Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Do Not Take The N-power Job If… - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do Not Take The N-power Job If… (30618 Views)

List Of People To Visit The N-Power Situation Room, Abuja / 2017 N-POWER JOB RECRUITMENT- What To Do To Be Shortlisted For N-power 2017 / A Nairalander Has Been Selected For The N-power Program (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by maestro2000(m): 11:55am On Nov 28, 2016
Wait a minute!

Am I telling you to refuse a job opportunity in this recession? Yes, I am, with conditions attached.

Is the N-Power job one of the best things this government has put forward? Only time will tell.

Am I a member of the opposition who badmouths everything done by the change government? No, I am not. My job does not allow partisanship.

I am a young Nigerian experienced enough to show concern and advise people about accepting government jobs. You might be one of the many young unemployed Nigerians who will probably take any job especially a federal government opportunity. However, think it through very well.

Do not join the N-Power program …

If It Does Not Align With Your Dreams and Aspirations

We are young people who have dreams and hope to achieve them within the confines of Nigeria and her challenges. However, after many failed job interviews, we drop to the level of taking any opportunity we can grab (like contract jobs with some terrible Asian companies in Nigeria).

Many have been there, many are still there and more will join the train.

Yet, these dreams and aspirations do not go away; they always return after you get the job and earn money. This is when desperation sets in, and you wish you never took the job. If N-Power program will destabilize your personal goals, please think well before making a decision.

If You Believe N-Power is an Opportunity to Earn Easy Money

You might be thinking this is an opportunity to eat out of the national cake, that you can be lazy and unpatriotic like most civil servants and earn your pay. This is Nigeria; I do not doubt the possibility.

However, this is also the 21st century; free salary is becoming less popular in government service. If you think the ‘na government job, I fit do anyhow’ attitude will work, you might be in for a shock. N-Power might be an opportunity to work more for less pay.

Do you remember those lazy teachers that make you teach their classes during your service year? It might happen again. This is why some people think N-Power is an extension of the NYSC.

If The Location Is Not Economically Viable

Do you run a business in a thriving city like Lagos, Ibadan or Enugu? What are your plans for your business if you join N-Power? What if N-Power takes you to places like Lokoja , Gusau or Bakassi where you cannot continue your business or do a side hustle? Think before you accept the job.

Every part of Nigeria has its own opportunities; some just don’t offer widespread economic ones. Some places in Nigeria, even state capitals, are just towns where civil servants thrive and political appointees, directors and permanent secretaries are big men chasing skirts.

If You Think It Must Translate To a Full Time Government Job

I do not wish to be an agent of doom, but N-Power jobs will hardly translate to full time Federal Civil Service job. Government organizations are overstaffed and cost the government a lot of money in salaries and allowances. There is a stronger chance of becoming unemployed again with two years relevant or irrelevant experience than getting a government job.

N-Power is a fulfillment of the political promise to give jobs to youths. The change slogan must continue to rent the air. Just like the different ‘YES’ programs of the states, many unemployed graduates are brought in for a set period, phased out and new ones take their place.

The N- Power program does not suit every unemployed person. Young Nigerians should not let desperation determine their choices. Government offers do not always mean you have inherited a gold mine. Think well!

However, if you decide to take the job, please be patriotic, and offer your best to the country.

http://megasblog.com/2016/11/28/not-take-n-power-job/

12 Likes

Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by Mrrespect(m): 12:31pm On Nov 28, 2016
Thanks. We Re nt rejecting it.

62 Likes

Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by Valmesk(m): 12:39pm On Nov 28, 2016

Do you run a business in a thriving city like Lagos, Ibadan or Enugu? What are your plans for your business if you join N-Power? What if N-Power takes you to places like Lokoja , Gusau or Bakassi where you cannot continue your business or do a side hustle? Think before you accept the job.

People are posted to the Local Government Areas they chose during registration.Please if you don't have a job,or means of raising money to start a business,don't reject this Npower opporutinity.Despite the meager nature of the stipend,it will help many youths.Many graduates are being paid 18000 naira in private schools,they teach from Monday to Friday and also run lesson sessions for the schools with such pay.The Npower stipend is poor but it will help many people,mostly those that are not working or looking for capital to start up a business.
javascript:void(0);

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by oketoyinboshola(m): 12:48pm On Nov 28, 2016
I think OP is making some sense here.... What he was trying to say is that, don't put all your eggs in one basket, and or one bird at hand is better than one thousand in the bush.
So, think before you leap

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by Valmesk(m): 12:58pm On Nov 28, 2016
oketoyinboshola:
I think OP is making some sense here.... What he was trying to say is that, don't put all your eggs in one basket, and or one bird at hand is better than one thousand in the bush.
So, think before you leap
Yes he made sense but what of someone that has been searching for job and has no capital to start a business and has been shortlisted in the Npower program.Should he/she take the job?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by maxwell767(m): 1:04pm On Nov 28, 2016
maestro2000:
Wait a minute!

Am I telling you to refuse a job opportunity in this recession? Yes, I am, with conditions attached.

Is the N-Power job one of the best things this government has put forward? Only time will tell.

Am I a member of the opposition who badmouths everything done by the change government? No, I am not. My job does not allow partisanship.

I am a young Nigerian experienced enough to show concern and advise people about accepting government jobs. You might be one of the many young unemployed Nigerians who will probably take any job especially a federal government opportunity. However, think it through very well.

We are young people who have dreams and hope to achieve them within the confines of Nigeria and her challenges. However, after many failed job interviews, we drop to the level of taking any opportunity we can grab (like contract jobs with some terrible Asian companies in Nigeria).

Yet, these dreams and aspirations do not go away; they always return after you get the job and earn money. This is when desperation sets in, and you wish you never took the job. If N-Power program will destabilize your personal goals, please think well before making a decision.

You might be thinking this is an opportunity to eat out of the national cake, that you can be lazy and unpatriotic like most civil servants and earn your pay. This is Nigeria; I do not doubt the possibility.

However, this is also the 21st century; free salary is becoming less popular in government service. If you think the ‘na government job, I fit do anyhow’ attitude will work, you might be in for a shock. N-Power might be an opportunity to work more for less pay.

Do you remember those lazy teachers that make you teach their classes during your service year? It might happen again. This is why some people think N-Power is an extension of the NYSC.

Every part of Nigeria has its own opportunities; some just don’t offer widespread economic ones. Some places in Nigeria, even state capitals, are just towns where civil servants thrive and political appointees, directors and permanent secretaries are big men chasing skirts.

I do not wish to be an agent of doom, but N-Power jobs will hardly translate to full time Federal Civil Service job. Government organizations are overstaffed and cost the government a lot of money in salaries and allowances. There is a stronger chance of becoming unemployed again with two years relevant or irrelevant experience than getting a government job.

N-Power is a fulfillment of the political promise to give jobs to youths. The change slogan must continue to rent the air. Just like the different ‘YES’ programs of the states, many unemployed graduates are brought in for a set period, phased out and new ones take their place.

The N- Power program does not suit every unemployed person. Young Nigerians should not let desperation determine their choices. Government offers do not always mean you have inherited a gold mine. Think well!

However, if you decide to take the job, please be patriotic, and offer your best to the country.

read more at : http://megasblog.com/2016/11/28/not-take-n-power-job/

undecided

17 Likes

Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by oketoyinboshola(m): 1:53pm On Nov 28, 2016
Valmesk:
Yes he made sense but what of someone that has been searching for job and has no capital to start a business and has been shortlisted in the Npower program.Should he/she take the job?
Yes of course...
Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by godfrey01(m): 2:13pm On Nov 28, 2016
NIce write Up OP.. thinking of it, Npower will affect the dreams of so many people but one have to choose very wisely......

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by ststyreal(f): 2:54pm On Nov 28, 2016
maestro2000:
Wait a minute!

read more at : http://megasblog.com/2016/11/28/not-take-n-power-job/
Please for your information, you are talking to graduates here and not one toddler who doesn't know his or her left. Na waooooo, this N-Power have given dick tom and harry the leverage to talk to someone anyhow. Wetin concern op for N-Power matter, why not mind your own business, sabinusssss, I too know, eke idumota, shobole yo ke! Do you think we don't know all this before applying, no be your fault na federal govt wey dey publicise everything, na him make you get mind dey lecture graduates like to say na children you dey teach. You are lucky, am not seeing you facially, I would have shown you my result for you to know that you are talking to intellectuals and not fools. Learn to mind your business and in this case, please do keep your advice to your self!

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by ayodejijoshua(m): 2:59pm On Nov 28, 2016
ese pupo ooooo
Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 28, 2016
grin
Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 28, 2016
angry
Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by gamyy(m): 3:04pm On Nov 28, 2016
ststyreal:

Please for your information, you are talking to graduates here and not one toddler who doesn't know his or her left. Na waooooo, this N-Power have given dick tom and harry the leverage to talk to someone anyhow. Wetin concern op for N-Power matter, why not mind your own business, sabinusssss, I too know, eke idumota, shobole yo ke! Do you think we don't know all this before applying, no be your fault na federal govt wey dey publicise everything, na him make you get mind dey lecture graduates like to say na children you dey teach. You are lucky, am not seeing you facially, I would have shown you my result for you to know that you are talking to intellectuals and not fools. Learn to mind your business and in this case, please do keep your advice to your self!

u could have ignored the post and not comment...

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by Remilekun101: 3:05pm On Nov 28, 2016
OP, Half loaf of bread is better than none

grin

Check my signature please, This December must be good
Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by spiro4real(f): 3:05pm On Nov 28, 2016
The things you take for granted, someone else is praying for!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by merbenko: 3:05pm On Nov 28, 2016
Bros how many people u help with 30k every month?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by omolola15(m): 3:05pm On Nov 28, 2016
ststyreal:

Meeehn!!!!!! See vexation... This sister dey really para ooooooooooooooooooo. E come be like sey the op has offended you in another life. Chai

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by ststyreal(f): 3:06pm On Nov 28, 2016
gamyy:

u could have ignored the post and not comment...
I couldn't have because I'm part of the N-Power he is addressing!

11 Likes

Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by Fidelismaria: 3:08pm On Nov 28, 2016
ststyreal:

Lols
Lady got no chill

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 3:10pm On Nov 28, 2016
I thought one of the conditions of N-POWER is that you can't land a federal job while enrolled in the program. Can someone confirm this?
Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by EWAagoyin(m): 3:11pm On Nov 28, 2016
prefer seeing the youths carrying guns abi.... bread at hand is better than the bakery someone promised to build for u

10 Likes

Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by fkdmods: 3:11pm On Nov 28, 2016
ststyreal:

Hunger and frustration don mama this one. See vex.

12 Likes

Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by ststyreal(f): 3:12pm On Nov 28, 2016
[quote author=omolola15 post=51453585][/quote]
No vex my brother, I no dey vex like this for this forum but the guy just wan make person dey regret y him or her apply. Am sorry, if I sounded so annoying!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by Saintp(m): 3:13pm On Nov 28, 2016
The issue is that the Npower thing will not last like every govt programs. it goes well in the First six months, they start owing salaries for 5 months, before you say Jack, the participants abandon it by themselves because they are not paid.

So people who need it should go and grab the money for the few months before it is abandoned.
Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by frubben(m): 3:13pm On Nov 28, 2016
Who na don finish for triple M (MMM) body na N - power now.

Keep ur advice to urself because dem no short list u.

Crase

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by Pavore9: 3:14pm On Nov 28, 2016
ststyreal:

Sister, cool down! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by fullstreets: 3:15pm On Nov 28, 2016
Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by Johncuppa(m): 3:15pm On Nov 28, 2016
ststyreal:

Easy sister! You only know yourself ma. Some graduates really need this. I once worked in a place and left after 2 months and 9 months after, graduates who have worked for the past 2 years are still working in the same place yet my salary was the highest. Even when they were advised to leave for another place, they wouldn't.
Some people will just make any slight opportunity their comfort zone, forgetting their plan for life.

4 Likes

Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by ststyreal(f): 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2016
fkdmods:

Hunger and frustration don mama this one. See vex.
Please don't take it that way. The guy just wan make person dey regret y him or her apply for N-Power. Instead of encouraging the applicate, him just they feel like to say people wey apply no get sense or like to say we no know wetin N-Power entails. No vex say I too vex, e dey come like that sometimes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Take The N-power Job If… by SABA2002(m): 3:20pm On Nov 28, 2016
ststyreal:

Hahaaah cheesy grin grin grin angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gasoline Associates Ltd / Vacancy At Diamondbank / Please Help Review this Cover Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.