Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

The New Normal -taking Pictures Of The Dead - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The New Normal -taking Pictures Of The Dead (531 Views)

Onuh Makedomu: Policeman Arrested For Taking Bribe From A Motorist / Paul Adoyi, The Dead UNIJOS Student Found In A Pond (Photos) / The Dead Bodies Of The Fulani Youths Killed In Yorro LGA, Taraba (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The New Normal -taking Pictures Of The Dead by LaPresidente(m): 12:09pm On Nov 28, 2016
What has the world become? what has Nigeria become?? since when is it OK to take photos or the dead? How can a normal person be comfortable doing that?

I was prompted to ask these questions because I just saw a picture of a young man that had committed suicide. Personally I think that's a very selfish thing to do plus SUICIDE IS FOR COWARDS!

Now that's not the main problem here, why would someone take a picture of a suicide victim or even someone who lost their life in an accident? And as if thats not enough, post it on social media,WHY?

I don't see anyone saying much about it, so maybe I'm overreacting or something.

Of course I'm not, we're losing it, our empathy towards others, our love for life, respect for Human life. It's the new normal and it's not OK.
Re: The New Normal -taking Pictures Of The Dead by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 28, 2016
Ofcourse you are overreacting... Lemme tell you the simple reason... In this country, seeing is believing.... Am sure you too have asked of pinshure on this nairaland after reading some story here.. Why?? The answer is simple to clear your doubts

(1) (Reply)

Police Parade Suspects Arrested With Weapons & INEC Materials In Rivers Rerun / A Reply I Gave To A Scammer / Village Head Killed In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.