launches Her Book, 'On Becoming' (Photos) by seyoops4u: 4:08pm On Nov 28, 2016
WomanOfRace:

it is an individual thing as you can't force people to a lifestyle they don't want to live.
our culture was so beautiful and rich that westerners were attracted to it.
Things that should be changed are not what is being changed.

wow! You're right with all your points. There's nothing more to say.

Let me just say this...
At times, When people talk about colonization, it got me wondering.
We were colonized, yes we needed that. But we took things so far. We Nigerians have taken western culture to another level. It now seem we understand the culture more that owner of the culture itself.

We've developed the "blend in" mentality.

The negative parts are just too much that even a common man, if not careful would run mad trying to understand life even after colonization.

I think Indecency dressing started from the mind, and it's as a result of low self-esteem.
it's a thing that starts from this lie " I wear what I'm comfortable in".
A lady will always tell you that even when they know they're not comfortable in what they are wearing.

Though, our culture is rich but we needed colonization to help shed light on some darkness.

To me, even politics is a scam (Though, I'm not saying this because of this current administration).

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa Launches Her Book, 'On Becoming' (Photos) by WomanOfRace(f): 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2016
seyoops4u:

wow! You're right with all your points. There's nothing more to say.

Let me just say this...
At times, When people talk about colonization, it got me wondering.
We were colonized, yes we needed that. But we took things so far. We Nigerians have taken western culture to another level. It now seem we understand the culture more that owner of the culture itself.

We've developed the "blend in" mentality.

The negative parts are just too much that even a common man, if not careful would run mad trying to understand life even after colonization.

I think Indecency dressing started from the mind, and it's as a result of low self-esteem.
it's a thing that starts from this lie " I wear what I'm comfortable in".
A lady will always tell you that even when they know they're not comfortable in what they are wearing.

Though, our culture is rich but we needed colonization to help shed light on some darkness.

To me, even politics is a scam (Though, I'm not saying this because of this current administration).

you are right in all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Girls Patrols Half N*ked In Ikotun(photos) / Foluke Daramola Fights Against Child Abuse & Domestic Violence With These Photos / Trending Video of An Elephant Sucking the Boobs of A Lady [Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.