Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Young Evangel Wins Sug Presidential Election In Federal Polytechnic Oko - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Young Evangel Wins Sug Presidential Election In Federal Polytechnic Oko (725 Views)

Federal Polytechnic Oko Students Write Exam While On Strike / Boy Who Dressed Like Female Student To Canvass For Votes Wins SUG Election / Federal Polytechnic Oko Bans Beard, Afro Hair And Trousers, Students Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Young Evangel Wins Sug Presidential Election In Federal Polytechnic Oko by obynoses(m): 4:01pm On Nov 28, 2016
It was a show of oneness as the students who contested for different positions in the Student Union Government embraced themselves after the result was announced by the SIEC Chairman. Both the aspirants who lost and those who won were seen exchanging pleasantries; an act orchestrated by the Oath-of-Peace exercise, administered by the DSA, Rev.Dr. Osondu Chukwudi, who is known for his Laurette in Students Management. The New SUG president elect, Comr.Nwachukwu Evangelist in his speech, thanked the Rector and his Management team for giving all aspirants a level playing ground to contest. He equally thanked the students for electing him by queuing behind him openly without prejudice. His exact words"I thank the Rector who has given us a level playing ground. I never believed it when the Deputy Rector Administration, Sir Ejike Nwabuona said the Management led by Prof.Godwin Onu had no interest in the election and will never have such interest. I was afraid earlier because i had nobody, but now, i have confirmed that the Rector is a man of his words. This shows that he is a kindhearted and loving father. As for my students, i love you. I thank you and I will make you proud". He further reiterated to keep to his campaign promises which included; Immediate call for congress, declaration of the Union's financial stand three weeks after he resumes office, Open budgetary, Accountability and the completion of the Union's secretariat which has been abandoned for years by past Union leaders.
While applauding the Students for their peaceful behavior and conduct, the Digital Rector said that another electoral civilization and landmark has been created for all Nigerian Institutions. After dancing to a rendition of "Godwin", a musical piece from Korede Bello, to the bewilderment of the Students who joined in the dance and echoed allowed "We love you! We love you! We love you!", the Rector enjoined those who lost to accept their fate with integrity as it was the beginning of a new era in their experiences.

(1) (Reply)

ABU Zaria Postgraduate Entrance Exam, 2016 / Bayero University,kano 2016/2017 2nd And 3rd Batch Admission List Is Out / I Have Just Gotten Admission Into YABATECH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.